Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help (697 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Nigerian Mom Urgently Calls God In Prayer To Heal Daughter’s Sick Dog (Video) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by payaseriy: 5:28pm On Jan 23
My dog is just 3 months old caucasian shepherd

For like a week now, he doesn't eat anything aside raw meat which he ate like twice before i stopped. He has lost weight and always meek.

I took him to a vet, he claimed it could be worm issues which he collected money and gave the dog a liquid chemical to consume, although the dog vomited everything 20 mins later.

I later bought a normal worm medicine and forced the dog to take 50% of.

The dog doesn't eat. He has watery stool, he is always staying away from people.

Please I need help on what to do. Please
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by CameroonPepper: 5:41pm On Jan 23
It wants to be eaten.
Go outside and look for effirin leaves with curry & thyme for the peppersoup.
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Mordecai(m): 5:48pm On Jan 23
Would it take milk, with some sugar added to it? Or eggs?
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by payaseriy: 6:04pm On Jan 23
CameroonPepper:
It wants to be eaten.
Go outside and look for effirin leaves with curry & thyme for the peppersoup.
are u okay ?

Is this a joke to ur empty skull?

Carry ur fo¤lishness far from my trend.
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by verminnel(f): 8:09am On Jan 24
If the poo stinks abnormally and it throws up its probably parvo virus.pls get a better vet for proper diagnosis,there's a chance it "may" be parvo

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by bassdow: 8:20am On Jan 24
payaseriy:

For like a week now, he doesn't eat anything aside raw meat which he ate like twice before i stopped. He has lost weight and always meek.

I took him to a vet, he claimed it could be worm issues which he collected money and gave the dog a liquid chemical to consume, although the dog vomited everything 20 mins later.

The dog doesn't eat. He has watery stool, he is always staying away from people.

Most of these VeTs have nothing much to offer, other than making money at detriment of their customers. Reason why it pays to do lots of research [continuiosly] so as to arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible. thereby reducing your reliace on such wasteProducts
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by okayman4real(m): 10:53am On Jan 24
get palm kernel oil for the dog... one spoon in d morning, one afternoon and one in evening.
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by payaseriy: 11:40am On Jan 24
okayman4real:
get palm kernel oil for the dog... one spoon in d morning, one afternoon and one in evening.
will that help for palvo virus too?
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by majortwild(m): 1:31pm On Jan 24
payaseriy:

I doubt it, there's a thread for a guy who made a complete guide on how to follow up on Parvo virus and drugs to use . He really detailed everything well. Find the thread via search
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by toms55(m): 9:35am On Jan 25
I recommend critters veterinary center, look then up on google they are very cheap and yet professionals, if you have IG look them up too
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Lifeofexpat: 1:29pm On Jan 27
payaseriy:

Whatever you are feeding, is not good for dog. His tummy is having reaction and making diarrhea.

Puppy's are very sensitive to foods. Don't change food on them to fast. Change food very very slowly. But just meat and dry dog food is all the puppy should have. Nothing more
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Lifeofexpat: 1:32pm On Jan 27
Mordecai:

Very bad idea. Puppies can't eat any of that. They tummy is to sensitive at that age for any of these things
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Mordecai(m): 1:48pm On Jan 27
I beg to disagree, please.

A 3-month old puppy can take those. They were very helpful when my dogs were sick and refusing to eat.
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by THEPACIFIST: 11:47am On Jan 29
verminnel:
If the poo stinks abnormally and it throws up its probably parvo virus.pls get a better vet for proper diagnosis,there's a chance it "may" be parvo
Exactly my thoughts too but I think it could be a gastrointestinal problem, since puppies have a sensitive stomach, just like with my 12weeks gsd. My dog was wrongly diagnosed based on symptoms like that. I overpaid for the treatment but I was glad I asked a lot of questions from the vet treating him if not my dog would have undergone a painful procedure for days.
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by okayman4real(m): 8:07pm On Feb 01
payaseriy:
yes..... Tested and confirm.
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by okayman4real(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01
[quote author=payaseriy post=128100840]will that help for palvo virus too?[ Yes, tested and confirm]
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Haroldjunior80(m): 11:01am On Feb 03
Mordecai:

Ha! Una dey talk o! Why would you even advise that?! OP, please stop taking advices from unprofessional people here o. Take that dog to a very good vet. Do some research, there has to be a good certified vet in your state. If you take advices from people here, you will lose your dog. I just say one person prescribing palm oil three times daily! Wtf?!
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by payaseriy: 1:28pm On Feb 04
Haroldjunior80:

Ha! Una dey talk o! Why would you even advise that?! OP, please stop taking advices from unprofessional people here o. Take that dog to a very good vet. Do some research, there has to be a good certified vet in your state. If you take advices from people here, you will lose your dog. I just say one person prescribing palm oil three times daily! Wtf?!
thesame advise you want me to disregard is what saved the dog.

My dog is fine now because I experimented on everything they told me here.

I appreciate your concern towards my interest. Thank u
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by majortwild(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04
payaseriy:

Did u diagnose parvovirus and how did u treat it
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Haroldjunior80(m): 4:55pm On Feb 06
payaseriy:

I’m pretty sure it’s not what they said you should do that helped the dog. Might have just been your faith and luck. Please, for the safety of your dog, do well to take it to a good vet next time. I’m also glad your puppy is well now.
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by payaseriy: 7:41pm On Feb 06
Haroldjunior80:

I’m pretty sure it’s not what they said you should do that helped the dog. Might have just been your faith and luck. Please, for the safety of your dog, do well to take it to a good vet next time. I’m also glad your puppy is well now.
I just sold it off... I was scared cos the dog stopped eating anything else aside meat
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Sampike(m): 9:03pm On Feb 10
payaseriy:
I just sold it off... I was scared cos the dog stopped eating anything else aside meat
that's parvo
My boerboel and gsd got that and ain't eating for close to 2month. I give only glucose and pap cuz the dog is not taking can food
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by majortwild(m): 10:26am On Feb 12
Sampike:
that's parvo
My boerboel and gsd got that and ain't eating for close to 2month. I give only glucose and pap cuz the dog is not taking can food

How did u treat them?
Re: My Dog Is Sick, I Need Help by Sampike(m): 10:48pm On Mar 02
Thru vet
But the vet told me that I should always have doxycycline at home that it helps and it truly helps
My pup had that fee month after and I used that and it cured it
majortwild:

How did u treat them?

(1) (Reply)

Where To Find Ticks On Your Pet / ~~~@gidipets~~ / Extra Super 8months Old Male Rottweiller For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.