Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos (261 Views)

Swedes Get Microchip Implants After COVID Passport Mandate / COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / 24-Year-Old Lady Who Survived Breast Cancer Shares Her Story & Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos by Pointblank09(m): 12:42pm On Jan 28
Actress Nicole Eggert, who recently announced her breast cancer diagnosis said she regrets going under the knife for a breast augmentation at 18 while starring on the “Baywatch” show.

“I look at all these younger girls doing it and think, ‘God, leave your bodies alone!’” she told People in an interview published Saturday, according to a report in Page Six.

“But when you have to put on that one-piece and it’s like, you’re so flat that it’s like, pleating — you got pleats across the front — You’re like, ‘What is this?’” she recalled.

“Nothing you can do. You can’t stuff it with anything. You can’t do anything.”

Eggert was not physically or mentally prepared to film in a tiny swimsuit every day.

The “Charles in Charge” alum said she had no idea she landed a spot on “Baywatch” and at the time thought she would be acting on a spinoff series about high school students in Malibu.

“It was a stupid 18-year-old decision,” she said.

Eggert, 52, has since undergone a series of breast augmentations — including a reduction that was documented on the E! show “Botched” in 2015.

Earlier this month, the mom of two’s chest was in the news for a different reason — she revealed she had stage 2 cribriform carcinoma.

At the time of her announcement, Eggert said she was waiting to get into the operating room to have the painful lump in her left breast removed and to find out when she could start chemotherapy.

The “Blown Away” actress admitted she often “panics” knowing that the cancer is “growing” inside her with “every second that passes.”

The most difficult part for her is the thought of leaving her daughters, Dilyn, 25, and Keegan, 12.

“[Dilyn’s] an adult, but I have a 12-year-old at home where I’m the only caregiver. I have no family. I have nothing,” she explained.

“It’s just so overwhelming, and I’m just doing everything I can not to spiral.”

Eggert’s close friend Mindy Molinary has created a GoFundMe page for her to help with her costly upcoming treatments.

“[Eggert] is tenacious and has always found a way to get by, but this is different,” the pal wrote on the crowdfunding platform.

“She will be unable to work while undergoing surgery and treatments. She has a long, scary road ahead and has a terrible time asking for help.”

“I implore you to help my friend afford her medical bills as well as feel secure that she won’t be left without a home for her family during this extremely trying time,” Molinary added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/leave-your-bodies-alone-actress-regrets-implants-after-breast-cancer-diagnosis/
Re: ‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos by Nbote(m): 1:01pm On Jan 28
Will they listen People wey no listen to God and want to replace and adjust everything God created themselves. Lashes, eye color, lips, boobs, nyash, teeth, hair, kpekus...

Re: ‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos by muyico(m): 1:04pm On Jan 28
Those girls no dey read news, they dey fb and watsapp now,

1 Like

Re: ‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos by Westerhoffe(m): 1:05pm On Jan 28
Cheat nature, regret it later.

All those going through body enhancement surgery, if only you know that with time, as you age, your body will no longer support all these surgeries.
Re: ‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos by finallybusy: 1:39pm On Jan 28
If she never got cancer, she won’t regret. Abegi, life goes on.
Re: ‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos by Originalsly: 3:10pm On Jan 28
I guess when people warn them about the dangers they take it as discouragement. I do have to enter one such body shaping place ... the feeling is like entering a maternity ward. I can't believe women pay a whole lot of money to be tortured into temporary shape .... then comes maintenance. Imagine a woman do breast implants and butt enlargement to look the perfect 10 ... then some stress in her life causes her to lose a whole lot of weight .... will her breasts and butt be reducing proportionately? .... no way.
Re: ‘leave Your Bodies Alone’ – Actress Regrets Implants After Breast Cancer Diagnos by jesmond3945: 8:14pm On Jan 28
Nbote:
Will they listen People wey no listen to God and want to replace and adjust everything God created themselves. Lashes, eye color, lips, boobs, nyash, teeth, hair, kpekus...
is not easy brother for a woman trust me. A woman find it hard to control her insecurity. Is like a big wood that lives inside their head.

(1) (Reply)

Doctors/nurse Help Me Out! / An Experienced Proven Hair Designer / Fumigation Of Your Apartment Enhances Your Family Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.