Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

ATM Video Footage And Theft - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Video Footage And Theft (3334 Views)

How To Prevent Employee Fraud/ Theft: 22 Tips / Rising Electricity Theft Cases Threaten N150bn Meter Market / Largest Malls In Nigeria By Square Footage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Video Footage And Theft by ifyalways(f): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
Have anybody experienced atm theft in naija recently?Was s/he able to with the invent of video camera's at almost every atm machine,crack down on the thief?

I have a fulani woman that comes to braid my hair for me and last week,she came with the sad story of loosing her atm and her account already cleaned out.On probing her,she revealed that she was living with 3 other ladies,had her atm and PIN number kept together in a purse(she's not so educated and street wise,too trusting type).

I went with her to her bank,got her acct. statement and lo and behold,her acct has been cleaned out(she had like 50K).The bank however gave us the name and branch of the bank the criminal used(a different bank) and that was it,she's on her own.

When I started making noise,they said I should go get police report accompained with sworn affidavit and letter to its headquaters and their HQ would in turn contact the bank where the money was withdrawn from.
Re: ATM Video Footage And Theft by ifyalways(f): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2011
Getting the poilce report cost me 5K(had to pay for pen,writing sheet,ridiculous),2K for affidavit and with the letter we went bank to her bank as directed.

Now,i'm just wondering,its past 4 working days and we've not heard anything from the bank.Is this normal and how it ought be done?

Why all the long process and formalities?Does it make any sense fitting on videos on atm's when it takes like forever to get just a picture?

For the poor and not so enlightened(if i did not push and pay for police report,affidavit and co,the poor fulani girl was NOT even ready to do all that,she actually preferred i gave her the money as according to her "nothing wud come out of the investigation) are the video cameras any useful?

Have anyone else had atm issues and how was it resolved?
I expected her bank to pull out the face of the thief from the other bank on verifying her ID and not tasking her for police report et all,did i expect too much?
Re: ATM Video Footage And Theft by ArQuAbOy(m): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2011
Sorry for what happened to her. She would have contacted her bank immediately she realised that her atm card was missing and the thief wouldnt av been able to use it or even be caught trying to use the card.
As for the Police issue, i dont think they would do much since the culprit got away, neither will the bank. Late Report on incident.
REALLY SORRY
Re: ATM Video Footage And Theft by Gboliwe: 6:25am On Nov 04, 2012
Eventually, what happened?
Did you get the picture? Did she get her money back?
Re: ATM Video Footage And Theft by missfendi: 11:23pm On Nov 07, 2012
ifyalways: Have anybody experienced atm theft in naija recently?Was s/he able to with the invent of video camera's at almost every atm machine,crack down on the thief?

I have a fulani woman that comes to braid my hair for me and last week,she came with the sad story of loosing her atm and her account already cleaned out.On probing her,she revealed that she was living with 3 other ladies,had her atm and PIN number kept together in a purse(she's not so educated and street wise,too trusting type).

I went with her to her bank,got her acct. statement and lo and behold,her acct has been cleaned out(she had like 50K).The bank however gave us the name and branch of the bank the criminal used(a different bank) and that was it,she's on her own.

When I started making noise,they said I should go get police report accompained with sworn affidavit and letter to its headquaters and their HQ would in turn contact the bank where the money was withdrawn from.

ifyalways is a jobless spammer, proceed with caution
Re: ATM Video Footage And Theft by goldwaters(f): 10:03am On Nov 14, 2012
I had d experience a couple of yrs ago.I was shown d photographs without involving d police. Go to d branch it was collected from with evidence of ownership of d account nd they will show u d photos. Wish u luck.

(1) (Reply)

Professional electrical services in Nigeria / Large Numbers Of Empty Plastic Drum For Sale / How To Manage People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.