Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

What Wives Can Do For Husbands Who Have Lost Their Jobs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Wives Can Do For Husbands Who Have Lost Their Jobs (770 Views)

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. / Husbands Who Beat Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Wives Can Do For Husbands Who Have Lost Their Jobs by PatOgidi1: 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
Questions similar to this come often these days, “My husband has been ‘downsized’
and now he mostly lies around the house doing nothing. Every time I ask him if he sent
out more resumes or looked for a job, he gets angry and we wind up in a fight.

What can I do to help him?”

http://talkaboutladies.com/what-wives-can-do-for-husbands-who-have-lost-their-jobs
Re: What Wives Can Do For Husbands Who Have Lost Their Jobs by seun0622(m): 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
Pat.Ogidi:

Questions similar to this come often these days, “My husband has been ‘downsized’
and now he mostly lies around the house doing nothing. Every time I ask him if he sent
out more resumes or looked for a job, he gets angry and we wind up in a fight.

What can I do to help him?”

http://talkaboutladies.com/what-wives-can-do-for-husbands-who-have-lost-their-jobs

@ poster

So many ladies do not realise that the most important thing to a man is his EGO (That is just the way God has created him) . Nothing deflates the Ego of a married Man than realizing the fact that he might not be able to perform his basic duty(ies) of providing for his family as he has always been able to do before. This is exactly the case with your husband.
The bolded part of your statement could mean two things:
1. You might be asking him in a way that reminds him of how he can no longer provide for the family, I guess this is why you end up quarreling.
2. You might also be genuinely interested in ensuring he gets another job.

The very first thing to do in such a situation is to Encourage and support him wherever and however possible.
Secondly, offer to assist him, not just by asking him where he has submitted his CV but by making copies of his CV and offering to help submit them wherever you can also.
Lastly, You are his helper, this is when he needs your help most, When you help , never try to rub it in his face. (Some wives/ladies do that and a lot of men know this) either through your words or actions.

Kind regards.

(1) (Reply)

Boys Vs. Girls: Who's Harder To Raise / Video Of The Worlds Biggest Hip / Now My Rent Is Due And Am Yet To Find A Decent House Having Told Of My Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.