Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) (23593 Views)

Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Niyi4321: 5:07pm On Jan 25
See hypocrites everywhere slanging dope for the Ranking.
Who cares if you read and score 180 in JAMB and somebody else cheat and gets the whole 400 or Finish work centers and get A-through in WAEC.
Lagos has passed in this one and let no unrighteous man who probably listened to answer dictations to pass his WAEC tell us it's wrong.
Let no one forget how Nigeria got into the round of 16 in the AFCON football game.
Like it or not it's luck that put Nigeria and Many successful people in it among the best not struggle

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Tywo2018: 5:22pm On Jan 25
I'll not talking anything ok, just continue. grin cry
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Tonididdyx: 5:28pm On Jan 25
Mama osato rankings

... Even a blind man can tell whose boss just with a sniff of the air in all mentioned countries

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by sketching: 5:59pm On Jan 25
It must be the Islands and not the shithole part of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by jonnyjustcome22: 6:03pm On Jan 25
They like deceiving Africa and Africa like deceiving her self.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by damkin24(m): 6:19pm On Jan 25
Isobug:

Good one for Nigeria, from the parameters used, they can be placed in that number.......if not
How do I compare Lagos to Miami, Melbourne, Sydney, Beijing and Glasgow? Say I drink Detergent?
Abi Na... instead maybe we can compare Awka or better still Agulu. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by HRMK: 6:52pm On Jan 25
same dubai atiku usually run to after his loss at the polls!
no wonder he now stayed put in nigeria in the last one year!there is no more attraction in that arab world!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by sweetrace(f): 7:47pm On Jan 25
Fiscus105:
Negative minded would still condernm the ranking, if they rank it worst,they would condernm, now that it's ranked good, they would still wail.

We are wailing because the list is not real!!!! Lagos before Dubai? Who made the list? Have the been to Lagos?
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Teejaney88(m): 8:00pm On Jan 25
The person(s) that compiled this list should be rushed to the psychiatry ASAP...😕
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by studyless123: 8:18pm On Jan 25
Beverlyjean:

I have been to miami , osaka, dubai and Singapore ... for Singapore, their airport is like on water.... u can't even compare ...whether its nightlife or to live in... miami florida has the best beaches ... the nightlife is out this world..almost close to ibiza , another place I have visited... they even ranked lagos ahead of las Vegas grin grin... another city I have visited...clowns grin

If my foreign friends see this list...they will laugh out of control... they have visited me in lag a couple of times and they know lagos no follow

So what's special about Miami, Las Vegas, Osaka and Dubai that should make them ahead of Lagos? My foreign friends that visited PH loved it so much and enjoyed it. It's possible you don't know the happening places so ask people to show you road.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Anatolia: 8:21pm On Jan 25
Report: Lagos now fourth worst city to live in the world — two spots up from 2022. The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), a sister publication of The Economist of London, says Lagos, Nigeria's economic nerve centre, is now the fourth worst city to live in the world.Jun 22, 2023
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Anatolia: 8:23pm On Jan 25
Is it Agege, Mushin, Obalende, Iyanoba, Oworonshoki, Ajegunle, Abule Egba, Oshodi, Apapa that makes Lagos the best city to live.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by azzima(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25
Illiterates didn't see the PARAMETERS Used here.

I am tired of Nigerian people
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Revolva(m): 10:12pm On Jan 25
Lagos wey no even reach abidjan for infrastructure

The person that compiled that list has been paid ...he is a slowpoke i live in lagos and I know everypaet of lagos like i own d city

Lagos leads in Nigeria , we no that but not anywhere in the world

All d roads are dark at night no.street light in many part of the highways

Ordinary Nairobi beats lagos hands down than to compare it to a western word city

That person wey compile that list need to be flogged
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Revolva(m): 10:13pm On Jan 25
studyless123:

So what's special about Miami, Las Vegas, Osaka and Dubai that should make them ahead of Lagos? My foreign friends that visited PH loved it so much and enjoyed it. It's possible you don't know the happening places so ask people to show you road.

You asking a dumb question , go to YouTube and search for those cities and see wonders of infrastructures now compare them to ur country best city ...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by ceejayluv(m): 12:22am On Jan 26
chidiokay:

Imagine the whites reading comment likes your about your own country what do you think they will categorize you as

Tribalism don spoil una life, make everything sha be bad news so you can wail dem dey pay una for wailing
It's not about tribalism.. I'm Igbo, but If anyone said that the Southeast is the safest region (especially during the peak of the UGM/ESN/Ipob murderous spree), I would spit on the person's face. Reality is reality.
With a thousand dollars now, a visitor/tourist Will have a blast in Lagos, so it's reasonable to say it's a pretty Good place to visit.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Beverlyjean(f): 1:45am On Jan 26
studyless123:

U must be delusional to think any place in the whole of Africa is close to miami osaka or Las Vegas... apart from Johannesburg and may be Rabat ...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by chidiokay: 6:59am On Jan 26
ceejayluv:

It's not about tribalism.. I'm Igbo, but If anyone said that the Southeast is the safest region (especially during the peak of the UGM/ESN/Ipob murderous spree), I would spit on the person's face. Reality is reality.
With a thousand dollars now, a visitor/tourist Will have a blast in Lagos, so it's reasonable to say it's a pretty Good place to visit.

Lagos was enlisted among the Mega city to "VISIT" that is quiet different from "Live" ..... with the kind of landmarks, hospitality, venues and events you find in Lagos how is that a Lie, that you unprivileged to see beautiful places in Lagos does mean they don't exist

if you know Lagos is a good place to visit then why bring up unnecessary arguement in the 1st place, or its an habit to libel Lagos
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by ceejayluv(m): 7:29am On Jan 26
chidiokay:

Lagos was enlisted among the Mega city to "[b]VISIT" that is quiet different from "Live"[/b] ..... with the kind of landmarks, hospitality, venues and events you find in Lagos how is that a Lie, that you unprivileged to see beautiful places in Lagos does mean they don't exist

if you know Lagos is a good place to visit then why bring up unnecessary arguement in the 1st place, or its an habit to libel Lagos

I've noted the correction earlier, why overflogging? For visiting is good, after all people visit Lebanon. I'll leave the argument of infrastructure, living conditions, security And HDI for another day.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by chidiokay: 9:01am On Jan 26
ceejayluv:

I've noted the correction earlier, why overflogging? For visiting is good, after all people visit Lebanon. I'll leave the argument of infrastructure, living conditions, security And HDI for another day.

With a Living horse there is nothing like overflogging, People like you don't read with an open mind thats your problem

No matter the arguement you bring up now or later, Lagos will always be among the top rated city to [b]"LIVE"[/b]among cities in developing countries, emphasis on bolded

though we are far from Best but things can only get Better
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by ceejayluv(m): 9:05am On Jan 26
chidiokay:

With a Living horse there is nothing like overflogging, People like you don't read with an open mind thats your problem

No matter the arguement you bring up now or later, Lagos will always be among the top rated city to "LIVE"among cities in developing countries, emphasis on bolded

though we are far from Best but things can only get Better
We're on the same Page on the emboldened. We can only rub shoulders with 3rd World and allied $hitholes...
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Yestogood: 9:07am On Jan 26
WriterGuide:
This is a random list nah 😂

There are a variety of different parameters. Best city for weirdness, peculiarities, bizarre misbehaviour, unsanitary conditions, etc.
Lagos is the centre of excellence in these respects.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by chidiokay: 9:32am On Jan 26
ceejayluv:

We're on the same Page on the emboldened. We can only rub shoulders with 3rd World and allied $hitholes...

Would you have a jambite rub shoulders with an undergraduate in university,
i think its only logical you compare things with the same "Class" or "level"

Maybe we are in the same book but certainly not on the same Page
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by nesphil(m): 10:47am On Jan 26
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by samrepublic: 11:25am On Jan 26
My people, please let's try to read and comprehend the article. The article is not rating Lagos as best city to live above those cities mentioned. Rather, it says Lagos is one of the places to visit in terms of culture, social life and happenings.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by studyless123: 7:52pm On Jan 26
Beverlyjean:

U must be delusional to think any place in the whole of Africa is close to miami osaka or Las Vegas... apart from Johannesburg and may be Rabat ...

Is your infundibulum ok?

You're acting like one who will constantly mock her friends for not achieving what you have achieved. I asked you a simple question but you couldn't answer. Instead you resort to rants because you don't know anything.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by studyless123: 7:57pm On Jan 26
Revolva:

You asking a dumb question , go to YouTube and search for those cities and see wonders of infrastructures now compare them to ur country best city ...

You're the dumb one here. Where did the article mention comparing infrastructures? You look like someone who will always like to comment on issue that they have no idea about. You can go to YouTube and learn, if an infrastructure interests me, I'll make plans to see for myself.
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Revolva(m): 12:51pm On Jan 27
studyless123:

You're the dumb one here. Where did the article mention comparing infrastructures? You look like someone who will always like to comment on issue that they have no idea about. You can go to YouTube and learn, if an infrastructure interests me, I'll make plans to see for myself.

In ur mind just because ur friend move PH which is not even among the best cities in Africa.. is beautiful abi .....na so una go de mess up de disgrace una self

How can u be asking such questions like whats special abour las vegas miami dubai in dis era of information ....seems you are a block head and a kid

Do one need to be in dubai or miami or london before one can tell that their city is far better than african cities

GtFO
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by lexylaw40kuti: 9:59am On Jan 31
Re: Lagos Beats Dubai, Miami, Ranked 19th Out Of 50 Best Cities In 2024 (list) by Konquest: 8:36am On Feb 10
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-lagos-beats-dubai-miami-ranked-19th-out-of-50-best-cities-in-2024/amp
The article is NOT rating Lagos in Nigeria as the best city to live above those cities mentioned.
Rather, it says Lagos is one of the places to visit in terms of CULTURE, SOCIAL LIFE and HAPPENINGS worldwide. Period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy / Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis / Missing AirAsia Plane: 162 People (Including 17 Children) On Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.