Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says (9840 Views)

NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / "I Don't Need To Be Captain" - Paul Pogba Hits Back At Coach Jose Mourinho / Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by SoNature(m): 4:35am On Jan 15
AFCON 2023: “God gives and God takes” – Jose Peseiro hoping tides turn for Super Eagles against Ivory Coast after Equatorial Guinea draw.

Victor Osimhen scored a header from Ademola Lookman’s cross to cancel out Iban Salvador’s well-placed opener in AFCON Group A clash between Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea.

Super Eagles coach, Jose Vitor Peseiro lamented over his side’s 1-1 draw over Equatorial Guinea, but is hopeful for a change against Ivory Coast, handing the game into God’s hands, Soccernet.ng reports.

The Portuguese tactician opted against his usual 4-4-2 formation today, and opted to start with Chippa United’s Christian Nwabili in goal, but it was his team’s lack of clinicality in front of goal that came back to haunt him.

Speaking in his post-match conference, the Portuguese tactician mentioned his team did enough to take all three points, despite the humid conditions in Ivory Coast.

“We did everything to win, we created many and clear opportunities, and we simply deserved to win. Playing by 2 pm isn’t easy, so the temperature and humidity were not good, but our players managed it very well. It wasn’t easy playing in these conditions,” the 63-year-old coach said.

The former Porto manager remained optimistic about the team’s next game, and put it into the hands of God.

“I am sad, the players are also sad but God gives and God takes. Next game, God could give us,” he added.

Bright Osayi-Samuel, Calvin Bassey, Joe Aribo, Samuel Chukwueze, and Paul Onuachu all came on to change the game for the Super Eagles, but Jesus Owono came up trumps for the Equitoguineans.

Source: https://soccernet.ng/2024/01/afcon-2023-god-gives-and-god-takes-jose-peseiro-hoping-tides-turn-for-super-eagles-against-ivory-coast-after-equatorial-guinea-draw.html

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by SoNature(m): 4:38am On Jan 15
This coach has mastered Nigeria's art of applying religion where there's no connection whatsoever. This is the same thing that has made Nigéria a big mess.

When you hear him talk about God taking, you may even think that someone died, not knowing he's trying to make excuses for his uninspiring, visionless performance.

168 Likes 21 Shares

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Prerose: 5:26am On Jan 15
SoNature:
This coach has mastered Nigeria's art of applying religion where there's no connection whatsoever. This is the same thing that has made Nigéria a big mess.

When you hear him talk about God taking, you may even think that someone died, not knowing he's trying to make excuses for his uninspiring, visionless performance.
grin grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Zeus123: 5:27am On Jan 15
The foreign coach has being infected with the nigerian virus.

Religion and sport. Man said God takes and gives. I even thought a player died.

Lazy man

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Shellsploit: 5:27am On Jan 15
Dem go sack this one in the next 3 market days.
This i have vehemently seen!!

19 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by jabor4Naija(m): 5:27am On Jan 15
Already talking like a Nigerian, well, thank God I didn't bother myself to watch the match

6 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by crown08(m): 5:28am On Jan 15
grin

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by SAMTOBIJU(m): 5:28am On Jan 15
Don't even know what to say to this Man. Oga do your job and stop saying God give and take in soccer, do your Job abeg

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by tollyboy5(m): 5:29am On Jan 15
The coach has no blame, we all saw how iwobi dey fear leg make he no get injury, and how Simon dey mumu himself as world best.
Should the coach manufacture players or jump into the stadium to kick the ball?

19 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Dyfynezz12(m): 5:29am On Jan 15
He has known that Nigerians can be easily deceived using God's name hence he is using the Religion card
God is not in soccer and he doesn't interfere in the result of any match.
Will he use God as an excuse if he was coaching a Portuguese team?

5 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Sirseedorf(m): 5:30am On Jan 15
He's right at some point, but the God tone is Nigerian way of life...
Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by mysticwarrior(m): 5:30am On Jan 15
This man should just shut up jare, playing a draw with a country like equatorial guinea is like a defeat to we Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Domif: 5:30am On Jan 15
What has God have to do with your incompetent, useless coach that always have nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:31am On Jan 15
What a clueless statement?

A Nigerian coach making such an unprofessional statement?

Taaaa

1 Like

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Cholls(m): 5:31am On Jan 15
My brothers and sisters this guy is taking notes. If you want to press Nigerians mumu button just put God or gods in your sentence

10 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by imma007: 5:36am On Jan 15
The coach na scammer trying to scam the scammer, stop using emotional blackmail, do u work . cry cry

1 Like

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Omoawoke2(m): 5:37am On Jan 15
When did oyinbo start saying statements like this?
This man has learnt how to use God to deceive Africans, he must be very stupid

14 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by epainos: 5:38am On Jan 15
When a Spaniard or Portuguese start using God to toast you, then, you should know that the whole world has recognised your mu.mu button. grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Blackfire(m): 5:40am On Jan 15
Na coach we hire abi na pastor abi imam

I no blame him

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by zombieHUNTER: 5:42am On Jan 15
Osimehn missed a lot of chances

that's not on the coach

They should redeem themselves against the hosts on Thursday

5 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Emperor4tune(m): 5:42am On Jan 15
Zeus123:
The foreign coach has being infected with the nigerian virus.

Religion and sport. Man said God takes and gives. I even thought a player died.

Lazy man
just saying my mind bro
Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Gten(m): 5:43am On Jan 15
Coach don drop prophecy.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by pak: 5:47am On Jan 15
Are you sure this coach is not a reverse yahoo?
Why is he now using God to appeal to our senses

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Emperor4tune(m): 5:47am On Jan 15
i think say person don die,see whyte man oo,playing intelligence with his lazy boys using God for thier failure

4 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by ogawisdom(m): 5:47am On Jan 15
grin

The last time I heard this was at a burial

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by nairalee(m): 5:52am On Jan 15
If the coach truly believes this then why stress yourself to scout for good players? Just invite 20 powerful prayer warriors from MFM or Deeper life and make them your players. Infact we will win the world cup

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:54am On Jan 15
Blackfire:
Na coach we hire abi na pastor abi imam

I no blame him

Na Reverend Father grin grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by lonelydora: 5:56am On Jan 15
Oyibo no dey believe in God o. Na hardwork dem dey believe
Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:59am On Jan 15
Ghana game comes to mind cheesy
Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Blackfire(m): 6:03am On Jan 15
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Na Reverend Father grin grin

Demon incarnate
Re: AFCON: God Gives And God Takes – Nigerian Coach, Jose Peseiro Says by Kingluqman(m): 6:06am On Jan 15
This coach no Sabi at all. Abeg who die now? grin

Wetin God give Super Eagle.. Wetin God take grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Football: Nigeria Europe-based Internationals Regain Goal Scoring Form. / Barcelona Announce Profit Of €304m For 2022/23 Season / It’ll Take Miracle For Super Eagles To Win AFCON - Ex-international, Akanni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.