Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Good Day NL My First Novel CHARMAINE, Enjoy Let Me Know What You Think - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Good Day NL My First Novel CHARMAINE, Enjoy Let Me Know What You Think (122 Views)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide / Hacked:romance And Action Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Day NL My First Novel CHARMAINE, Enjoy Let Me Know What You Think by berry1999: 4:52am On Jan 26
Charmaine
Chapter 1:The beginning

Charmaine Okezie layed on her bed , it is 5:30am in the morning, her eyes still shut she is fast asleep, and then suddenly she saw a lightning, like a flash, it was frightening the ground vibrating, itis all foggy all she could see is heavy lightning striking on the ground, and then there was a heavy thud which sounded like a canon, boom, boom, boom.....Wake up! Charmie, it's 6:00 am and you're still in bed! Charmaine sprang up from the bed,oh mommy good morning...i have been knocking on your door and no response, mrs Okezie said, so i decided to come in! didn't you hear your alarm? sorry mommy i didn't.now get up and go prepare for school, ok mom.break fast is on the table i made tea and bread. Charmaine is the only daughter of Mr and Mrs Okezie,they've been married for twenty years,Mr Okezie is an oral surgeon in"save lives" hospital,Mrs Okezie is a chef, she runs a restaurant of her own.
"O my God mom there is not even enough sugar in my tea" Charmaine said, too much sugar is not good for your teeth, her mom replies.
Charmaine, a fourteen years old girl and student of bookworm high and, she's known to be one of the brightest students among her peers and she's being loved by many in school because of her cuteness, intelligence and her comedic clumsiness. You're late, mrs Okezie said. Charmaine hurried down the stairs,kissed her mom goodbye and left.
In school the atmosphere is full of energy,pupil walking up and down,parents dropping off their children in school, teachers arriving in staff buses.Charmaine alighted in from the school bus and then a hand covers her eyes from behind, i know is you Bridget, Charmaine said with a smile, how did you know? Bridget asked, looking surprised, from the perfume you always wear, Charmaine said, ooh! I think I should change my perfume now, Bridget said with a smile .Bridget has been a close friend of Charmaine,they've known each other since they were twelve. Have you seen Layana today?Bridget asked as they walked down the corridor, no why? Charmaine replied,i overheard Principal Chuks saying that Layana is ill, we should go visit her soon to know how she is doing,that would be good, Charmaine replies.
The bell rang and they all went to the devotion ground,the hall was filled with blue and black uniforms,after praying and singing the national anthem, devotion was being dismissed, each to class rooms.
Ok! class, what do we have today? ok, biology.who can tell me what can be seen in decaying vegetation in fresh and saltwater,wet soil and animals,with the aid of a microscope? a hand was raised and and mrs constance pointed at Uzor, “spirogyra” the whole class roared with laughter,and mrs constance quiet down the pupils and waited for someone else to answer correctly,and Nigel raised his hand and answered "amoeba" mrs constance thanks him for his answer,and afterward a classwork was given to them, and within a number of periods, they went for a lunch break.
Charmaine! Nigel called, charmaine stopped along the hallway.Nigel has always had a thing for charmaine ever since he came to book worm high but that has been a secret between he and Uzor his friend. Hi ..Nigel said with a grin on his face, hi Nigel, charmaine responded, my family is having a dinner party tomorrow night, it would be a pleasure if i…i see you there i’d really… like that.Ok Nigel, charmaine replies, i will think about it, cool… I will be expecting you, and Nigel left with a smile on his face.
Then a voice from behind charmaine whispered “he likes you” and charmaine with a sharp turn, replied, Bridget! How long have you been standing there? Not quite long but I can see the chemistry between you two,Bridget said, almost teasing her. O! Please, he is just inviting me to a dinner party. Charmaine sounded defensively.Trust me friend when I sense something, I am always right,said bridget. Ok we have to go back to our classrooms now, the lunch break is over,Charmaine said, walking away bridget smiled,as they walked down the corridor.
Charmaine is already at home studying and her dad arrives in Charmaine's room.How was school today Charmie ? school was fine … Good Evening dad, I hope everything is fine? Yes dad..goodnight love… sleep tight, her dad finally said.
Charmaine finished her dinner and retired to bed and finally her eyes were shut

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Day NL My First Novel CHARMAINE, Enjoy Let Me Know What You Think by atiku4President(m): 5:25am On Jan 26
Encouraging

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Poem: For A While / Content Writer / Copywriter/content Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.