Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Please I Need Information On Ebay - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please I Need Information On Ebay (892 Views)

Need Information On Setting Up A Standard All-in-one Printing Press / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? / On Ebay: How to Prevent a Scammer From Bidding On My Auction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Information On Ebay by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 06, 2011
I want to purchase some refurbished laptops from ebay. i just want to know if ebay is genuine. Also, I would to know if i can use my GTB mastercard to make my payment after purchase.
Re: Please I Need Information On Ebay by buzor(m): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2011
i can be of help to u considering d fact that i ve used ebay to purchase laptops for a yr now. u need to know d following
1. u ve determine if the marketter is genuine(to avoid scam)
2. u need A third part online payment provider and shipping agents since nig. re not allowed on ebay,
Re: Please I Need Information On Ebay by buzor(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2011
, need more info, call me 08035338123.
goodluck,
Re: Please I Need Information On Ebay by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 06, 2011
Whatever you do, please be careful, cos e-bay also has its share of scammers; not the Naija type that do their own koro-koro. Many sell fake items; some won't declare fully what's wrong with item, until you buy and find out yourself.

From my experience on buying on e-bay, you need to take out time to study about the product you are interested in. Compare reviews, prices, learn to detect genuine sellers from 'one chance' sellers. I've seen a lot of China products on e-bay UK which you find exactly same here in terms of quality. Yet at higher price.

So, please don't be too quick to start.

You need a third party based abroad to help you transact your business on e-bay as Nigeria is on their black list.
Re: Please I Need Information On Ebay by Dankudi: 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
It is hard to get scammed on ebay due to its buyer protection policies. I have traded on ebay for 4 years and have come to realise that ebay is a buyers market. This makes it very hard for sellers to scam you.

Each seller has a rating and stars to that effect, check the rating of the seller you are interested in and feedback from their customers. When you are not satisfied with your goods you can mess up the sellers rating.

Sellers with 100% positive feedback with sales of more than 100 items usually guard their ratings jealously.

New sellers with no sale, no rating yet or feedback maybe genuine but also pose a very little risk(ebay will still refund your money back anyway)

There are fake goods in every market in the world. In ebay you can request for a full refund of your funds if you believe the goods are fake and if the seller refuses, you open a case against him and will get a full refund plus shipping charges from ebay in a few days, if the seller agrees, you only get the cost of the items back. They normally suggest you both resolve this yourselves within these days and if nothing is forthcoming, they make their decision (99.9% of the time in favour of the buyer)

However ebay sellers would not deliver to Nigeria so you require an online payments brokerage such as www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk
Re: Please I Need Information On Ebay by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 07, 2011
@ all thank you for the info.
Re: Please I Need Information On Ebay by LagBlogger(m): 3:24am On Nov 07, 2011
Of course ebay is genuine check out this thread for more ideas on ebay
Re: Please I Need Information On Ebay by lukasz: 11:40am On Apr 18, 2013
Dankudi: It is hard to get scammed on ebay due to its buyer protection policies. I have traded on ebay for 4 years and have come to realise that ebay is a buyers market. This makes it very hard for sellers to scam you.

Each seller has a rating and stars to that effect, check the rating of the seller you are interested in and feedback from their customers. When you are not satisfied with your goods you can mess up the sellers rating.

Sellers with 100% positive feedback with sales of more than 100 items usually guard their ratings jealously.

New sellers with no sale, no rating yet or feedback maybe genuine but also pose a very little risk(ebay will still refund your money back anyway)

There are fake goods in every market in the world. In ebay you can request for a full refund of your funds if you believe the goods are fake and if the seller refuses, you open a case against him and will get a full refund plus shipping charges from ebay in a few days, if the seller agrees, you only get the cost of the items back. They normally suggest you both resolve this yourselves within these days and if nothing is forthcoming, they make their decision (99.9% of the time in favour of the buyer)

However ebay sellers would not deliver to Nigeria so you require an online payments brokerage such as www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk

Hey Dankudi,

I have not meet anyone who every successfully bought from ebay and got delivery to Lagos. How do you do it?

Do you know any other websites that have great prices on electonics. I always check Kaymu and google trader.

Please give me your advise! Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Business That Can Give You Returns Within 5days: Start Up Capital 500k / Designer Shoes / Egg Hatchery Business;pls I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.