Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad (12429 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by SmartyPants(m): 1:30pm On Jan 16
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by DenreleDave(m): 1:31pm On Jan 16

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Slimlord(m): 1:31pm On Jan 16
If your current job expires nko? What would you do?
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

So recently I got a job which office is situated on the island of Lagos but I live on the mainland. My current job is also on the island but it is hybrid which makes me convenient for me to do some little errands to earn money to survive.

The problem is that the pay in the offer letter which is between 100 to 110k is not what we discussed during the interview, it is half of the amount I told them. I am about to reject the offer as I can't keep up with it and I am planning to reject it politely.

If I remove daily transport and feeding from it, I will be  less with less than 15k and this is not a 3 square meal routine. It is barely a 2 square meal on a 1k per day. Tfare will take me like 1700 per day and it means I can't save any dime on this money.

My current job expires this month and the pay is the same with this new one but just that it is hybrid, I don't have to go to work everyday as I can work from home and also go to office. It is favourable as I could save some money and also attend to the responsibilities on my neck like house rent, utility bills, and family things, mind you, I am not married and I do not have a girlfriend.

Also I am running an ICAN programme that will consume money and time but the issue is that the money offered by this new job can only cover up for my tfare and feeding...

I am about to reject the offer but I need nairalanders opinion, am I making the right decision?

I am still applying for more role... I work as a finance personnel and I have more than a year experience.

To be honest, my interest would have to secure a position in an auditing firm as a trainee. I have no experience in auditing but I want to build a career in this profession before I finish my ICAN programme but the problem is that I am yet to get the opportunity.

I am a fast learner as in very fast learner,Communicate excellently, pay attention to details and I enjoy multitasking.

Please advise me before I reject this offer
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by layo50(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16
[color=#006600][/color]
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

So recently I got a job which office is situated on the island of Lagos but I live on the mainland. My current job is also on the island but it is hybrid which makes me convenient for me to do some little errands to earn money to survive.

The problem is that the pay in the offer letter which is between 100 to 110k is not what we discussed during the interview, it is half of the amount I told them. I am about to reject the offer as I can't keep up with it and I am planning to reject it politely.

If I remove daily transport and feeding from it, I will be  less with less than 15k and this is not a 3 square meal routine. It is barely a 2 square meal on a 1k per day. Tfare will take me like 1700 per day and it means I can't save any dime on this money.

My current job expires this month and the pay is the same with this new one but just that it is hybrid, I don't have to go to work everyday as I can work from home and also go to office. It is favourable as I could save some money and also attend to the responsibilities on my neck like house rent, utility bills, and family things, mind you, I am not married and I do not have a girlfriend.

Also I am running an ICAN programme that will consume money and time but the issue is that the money offered by this new job can only cover up for my tfare and feeding...

I am about to reject the offer but I need nairalanders opinion, am I making the right decision?

I am still applying for more role... I work as a finance personnel and I have more than a year experience.

To be honest, my interest would have to secure a position in an auditing firm as a trainee. I have no experience in auditing but I want to build a career in this profession before I finish my ICAN programme but the problem is that I am yet to get the opportunity.

I am a fast learner as in very fast learner,Communicate excellently, pay attention to details and I enjoy multitasking.

I have a one room accommodation at CMS, Lagos Island, i am letting it out 300k but you will later be paying 75k annually. if you are interested call me 0.9.0.5.5.0.0.1.1.2.One
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Yelight(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16
Politely tell them the salary is not what you agreed on during the interview and it can not meet your basic needs, once you start for this Lagos you don start be that o, the company might even make you sign one useless bond that will even make it difficult for you to leave once you start. I believe they've seen your worth and will improve on their offer

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by DenreleDave(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by DenreleDave(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by DenreleDave(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by DenreleDave(m): 1:34pm On Jan 16
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Dennison27(m): 1:43pm On Jan 16
Sincerely speaking, some people lack common thinking. Your current job expires this month. Meaning you will be jobless by this time next month. You have a new offer but you are complaining that the salary can only cover for only T.p and feeding. In this current Economy, once you can afford your T.p and feeding comfortably, I swear you be big man. Use the opportunity that the new job will offer you to plan for something bigger. Who hunger Dey worry no Dey think better thing about him future!!

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by LuvU2: 1:44pm On Jan 16
Check my signature for some jobs and occasional giveaways
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Desmondum: 1:45pm On Jan 16
I wouldn't think twice before rejecting an offer like that, those are the kind of companies that think all job seekers are desperate.

Perhaps Op told them during interview that his current contract will soon expire and they decided to short pay him. If my salary expectation is more than your budget, tell me what you can offer on the spot if you want me, simple

Working for them would be hell, they already have master-slavery mentality
GboyegaD:
Bring it to their attention that what they are offering is totally different t from what was agreed and you need them to review the salary upward.

If you accept without complaining, they could half the salary at pay time since you have made it known you need them for your survival.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by julybaba(m): 1:47pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

No two jobs are exactly the same. Different work environments, different people, different policies.

How sure are you that you’ll give your employer value for the salary you’ll be receiving.

Work for a while before asking for salary review.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by aylipple: 1:51pm On Jan 16
If you go through the responses OP, you would've noticed by now that you've received very valuable advice from NLers on what to do.

To further buttress, politely turn down the offer stating your reason(s). Appreciate them for the painstaking process they went through to arrive at the decision to hire you but considering your reason(s), you won't be able to take up the appointment but if they were willing to meet you half way in your salary expectations, you would be happy to join their organization and work to justify their confidence in you.

Considering many private employers in Nigeria see themselves as doing their employees a favour & they're not used to being challenged by a prospective employee, they may feel "threatened" by you & give the job to another candidate; if this is what plays out eventually, don't be disappointed rather, rejoice because you may've just escaped working under a toxic & hostile environment.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by lynx200(m): 1:53pm On Jan 16
Many are saying op should accept the offer since his current job will end soon. But for me, the fact that the company offered half of what you agreed is a red flag to me already. The working environment could be hostile and stifle your career progress.

Communicate this discrepancies to them. If they don't review your salary upwards, forget the job. Desperation doesn't pay anyone on the long run.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by DonnyE(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

Kindly raise you concerns to the HR with regard to the pay. Perhaps they may uplift it. Address it as 'cost of living' is high. Good luck
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Desmondum: 1:59pm On Jan 16
naturefellow:

Employers not agreeing to your terms of employment is a first red flag. Don't begin with them on a wrong foot. Else, it will be a long ride of consistent BS.
I agree with this 100%. The more you go on like that, the more you are taken advantage of.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Yousuph007(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16
Please I need a job 🙏. Anyone around Abuja.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Quebec91(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16
cheesy
GoldenJAT:
Nawa for you Mr Poster! You asked for possible suggestions, you were given very good ones, yet you de counter all!
Do wetin de ur mind then!
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by ayotoluakande: 2:29pm On Jan 16
You will be surprised at the effectiveness of a Very good email.
Compose a detailed and professional email stating affirmatively that you are grateful for the offer however, the remuneration package differs from what was agreed during the interviews. You don't have to explain why you need more money please.
Copy as many people in the company as much as possible. (People are very uncomfortable when they see that their boss is copied in a mail thread, and they will maintain utmost professionalism and do their job)
You can also ask if there are other benefits that equates to the offer but not mentioned.

Ask AI to write a good letter for you, just narrate your situation and request for a professional letter from AI. www.poe.com
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by fyzaila: 2:34pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:

Jsut to chop... Not even to save money at all?

Yes, it's just for the main time before you get another job na.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by winner37(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16
Glory be to God you are free since you don't have girlfriend or married us left for you to stand and make a decision Incase you might have a girlfriend on your new job..
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Emeka71(m): 2:38pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:
I have few hours to respond to the offer..

Is it right if I state my reason of rejection due to salary expectations?

Rubyjade iyatola your expertise will be appreciated
If you are doing any job where you are spending your money on tranport; then that means you are not working.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Matildahenshaw(f): 2:46pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:

Thanks for ur advise... But i still don't think it's wise..

Accepting this might deny me of being available if others show.... Except they can increase the salary... I can't work and not be able to save... I am running a programme that consumes money and time..

I don't want regret
advise is what we ask for when we know what to do but wish wr don't.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Androidking: 3:09pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

I believe u have saved up enough from your old job , so u can survive like a month without work , so use like one month to source for another company or firm or u rather negotiate with the company to increase your money #170k with future increment , please don't accept it , rest of mind is expensive, so don't enter into what will drain u , just to show u are jobless
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by thedarkened: 3:40pm On Jan 16
I know of many people both married and single, who work on the island but stay in the mainland; all they do is to hang around, perhaps within the premises of the organisation for some days, thereby saving themselves the cost of transportation while they return home by Friday (you being single would even make that hassle free as there is no one to complain yet).
Well, it's just a suggestion, if it's something you can cope with, then why not take up the job?

Life is about making sacrifice in order to achieve our set goals and objectives!
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by nams77: 3:41pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:

Thanks for ur advise... But i still don't think it's wise..

Accepting this might deny me of being available if others show.... Except they can increase the salary... I can't work and not be able to save... I am running a programme that consumes money and time..

I don't want regret
You no go chop once this old job expire?
Secondly it gets you busy. An idle mind is ....
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by johnog4sure: 3:54pm On Jan 16
juggle them both for sometime, if it works fine continue
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by emma2002(m): 4:02pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOU CAN USE THE SAMPLE LETTER BELOW:

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

[Employer's Name]
[Employer's Position]
[Company Name]
[Company Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]

Dear [Employer's Name],

I hope this letter finds you well. I would like to express my gratitude for the opportunity to interview for the position at [Company Name]. I was thrilled to learn more about the company's vision, values, and the exciting projects that lie ahead.

During the interview, I gained a deeper understanding of the role and the responsibilities it entails. I am confident that my skills, experience, and enthusiasm make me an excellent fit for the position. I was particularly impressed by the company's commitment to excellence and its dedication to fostering a dynamic and collaborative work environment.

After careful consideration, I would like to discuss the possibility of a salary adjustment. Based on my experience, qualifications, and the responsibilities outlined in the job description, I believe an adjustment from the initial offer of NGN100,000 to NGN150,000 per month would be fair and reasonable.

Allow me to present a few key points to support my request:

1. Relevant Experience: With [number] years of experience in [relevant field], I have acquired a comprehensive skill set that aligns well with the requirements of the position. My experience in [mention specific skills or achievements] has equipped me with the expertise needed to excel in this role.

2. Value Creation: Throughout my career, I have consistently demonstrated my ability to deliver outstanding results and contribute to the growth and success of previous organizations. I am confident that my contributions at [Company Name] will be no exception. By leveraging my skills and experience, I believe I can make a significant impact on the company's objectives and bottom line.

3. Market Conditions: I have conducted research on the current market conditions for professionals in similar roles, and the average salary range falls around NGN150,000 per month. I believe that bringing my salary in line with industry standards will not only reward my expertise but also demonstrate the company's commitment to attracting and retaining top talent.

I understand that salary decisions are based on various factors, including budget constraints and internal equity. However, I believe that an adjustment to NGN150,000 per month is justified considering the value I can bring to [Company Name] and my alignment with the goals and vision of the organization.

I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss this matter further and provide any additional information that may assist in reaching a favorable resolution. I am excited about the possibility of joining [Company Name] and contributing to its continued success.

Thank you for your time, consideration, and the opportunity to interview for this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Florblu(f): 4:26pm On Jan 16
[quote author=Joboffer24 post=127957410]Hello Nairalanders,

Please advise me before I reject this offer [/quote

Don’t reject the offer yet. Call the HR or whoever that what is on the letter is different from your expectation and you will like the organization to reconsider. Their response to that will determine if they are willing to pay more or not
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by carzeem1: 4:31pm On Jan 16
Reject the offer on the grounds that salary was below agreed amount during interview. 100k for going to island 5 days a week for someone in finance is not worth your time.
Keep applying, building networks and praying
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Karlifate: 5:40pm On Jan 16
You better reject the offer.

People saying "accept it blabalabla..." up there, won't share in your misery & frustration when it starts.

Abi no be Lagos again grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Nairalanders Is Aiico Insurance Real?? / Live Update Nnpc Test 26th March 2011 / UPDATED-New Job Vacancies,check And Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.