Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,477 members, 7,836,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians (21686 Views)

You Are Ruining Your Car If You Are Guilty Of Any Of The Following / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Figger(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26
Comments wey full here shows how this honorable forum has been highjacked by naive underaged kids. Car is simply a liability, her point is clear. Most people tend to buy a car for luxury and show-off, even without a single landed property in thier name. Now tell me, isn't that foolishness?

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by PricelessGem1: 4:44pm On Jan 26
Poverty mentality is seriously worrying this one. Please keep such nonsense advise to yourself. You think owning a car is luxury. In advanced countries, it's not a big deal to own a car. Even students own cars and that does not mean that they are living flamboyant lives or not planning their futures. A car is a necessity not a luxury, it's a pity that Nigeria has made it look like it's luxury.

2 Likes

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Growing(m): 4:53pm On Jan 26
I'm thinking where this is coming from.

Is she a land seller or ...?
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by queenblossom(f): 5:22pm On Jan 26
My neighbour has 6cars. Even landlord doesn't have up to that . He just want to use car and be oppressing his fellow tenant. This is a man that cannot even drive outside festac environment. If he is going to ikeja he will book Uber yet he owns 6cars to block space

2 Likes

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Greatguy01(m): 5:44pm On Jan 26
I think she's made a good point. Take the message and leave the messenger.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by maasoap(m): 6:15pm On Jan 26
Tochi3:
..her name will tell you the extent of her brain capacity.. grin grin

..is her brain able to fathom that there are tenants who also possess landed properties & still choose to remain tenants.. dis one dey disguise as an intellectual Lady.. grin

..Na dem dem

And how common is that? Lol
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by maasoap(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26
Figger:
Comments wey full here shows how this honorable forum has been highjacked by naive underaged kids. Car is simply a liability, her point is clear. Most people tend to buy a car for luxury and show-off, even without a single landed property in thier name. Now tell me, isn't that foolishness?

PricelessGem1:
Poverty mentality is seriously worrying this one. Please keep such nonsense advise to yourself. You think owning a car is luxury. In advanced countries, it's not a big deal to own a car. Even students own cars and that does not mean that they are living flamboyant lives or not planning their futures. A car is a necessity not a luxury, it's a pity that Nigeria has made it look like it's luxury.

Two opposing opinions. grin grin grin
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:25pm On Jan 26
This one na mumu financial expert flop... undecided

Make she go suck dick as usual...
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Theoarhics: 6:27pm On Jan 26
Depends on the kind car you own. But anyways na yeye expert be this
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by tnerro1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26
Hook up expert has spoken
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Ravenna: 9:03pm On Jan 26
ITbomb:

When you say the car is now worth 1.5, can that 1.5m in 2024 buy the same goods, you could have bought with 650k in 2019?

It doesn't appreciate, it just hold the value to some extent
Yea the car is still valuable upon all the usage and floss.
I know people who bought lands and never lived to build it, same for others who were unfortunate with their acquisitions.

The thing is life doesn't come with manuals, you live, learn and bear the consequences.

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Ravenna: 9:05pm On Jan 26
Ajehkpako4naija:
which car ?
Honda Accord 2007 model.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by bolademi(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26
Truths9ja:
Omo this one hit me ooooo. Nigeria tenants over to you

“As a tenant, you shouldn’t own a car, except it’s for business” – Nigerian Lady says (Video)

In a video clip, a Nigerian lady has come online to advise tenants not to own a car while living in another man’s house except it is for business.

The lady identified as @kemysneh stated that a tenant is not suppose to own a car while living in a rented apartment owned by another man, if the tenant does not own a land or house.

She noted the only genuine reason for a tenant to own a car is to create business or make ends meet. One shouldn’t own a car if it will be use for mobility and enjoyment. She advised the money should be invested on land or purchase a house. Land appreciates unlike car that depreciates and cost more expenses.

Revealing in the video, the lady mentioned ranging amounts at which a tenant can acquired a land or house in underdeveloped areas at affordable price. She also added that paying of house rent at an old age won’t be easy or sending messages to the children when rent is due will be seen as a thing of embarrassment.

She emphasized that it is important for tenants to make plans for their future and create opportunities or investment because it is absurd paying rent in another’s man house at an old age.

https://www.yabaleftonline.ng/tenant-own-car-except-business-nigerian-lady-says-video/

All these ashawo gals just Dey yan anyhow
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Tunagee(m): 12:38am On Jan 27
Tochi3:

..is her brain able to fathom that there are tenants who also possess landed properties & still choose to remain tenants.. dis one dey disguise as an intellectual Lady.. grin

..Na dem dem

Read her post well, ode

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by aribisala0(m): 2:16am On Jan 27
Figger:
A car is a liability but so is a property
There is no economic wisdom in owning a house that you live in it
It may have psychological or spiritual benefits but economically no better to rent if you can get a secure tenancy agreement
is a false sense of sophistication to believe buying property which you live in is investment.
It is not . If you live in your own house you are paying a cost as rent. The opportunity cost of the rent you would have received if you rented it out. Renting it more economical than owning NEARLY ALWAYS . because you don't the down money in a property but can get it to work for you
There is nothing wrong with being a tenant and owning property that are generating income. But property is just one investment instrument of many out there and often is not very efficient
Crucially it lacks fungibility and is not easy to sell for fair price of you need cash in a hurry.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:42am On Jan 27
Tochi3:

..Na dem dem

You knew exactly the set of people she's referring to but choose to act......
Sigh
Smh
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by vivalavida(m): 9:00am On Jan 27
DWJOBScom:

Buy a car but not an expensive one oga
Imagine buying a car worth 15m while a tenant

Are you to dictate to another the amount he should spend in getting himself a comfortable car? Where is it cast in stone that a tenant must not buy a car above #15M? Poverty mentality still hold u.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Oneday82: 9:13am On Jan 27
This was exactly what I did when I newly relocated to Abuja with my wife and my first son 2014 April a day after the Nyanya Bomb Blast. I had to look for one room self contained in a very bad area then in Lugbe. I saw many good and clean house to pay for, and have a good car. But, I set a line for myself that I can only stay in that rented room for just two years. What was the reason of moving into a 2 bedroom of 900k with a 2013 Camry when I don't have my own house? That's foolish and crazy. When my other neighbors were flexing and clubbing a good car, they never knew I have bought a land and start building 🏫 . Fast forward to 2016 I already had 8 properties liters in Abuja , Anambra and Asaba. The financial expert made so much sense if I must say. Why drive a car of 7m or 8m living as a tenant why the landlord you are living in his house is driving a car below 2m. Who is the mumu? What I was trying to say is, plan well and don't measure with others.

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by DWJOBScom(m): 11:34am On Jan 27
vivalavida:

Are you to dictate to another the amount he should spend in getting himself a comfortable car? Where is it cast in stone that a tenant must not buy a car above #15M? Poverty mentality still hold u.

That's how you get old and depend on your children instead of saving up now. Get wisdom and not mouth
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by DWJOBScom(m): 12:03pm On Jan 27
Oneday82:
This was exactly what I did when I newly relocated to Abuja with my wife and my first son 2014 April a day after the Nyanya Bomb Blast. I had to look for one room self contained in a very bad area then in Lugbe. I saw many good and clean house to pay for, and have a good car. But, I set a line for myself that I can only stay in that rented room for just two years. What was the reason of moving into a 2 bedroom of 900k with a 2013 Camry when I don't have my own house? That's foolish and crazy. When my other neighbors were flexing and clubbing a good car, they never knew I have bought a land and start building 🏫 . Fast forward to 2016 I already had 8 properties liters in Abuja , Anambra and Asaba. The financial expert made so much sense if I must say. Why drive a car of 7m or 8m living as a tenant why the landlord you are living in his house is driving a car below 2m. Who is the mumu? What I was trying to say is, plan well and don't measure with others.

Well said and driven
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:43pm On Jan 27
This one na omo wobe nah

She be like person wey get land?

Everybody talking nonsense just to sell market.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by CassieSunshine(f): 1:55pm On Jan 27
Sounds like a nonentity
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by yak(m): 2:45pm On Jan 28
Truths9ja:
You shouldn’t own a car, if you are a house tenant — Financial expert advice Young Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rYuj4xBYnU?si=GMq9TnQ9jcPteTmz

This is nonsense talk.
I'm even rethinking building house at ages below 50.
You might get bigger and won't like the environment you built the house.
This is currently my circumstance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC / Why A Car Catches Fire, And How You Can Stop Yours From Being The Next / What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.