Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name (45963 Views)

AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro / If You Have Never Been To Lagos , You Have Never Been To Africa- CAF President / NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by infotrust(m): 9:32am On Jan 28
Confederation of African Football, CAF, has described Victor Osimhen as the Lion of Africa.

The football body also used the popular ‘no gree for anybody’ slogan to describe how the 25-year-old made possible Nigeria’s first goal in their 2-0 win over Cameroon on Saturday night.

DAILY POST reports that Nigeria defeated Cameroon 2-0 in their 2023 Africa Cup of Nations Round of 16 clash on Saturday.

Ademola Lookman scored twice in each half to hand Nigeria a famous win over the Indomitable Lions.

Victor Osimhen broke free and laid off a pass to Lookman, who saw his weak finish trickle pass the line to give the three times African champions their first goal.

Posting a video of the Napoli star’s celebration after Nigeria’s first goal, CAF wrote on its official X handle, “Lion of Africa no gree for anybody! Ginger o porrr! No retreat, no surrender.”

Nigeria will now play Angola in the quarter final of the competition.

Angola had earlier beaten Namibia 3-0 to secure a place in the last 8.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/28/afcon-no-gree-for-anybody-caf-gives-osimhen-new-name/

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by MisterBanny(m): 9:47am On Jan 28
Una don start.
But when the British hail their own players now, u call it overhype.
I wish him well and pray he continues to achieve greater things. Nigerians are delighted.

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by buygala(m): 9:48am On Jan 28
Big name wey dey kill small dog grin..

It's actually a worrisome thing that Osimhen is the best footballer Africa has to offer this period...

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Austindark(m): 9:48am On Jan 28
Osimhen was really impressive yesterday.
His movements on and off the ball was topnotch.
He deserves any positive nickname he gets.

On another news, there was a country in west Africa. They have already prepared memes to mock us, hoping that we will lose to Cameroon.

But in 2024, "we noh dey gree for anybody"

256 Likes 14 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Fryx: 9:48am On Jan 28
Cameroon won’t like this.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Seunpapa65: 9:48am On Jan 28
I see Nigeria going far let the defenders keep tackling victor why lookman keep scoring cheesy grin

185 Likes 14 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by donjosh47: 9:48am On Jan 28
Osim bby

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by PinkNature: 9:48am On Jan 28
What do you think about our coach?

8 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by saviourGeorge: 9:48am On Jan 28
The Boy is good
I'll like to see him play in England

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by SirdeKay: 9:49am On Jan 28
A befitting title

12 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by TheClassic1(m): 9:49am On Jan 28
All na mouth grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Vocalessence(f): 9:49am On Jan 28
I heard someone call him Osim bu ndu(Osi is life). Who doesn't want to associate with my Osim? He deserves the economium.

I'm a voice over artist bring all works to my table, and allow me create that sweet magic that will fetch you that sales.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Coolestguy2023: 9:49am On Jan 28
He deserves it 100%

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Stopmyaddict: 9:49am On Jan 28
Cc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by AngelicBeing: 9:49am On Jan 28
cheesy

13 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by RealLordZeus(m): 9:49am On Jan 28
He deserves the title

8 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Slymonster(m): 9:49am On Jan 28
His work rate and team work is good. Some strikers will not pass that ball, after he bullied that defender and pass to lookman.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by AntiChristian: 9:49am On Jan 28
Ginger o pọ̀!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by DMerciful(m): 9:49am On Jan 28
Osimhen should not allow himself to be distracted.

This eulogizing should come at the end when the trophy is lifted

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by KennyLenz(m): 9:49am On Jan 28
He put the 3 defenders of Cameroun on their toes yesterday.
Baba ba one man army.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Etinkay12: 9:49am On Jan 28
Its his energy for me

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by nstore: 9:50am On Jan 28

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Space131: 9:50am On Jan 28
Good player

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by webincomeplus(m): 9:50am On Jan 28
MisterBanny:
Una don start.
But when the British hail their own players now, u call it overhype
You're not getting it. The British overhype theirs while ignoring ours. We hype everyone who deserves the hype whether theirs or ours.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by idolda: 9:50am On Jan 28
Although we played very well but We are lucky they used Ondoa who happened to be a cousin to Onana and very incompetent at his job, no wonder an 18year old boy is picked as first choice in his club . As worse as Onana is I don't think that weak shot would have escaped him. Thank God Cameroon no get better goalkeeper to the advantage of our country.

4 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by spartachico(m): 9:50am On Jan 28
Yes oo he deserves it and more , even suppose to be man of the match ,just because he did not score a goal but he did a good job disguising the Cameroon defenders while Ademola Lookman did the job.... Great team effort

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by alizma: 9:51am On Jan 28
Supported
Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Joconceptbest4(m): 9:51am On Jan 28
Definitely he is after drogba.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by MisterBanny(m): 9:51am On Jan 28
webincomeplus:

You're not getting it. The British overhype theirs while ignoring ours. We hype everyone who deserves the hype whether theirs or ours.

I understand bro. We are all happy as Nigerians. I pray they come back home with the Trophy.
Pls bro, help me with something to cure this hunger. I'm scared

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by Mfonessien01: 9:52am On Jan 28
The guy na really football hustler.
Well deserved titleet

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by bluefilm: 9:52am On Jan 28
Osimhen really tried yesterday

He was constantly challenging for the ball thus giving the cameroonian defenders no breathing space at all

18 Likes

Re: AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:52am On Jan 28
Title well deserved!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record / Kelechi Iheanacho Shows Dance Moves In Dressing Room After FA CUP Win (Photos) / This Lionel Messi Meme Will Have You Reeling With Laughter ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.