Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? (837 Views)

Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Christians Which Society Do You Belong To In Church? / 8 Facts That Proove All White Garment Churches Are Demon Possessed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? by joyuchesun: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
[b]There has been alot of criticism of churches on this website. However, not all churches are led by corrupt leaders. Some churches actually do great things in their communities as well as with their congregations. These churches are places of refuge during times of crisis and the church leaders serve as pillars of strength and lead by example. These churches fulfill the commands of Jesus to clothe the naked, feed the poor, and help those who suffer. Churches are at the forefront of helping to reduce disease in many communities by teaching congregation members about healthy life practices, exercise, proper nutrition, health check ups, etc. They also assist with fixing one's finances, buying a home, marital issues, etc. What is wrong with this?

Not all churches are mega churches looking to steal people's money, and this distinction must be made. To paint broad strokes that all churches are corrupt would be inaccurate.

Does anyone here belong to a church that should be commended for what it is doing?[/b]
Re: All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2011
True !!
Re: All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? by Joagbaje(m): 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
joyuchesun:
Does anyone here belong to a church that should be commended for what it is doing?[/b]

Frosbel, answer the question, which church do you recommend?. Let's follow you to your church. Or you want us hanging on the streets !
Re: All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? by JeSoul(f): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2011
I love my local church - pentecostal by the way.

The pastors live on the campus - so everyone can see how they live and what they drive and how they carry themselves. Once a year, there is a business meeting where all the church financials are laid bare for everyone to see how the funds are being spent - including how much the staff are being paid in salary. There is complete and total transparency. The church also does a lot of good things in the community - no need to mention, the Lord Himself knows.

There is an established board of leadership - deacons and elders who are leaders within the church. Church elections are held every year to re-elect new deacons/trustees etc . . so the leaders are chosen by the church - not by the richest or most influential.

One thing I really love about the head pastor, he's so honest & humble. He's tells the entire church if someone comes to him with a complaint - or even to rebuke him! He apologizes when its necessary and rebukes others when they're at fault. He's direct and honest with the messages but yet sensitive enough to show mercy & compassion when it is needed. And he's down to earth enough to play pick-up basketball with my husband & other younger people in the church lol. Now a man of God like this I respect 1000% and will do my part to pray for him and support him in his ministry & family.
Re: All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? by JeSoul(f): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2011
My church did our version of "The Biggest Loser" . . . the show were contestants battle to see who can lose the most weight. A fantastic idea with the goal to not only help members live healthier but also raise funds for a missions trip. Mehn see 100s of pounds that were lost and the before/after pictures on display during sunday morning service lol. I didn't even recognize the deacon self, the pot belly that he lost ehn  grin at least twins  grin
Re: All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

Frosbel, answer the question, which church do you recommend?. Let's follow you to your church. Or you want us hanging on the streets !

Listen to this 1 minute sermon from a pastor at my church

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7CXNvenCc?version=3&hl=en[/flash]
Re: All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? by joyuchesun: 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Jesoul I love that example of the biggest loser. People do not realize the power of the church in encouraging people to healthy behavior. The doctor may say it but sometimes it means so much more coming from the church community. With obesity and so many chronic illnesses like diabetes and hypertension going out of control, church initiatives have been found to be quite effective!

(1) (Reply)

Part 31 ‘the Priest And Nuns Must Marry’ (e) / You Are A Mobile Barn Of Seeds / Buzz Words Used In Spiritually Abusive Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.