Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! (1201 Views)

Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by huxley(m): 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2008
Awesome explanatory power of the Theory Of Evolution is given in these videos;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFG-aLidT8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbpL83oJNo&feature=related

I can foresee the day when such knowledge would be put to use to relieve some of the many ailments that afflict us. Hooray, hooray, hooray!

Enjoy!
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 19, 2008
Would you explain how evolution created the Human Ability to communicate, and in divers language
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2008
Read about 9 great 'Proofs' of Evolution: and how they are all false!
http://www.creationworldview.org/articles_view.asp?id=53
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2008
Watch a short presentation from an ex evolution scientist.
http://www.creationworldview.org/sample.asp
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by huxley(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Watch a short presentation from an ex evolution scientist.
http://www.creationworldview.org/sample.asp

I had a look at this site and found it is all rubbish. Why do you think this would be useful?

Why are there no scientifically reference publications on the site refuting evolution. Even the leading scientific proponent of Intelligent Design (ID) (Michael Behe) acception evolution as the explanation for the diversity of life. This is a theist who has examined the evidence and is convinced of the arguments. Other notable theist who accept evolution are;

Kenneth Miller
Francis Collins
The Vatican
Daniel J. Fairbanks

and many others
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2008
Can evolution explain the origin of thought? consciousness? emotions?
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by KAG: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2008
babaearly:

Would you explain how evolution created the Human Ability to communicate, and in divers language

A start courtesy of the google monster: http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~rkopp/collegepapers/chimps.html

imhotep:

Can evolution explain the origin of thought? consciousness? emotions?

Yes. smiley
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2008
huxley:

Why are there no scientifically reference publications on the site refuting evolution. Even the leading scientific proponent of Intelligent Design (ID) (Michael Behe) acception evolution as the explanation for the diversity of life. This is a theist who has examined the evidence and is convinced of the arguments. Other notable theist who accept evolution are;

Kenneth Miller
Francis Collins
The Vatican
Daniel J. Fairbanks

and many others

Really?, read about the quotes from your fellow evolutionists, and see who is fooling who?
http://www.anointed-one.net/quotes.html

And from a former evolution scientist who was licensed to teach the evolution myth before he saw the light.
http://www.creationworldview.org/articles_view.asp?id=53

Another former evolution scientist who changed and became a biblical creationist scientist.
http://www.icr.org/article/95/313/
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2008
huxley:

I had a look at this site and found it is all rubbish. Why do you think this would be useful?

Kenneth Miller
Francis Collins
The Vatican
Daniel J. Fairbanks

and many others

You can keep on naming names, and we also name NAMES. Theres nothing intellectual in what uve done so far.Just crappy refrences.

KAG:

A start courtesy of the google monster: http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~rkopp/collegepapers/chimps.html

Yes. smiley

Ah the internet is no man's land. I bet i could get a thousand thousand's more links proving evolution true but they are all inventions. have you ever wondered how man could be so intelligent to invent this evolutionary sh**.? how did he get that intelligence? was it from a mutation? hell no mutants are imperfect scums. natural selection?, explain how chimps transformed to became caucasian,negro,asian, red skins,
Have you ever studied the human cell. the minute one. And wondered how it operates? wow. have you taken alook at the seas,the expanse, the beauty,the millions of different species it contains? do you all believe in the BIG BANG too?
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2008
I keep wondering why Evolution keeps re-appearing in the Religion section of this website.

Yet, evolutionists argue [blindly] that evolution is NOT A RELIGION.
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by huxley(m): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2008
babaearly:

You can keep on naming names, and we also name NAMES. Theres nothing intellectual in what uve done so far.Just crappy refrences.

I agree, arguments from authority have their limits. The aim of the list of names is that expert opinion amongst theistic scientist is in favour of evolution.

There are virtually no scientist who reject evolution on scientific reason. There are many who reject it on their religious leanings or on their inability to understand the evidence (called an arguments from personal incredulity).

My challenge to you is this - can you name any credible scientific study that refutes the theory of evolution?
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2008
Now lets examine DESIGN in Birds communication

Birds possess amazing abilities. they perform aerial maneuvers that are the eny of aircraft designers. some species navigate thousands of kilometres of featureless ocean and arrive at their destination.
Another outstanding talent of Birds-one that further reveals the wisdom of their Maker-is the ability to communicate by means of calls and songs. Consider some examples:

Bird Talk
Some Species of birds start to communicate even before they are hatched. A Female quail, for instance, lays up to eight eggs, at the rate of one egg a day. If all the eggs developed at uniform rate, they would hatch over an eight-day period. The mother would then face the difficult task of keeping track of active, week-old chicks while still incubating an unhatched egg. Instead, a clutch of eight quail chicks will all break out of their shells within a six-hour period.
How is that possible?
A key reason, researchers have suggessted, is that quail embryos communicate with one another from inside the eggs and somehow orchestrate the almost simultaneous hatch.
When birds mature, it is usually the male of the species that sings. He does so particularly during mating season to mark his territory or to attract a mate. Each of the thousands of species of birds has its own language, so to speak, and this helps the females identify mates of their own species.
Birds sing mainly in the early morning and at sunset, and for good reason. There is less wind and background noise at those times. Researchers have discovered that the songs of birds carry up to 20 times better in the morning and in the evening than they do in the middle of the day.
              While Males are most often the singers, both males and females utter a variety of calls, or short bursts of sound, that have distinct meanings. Chaffinches, for instance, have a vocabulary of nine different calls. They utter one type of call to warn of a threat from the air-such as a patrolling bird of prey-but emit a different call to warn of a threat approaching from the ground.

Written from The Watchtower May 1 2008
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2008
huxley:

I agree, arguments from authority have their limits. The aim of the list of names is that expert opinion amongst theistic scientist is in favour of evolution.

There are virtually no scientist who reject evolution on scientific reason. There are many who reject it on their religious leanings or on their inability to understand the evidence (called an arguments from personal incredulity).

My challenge to you is this - can you name any credible scientific study that refutes the theory of evolution?

Even Darwin, they all looked up to was puzzled about the mysterious abilities of humans, then he invented the Natural Selection, god of the gaps.
huxley:

Ok .
There are however those who feel that accepting the position that there is evidence of a Creator would "stifle research". An article in the Magazine the New Scientist expressed such fears, asserting that "science as an openended pursuit would come to an end, halted by an impenetrable barrier labelled 'the designer did it'. "Is that fear well-founded? Not at all. In fact, the opposite is true. Why?
To accept blind chance and subsequent evolution as the cause of our universe and life on earth would actually be to abandon any attempt to get a meaningful explanation. On the other hand, accepting that an intelligent Creator is behind what we see around us can lead us to investigate the nature and application of his intelligence manifested in the physical universe. Consider this: Knowing that Leonardo da Vinci painted the "Mona Lisa" has not stopped art historins from investigating his technique and the materials he used. Similarly, accepting that there is a Designer should not discourage us from inquiring into the details and complexity of his designs and creations.

Rather than stiffling further research, the Bible encourages the search for answers to both scientific and spiritual questions. Acient King David reflected on the physical make up of his masterfully formed body. As a result , he said:" In a fear-inspiring way i am wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, as my soul is very well aware."(Psalm 139:14) In fact, the Bible presents the Creator as asking the patraich Job:"Have you intelligently considered the broad spaces of the earth?" (Job 38:18)
That certainly does not suggest any stiffling of inquiry and investigation. On the contrary, the Master Designer here invited a study of his handiwqork. Consider, too, the invitation penned by the prophet Isaiah that directs us to increase our understanding of the One responsible for the creation around us: "Raise your eyes high up and see. Who has created these things?".Indeed, Isaiah 40:26 then brings up a fact consistent with Einstein's well known formula E=mc2. That fact is the universe was produced by a source of dynamic energy and power

Written from The Watchtower August 15, 2007
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2008
The Instinctive wisdom of birds is certainly impressive. But when it comes to communication skills, humans are much more impressive. God has made humans "wiser than even the flying creatures of the heavens" says Job 35:11. Unique to humans is the ability to convey abstract, complex thoughts and ideas through sounds produced by the vocal chords or by gestures.
Unlike any other creatures, human babies seem to be programmed to learn complex languages. The online journal American Scientist says " Toddlers manage to acquire language even when their parents dont talk to them directly;deaf children will go so far as to invent their own sign languages if they are not exposed to sign at home."

The Ability to communicate our thoughts and emotions through speech or signs is truly a wonderful gift from God.

Watchtower May 1 2008
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by huxley(m): 10:17pm On Jun 20, 2008
babaearly:

The Instinctive wisdom of birds is certainly impressive. But when it comes to communication skills, humans are much more impressive. God has made humans "wiser than even the flying creatures of the heavens" says Job 35:11. Unique to humans is the ability to convey abstract, complex thoughts and ideas through sounds produced by the vocal chords or by gestures.
Unlike any other creatures, human babies seem to be programmed to learn complex languages. The online journal American Scientist says " Toddlers manage to acquire language even when their parents don't talk to them directly;deaf children will go so far as to invent their own sign languages if they are not exposed to sign at home."

The Ability to communicate our thoughts and emotions through speech or signs is truly a wonderful gift from God.

Watchtower May 1 2008

Why are you posting these rubbish? Is this what you would call "scientific evidence"? Do you realise how disruptable Watchtower is?
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by KAG: 2:49am On Jun 21, 2008
babaearly:

Ah the internet is no man's land. I bet i could get a thousand thousand's more links proving evolution true but they are all inventions.

I take it you didn't bother clicking on the link, let alone read it, yes? Anyway, not inventions.

have you ever wondered how man could be so intelligent to invent this evolutionary sh**.? how did he get that intelligence? was it from a mutation? hell no mutants are imperfect scums. natural selection?, explain how chimps transformed to became caucasian,negro,asian, red skins,

Humyns didn't invent evolution; however, we have studied the processes and the theory of evolution is currently the best explanation for the origins and diversity of species.

Mutations and selection can certainly influence the occurence and increase of intelligence.

Chimps did not transform ino humyns. Instead, humyns and chimps share a common ancestry.

Have you ever studied the human cell. the minute one. And wondered how it operates? wow. have you taken alook at the seas,the expanse, the beauty,the millions of different species it contains?

To some extent, yes, I have studied on the human cell and understand some aspects of how it operates. Yes, I'm aware of several of the many different species that reside in seas; they, too, evolved.

do you all believe in the BIG BANG too?

I accept the Big Bang theory as currently the best model that explains the early moments of the Universe.

imhotep:

I keep wondering why Evolution keeps re-appearing in the Religion section of this website.

Yet, evolutionists argue [blindly] that evolution is NOT A RELIGION.

It's not that difficult to decipher. For the most part, the people that argue against and misrepresent the theory of evolution are religious and argue from a religious angle.
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 21, 2008
huxley:

Why are you posting these rubbish? Is this what you would call "scientific evidence"? Do you realise how disruptable Watchtower is?

You wanted us to believe you by mentioning numerous scientific names, as if we should have faith in them, Are they all reputable? why do scientists have different issues relating to creation and even differ in the false evolutionary theory.
I dont know how disreputable Watchtower is . I know they provide the truth that perfectly counters out ur dirty evolutionary story.
KAG:

Anyway, not inventions.

but do you really think evolution can lay its foundation on only fossils? is it sensible?

KAG:

Humyns didn't invent evolution; however, we have studied the processes and the theory of evolution is currently the best explanation for the origins and diversity of species.

Mutations and selection can certainly influence the occurence and increase of intelligence.

Chimps did not transform ino humyns. Instead, humyns and chimps share a common ancestry.

To some extent, yes, I have studied on the human cell and understand some aspects of how it operates. Yes, I'm aware of several of the many different species that reside in seas; they, too, evolved.

I accept the Big Bang theory as currently the best model that explains the early moments of the Universe.

Evolved from where? and how come?
Its great i'll open a thread where we trash out these issues once and for all maybe make some converts. wink

I guess we should explain our arguments with details
Re: The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! by KAG: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2008
babaearly:

but do you really think evolution can lay its foundation on only fossils? is it sensible?

Lay its foundation on only fossils? No. Which is why, amongst other independent lines of evidence, genetics and morphology constitute some as yet unfalsified foundations for the theory of evolution.

Evolved from where? and how come?

What evolved from where? That is, to which species are you referring?

Its great i'll open a thread where we trash out these issues once and for all maybe make some converts. wink

I guess we should explain our arguments with details

Feel free.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Convention / No More Prophecy Outside The Bible! / Your Divine Destiny Starts In Christ- Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.