Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu (22249 Views)

Steve Harvey's Marriage Is Intact, Reports Of Divorce Is Fake News - Ned Nwoko / Why I Have Been Away From The Movie Industry – Actor Chidi Mokeme Opens Up / Top 10 'Small Girls With Big God' In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:09pm On Jan 21
Nollywood actor and media personality, Chinedu Ani Emmanuel, aka Nedu, has shared his opinion on the high rate of divorce in the Nigerian entertainment industry.

The comedian revealed that the lack of peace in celebrity marriages is the main reason for the frequent breakdown of their unions.

Nedu said he believes that mental well-being is a valid reason for divorce, emphasizing that if marriage compromises one’s happiness, divorce is a viable option.

He faulted the notion that people should bear bad marriages as their “crosses,” saying that it is important to protect one’s sanity.

Speaking in a recent interview with Hip TV, Nedu said: “My take on divorce is, if it doesn’t work, then take a walk. I’m all for peace of mind. Whatever is not giving me peace, I don’t want it. I can’t come and go and kill myself.

“Some people tell you, it’s your cross, carry am. No, na only Jesus dey carry cross. If you’re not giving me peace of mind, then what am I doing with you? Absolutely, nothing.

I protect my sanity which is the most important part of who I am. I’m asking people to divorce but ask yourself if you’re going home every day because of the kids and not the person you married.

That tells you a lot. If the person you are married to doesn’t give you joy, then what are you doing? If it’s not working, get out.”

DAILY POST recalls that Nedu separated from his estranged wife, Uzoamaka, in 2018 after accusing her of paternity fraud.

DAILY POST

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by money121(m): 8:10pm On Jan 21
All is well

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by money121(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21
Marriage no be anybody mate

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by EreluRoz: 8:16pm On Jan 21
Entertainers live a reckless lifestyle and as such can't keep marriage.

Marriage is a pure institution and doesn't allow dirt's, so if you are not pure the marriage institution will fight you and you'll start experiencing problems and boom divorce yaf enter.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by matify83: 10:22pm On Jan 21
"In the beginning, it was not so"

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Diego35M: 4:55am On Jan 22
I'm an entertainer too, so what I have to say about celebrities divorce is; the ladies marry celebrities for their wealths, thinking he's rich and would be rich forever, cos of when he's ontop forgetting nothing lasts forever, then with high expectations they come in as celebrities' wives and forget to play their own roles of supporting their husbands financially esp, emotionally, physically, spiritually and other wise, so when the path gets rough and tough they get fed up with each other and the lifestyle they started with, d morals of this text is that wives should have something doing in order to support your husbands and family regardless of whom you marry. because nobody will stay ontop forever regardless

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Olabodela: 9:48am On Jan 22
Some of una still dey manage dem marriage...

1 Like

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Dimaya: 9:51am On Jan 22
Many people get married to the wrong people with wrong sources of income.

Most actresses marry for money and mostly fraudsters. Don't believe me, take a listen for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0r4pp-u_uI

That's why their marriages collapse.

6 Likes

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by tukdi: 9:54am On Jan 22
E no concern me but E dey mind

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by hopexter(m): 9:56am On Jan 22
matify83:
"In the beginning, it was not so"

True bro, globalisation and social media are key problems to marriages.

5 Likes

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:56am On Jan 22
Odewaleadesoye:

DAILY POST
ATENU plenty out there, most of them married earlier due to AGE, thinking that was the best Man for them (which is absolutely the BEST), but as times goes on dem begin think FREEDOM sweet pass.
no WORRY with time dem go soon see say NOTHING OUT THERE, u cant alone raise CHILD/REN or with another MAN as father for dem... the lapses dey GAP
so any woman plunging into dat STREAM dey ready to SWIM for FUSTRATION in the FUTURE. unfortunately they ACCUSE their MEN for INFIDFELITY bt dey leave to go take 2nd or 3rd wife position else where. #PROVERB: pasan ta fi naa iya'le, o nbe lori aja fun iyawo (the cane or whip used for first wife is hanger/wall for new WIFE)
they can go for POLIGAMY in WEALTHY MARRIAGE but its a NO in COMMON MAN MARRIAGES cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by benuejosh: 9:57am On Jan 22
We marry this days not out of the will of God or his plan for us but we marry out of our own eye sight and thinking. Example, he is handsome, she is beautiful, she has good shape, she can cook, he doesn't smoke or drink, she acts in a caring manner, he can take care of me and others. Those are the mistakes. Our eyes and emotions deceive and lead us.

We rush into everything thinking 'this is the one'. When God is not involved, those careless human errors are bound to happen and then next is divorce according to humans. Remember God hates putting away! It is till death do part! That's how my Bible puts it to me as a Christian.

Marriage is an institution created by God. So it doesn't function by our human thinking and assumptions. Ask God for direction and his clear will concerning a partner before starting the journey or stepping into it. Most people have left God out of the marriage thing. It is his own institution so don't go into it without with knowledge or living him out of it. It will be hell.

And the worst mistake of a man is getting married to someone who wasn't meant for you. How then do you know if a person was meant for you or not? That is when God comes in for he knows the end even from the beginning, he knows each and everyone of us than we know ourselves.

No carry your eyes take enter marriage thing, na God get am, so carry God make him guide you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Sunkyboie(m): 9:58am On Jan 22
Nedu nedu my guy
Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by noskcid(m): 9:58am On Jan 22
What is peace?

Fellas, there’s no peace anywhere in the world except in Christ Jesus.

It’s Monday, I’m ready for any mention.

5 Likes

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Donedeal1(m): 9:59am On Jan 22
Simply they think its part of that line

No,but rather a reality.
Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by emkz: 10:03am On Jan 22
emkz:

To my fellow nairalanders. Please look carefully at the person you marry. Do not be carried away with flimsy things like unverifiable virginity. Two things you must never take for granted: CHARACTER and FIT. Character embodies things like loyalty, integrity, values, morals, decency and ability to be just. You can see I didn't mention love. The way it has been abused in Nigeria, it is what people use to ruin other people's lives.

Same applies for relationships both friendships and romantic.

emkz:

"Fit" is match. The ability to complement each other. The match may not he perfect, but you must agree over matters of value, matters of why you are in the relationship, matters of culture, matters of spirituality, matters of family. You must be able to hold each other and move together as a force towards one destination that would benefit both of you. You must be physically, mentally and spiritually fit to understand what the relationship means to you. For some, relationship is for sex. So long as both of them agree, it is between them. They are "fit" for each other. For others, relationship is for "using" the other to climb; if both parties are okay for such, it is fine. For those whose marriages have lasted, they see each other as pillars of support to grow in every way. It also works for their "fit".

Yesterday, Pastor Mike Bamiloye said some women are selfish with their bodies. Some men are also selfish with emotions/care. If two of you cannot see each other as a single unit, if two of you are competing over who is superior in the relationship, if both of you disagree over issues that should hold you together, you two are not fit for each other.

Better not to get married.
Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Goodoldays(m): 10:03am On Jan 22
Nedu you are wrong.We all know how our parents fared while growing up,sometime they fight,sometimes the argue but still somehow find a way to weather the storm.This generation wants everything easy,no virtue,no patience.The question is,who is that person that will give you that peace you think you are not getting and are you willing to give the peace your partner will demand from you?

The answer is mostly no!.Every marriage has its thorns and flowers.So you must learn to welcome them.

10 Likes

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by ppogba: 10:04am On Jan 22
Na reason why woman give another person pikin give you be dat.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Goodoldays(m): 10:06am On Jan 22
Nedu should be the worst person one should be getting marriage advice from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Nawa4nl: 10:08am On Jan 22
Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by oshuaa64: 10:13am On Jan 22
see below

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by TRAPLORD13: 10:16am On Jan 22
[quote author=EreluRoz post=128056409]Entertainers live a reckless lifestyle and as such can't keep marriage.

Marriage is a pure institution and doesn't allow dirt's, so if you are not pure the marriage institution will fight you and you'll start experiencing problems and boom divorce yaf enter.[/quote
You have spoken brilliantly.
Until people actually realize it then folks will be raised in broken homes which will come back to haunt society.
It's a known fact that folks raised in broken homes grow to pose a threat to a section of society cos they were raised without full parental love and guidance.
There are exceptions though

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by judedwriter(m): 10:17am On Jan 22
benuejosh:
We marry this days not out of the will of God or his plan for us but we marry out of our own eye sight and thinking. Example, he is handsome, she is beautiful, she has good shape, she can cook, he doesn't smoke or drink, she acts in a caring manner, he can take care of me and others. Those are the mistakes. Our eyes and emotions deceive and lead us.

We rush into everything thinking 'this is the one'. When God is not involved, those careless human errors are bound to happen and then next is divorce according to humans. Remember God hates putting away! It is till death do part! That's how my Bible puts it to me as a Christian.

Marriage is an institution created by God. So it doesn't function by our human thinking and assumptions. Ask God for direction and his clear will concerning a partner before starting the journey or stepping into it. Most people have left God out of the marriage thing. It is his own institution so don't go into it without with knowledge or living him out of it. It will be hell.

And the worst mistake of a man is getting married to someone who wasn't meant for you. How then do you know if a person was meant for you or not? That is when God comes in for he knows the end even from the beginning, he knows each and everyone of us than we know ourselves.

No carry your eyes take enter marriage thing, na God get am, so carry God make him guide you.

You are right.

In my own point of view, most men marry out of sexual urge/beautiful women and most women marry looking for financial security.

Nothing really wrong with these, but many aren't seeking God's will anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by ekelebeXstunner: 10:25am On Jan 22
Partnership sure pass. That way, you don’t lose money in the form of extravagant weddings. Women on average respect their partners more. They are willing to propose to a man in order to take the level higher.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Anatolia: 10:32am On Jan 22
Divorce is always the first option when you have so many options outside your marriage. The ground for divorce should be physical violence, extreme emotional abuse and infidelity. Celebrities divorce based on flimsy reasons.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason For High Rate Of Divorce In Entertainment Industry – Actor Nedu by Brenn594(m): 10:39am On Jan 22
Sometimes I don't really know what to think about marriage anymore; is it a long lasting union? Is it just a contract? Is it a divine union from God? is just a mere end product of emotional imbalance or is it a way of upholding social status?
I ask myself this questions every f*ckin day!!!
Because I want to get married someday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omoni Oboli Goes On Road Trip With Her Sons In Canada / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde And Her Children Recover From COVID-19 / Halle Berry Vs Gabrielle Union Vs Lisaraye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.