Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Every Street Has This Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Every Street Has This Man (1794 Views)

Do You Know This Man? He's My Father. / Name Abraham Daniel: Have You Seen This Man? / The Height Difference Between This Man And His Wife Though (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Street Has This Man by hurryup123(m): 6:41am On Jan 22
Who created them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by DIAMANTE1759: 7:19am On Jan 22
the one wen dey our street dn die

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by Expanse2020(m): 7:40am On Jan 22
Mighty Jesus
Re: Every Street Has This Man by TANID(m): 7:55am On Jan 22
Enemy of Progress

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by KingMack(m): 8:53am On Jan 22
Upon tho whole sorry wey una go beg e no go gree grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by Mikespecialone(m): 10:40am On Jan 22
Just like baba Alaso in those days , if your ball mistakenly enter his compound peren, just forget it , it’s gone .... then we have to wait for our torn particles the next day

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Street Has This Man by wunmi590(m): 10:45am On Jan 22

When we were young at my family house in Obalende, there's a compound that has dog 🐕, once your ball enter into the compound, Otilor, the dog will tear it and they will send it back outside for us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by superintendents(m): 10:49am On Jan 22
Those kind old Men (baba)..

no dey here sorry for there ears..
Na to burst it and throw it at you again..

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by princemillla(m): 10:59am On Jan 22
Many many sad experiences cheesy

Reminds me of Mr Benji back in the days. He no dey use eye see ball in his yard. Na burst or seize am. We all have to prostrate to beg. Only to release it tore or complete next day grin.

Missed those moment, all we have to think of football, skipping, papper football with button n biro cover.

Now, we are playing the role our parent played. Walai e no easy cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by wunmi590(m): 11:02am On Jan 22
DIAMANTE1759:

Unah don use unah ball kill am 😆

1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by Popesuccess(m): 11:26am On Jan 22
The one in my street end up been our Saviour during the 1991 kano riot. The man stood his ground that he will not allow them break into our house to kill us.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by aycorporat(m): 12:32pm On Jan 22
Popesuccess:
The one in my street end up been our Saviour during the 1991 kano riot. The man stood his ground that he will not allow them break into our house to kill us.

God bless his soul.

While I was at Sokoto, our house at Old Airport close to a certain pharmacy experienced things like this
Chai! Good old days
Re: Every Street Has This Man by Bigmospa: 12:46pm On Jan 22
No be lie,just rememberd one mr john bck then,all the kids hated him.
Re: Every Street Has This Man by DIAMANTE1759: 12:48pm On Jan 22
wunmi590:

Unah don use unah ball kill am 😆
Lol...noo
na old age take am o
Re: Every Street Has This Man by Rexymania(m): 1:11pm On Jan 22
Bitter men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by SIXFEETUNDER: 1:13pm On Jan 22
Unfortunately I can't relate
Re: Every Street Has This Man by wunmi590(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22
DIAMANTE1759:

Lol...noo

na old age take am o

Nah inah ball give am early grave now 😆
Re: Every Street Has This Man by Zico777(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22
grin
wunmi590:

When we were young at my family house in Obalende, there's a compound that has dog 🐕, once your ball enter into the compound, Otilor, the dog will tear it and they will send it back outside for us
Re: Every Street Has This Man by CandidAdmin(m): 1:59pm On Jan 22
Ours was in our school and the it was a church not a man's house.

The highest you can do is look because entering the compound of the man's church itself na die.

Very big compound.
Let us play ball - NO
Give us our ball back - NO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by Westerhoffe(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22
DIAMANTE1759:

Na wetin kill am?

1 Share

Re: Every Street Has This Man by Inspirer1: 2:17pm On Jan 22
smiley
Re: Every Street Has This Man by ravensckar(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22
Anyone who lived in Uzor Street, Ajegunle Apapa, Lagos will never forget SAMANJA a.k.a OLD SOLDIER. Man was a retired soldier and also doubled as the community leader (in charge of electricity & security). He was well feared because of his height and moustache. cheesy cheesy

SAMANJA doesn't wait for the ball to get to his compound, he comes after the players. Whenever we're playing street soccer, Baba will just appear from nowhere with his horse whip (koboko). Fiam! Fiam!! Fiam!!! He'll whip us till we disperse in different directions.

However, there was this guy (Ayemere) who seem to have a premonition of when SAMANJA will strike. Dude always disappears some minutes before SAMANJA appears with his whip. Even SAMANJA'S children never escape him like this guy. Till date, no one knows how he gets that premonition of SAMANJA'S appearance. But whenever Ayemere excuses himself from the pitch, SAMANJA is bound to appear a few minutes later.

May God rests SAMANJA'S soul. I miss the good old days! cry cry cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Street Has This Man by Jewessgratitud3: 3:41pm On Jan 22
This is so annoying. Only children that lack home training always use this ball to disturb everyone in the neighborhood.

If you take your ball to the field which is the right place to play it, no body will disturb you. It's only when you start playing it in the wrong arena that it gets seized.

I have seized balls too In the past and would wait for their mother to come and ask me. I'll give her the lecture of her life and tell her to go and train her children well. Just like some that will not allow me to rest. Hot afternoon they'll be hitting my gate with hot shots. Shey na for street/close them dey play ball again? Hian!

Any ball seized is gone unless my mind now melts from their pleas.

3 Likes

Re: Every Street Has This Man by Mathiasa(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22
grin
Re: Every Street Has This Man by Woodshot: 5:05pm On Jan 22
angry
Re: Every Street Has This Man by Seunpapa65: 10:24pm On Jan 22
Ah 😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Make I no talk my own Sha
Re: Every Street Has This Man by richiemcgold: 10:35pm On Jan 22
I have more than 5 leather balls in my store right now

I seized them from those troublesome boys in my neighborhood. Imagine playing ball in the next compound and sending a long shot into mine. They broke my windshield, and glass windows. I think I've been too lenient with them sef. I've told them many times, when you play ball in the neighborhood, na tapping ball, you're not supposed to pull a shot, but they'll never change. Next time na to arrest all of them.
Re: Every Street Has This Man by Free2Fly: 7:35am On Jan 23
hurryup123:
Who created them

grin
Re: Every Street Has This Man by Free2Fly: 7:41am On Jan 23
SIXFEETUNDER:
Unfortunately I can't relate

Don't worry about it then.
Only those growing up in the '70s, '80s and early '90s will understand

That was when men were men and street football was the order of the day.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You Have One Advise To Give About Life,what Would It Be? / Kids Say The Funniest Things / Twins’ Breast Feeding Row: Man Kills Wife 24 Hours Ahead Of Naming Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.