Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Rechargeable Fan Common Problem - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Rechargeable Fan Common Problem (1369 Views)

Rechargeable Fan Issue (pls Help) / How To Increase The Battery Hour Of Rechargeable Fan From 3 To 24 Hour / A Total Waste Of Money On Tecnocool Rechargeable Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by Bullfallo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 23
I bought a rechargeable fan some months again and was happy with the outcome. It can go more than 12 hours on low speed and 6 hours on medium speed tested when I newly got it.

But since we normally have electricity I hardly use the battery power for long. Always in the light power while the battery takes alot of hours to fully recharge even if you uses it for few hours. The fan is always on charge as a permanent room fan as I prefer using it than the ceiling fan.

Within 3-4 months the battery begins to charge faster and discharge faster too. The low speed can barely go 3hours and medium speed just above 1 hour.

At the rate the battery become faulty its doesn’t even worth replacing it.
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by Trippledots(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15
Bullfallo:
I bought a rechargeable fan some months again and was happy with the outcome. It can go more than 12 hours on low speed and 6 hours on medium speed tested when I newly got it.

But since we normally have electricity I hardly use the battery power for long. Always in the light power while the battery takes alot of hours to fully recharge even if you uses it for few hours. The fan is always on charge as a permanent room fan as I prefer using it than the ceiling fan.

Within 3-4 months the battery begins to charge faster and discharge faster too. The low speed can barely go 3hours and medium speed just above 1 hour.

At the rate the battery become faulty its doesn’t even worth replacing it.

Most of these rechargeable fans don't have a correct battery charging algorithm, plus they are usually discharged beyond the recommended level to allow them last a few years.

A few mods can help you enjoy your fan better. What brand are you using?
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by Bullfallo(m): 10:04pm On Feb 15
Trippledots:

Most of these rechargeable fans don't have a correct battery charging algorithm, plus they are usually discharged beyond the recommended level to allow them last a few years.

A few mods can help you enjoy your fan better. What brand are you using?
century. I went to market to get a replacement battery. I was disappointed. This one is just as worst as the main battery. Fan is century
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by Trippledots(m): 10:09pm On Feb 15
Bullfallo:
century. I went to market to get a replacement battery. I was disappointed. This one is just as worst as the main battery. Fan is century

If you are a bit handy with tools, check if the fan is a 6v or 12v unit. If it's the latter, then get like a 40ahr battery and run the cable from the fan to the external battery. Might not be so pretty, but it should help with the over charge and over discharge thing.

I can guide you via video call on Whatsapp if you want.
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by keeper303: 10:35pm On Feb 15
Trippledots:

If you are a bit handy with tools, check if the fan is a 6v or 12v unit. If it's the latter, then get like a 40ahr battery and run the cable from the fan to the external battery. Might not be so pretty, but it should help with the over charge and over discharge thing.

I can guide you via video call on Whatsapp if you want.

What if it is 6v?
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by Trippledots(m): 10:38pm On Feb 15
keeper303:

What if it is 6v?

Becomes a lot harder, except you can lay hands on 6v lead acid battery not greater than 50ah.
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by SimeonOTC(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31
Bullfallo:

Bro please which of the century Is it the table fan or standing fan?

Am about to purchase one..
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by Bullfallo(m): 6:29pm On Mar 31
SimeonOTC:

Bro please which of the century Is it the table fan or standing fan?

Am about to purchase one..
the table
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by pointstores(m): 1:31pm On Apr 01
We build powerbank for 12hours rechargeable fan powerbank with 1 year warranty dont throw away that fan get quality litium base rechargeable fan
Re: Rechargeable Fan Common Problem by tosyne2much(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02
That's the common problem with rechargeable fans. They last when you buy them newly and the battery denigrades with the speed of light

The only solution I see here is for you to get another battery.. This time, get a battery that motorcycle normally use (Bajaj) These batteries are big and would not fit into the fan compartment, so this means you will have to run a wire and place it beside the fan.

Another option is for you to go for an inverter fan instead.. They're far better and are optimized to have good battery economy since they consume very low watts

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can Someone Get The I.p Adress Of The Person That Email You / Lnb Mal-function / China Overtakes The USA In Scientific Research In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.