Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola (34487 Views)

Vendease Raises $30m In Series A / Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? / Afe Babalola University Confirms Clement Chigbo As Associate Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by EconomistXplain: 3:49pm On Jan 25
it is a fraudulent payment...who pays 10% to a law firm wen the said amount is in dollars..?

that is a kick back percentage...

2 Likes

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Built2last: 3:49pm On Jan 25
ok
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Zanzibar1: 3:50pm On Jan 25
crestedmazi:

He lost cases not money.
They different things and that is not even the crux of the matter
Invariably, winning a case translate to getting paid na. So what about losing?
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Ironbull: 3:50pm On Jan 25
Paraman:
Agba lawyer. Hard work and grace, brutal combination

For collecting $30m to recovered $300m you see your life

I honestly thank Jah obi never win 2023 election because every of his staunch supporter have one way or the other milk this country directly or indirectly.
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by ppogba: 3:50pm On Jan 25
No wonder Baba's university na BABA university.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by vickthourh(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25
Nice one...
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Zanzibar1: 3:50pm On Jan 25
EconomistXplain:
it is a fraudulent payment...who pays 10% to a law firm wen the said amount is in dollars..?

perhaps it isn't a kickback
grin
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by ppogba: 3:52pm On Jan 25
Zanzibar1:

Invariably, winning a case translate to getting paid na. So what about losing?

Lawyers get paid win or lose.
At least the story he narrated should have told you that even if you do not know before.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by happney65: 3:52pm On Jan 25
Maize247:
Senior lawyer. No wonder the man is still very rich

Baba has always been rich ever since doing his legal business

Person who's personal head office has been in the very centre of Ibadan at Adamasingba maybe before I was born sef . grin grin

Obasanjo doesn't joke with him

Lawyer of all Lawyers!

2 Likes

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Lexusgs430: 3:52pm On Jan 25
If the government was happy to pay him 10%, that's not a problem...........

My issue is what the foolish government, would have done with the balance.......
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Righthussle: 3:52pm On Jan 25
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by AllahOfBlood: 3:53pm On Jan 25
cheesy cheesy

Baba take 10%

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by chidiakwari: 3:53pm On Jan 25
Nigeria is indeed a hell hole

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Zanzibar1: 3:53pm On Jan 25
ppogba:

Lawyers get paid win or lose.
At least the story he narrated should have told you that even if you do not know before.

Alright boss
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by omenka1: 3:54pm On Jan 25
shocked
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by ppogba: 3:54pm On Jan 25
EconomistXplain:

Just try to minimize your ignorance.

Atimes, plenty English do not hide ignorance.

What is kick back in a legal agreement?

Dey there make pant dey wear you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by tritt(m): 3:55pm On Jan 25
Bros i greet, please what of our Min of Aviation, has he won any case as a SAN? My neighbor say make i ask you.

Omihanifa:
Whole olanipekun has taken over
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Zanzibar1: 3:55pm On Jan 25
chidiakwari:
Nigeria is indeed a hell hole
And it's not as if things are getting better
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by chidiakwari: 3:56pm On Jan 25
Zanzibar1:

And it's not as if things are getting better
it will NEVER get better.

Your best bet is to find a legitimate means out of the hell hole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by blackboy2star(m): 3:58pm On Jan 25
This is not Governorship or President case abi PDP, APC case man

Omihanifa:
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Praxis758: 3:58pm On Jan 25
Omihanifa:

Aare Afe Babalola is on a class of his own. Baba has produced more lawyers (SAN) than any other lawyer in Nigeria.

His chamber, Emmanuel Chamber is the largest law firm in West Africa.

Wole Olanipekun is a sound lawyer, but has his marks mostly in the presidential and gubernatorial litigations aspects.

Go and read how Afe Babalola brilliantly made MKO Abiola overcome the hurdles set by IBB for him to be installed the Aare Onakankanfo of Yoruba.

11 Likes

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Zanzibar1: 3:58pm On Jan 25
chidiakwari:
it will NEVER get better.

Your best bet is to find a legitimate means out of the hell hole.
hopefully one day soon

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by essienisrael5(m): 3:59pm On Jan 25
Some people will never learn my brother
crestedmazi:

He lost cases not money.

They different things and that is not even the crux of the matter
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Judolisco(m): 3:59pm On Jan 25
And baba get sense built a world class university in Ekiti... Nice investment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Rickyforeign(m): 4:00pm On Jan 25
You're a wayward family member 😂
SeeWahala:
Yes now. It's part of the law.

A simple whistle blower law that was inacted by bubu to encourage people like you and me to kobalize our uncles and aunties who are stealing and hiding public funds cool It's called the 10% whistle blowers incentive and it is very much in play till today.

Do you have a fraudulent family member, relative or friend? One who doesn't read your WhatsApp messages or texts when you beg for cash? Well. Now is your time to shine cool

KoBaLiZe and chop your percentage clean mouth . . . no time at all wink

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Valuepaints20(m): 4:01pm On Jan 25
Ok
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by cydak(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25
Eraddray:
Agent fee 10%.... grin ... agreement, commission and damages nko grin
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by BreconHills(m): 4:03pm On Jan 25
SAMBARRY:
Sometimes I feel a funny type of way when the older generation peaches about morality and anti corruption and when I talk about the older generation I'm talking about men and women who are 60 years upwards.i say this because if you know the history of Nigeria you will know that they have no right or moral justification to talk about corruption and moral decadence.the financial waste and seeds of discord among siblings, ethnic groups and Even national politics and finance is something else.

They're always telling stories to make themselves look saintly when they were in service but when you dig you will just yinmu and be looking at them deceive themselves

You see the rascality, poverty, pervasive ignorance, almajari, thuggery and all kinds of evil you see in this generation, check well,they have their roots from those elders.

However the Bible and quoran enjoins us to honour our elders.However we honour our elders not because they really deserve it but because we want to fulfill our own part so we will be found blameless before God

No generation has a monopoly on corruption. Access to money and power is the only difference. How old is Betty Edu?

2 Likes

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by qtx(m): 4:04pm On Jan 25
Zanzibar1:
This is real life. He won't tell you about the cases he lost. You can't always be a winner, there will be some times you did not win.

Its those times you did not win that will shape your knowledge and growth. I am more interested in learning about the cases he lost and how he was able to garn a chain of very strong friends. That's where the actual secret is.

Are you a lawyer? why interested in cases he lost, how about learning his technical knockouts for the cases he won, won't you learn from that as well?
Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Paraman: 4:06pm On Jan 25
Ironbull:

For collecting $30m to recovered $300m you see your life

I honestly thank Jah obi never win 2023 election because every of his staunch supporter have one way or the other milk this country directly or indirectly.
Even though I don't understand the nonsense you're crying about, I will love to know how much you have in your bank account wey make $30m be small money to you.

1 Like

Re: I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola by Zanzibar1: 4:06pm On Jan 25
qtx:

Are you a lawyer? why interested in cases he lost, how about learning his technical knockouts for the cases he won, won't you learn from that as well?
OK I should have framed the comment a different way then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Madam Orders Her Apprentices To Fan Her While Sewing (Video) / What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? / Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.