Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This (58477 Views)

Man Crashes A Borrowed Benz In Delta (Photos) / Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Morphinne: 7:01pm On Jan 23
Cars are personal! Your car is personal!! Cars are personal!!! You don’t give out your cars to ppl just the same way you would never lend out your wife to someone for few days! I easily differentiate between car owners (pesin wey sweat buy moto with him hardearned money) and borrowers by the way you drive on bad roads and by your reaction when a car’s belly hits the ground😂
Sorry OP, sure you’ve learnt your lessons. Some things are just not to be shared and your car should be one of such things; it should be treated like a used toothbrush.
There's this mistake most car owners make. It’s better you don’t even start it at all. Make it a known habit to not give ppl your car from start because it’s better and easier that way than you later trying to stop it.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by MrSly(m): 8:30pm On Jan 23
Spark2:
Good day NL.
A friend of mine borrowed my car few days ago to help ease movement for him. I happily gave him the car because I understood the need he had.

For precautionary reasons, I don't let my fuel get below quarter tank. Each time it gets there, i ensure I top it up.

When I gave this guy my key, I told him clearly to ensure he adds enough fuel as he's leaving my place and not to allow the fuel guage gets below quarter.

My car spent some days with him. he brought back the car and complained that my car has stopped on the way several times and each time it stops, he'd have to buy a little fuel and add before it moves.

Second, he brought back the car with scratches on my front bumper. I learned from someone that he had moved on terrible roads with the car. I was told he went to places that other people had parked because their vehicles can't enter.

I asked how much fuel he bought and he told me he bought a few litres of fuel. This got me furious because this is a journey that if I am to go, I'd have to buy over 40L of fuel.

Third, he brought it back with a faulty fuel gauge, my fuel gauge has never been faulty since I bought my car. It was not possible for me to know the fuel level at the time he returned the car.

I had to go fix my car because I had a need to go somewhere with it. My mechanic opened to tank to check why the car was stopping as well as the fuel gauge. To my surprise, my tank was terribly empty. It was dry.

I had to buy so much fuel as well as fix the fuse of the fuel gauge. As for the scratches, I will have to leave them like that. The funny thing is that my friend cannot even tell me he is sorry.

I have resolved in my mind, I WILL NEVER GIVE ANYBODY MY CAR AGAIN. NO.
ITS ONLY ME THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF MY CAR. I AM THE ONE MAINTAINING IT AND I KNOW EHERE IT PAINS.

what do you think about this?
Do you give out your car to your friends to use especially in this hard economy where fuel, maintenance and cost of parts are on the high side.
I am not that rich yet so no matter how close you are to me I don't lend my car. I can support you TFare but can't lend you my car.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Arcbox(m): 8:37pm On Jan 23
Spark2:
Good day NL.
A friend of mine borrowed my car few days ago to help ease movement for him. I happily gave him the car because I understood the need he had.

For precautionary reasons, I don't let my fuel get below quarter tank. Each time it gets there, i ensure I top it up.

When I gave this guy my key, I told him clearly to ensure he adds enough fuel as he's leaving my place and not to allow the fuel guage gets below quarter.

My car spent some days with him. he brought back the car and complained that my car has stopped on the way several times and each time it stops, he'd have to buy a little fuel and add before it moves.

Second, he brought back the car with scratches on my front bumper. I learned from someone that he had moved on terrible roads with the car. I was told he went to places that other people had parked because their vehicles can't enter.

I asked how much fuel he bought and he told me he bought a few litres of fuel. This got me furious because this is a journey that if I am to go, I'd have to buy over 40L of fuel.

Third, he brought it back with a faulty fuel gauge, my fuel gauge has never been faulty since I bought my car. It was not possible for me to know the fuel level at the time he returned the car.

I had to go fix my car because I had a need to go somewhere with it. My mechanic opened to tank to check why the car was stopping as well as the fuel gauge. To my surprise, my tank was terribly empty. It was dry.

I had to buy so much fuel as well as fix the fuse of the fuel gauge. As for the scratches, I will have to leave them like that. The funny thing is that my friend cannot even tell me he is sorry.

ITS ONLY ME THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF MY CAR. I AM THE ONE MAINTAINING IT AND I KNOW EHERE IT PAINS.

Do you give out your car to your friends to use especially in this hard economy where fuel, maintenance and cost of parts are on the high side.
I gave a friend my car to help him get something stuff to somewhere. He stoped at a market carelessly and the battery was stolen…he came back to beg with half the cost of the battery 🔋, but I didn’t collect the money from him.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by LyfeJennings(m): 9:38pm On Jan 23
NO MATTER HOW CLOSE WE ARE
I CAN NEVER EVER EVER GIVE ANYONE MY CAR
FOR WETIN
ON TO SAY WETIN
WHEN I HAD NO CAR, I DIDN'T DRIVE ANYONE'S
I RESORTED TO OKADA AND UBER
WHY I GO BORROW U MY CAR
U KEE PERSON FOR ME?
NA U MESS UP BRO

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by charlsecy(m): 9:54pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:
Lent, not borrowed.
Nothing wrong with the heading. It's "borrowed."
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Barteze: 10:12pm On Jan 23
It depends on the individual I once gave my vehicle to someone close to me and he returned it with full tank that night.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by ariesbull: 10:28pm On Jan 23
Spark2:
Good day NL.

you get luck he no take your car follow one way and they impound it
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by IamAsiri: 10:32pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:

Yes, you are!

Otherwise, you would have stopped arguing when i told you he had corrected it already.

At first he wrote "I borrowed my car to a friend...."

When I raised the issue, he corrected it to "A friend borrowed my car....", which is correct.

This shouldn't be too difficult to understand.

Pele. I just pointed out that there was nothing like lent in what he corrected. And if you had read and understood the last paragraph on my first response to your mention, you would not have made that senseless comment.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Beey(f): 12:30am On Jan 24
hopeforcharles:
Hmmm it's a very hard one. There are very close friends I cant deny my car, but there are careless friends I am skeptical to give. My experience.
I borrowed my friend my designer shoes and he killed it.
But I borrowed him my car he came back with it normally ok.
No you didn’t BORROW your friend the shoes and car, but you LEND your friend.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Jhoanner(f): 5:33am On Jan 24
That's why I don't have friends.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by muskay: 8:32am On Jan 24
WHAT I AM MORE CONCERNED IS NOT EVEN THE PHYSICAL DAMEGES DONE TO THE CAR.
YOU ALSO NEED TO CHECK FOR SPIRITUAL DAMAGES.YOU NEED TO FIND OUT FROM HIM IF HE HAS NOT
BANGED A LADY IN THE CAR.IF THAT IS DONE, MY BROTHER,SORRY.YOUR CAR IS FINISHED BECAUSE HE HAS KILLED THE SPIRIRT OF THE CAR.THAT IS HOW THE CAR WILL BE GIVING YOU ONE PROBLEM TO ANOTHER UNTIL IT DRAINS OFF YOUR FINANCES.
BETTER STILL, TAKE THE CAR FOR SPIRITUAL EXAMINATION AND CLEANSING IF CONFIRMED.
DO NOT SAY I DID NOT TELL YOU O!
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by eteba(m): 9:01am On Jan 24
At least he brought it back....be thankful.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Southwestidiot: 9:40am On Jan 24
Spark2:
Good day NL.

it's dangerous to give out your car to anybody.
Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by hopeforcharles(m): 9:45am On Jan 24
Beey:
No you didn’t BORROW your friend the shoes and car, but you LEND your friend.
Thank you for correcting me. We learn everyday.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by ikdaddy01(m): 11:30am On Jan 24
The way my family and friends rush me to use their cars erh.
I sure bring it back better than it was. Most times I fix their errors . Drove my friends matrix on Saturday, noticed the brake lining was too open. U ll need to pump the brake to close the clearance.
Sharply took it to a mechanic and got the back linning adjusted.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by thrillionaire(m): 7:29am On Jan 25
Anguldi:

I see you bro, I live there wink. That una side cold na die cheesy
I see you too bro. Nice one. Vet cold yeah, but na the same boat carry us o.. lol
I dey travel back to Abuja today and na from that Anguldi I go board taxi sef.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Anguldi(m): 7:32am On Jan 25
thrillionaire:
I see you too bro. Nice one. Vet cold yeah, but na the same boat carry us o.. lol
I dey travel back to Abuja today and na from that Anguldi I go board taxi sef.
All the best.
Safe trip man

1 Like

Re: A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This by Psoul(m): 4:01pm On Jan 27
Spark2:
Good day NL.

If you must lend your car out, let it be too a friend that also owns a car and who knows how to handle his own car.

Don't lend your car to someone that doesn't have a car. He will try to drive all the styles he knows and those he has seen in action movie with your car.

He doesn't know the cost of maintaining a car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out These 1 Lamborghini And 2 Ferrari In The Same Compound / Help !!! Speedometer Reader/needle Not Moving When I Am Moving / Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.