Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds (344 Views)

Israeli Snipers Kill 37 Palestinians, Wound 1,300 Over US Embassy Opening / Turkey Vs Kurds / US Urges Kurds To Call Off Independence Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 1:17pm On Jan 17
The Kurds are the most victimized people in the Middle East. Genocidal attacks have been committed against them by Syria, Iraq, and Turkey. The worst chemical attack in history was carried out against them, yet the UN and international community find it convenient to ignore their suffering.
Also, the pro-Hamas wing of Nairaland never discusses this. Is it because the Jews are not involved here?
The hypocrisy here is simply legendary. Just so you know, these are also Muslims but so long they are being persecuted by their fellow Muslims, it is ok.
I can bet that this is the first thread on Nairaland dedicated to their plight.
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by happney65: 1:47pm On Jan 17
tctrills:
The Kurds are the most victimized people in the Middle East. Genocidal attacks have been committed against them by Syria, Iraq, and Turkey. The worst chemical attack in history was carried out against them, yet the UN and international community find it convenient to ignore their suffering.
Also, the pro-Hamas wing of Nairaland never discusses this. Is it because the Jews are not involved here?
The hypocrisy here is simply legendary. Just so you know, these are also Muslims but so long they are being persecuted by their fellow Muslims, it is ok.

Do they know the Kurds? Nobody does. They have been persecuted more than anybody in the middle East

I got to know them when the west was fighting to uproot Isil in Iraq. A resolute group of people who have seen persecution and War through the years but don't Whyne like the Palestinians

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 1:56pm On Jan 17
happney65:

Do they know the Kurds? Nobody does. They have been persecuted more than anybody in the middle East

I got to know them when the west was fighting to uproot Isil in Iraq. A resolute group of people who have seen persecution and War through the years but don't Whyne like the Palestinians
Why are Muslims and Arabs not talking about them? Why is Nairaland silent?

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 4:52pm On Jan 17
All the Kurds want is independence yet they have no support from the Niaraland Pro-Hamas dudes
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by Rolings: 6:11pm On Jan 17
tctrills:

Actually there are many Palestine all over the world. The world would act based on how much noise and lobbying those affected could make .
Rohigyars in myanmar
Kashmir
Kurds
Armenians
Palestinians
Uighurs
Western Sahara

UN can act on Palestine because it created Israel in Palestine.
It gave the British the mandate to rule Palestine and the British gave it to Israel. UNs oldes relief agency is in Palestine.... UNRWA

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 6:27pm On Jan 17
Rolings:

Actually there are many Palestine all over the world. The world would act based on how much noise and lobbying those affected could make .
Rohigyars in myanmar
Kashmir
Kurds
Armenians
Palestinians
Uighurs
Western Sahara

UN can act on Palestine because it created Israel in Palestine.
It gave the British the mandate to rule Palestine and the British gave it to Israel. UNs oldes relief agency is in Palestine.... UNRWA
I agree with some of what you said but you got the facts wrong at the end. The UN did not give the land to the British, it was the British that handed over the land to the UN. The British took the land from the Ottoman Empire after WW1.
The UN then decided to create 2 nations out of the land but the Arabs went to war.
And yes, you are right, many people are being unfairly treated so we should not only make noise for those who lobby.
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by Rolings: 6:38pm On Jan 17
tctrills:

I agree with some of what you said but you got the facts wrong at the end. The UN did not give the land to the British, it was the British that handed over the land to the UN. The British took the land from the Ottoman Empire after WW1.
The UN then decided to create 2 nations out of the land but the Arabs went to war.
And yes, you are right, many people are being unfairly treated so we should not only make noise for those who lobby.

You mix it up.
That's why it was called the British mandate for Palestine. The predecessor to UN, the league of nations gave it to the British and Syria and other parts to France .
Lord Balfour declaration is seen in some quarters as an anti semitic act because it was a solution to the Jewish problems of Europe....

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 6:46pm On Jan 17
Rolings:

You mix it up.
That's why it was called the British mandate for Palestine. The predecessor to UN, the league of nations gave it to the British and Syria and other parts to France .
Lord Balfour declaration is seen in some quarters as an anti semitic act because it was a solution to the Jewish problems of Europe....
First, there was nothing like the UN at the time of the British mandate. (1918-1948). The Britain conquered Palestine at the end of 1917
Don't worry let me send you some links.
[url]https://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/british_mandate_for_palestine#:~:text=The%20British%20Mandate%20for%20Palestine,that%20emerged%20after%20the%20war[/url]

The British ask the UN to decide on Palestine.
The United Nations took up the question of Palestine in February 1947, on the request of Great Britain, the Mandatory Power which had governed Palestine since 1917, first as an occupying Power and then under a mandate from the League of Nations in 1922.
[url]https://www.un.org/unispal/history2/origins-and-evolution-of-the-palestine-problem/part-ii-1947-1977/#:~:text=The%20United%20Nations%20took%20up,League%20of%20Nations%20in%201922[/url].
I hope these explains it better.
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by Rolings: 6:52pm On Jan 17
tctrills:

First, there was nothing like the UN at the time of the British mandate. (1918-1948).

The league of nations did. It changed name in 1945 to UN
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 6:54pm On Jan 17
Rolings:

The league of nations did. It changed name in 1945 to UN
The league of nations was born in 1920. The land of Palestine was under British control since 1917.
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by Rolings: 6:59pm On Jan 17
tctrills:

Why are Muslims and Arabs not talking about them? Why is Nairaland silent?

You are now
That should do
Abi is there anything to gain by taking or not talking about them
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 7:11pm On Jan 17
Rolings:

You are now
That should do
Abi is there anything to gain by taking or not talking about them
Let's ask those talking about Palestine if there is any gain. I am only pointing to global hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 9:16am On Jan 20
It's time to end the hypocrisy. The Palestinians have become the global symbol of suffering when in truth, there are many people in much worse positions and situations.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by Newton2024: 2:29pm On Jan 21
tctrills:
The bolded is the answer. Muslims but not Jews are free to kill fellow muslims in thousands.
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by panafrican(m): 3:17pm On Jan 21
tctrills:

I was banned from a facebook forum not long ago for having praised "comrade Ocalan , a fighter, an upright patriot and a hero".
The Turkish government is working hard to portray the kurds as terrorists when the latter are dying by the hundreds in mountains
under cold weather for years.
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by panafrican(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21
tctrills:

We Pan-Africanist Revolutionists are backing the struggle of the Turkish people and its party the {KK.
We see the PKK as a patriotic political party , not as a terrorist group.
For years, on several forums on social media , including Nairaland , we have been asking for the release of comrade
Ocalan. He is a patriot and a hero,
Read the attached screenshots below and see the link https://www.nairaland.com/5469405/free-comrade-ocalan-leader-pkk

BTW: I'm not a Muslim, I'm a Pan-Africanist and a conservative catholic.

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 3:48pm On Jan 21
panafrican:

We Pan-Africanist Revolutionists are backing the struggle of the Turkish people and its party the {KK.
We see the PKK as a patriotic political party , not as a terrorist group.
For years, on several forums on social media , including Nairaland , we have been asking for the release of comrade
Ocalan. He is a patriot and a hero,
Read the attached screenshots below and see the link https://www.nairaland.com/5469405/free-comrade-ocalan-leader-pkk

BTW: I'm not a Muslim, I'm a Pan-Africanist and a conservative catholic.
But their Muslim brothers never talk about them.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 3:49pm On Jan 21
panafrican:

I was banned from a facebook forum not long ago for having praised "comrade Ocalan , a fighter, an upright patriot and a hero".
The Turkish government is working hard to portray the kurds as terrorists when the latter are dying by the hundreds in mountains
under cold weather for years.
It's funny that we are not getting UN resolutions against Turkey
Re: Everyone Is Talking About The Palestinians But Not The Kurds by tctrills: 3:50pm On Jan 21
Newton2024:
The bolded is the answer. Muslims but not Jews are free to kill fellow muslims in thousands.
Too bad. The moral hypocrisy smells yet no one seems to care

(1) (Reply)

Joe Biden On Clinton Cabinet List , Sources Say / TRUMP IS WINNING!!!! / Today Is Another 9/11 In Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.