Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Succor For Less-privileged In Nigerian As GEO Foundation Is Launched - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Succor For Less-privileged In Nigerian As GEO Foundation Is Launched (83 Views)

Anambra Man Shares Money And Food To Less Privileged In Thailand / Chief Ndubuisi Nzenweofor Foundation Gives Hope To Widows & Less Privileged (Pix / #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Succor For Less-privileged In Nigerian As GEO Foundation Is Launched by okrote4real: 3:31pm On Jan 20
BY ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM, ABUJA

Mr. Ozil Moses (Mr. GEO), the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the GEO Empathy Foundation has stated that the unveiling of the humanitarian foundation today is all about ensuring that people across the FCT, Nigeria, doesn’t go home hungry.
Addressing journalists during the foundation's unveiling in Abuja on Friday January 19, 2024 at Hanan Plaza Wuse 2, Ozil emphasized that the primary objective is to focus on people in the streets.

"I have nurtured this idea since my university days, and upon coming to Abuja and meeting Amb. Kingsley Amafibe, I felt it was good to use the vast experience I’ve garnered over the years to come to limelight. His assistance in various ways has enlightened me, reinforcing my belief that there is nothing in life that I cannot achieve. Today, we are here, “he added.

Speaking about the rationale behind the foundation, he explained that he grew up without access to good healthcare, standard education, and lacked direction in life.
"Sincerely, at some point in my life, I was lost and found myself in gambling. I want to use this platform to sensitise children who find themselves heading in that direction."

Providing a breakdown of the foundation's activities, Ozil stated, "For the first quarter of the year, our focus will be on ensuring as many people as possible do not go to bed hungry, especially in the rural areas of Abuja.

"We also intend to financially assist small businesses. The second quarter will involve scouting for talents across area councils, hosting a stakeholders’ conference, and connecting these young people with supportive individuals.

"The third quarter will be health-focused, with medical outreaches covering malaria and eye-related challenges. The last quarter will feature our back-to-school program, targeting public and low-fee private schools, providing essentials for students.

"This is a cause that you should support and a seed that you should water. Your support, be it a pair of school shoes or basic supplies, will go a long way.

Ozil noted that the program would be consistent, with efforts to reach as many people as possible. "Today might be 50, and the next day might be 200; it depends on the support we receive from the general public."

Amb. Kingsley Amafibe, Founder of Peace Ambassador Agency Worldwide, emphasized the urgency of the Geo Empathy Foundation in addressing hunger and insecurity was necessary.

He called on the federal government and non-governmental organizations to partner with the foundation, emphasizing its trustworthiness in bringing relief to suffering citizens.

Mariam Covenant Onuwa, the foundation's Co-founder, highlighted their commitment to providing free medical care, including screenings for HIV and eye care clinics, for vulnerable children whose parents cannot afford medical bills. She expressed their dedication to addressing this critical area.
Also Dr. Moses Paul, (Dr Mo) who’s the founder of Free Nigeria urges NGOs, government and international organizations to partner with GEO empathy foundation just as he puts it, “this is a foundation that can be trusted to bring succor to ailing and suffering citizens of Nigeria. we can see from the antecedent what the founder and other collaborators have been doing, ‘he added.

Some notable people at the conference were Rotimi Ramalan Buhari, (CEO RNR Clothing), Mrs Ngozi Nwachukwu (CEO D'Perfectaz), Ashley Yusuf and others.

https://elanzanews.ng/succor-for-less-privileged-in-nigerian-as-geo-foundation-is-launched/

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fears As DSS Arrests Miyetti Allah’s President, Reason, Details Emerge / Foon Chaser Express Limited / Essential Tips For Maximizing Appliance Longevity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.