Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

What Should I Do - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do (44008 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do by o123456789(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:
I impregnated my ex girlfriend when I was young and relocated because at time I was young and stupid, I gave her money for abortion but she disagreed on removing it , so I had no choice but to flee as I was irresponsible and poor
My ex girlfriend put to bed months after I left and raised the child living with her parents
I relocated back last year December , I'm trying to get back with my daughter but my ex won't let me be near me even I want to take responsibility and care for my daughter
She's getting me frustrated, I'm thinking of suing her for not letting me be a presence in my daughter's life
You can't be entrusted with that child now because you wanted her dead before, and now you are claiming be changed and responsible...The truth is that people hardly change, hence the saying "once a soldier, always a soldier", "once a Teddy, always a Teddy", maybe your sudden change is with a malicious motive...You past is dealing with you right now and I advise you to give them some time so that you can be proven worthy over time, don't rush things.
Re: What Should I Do by nizelgirl(f): 1:45pm On Jan 15
I'm just here to read comment but let me add to what others have said. Op just go and marry and raise your family because from the way your sounding, your not even mature enough to be in her life and you are here claiming fatherhood. Where were you all this year's? Bros, fatherhood is beyond being a sperm donour and that what you are. Instead of you to apply wisdom in solving the problem your talking of sueing her. You lack wisdom in solving problems.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Jagabanarmy: 1:45pm On Jan 15
Zonefree:

Small pikin talk.
Absolutely, I'm quite sure he's a very small boy. I feel like giving you a knock on your head

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by MeineMutter: 1:48pm On Jan 15
First of all, look for her bank account and wire to her what she could have reasonably spent on your daughter before you even initiate any talk with anybody - whether her o or her friends, her families, your friends, or your family.

Don’t forget to send her what she could have spent on herself for the whole years you have absconded and gone AWOL.

You nor do well at all.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Kukutente23: 1:48pm On Jan 15
DBestDoc:

After 7 yrs?
You’re a very funny Man.

My suggestion to your question is to go look for a wife and marry so you can make your own children and take care of them as a father should.
Women and selfishness
Does the daughter not deserve to know her father as well? The man is back. The lady should find it in her heart to forgive him and grant him access to his daughter.
It's selfish to say he should just forget about the girl.
Re: What Should I Do by Dagger111(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15
mariahAngel:
Op, how long ago was that (when you got her pregnant)?
How old is the child (your daughter) now?

Na you be his baby mama ni?
Re: What Should I Do by Kukutente23: 1:51pm On Jan 15
mariahAngel:

He was never a father to the child.
He lost that right the day he gave money to have the child aborted.
Whatever chance he gets after that is by grace.

Only God knows why he wants the child now.
Which law says he lost the right? You women and your funny rules you never apply to yourselves
Re: What Should I Do by Eraddray(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15
Gbolahan
Switinthemiddle:
My story is almost the same with urs but the difference between us was that she told me she had gone for abortion but later called me up to tell me it didnt fall thru. I initially didnt want to come back home but after much pressure frm my family i came back. My family stood behind me and took care of her during her first few months. She and my mum literally became 5 and 6 even till now. I came back when she was like 7 months gone and i have never made a better decision in my life. After much begging and petting my babymama accepted me back and our relationship has healed as a result. I think parenthood has changed us both and our outlook on life. Everyday i look at my angel Vannessa and i just smile. She's the best gift God ever gave me.
so guy dont miss another day in your girl's life. E get y
Re: What Should I Do by GreatAchiever1: 1:52pm On Jan 15
OP I would say, first of all. You need to do lots of apologising, to the mother, mother's parents and even your daughter. Also it's good to know your eye don open and it's very dangerous for a girl to grow up without a father-figure. Tell the mother you want to take responsibility in training the child in her upbringing. And you want to be in her life so she will not grow hating you because of your past mistakes.
If she doesn't agree in you seeing your daughter, still pay for the child upkeep, atleast you are owning up to your own responsibility, with time things will play up well.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by ipobarecriminals: 1:52pm On Jan 15
angry
Bongadu:
I impregnated my ex girlfriend when I was young and relocated because at time I was young and stupid, I gave her money for abortion but she disagreed on removing it , so I had no choice but to flee as I was irresponsible and poor
My ex girlfriend put to bed months after I left and raised the child living with her parents
I relocated back last year December , I'm trying to get back with my daughter but my ex won't let me be near me even I want to take responsibility and care for my daughter
She's getting me frustrated, I'm thinking of suing her for not letting me be a presence in my daughter's life
what's my daughter, my daughter, my daughter u dey cry about? A MURDERER can't be a father.u better flee back b4 dem boys drop u

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by scoobyblogspot(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15
You must have caused her pains.. Well, if u take the matter go court shey you go tell them say you asked her to do abortion? which is to kill and she said no? Your jail is loading. Just take it slow slow and make peace

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by malvisguy212: 1:53pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:
sorry but you are an idiot , suing her ? after she trained the child alone ? don't let the child hate you more. I will advice you to gradually make peace with her, be paiteint with her, her heart will get softened.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by RapportNaija(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15
Enjoying the comments lol. Make una press that OP neck well well. Nonsense and ingredients lol.

Disappeared for 7 years plus 9 months of pregnancy...now suddenly wants to sue lmao. Dem suppose flog you better koboko. Olofo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by Kukutente23: 1:56pm On Jan 15
Ishilove:

Which 'father'? The OP is a sperm donor and he no longer has any rights over that child. What he should be seeking is the 'privilege' to be a part of the child's life. After been absent for 7 years, he now wants to waltz back to continue from where he stopped. It has been less than a month and he is already talking about suing.

What was he expecting? That she'll spread her wrapper on the floor for him and wave a banner with "WELCOME BACK" boldy written on it?

His line of thought has given an insight into his character; that he is a selfish, self centered and self entitled individual.
Sperm donor is a term created by frustrated feminists. A father is a father whether good or bad. There are people who abandoned their children for 20+ years. He's even lucky he's received sense at this early stage. The child deserves to have her father. It should not be immediate but talk of losing rights is totally off the mark!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by aysnoopy(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:

This one no get head. I believe you're still in Ur twenties coz u talk too childish
Go and Sue her and see how you'll spoil Ur life with Ur own hands.
Were u available when she put to bed, did u provide for her while she's struggling to care for the new born baby? Now u think u don arrive and get mind to sue her. U dey ment.
Better take Ur parent along to go and beg dem

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by BloomingDale(f): 1:58pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:

I've tried to be friends but she won't agree

Sending her money , she refuses

Buying gifts for my daughter, she says no

She does not trust you. What if you meet the daughter, establish a relationship with your daughter and then flee again when you have had enough of playing daddy? What will happen to her daughter’s heart and emotions?

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Everydaylove: 1:59pm On Jan 15
Firstly apologize to her . U v hurt her deeply. Now that you are ready to take up your responsibility, if she continues frustrating your effort, just walk away. Don't stress yourself out emotionally and psychologically by going to court. Take your cool and move on until she returns to her senses.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by dante0147: 2:00pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:

The money you want to use in suing her why not use it to buy gifts and lots of things you never got her.. she would definitely agree instead of all this nonsense trying to prove you are the man!
Re: What Should I Do by Pesbest: 2:01pm On Jan 15
Enyi'a Ahu odikwa igi.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by G00dharddick: 2:01pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:

It's my child , I've the right to be her father

I don't want my daughter to grow up without a father

Do a DNA test first then come back and tell me what the result says before I'll advise you on what to do.

Noticed how pained and angry most of the women here are at the mentioned of DNA test? There's more to the eyes bro. She's just waiting for the girl's real father to come and it's certainly not you
Re: What Should I Do by DavSagacity(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:

You are still as stupid as you were many year ago. You are yet to mature and grow up. No iota of remorse in your comment at all. What Nonsense.!!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Shugargal(f): 2:02pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:

I was 25

My daughter's 7 years old
Can you imagine? After so many years? Haba mana! You've to calm down, take things step by step, only your family can help you solve this issue, you can't do it alone, if you're from my place, you don't even own the child.
Re: What Should I Do by SHEYOR(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15
[/b][b][b][/b][sup][/sup]
crackhaus:
I want, I'm thinking, Me, Me, Me, I, I, I, I, I...

You're not ready to communicate yet.
Re: What Should I Do by Gandollar(f): 2:03pm On Jan 15
Nazgul:

Are you ready to get married to her? If yes, take an elderly person from your side to go and meet her parents to apologize. Her parents would call her and resolve the matter. And you'll have your daughter and a wife. Case close.

If no, let her be. You can be calling and sending her messages once in a while to soften her up. If she insists that she doesn't want you in her life, there's nothing you can do than to move on.

Going to court would just be a waste of time and money for you, cos how on Earth would you explain to members of the jury that you want to claim a child whom you abandoned for years. And expect them to reach a favourable Verdict for you to claim her. Knowing fully well that if you get married tomorrow, your new wife might start maltreating her. It's impossible. You'd loose miserably.
Naija now having "jury"? Tone down on the foreign movies.

@op, Gerrarahia!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Capernum: 2:03pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:

The best you can do is work your way carefully and strategically. You're not a worthy father yet. A father don't deny pregnancies. Since you're wiser now, the wisdom is you gradually working yourself into the picture. You need to spend plenty money. Hoping they don't reject your offers.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Enemyofpeace: 2:03pm On Jan 15
Mynd44 come and see mumu story

Abeg who is interested in adopting a 47 year old bouncing baby boy?🥲🥹😌😌
Re: What Should I Do by Shugargal(f): 2:05pm On Jan 15
DavSagacity:

You are still as stupid as you were many year ago. You are yet to mature and grow up. No iota of remorse in your comment at all. What Nonsense.!!!!

Walai, that boy still mumu oo, he doesn't know he needs to continue to pacify the lady and the family before he can achieve this, his advisers and friends are not telling him the truth.
Re: What Should I Do by DavSagacity(m): 2:05pm On Jan 15
TheWinterBird:

You've audacity ooo. This is a child you wanted her to kill and whom you abandoned for 7-years. And you just paraded back into their lives in December (which was just two weeks ago) expecting her to allow you to see her and saying you want to sue her. The heck?! Is she not the one who ought to sue you?! Not to mention the 7-years of child support you're owing her. Your audacity is something else.
That makes him even more foolish and stupid. If she had listened to his immature advice to abort the pregnancy would there be any 7 year old daughter to claim now..?? The idiot just come out after 7 years and want to form Mr Dangote with money and gift. Ewu.!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by fineboynl(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15
He run because he wasn’t capable of the responsibility the girl want to forced him into.

The fact he run might even be what motivated him to be successful now.

The only thing he needs now is patient. Keep talk with her for a year

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by VULCAN(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15
Both you and the people who liked your comment have comprehension issues

I had to read the OP 3 times to confirm what I thought he wrote.

Pls where did he say he wants to "collect his daughter"??

Why is it that only very few females are able to maintain their cognitive function once a relationship matter is being discussed?

I agree with all you wrote concerning winning over the ex but let me tell you that he has a legal right to have access to his daughter whether he buys the mother gifts or not.

What you suggested is fine but is not a legal requirement.

After all, your unverified assumption is that she MUST yield to his overtures.

She may not-as is her right.

So if she refuses- your next advice would be to leave his daughter and disappear back to where he came from

Nazgul:
Maybe it's better if you just stay away from them completely.

How can you just appear from nowhere after absconding for years, and the first thing you want to do is to collect your daughter from her mom, like who does that, for you to even expect the mom to hand her over to you after struggling to raise her all these years, shows that you're a shallow thinker.

If you want your daughter, go back and become friends with her mom (your ex) get her gifts, take them out... etc, and when you've succeeded in making know that you actually do care, you'll have easier access to your daughter. That's how it's done.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by VULCAN(m): 2:09pm On Jan 15
I'm happy for you.

Since Nigeria has one of the highest paternity fraud rates on the planet....

I'm sure you did a DNA test so as not to be a statistic in years to come.

Switinthemiddle:
My story is almost the same with urs but the difference between us was that she told me she had gone for abortion but later called me up to tell me it didnt fall thru. I initially didnt want to come back home but after much pressure frm my family i came back. My family stood behind me and took care of her during her first few months. She and my mum literally became 5 and 6 even till now. I came back when she was like 7 months gone and i have never made a better decision in my life. After much begging and petting my babymama accepted me back and our relationship has healed as a result. I think parenthood has changed us both and our outlook on life. Everyday i look at my angel Vannessa and i just smile. She's the best gift God ever gave me.
so guy dont miss another day in your girl's life. E get y
Re: What Should I Do by Femeto: 2:11pm On Jan 15
Bongadu:
You are still stupid. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marriage Gone Wrong / Woman Attacks Co-Wife With Hot Water In Plateau State (Graphic Pic) / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.