Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? (15964 Views)

Nigeria 2-1 South Africa: Super Eagles Fans Celebrate Win Outside Cairo Stadium / FIFA Accused Of refusing Super Eagles’ Fans From Entering The Stadium With Drums / Chai Our Coach Bans Super Eagles From Eating Goat Meat, Pepper Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Available9: 12:24pm On Jan 15
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Enemyofpeace: 12:25pm On Jan 15
The coach should have benched oshimrn and oliseh till the second half and use kanu and okocha in the first half
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by fatherjesse(m): 12:26pm On Jan 15
Everything, there was no game plan whatsoever
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:26pm On Jan 15
Go pay him his accrued and outstanding salaries!
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by zoghys: 12:26pm On Jan 15
BUSI105:
both coach and the players are clueless

The players are not up to scratch, that doesn't mean our coach is the new pep, but those players should have done better especially osimhen who lost begging chances. I hope we get it right against Ivory coast

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Deicide: 12:27pm On Jan 15
Like say no be connection most of them use get that position grin una neva see anything for this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Okwyjesus(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:
Iam one of those rooting for the sack of poseiro before this tournament.. yes.but going by yesterday's game, honestly speaking our players have to be blamed. We created 7 good Chances and scored just 1. Is our coach expected to come in and score those goals? Please let's allow that Man to breath.

No patriotism bro. Nobody want to die on top Nigeria matter and ruin his club career.

Do the best you can but no kill yourself may be their slogan
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15
You carry children way dey form billionaires enter pitch wetin u expect??... No team spirit, all man won play him own make dem for hype am! Wasting chances and overated and over hyped Chickens!!.... Make una free that innocent Coach abeg!, Him job na to coach not to play or to score goals!!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by alphaconde(m): 12:30pm On Jan 15
Timagex:
As much as I hate to admit this, I believe our problems are more than physical. If osimhen was in napoli's jersey, he would have bagged an hattrick. There is this dark spirit that clouds our players whenever they are in Nigeria's jersey. Take a look at how oshoala bangs braces for barcelona and struggles here.

Something beyond the physical is going on. I believe it and I know I am not alone.

that spirituality are u suspecting is what i am seeing as lack of team spirit, dedication and purpose.

Oshimen and Oshola scores those goals for pay they need to find equal motivation to do same here.

See sometimes when the spirits sees your purpose and determination they will even support u.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Honestey: 12:32pm On Jan 15
For the first time I watched Nigeria match in football showing centre and only 4! people cared to joined me with the owner of the viewing centre making 6! A lot has gone wrong in this country. So, the way I see it, the passion to keep Nigeria flag flying high in football is gone. the eleda of people in the hands of kidnappers is making Oshimen missing chances like Jackson of Chelsea and it's looking bleak already. I believe Airpeace is warming up to bring home our players after group stage but prayers can change it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by gfelo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15
The current Super Eagles of Nigeria is just an assemblage of some brilliant individual football players but a very weak and directionless team!

They don't want to put their best for the fear of injury in other not to lost out in their foreign team.

They should make way for more hungry and determined youngsters who are dying to put on the National colours of Nigeria.

Sadly is only NFF that can determine this, till then Super Eagle may never be better.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by qtx(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:
Iam one of those rooting for the sack of poseiro before this tournament.. yes.but going by yesterday's game, honestly speaking our players have to be blamed. We created 7 good Chances and scored just 1. Is our coach expected to come in and score those goals? Please let's allow that Man to breath.
Una get mind o, una de watch SE match with that state wei them dey? I no wan die quick, make dem no give me hat attack. shocked grin
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by adioolayi(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15
Pajero no get any blame from me..

He don do wetin most Nigerians complained about...he changed Uzoho and also started Yusuff...

Na bad luck Infront of goal no enable us win the match convincingly

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by SouthSouth1914: 12:40pm On Jan 15
Should have removed IWOBI right from the first half. He was not in the game, no work rate, no run ins, assist or defensive effort. Dude was just blank!

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Sermwell(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15
Timagex:
As much as I hate to admit this, I believe our problems are more than physical. If osimhen was in napoli's jersey, he would have bagged an hattrick. There is this dark spirit that clouds our players whenever they are in Nigeria's jersey. Take a look at how oshoala bangs braces for barcelona and struggles here.

Something beyond the physical is going on. I believe it and I know I am not alone.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
This is the dumbest thing I've heard this year cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by spencekat(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15
Messileo10000:
See, super eagles no serious.

Sloppy defense, no attacking prowess or creativity from the midfield, and lack of clinical attackers.

They are not just motivated. [/b]If na like this we wan go face Ivory coast, we go collect nothing less than three from their hand[b]. undecided

Well, sometimes, Football doesn't go like that

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Timagex(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15
alphaconde:

that spirituality are u suspecting is what i am seeing as lack of team spirit, dedication and purpose.

Oshimen and Oshola scores those goals for pay they need to find equal motivation to do same here.

See sometimes when the spirits sees your purpose and determination they will even support u.

Exactly. Something is holding them back.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by babytoun: 12:48pm On Jan 15
post=127952689:

Looking at it from another angle.....

A country of over 220 million people versus a country of 1.6 million people.

Alimosho Local Government Area in Lagos population is 1,953,500 bigger than Equatorial Guinea.

Football no be by population ooo

by this logic , China should be winning the WC, followed by India.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by WantsandMore: 12:51pm On Jan 15
The super eagles needs a therapist to boost their confidence. Not everything is physical some maybe going through a lot

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by babytoun: 12:51pm On Jan 15
Coach should have taken out Simon earlier

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Myhusband(m): 12:52pm On Jan 15
I don't know the credentials that made him to start Simeon ahead of chukwueze

Simeon hardly give accurate pass, he hold on to ball too much, his long pass is always over the box

introducing new wingers in the beginning of second half would have change that game

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Forumites: 12:52pm On Jan 15
post=127952689:

Looking at it from another angle.....

A country of over 220 million people versus a country of 1.6 million people.

Alimosho Local Government Area in Lagos population is 1,953,500 bigger than Equatorial Guinea.

Football no be by population ooo
Try talk nonsense make dem ban you.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by cucumbar: 12:54pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:
they didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just normal with Nigeria.
You better don’t give yourself high BP over super eagles and their coach. Also lower your expectations, because you will be disappointed. Surely .
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by JoshTim: 12:57pm On Jan 15
Substitution was late...zanusi was suppose to be removed right from 45mins. Osimhen got a goal, so he is forgiven. But zanusi was just so poor.

I initially spotted a risk in the midfield. Only 4 or 5 midfielders were named in the 25 man list(alhassan is injured now)...who will distribute the ball to strikers?.....Iwobi played below par.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by robosky02(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15
Timagex:

When you learn under a professor
Is different from when a head master give directive
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by millionboi2: 1:02pm On Jan 15
Messileo10000:
See, super eagles no serious.

Sloppy defense, no attacking prowess or creativity from the midfield, and lack of clinical attackers.

They are not just motivated. If na like this we wan go face Ivory coast, we go collect nothing less than three from their hand. undecided

no mind the coach, when he finished playing with Ivory coast that's when he will know how bad his team is.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by profmallor: 1:03pm On Jan 15
I disagree, you have an unmotivated team because the coach is clueless. Take a cue from the Chelsea under Lampard and the same Chelsea under Tuchel..

Oboto700:

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Dobodobo04: 1:04pm On Jan 15
We need reforms in our NFF.

1) Only ex professionals football players should be allowed to run the NFF. Kanu, Ekoku, Amunike, etc. Law should be brought in place to ensure no more square pegs in round holes.

2) Process of hiring coaches should be thorough and transparent. We obviously need coaches with good pedigrees but most importantly, coaches that can enhance how we want to play. Attacking with pace, flare, boldness. I would lean towards Dutch/Spanish coaches if we go foreign.

3) No more owing of money. It’s a big shame not to pay players and coaches. Once budget is released, all appearance fees for the whole year should be planned in advance and payment should be made swiftly. The money should never go through NFF.

4) We need a state-of-the-art training facility in the country that will cater to men/women and youth football. It will have the best sport scientist, nutritionist, data scientist, sport doctors, physiotherapist, coaches, etc. No need to camp overseas except for brief acclimatisation. Once built, we should privatise the facility for effective management. If foreign clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, etc want to tour Nigeria, they can also use the facility, so there is a commercial route for it to sustain itself and make income to function optimally.

5) Foreign born talents of Nigerian origins should be quickly approached, and the lure of switching their allegiances to Nigeria should be pitched to them ASAP. Imagine what we could have done with a talent of David Alaba! Also, once we get our acts together, they would need less convincing.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by martineverest(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15
poor selection and inept coach....most of the best starting 11 players were benched.

Austin eguavoen's performance in last AFCON was far better
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by sulaak(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:

The coach failed to call up the right players; Alhassan was a late replacement for Ndidi. He should have been on the 27 list; where are the likes of Moffi, Cyriel Dessers and Tella?

No effort was made to get Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by lomprico(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15
Everything, that man is a fraud!

NFF hired a fraud, he is no coach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans / Kanu Nwankwo Assures Heartland FC On Ihedioha's Promise / Gernot Rohr Off To Gabon For AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.