Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) (23513 Views)

Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Novice1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25
I laugh in Agbero
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by NinjaMetahuman: 12:56pm On Jan 25
Kepukepu:
Bro, you don't need to have visited those city to know that they are light years ahead of lagos. We are in a global village
yes you have to visit it.

Because those cities don't show the negative side of their cities.
It's only positive you see and think they are paradise.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by autodevice(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25
For this life? This list was complied with AI.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Expanse2020(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25
Which numbermy OBI Anambra de o jere
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Kinzo0917(m): 1:08pm On Jan 25
zebszebs:
I think they meant Lagos, Portugal, because how?

Even if people are deceiving you, should you deceive yourself?

Lagos that has:
1. No running water
2. Untarred, pothole-scarred, inner-city roads
3. Refuse is most times left unpicked for weeks and in some cases months by LAWMA
4. Stagnant gutters, filled with greenish effluents and other human waste, forming a breeding ground for vampire-life, blood-sucking mosquitoes.
5. Lagos where large swaths of the city are governed by non-state actors who go about shaking down small businesses and individuals for unofficial taxes and levies? The likes of them Oluomo and his NURTW ilk, to mention a few?

That same Lagos is better than Dubai?

And some people will believe this?

Ne self surprise oo

Even in africa, lagos can't be in the top 🔝 19 not to talk of been 19 in the world 🌎 . haba na

If them check the people weh compile the list, I believe some of them go come from 9ja. If not, how come?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Beverlyjean(f): 1:08pm On Jan 25
Fiscus105:
Negative minded would still condernm the ranking, if they rank it worst,they would condernm, now that it's ranked good, they would still wail.

So if they rank tinubu as the best president in the world u will also foolishly accept it.... or if they rank Nigeria as the 3rd most sage country in the world , u will also accept it... there's a reason we have a functional brain....its to question what we see or told

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Beverlyjean(f): 1:10pm On Jan 25
Dynamicboss:
Maybe Island sha because mainland needs alot of renovation and infrastructural development

Even island is not even 10percent of miami... I have been to miami ...its like comparing man city to lobi stars

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Beverlyjean(f): 1:12pm On Jan 25
MemphitzDgreat1:
I'd love to smoke whatever stuff the person wey do this survey been smoke😁

U want to smoke what they are smoking so that It will end up disfiguring ur brain like it has done theirs

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Kinzo0917(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25
creolehunt:
This is really huge.

I'm elated to be alive to witness Lagos being a better city to visit than Miami, Dubai, Singapore, Naples, Montreal, Seoul, San Francisco, Vancouver and the other slums in Europe and North America

Allah be praised.

Between God and you, if you are ask to choose a city you will love to vusit and stay between Lagos, Miami, Dubai, Singapore 🇸🇬, naples , Montreal, seoul, you will choose Lagos right?

Whatever your answer is, may God confirm it for you

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by BuyMeBanger: 1:21pm On Jan 25
This whole thread is comedy gold, thank you Time Out! grin At this point I really hope it is our Lagos just to keep the laughs coming. cheesy
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Beverlyjean(f): 1:21pm On Jan 25
NinjaMetahuman:
have you been to Miami, Melbourne, Sydney, Beijing and Glasgow?

If not, shut the Bleep up.

I have been to miami , osaka, dubai and Singapore ... for Singapore, their airport is like on water.... u can't even compare ...whether its nightlife or to live in... miami florida has the best beaches ... the nightlife is out this world..almost close to ibiza , another place I have visited... they even ranked lagos ahead of las Vegas grin grin... another city I have visited...clowns grin

If my foreign friends see this list...they will laugh out of control... they have visited me in lag a couple of times and they know lagos no follow

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by segcymoor(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25
Johnbullthe3rd:
Small nyash the shake rigorously.
The person wey make this list been Dey smoke Colorado 5 minutes ago.

The mod wey push to front page they on steady supply of weed.

If you believe this list, you can as well believe I own Pluto and Jupiter, currently selling these planets for 2k each.

NB
Don’t get me wrong, lagos is doing very well for it self and for Nigeria too. Telling me lagos beats Miami and Dubai in a “best city ranking” is an insult to our intelligence.

Is it the Lagos in Nigeria or the Lagos in Portugal??

Jamb question..
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Kinzo0917(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25
Nokio2:
Another Lagos dey somewhere
I no anoda people wey dey use this kain ranking...
Channel's TV Nigeria's best TV station for the past 25years..even portable no understand .

Arise tv 📺 has been the best tv 📺 station in nigeria 🇳🇬 now for over 5 years running .
They just won it this year again

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by obonujoker(m): 1:42pm On Jan 25
Comedic thread 😂😂😂
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by chidiokay: 1:45pm On Jan 25
zebszebs:
I think they meant Lagos, Portugal, because how?

Even if people are deceiving you, should you deceive yourself?

Lagos that has:
1. No running water
2. Untarred, pothole-scarred, inner-city roads
3. Refuse is most times left unpicked for weeks and in some cases months by LAWMA
4. Stagnant gutters, filled with greenish effluents and other human waste, forming a breeding ground for vampire-like, blood-sucking mosquitoes.
5. Large swaths of the city are governed by non-state actors who go about shaking down small businesses and individuals for unofficial taxes and levies. The likes of them Oluomo and his NURTW ilk, to mention a few?

That same Lagos is better than Dubai?

And some people will believe this?

All these downside you mention are onl pertinent to one side of lagos i.e the mainland

You must agree with me there are some part of lagos if you ever luck to visit in your Life you will doubt it is in Lagos,

As you believe Lagos is the worst place becos of where you stay and visit, there are some people that have stayed in Lagos gor years and don't know all these things you are saying .... the only time they come to mainland is Airport
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by 7lives: 1:50pm On Jan 25
Johnbullthe3rd:

If you believe this list, you can as well believe I own Pluto and Jupiter, currently selling these planets for 2k each.

NB
Don’t get me wrong, lagos is doing very well for it self and for Nigeria too. Telling me lagos beats Miami and Dubai in a “best city ranking” is an insult to our intelligence.

Make your opinion count, delete Lagos from the list or get a sniper.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by chidiokay: 1:51pm On Jan 25
ceejayluv:

Oh, alright... It's clear now. I nearly wrote a protest email to the ranking officials sef. grin

Imagine the whites reading comment likes your about your own country what do you think they will categorize you as

Tribalism don spoil una life, make everything sha be bad news so you can wail dem dey pay una for wailing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by NinjaMetahuman: 1:55pm On Jan 25
Beverlyjean:

I have been to miami , osaka, dubai and Singapore ... for Singapore, their airport is like on water.... u can't even compare ...whether its nightlife or to live in... miami florida has the best beaches ... the nightlife is out this world..almost close to ibiza , another place I have visited... they even ranked lagos ahead of las Vegas grin grin... another city I have visited...clowns grin

If my foreign friends see this list...they will laugh out of control... they have visited me in lag a couple of times and they know lagos no follow
proof of your visit?

Also, did you go every part of those cities?

Someone like you will visit banana island and think entire lagos is like that.

We know self hate is major issue here but continue.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Beverlyjean(f): 2:06pm On Jan 25
NinjaMetahuman:
proof of your visit?

Also, did you go every part of those cities?

Someone like you will visit banana island and think entire lagos is like that.

We know self hate is major issue here but continue.

Banana island is not even as beautiful as Riyal Gardens Estate...that I regard as the finest estate in lagos and possibly Nigeria.... I know all top cities have their slumps , where those that work for the rich stay ... but still on still these cities I have visited are miles ahead ... even south miami or even little Haiti that's regarded are a local area is even more organised and cleaner than some part of v.i... or will u compare that place with Ajah area or part of lekki like jakande ... the only part that I will say lagos is better is the carrying of guns in miami

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by PHAYOL81: 2:20pm On Jan 25
This is impressive.

Watch how those people would start complaining about the ranking/list. They only wish for bad news of others NOT MINDING TO SEE IF THEY CAN TURN THEIR DAM@G£D LIVELIHOOD ARROUND. Sadistic lots.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Itzteewhy(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25
LMAO 🤣🤣

Lagos beat Melbourne?? Me I don't know for other cities oo but Melbourne, Dubai and Miami? Ain't no way that's possible.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by qtx(m): 2:33pm On Jan 25
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-lagos-beats-dubai-miami-ranked-19th-out-of-50-best-cities-in-2024/amp
which one is a BRITISH MEDIA? So long as it's not Forbes and others in their category, forget it; they are just like our local blogs here. Don't jubiliate yet. We are here in Lag, and we know where and how it is. You can only deceive those who are not here.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Dynamicboss: 2:52pm On Jan 25
Beverlyjean:

Even island is not even 10percent of miami... I have been to miami ...its like comparing man city to lobi stars

Miami is too far comparison. Visited doha and I was left speechless. You are right, island is not up to 2%. Lagos still look like village if u ask me

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by mbos: 2:52pm On Jan 25
it should be Portuguese Lagos
Johnbullthe3rd:

NB

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by NinjaMetahuman: 3:08pm On Jan 25
Beverlyjean:

Banana island is not even as beautiful as Riyal Gardens Estate...that I regard as the finest estate in lagos and possibly Nigeria.... I know all top cities have their slumps , where those that work for the rich stay ... but still on still these cities I have visited are miles ahead ... even south miami or even little Haiti that's regarded are a local area is even more organised and cleaner than some part of v.i... or will u compare that place with Ajah area or part of lekki like jakande ... the only part that I will say lagos is better is the carrying of guns in miami
I asked for your proof of all your visits first then i can see if i should take you seriously or just ignore you as another internet troll.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Dickson178(m): 3:32pm On Jan 25
One day , uyo must on this list! Y'all should watch out in the next 3yrs!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by adedayoa2(f): 3:44pm On Jan 25
Fiscus105:
Negative minded would still condernm the ranking, if they rank it worst,they would condernm, now that it's ranked good, they would still wail.

I tire my brother, people dey help us appreciate wetin we no fit appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by babeface3: 4:05pm On Jan 25
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by kaywhy09(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25
Lol cheesy
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Beverlyjean(f): 4:16pm On Jan 25
NinjaMetahuman:
I asked for your proof of all your visits first then i can see if i should take you seriously or just ignore you as another internet troll.

Look at this one...prove to u as per what... I should post my passport abi pictures...say u be who?? U are not even a serious person....
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by NinjaMetahuman: 5:07pm On Jan 25
Beverlyjean:

Look at this one...prove to u as per what... I should post my passport abi pictures...say u be who?? U are not even a serious person....
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: Young Nigerian Medical Doctor Missing In Texas / Scotland! / Tanker Driver Dies At Sanya Bus-stop In Lagos, Motorists Block Highway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.