Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

What If God Calls You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If God Calls You? (1202 Views)

[b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] / What Do You Think God Calls You? / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If God Calls You? by Grizzly(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2006
You have just graduated from the university, and gotten a very lucrative job in one multi-billion naira company, and the next thing, while in one of your prayer moods, God speaks to you and tells u to abandon everything, take up the cross as a preacher. what will u do actually this question scares me, and i dont know why?? undecided
Re: What If God Calls You? by queen2(f): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2006
God cant do evil. grin, he cant tell me to leave the job i have for living, if he calls me, i will answer, i will preach and do my job, ofcourse pastors does work, isbnt it.
Re: What If God Calls You? by Grizzly(m): 1:27am On Mar 11, 2006
Oh yeah? like its easy.
Re: What If God Calls You? by babymine(f): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2006
Of course I'll answer! I have no other option oh! If God calls you have to answer Him cos if you dnt nothing else will work out for you. Take Jonah as an example. Read the book of Jonah, you'll understand better! No try God oh! He's just too much. grin
Re: What If God Calls You? by pearl2(m): 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2006
I'll answer. smiley
Re: What If God Calls You? by TYPOP(m): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2006
It reminds me of "Agbara Nla". Sorry non Nigerian residents. That is a movie.
I'll answer.
I think He'd have told you before anyway so you should have been preparing for the time to set out. He is not a bad God you know. He calls, I answer. He might even want me to be a part - time minister.
Re: What If God Calls You? by Oracle(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2006
Considering the lucrativeness of the job i would really ask myself if the voice i claim to have heard was really God's own.
I mean itz really difficult to do, afterall you could be working and still serve God

Re: What If God Calls You? by CrazyMan(m): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2006
If God calls me, i'll leave everything and follow him.
he's God and he know's what's best for me
Re: What If God Calls You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2006
@crazykid

exactly smiley
Re: What If God Calls You? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2006
Of course I'll answer! I have no other option oh! If God calls you have to answer Him because if you dnt nothing else will work out for you. Take Jonah as an example. Read the book of Jonah, you'll understand better! No try God oh! He's just too much.

true talk.did the same but it was like i was running and still on one spot, moving nowhere.He was all d while having fun, watching me run.after the stress and the pain, i am back to Him.Belive me, its best you go to Him now than suffer a whole lot and realize you've been hurting yourself for nothing.believe me running from Him causes heartache,confusion and pain.who knows, you might lose the job even befor eyou get it or at the climax of your enjoyment?/
Re: What If God Calls You? by GL(f): 12:58am On Dec 28, 2006
i used to be very bothered about this before but i guess if God calls me He would see to it that all my needs are taken care of. i believe i would answer if God called me to be a pastor tho it wouldnt be an easy decision at all.
Re: What If God Calls You? by chronicles(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2007
Well, i would accept the responsibility and carry it and have it at the back of my mind that its all about him.

(1) (Reply)

The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! / Know Your Witchcraft Status Today! / Seven Year Barrenned Woman Got Pregnant Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.