Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Now My Rent Is Due And Am Yet To Find A Decent House Having Told Of My Living - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Now My Rent Is Due And Am Yet To Find A Decent House Having Told Of My Living (770 Views)

Telemundo Made My Room My Living Room / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / A New And Decent House For Rent In Port Harcourt. View Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Now My Rent Is Due And Am Yet To Find A Decent House Having Told Of My Living by yinkaoke(f): 4:48pm On May 01, 2013
YOUR ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED
I informed my landlord a month be the expiration of my rent that I am moving out of his house, now the rent is expired and am yet to get a good apartment, my Land lord said she’s only given me a week, but am so sure that even if I get a house within a week, can I renovate it within a week, pls I want to know my right as an outgoing tenant, how many weeks or month am I entitle to as an outgoing tenant, pls lawyer in the house help me.
Re: Now My Rent Is Due And Am Yet To Find A Decent House Having Told Of My Living by nikkyshyne(f): 5:34pm On May 01, 2013
In the real sense you are not entitled to any free weeks or months. Only if you have a good relationship with your landlord.

You told him you won't be renewing your tenancy at expiration which only implies there would be a close of contract at expiration. However, you are still in possession which means a breach of your contract(though orally).

You would be expected to pay a 'mesne rent' to the landlord which means an amount payable during the period you owe him over. The rent shall be pro-rated per month.
Re: Now My Rent Is Due And Am Yet To Find A Decent House Having Told Of My Living by i1: 3:10am On May 04, 2013
It depends on the nature of your tenancy but the minimum is one week(if you are a tenant at will).
When you spoke to your landlord, did you sign any undertaking? If no: you are entitled to your Notice to quit and Your Notice of owner's intention to recover possesion.
Meanwhile find house sharply

(1) (Reply)

Problem Shared Half Solved / A Nairalander's Birthday Message To His Father @ 53 (1st Oct, 1960) / Haaa, Pastor's Son Says Miracles Are Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.