Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano (6013 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Grandma For Drugs, Recovers South Africa-bound Opioid Pills / NDLEA Intercepts 1.7million Opioid Pills In Noodles, Others At Lagos Airport / NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Crystal Meth In Heads Of Smoked Fish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by chisomkachy: 2:23pm On Jan 21
Arrests actual owner of drug consignment that caused airport fracas in viral video

Operatives of different special units of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have intercepted large consignments of Cocaine and Colorado, a strong strain of cannabis, concealed in containerized household items and vehicles imported from Durban, South Africa and Canada at the Tincan Seaport in Lagos.

Following coordinated intelligence and months of tracking of the containers by three special units of NDLEA, the illicit drugs along with arms, ammunition and sundry military effects were seized during joint examination of the three containers by the Agencyโ€™s officers and their counterparts from Customs Service and other security agencies between Thursday 18th and Friday 19th January 2024. Some of the Agencyโ€™s sniffer dogs were also deployed to help identify locations and bags used in concealing the illicit items.

Some of the items recovered from the containers include: 1, 274 parcels of Cocaine and Colorado with a total weight of 884.09 kilograms; four pistols; 197 rounds of 9mm ammunition, 49 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition, 275 rounds of 5.56mm ammunition, 14 rounds of 9mm ammunition and sundry military personnel effects as well as some chemicals in kegs. With the exception of 32.5kg shipment of Colorado that came in used vehicles from Canada, the rest of the items were found in two of three containers that arrived the Tincan port from Durban, South Africa onboard a vessel marked MSC RESILIENT III and discharged on New Year eve, 31st December 2023. A suspect linked to one of the containers, UACU 5348336, bearing the 32.5kg Colorado, 41-year-old Akara Chibugo has already been tracked and arrested by NDLEA operatives.

Two vigilant freight agents and a traveler escaped being roped into two drug trafficking operations by desperate traffickers at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA Ikeja Lagos. The two agents were contacted to send a consignment of 1kg cannabis concealed in tins of Milo beverage to Turkey but chose to submit the shipment to NDLEA checks before processing the cargo. The psychoactive substance was later discovered to be hidden inside the shipment.

In the same vein, NDLEA operatives on Friday 19th January arrested one Okosun Paul Punitt, the consignee of a consignment of tramadol concealed in a bottle of dietary supplements, which a staff of Pathfinder International Ltd, Ajuzieogu Mac-Elvis Ugochukwu attempted sending through an intending passenger on Ibom Air to Accra, Ghana at the Lagos airport on Tuesday 16th January. A video of the face-off between the passenger and Ajuzieogu later went viral after the vigilant passenger suspected the consignment contained illicit substances. Both Ajuzieogu and the exhibit were later transferred to NDLEA on Thursday 18th January by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, FAAN for investigation. Preliminary findings by NDLEA showed the parcel contained 50 pills of tramadol 225mg concealed in a bottle of dietary supplements. A follow up operation by the Agency led to the arrest of Okosun upon his return from Ghana on Friday. He has in his statement confirmed ownership of the drug.

In Kano, no fewer than five million six hundred and fifty three thousand (5, 653,000) pills of tramadol 250mg and exol-5 were seized from three suspects. While Nura Abdullahi, 38, and Tahir Muhammad Mukhtar, 42, were arrested at Bacharawa area of Kano with 5, 404,000 pills of tramadol 250mg on Sunday 14th January, Yusuf Umar, 50, was nabbed at Gadar Tamburawa area of the state the previous day Saturday 13th January with 249,000 tablets of exol-5 by NDLEA operatives.

In Lagos, two suspects: Ali Abubakar and Murtala Sani were arrested at Ojodu Berger area on Tuesday 16th January with 110kg of cannabis sativa while 69kg of same substance was recovered from the hideout of a fleeing suspect in Akerele, Surulere same day. Not less than 2, 800 bottles of codeine-based cough syrup were recovered by NDLEA officers on Saturday 20th January during a raid operation at Aleyita FCT, Abuja. The suspected owner of the consignment, Jideofor Sochima is still at large.

While a total of 100, 510 pills of opioids were seized from a suspect, Ike Emmanuel, 35, on Thursday 18th January at Dan-Anacha village, Taraba state, NDLEA operatives in Abia state arrested 60-year-old Joseph Isiguzoro, as well as Emmanuel Eugene and Malachi Ndu in parts of Abia state with 34,200 pills of opioids. Isiguzoro was equally found with monetary exhibit totalling Two Million Eight Hundred and Eighty Five Thousand and Forty Five Naira (N2,885,045) only.

The War Against Drug Abuse, WADA, advocacy campaign of the Agency continued in equal measure in schools, markets, worship places and others across the country in the past week. Some of them include: WADA sensitization lecture at Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom; Federal Government College, Ijanikin, Lagos; Edusoko University, Bida, Niger state and WADA advocacy lecture at Community Secondary School, Bichi, Kano state, among others.

While commending the officers and men of Tincan, MMIA, Abia, Taraba, Lagos, Kano and FCT Commands as well as the special units of the Agency for the arrests and seizures of the past week, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (Retd) urged them and their compatriots across all formations of the Agency to remain focused and resolute in pursuit of the corporate goal of winning the war against substance abuse and illicit drug trafficking in Nigeria. He further charged them to maintain the flame of collaboration with other law enforcement agencies and stakeholders in their areas of responsibility.

Femi Babafemi

Director, Media & Advocacy

NDLEA Headquarters Abuja

Sunday 21st January 2024

https://ndlea.gov.ng/news/ndlea-intercepts-1274-parcels-of-cocaine-colorado-in-lagos-56m-opioid-pills-in-kano?fbclid=IwAR1R69HNcSDdyIUNYc6uvCkvdGObFugTvgNRtwIEGFGXBTrqiqSD7YabWlw

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by KingNom(m): 2:25pm On Jan 21
Nice one

More wisdom on our law enforcement officers in Jesus Name Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by RepoMan007: 2:42pm On Jan 21
Fight drug abuse and you have fought vices and violence.
Marwa dey try sha. Betta and Olubunmi should learn from him and not people like ameachi.

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Golan007: 2:56pm On Jan 21
Hian!

grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Chikel20000(m): 2:58pm On Jan 21
Ok
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Eriokanmi: 2:58pm On Jan 21
As usual. I never believed Nigeria could end up this way. A country once cherished by whites as a safe and investment destination.
I still prefer military rule. These vices( yahooyahoo,kidnapping,boko haram,ritual killings)would have been nipped in the bud at its first occurrence. I remember the capital punishment for drug traffickers in those days. Once you're caught, just dey cry cos you'd not live to see the next 48h hours on earth.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by harryboyng(m): 2:59pm On Jan 21
To dey show face for ndlea office with placard for your hand showing your crime no dey tire una?

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Olarewaju89: 2:59pm On Jan 21
A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by money121(m): 3:00pm On Jan 21
Say no to drug

But rate that people are running this drug parol in nigeria is scary cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by HBB1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21
Hmmm...

Make I no talk wetin dey my mind!

But I sense 'developer' vibes.

๐Ÿคฃ

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by agabusta: 3:02pm On Jan 21
The onslaught against drug traffickers continues!

Kudos to the NDLEA. More grace to your elbows. Y
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Justiceleague1: 3:03pm On Jan 21
Say no to crime

Btw,tribalists now grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by obonujoker(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21
Golan007:
Hian!

grin

Dem no dey tire.

That's what love for money can cause ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by obonujoker(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21
HBB1:
Hmmm...

Make I no talk wetin dey my mind!

But I sense 'developer' vibes.

๐Ÿคฃ

But why do they keep carrying these drugs?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by AncientAlien(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21
Stay out of illegal business. See 60 years old man dragged to take picture of embarrassment now. I wonder what would be going on in his mind.
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by sketching: 3:11pm On Jan 21
Look at that bearded baba and what looks like 3 to 4 million naira in cash.

If that is not his drugs or money, his oga will not believe his story (accuse him of plotting the raid).
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by ecolime(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21
Marwa has always been a performer since time immemorial.

Not bad if we have him man defence ministry.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Kingray10: 3:14pm On Jan 21
Must you add other pics that's not related to topic...
I taya for ona
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Daddyyin: 3:21pm On Jan 21
They are the ones that call the president a drug baron while their people are on death row in almost every countries.
They are the bad face of Nigeria
We know them very well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by seuncyrus(m): 3:21pm On Jan 21
Omo he be like say Nairaland don dey turn negative influence for my life, I can't believe i checked the name .
I'm not an NCAN member .
Crime knows no tribe.
The politicians are the real enemy.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Slytiger: 3:23pm On Jan 21
Okay.
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by SlavaUkraini: 3:25pm On Jan 21
E nor go better for the moderator that ban this my moniker recently....

This year you go suffer ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Go ahead and ban this moniker again....

I have opened several others...
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by GreatrAnalyst: 3:25pm On Jan 21
On today's episode of "wahala no too much like this?"

Everyday from one crazy news to unpalatable headlines.
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by Lanre1st(m): 3:27pm On Jan 21
I still dey imagine how they make sales for hidden substances? How buyers know secret sellers? and where do buyers get huge money to buy such drugs? which work they are into? And for what purpose they use it for? Who prescribed/advertise it for them?

Nigeria Social system is gone
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by bouncin04(m): 3:34pm On Jan 21
cheesy
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by HBB1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 21
seuncyrus:
Omo he be like say Nairaland don dey turn negative influence for my life, I can't believe i checked the name .
I'm not an NCAN member .
Crime knows no tribe.
The politicians are the real enemy.

You no check name, make I bend!
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by M0M0SHIKI: 3:45pm On Jan 21
This people take hard drugs and yet alcohol is illegal there, this story never clear me
Re: NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Cocaine, Colorado In Lagos, Opioid Pills In Kano by teddy001: 3:49pm On Jan 21
Which one be Colorado abeg?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Caught Live On Instagram Video Call By Real American Soldier (video) / Video Of The Merciless Killing Of 4 Alleged Robbers In Nigeria / Cult Attack. Caution Graphic Content. Please Say No To Cultism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.