Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) (47676 Views)

Recent Photos Of Tanya Okpala By Governor Soludo / Anambra Government Rescues US-Based Tennis Champion, Tania Okpala / Chuma Okeke Chikezie 'KZ' Okpala, Olumiye 'Miye' Oni Made 2019 NBA Draft In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by MadeINchenzen2: 2:58pm On Jan 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf1h2sAiUUc

Former Nigerian professional tennis player, Tanya Okpala, has been found mentally unstable and wandering the streets of Awka, Anambra State.

Tanya, who represented Nigeria in tennis during the 1990s, is a half-cast with a mother from Belarus and a father of Igbo extraction.

In a video shared across social media, the former tennis champion appeared unstable and was seen begging for money and drinks.

During a conversation with an unidentified man in the video, the tennis star, seemingly nursing a wound on her left leg, stated that she is a former lawn tennis player who has been abandoned.

She mentioned that she has been labeled a prostitute by people in the areas and has been asked to return to her country but considers herself an Igbo lady.

She however, appealed for help saying that she is planning to return to her village the next day to care for her daughter.

She said in parts, “I was a former lawn tennis champion in Nigeria. I don’t know if you are familiar with Tanya Okpala and Jacqueline Okwueze during those days. I played tennis for Nigeria and Africa.”

When asked about using any recreational center for her health, she declined to answer, stating, “I think if somebody is very mentally sick, I don’t think it is my business how the person is taking care of himself or herself.”

Tanya Okpala (Fmr Tennis champion) is now in the custody of the Anambra State Government. She was with the Commissioner of Women Affairs when my wife spoke with her on the phone. My government will ensure her rehabilitation and fruitful reunion with her daughter and family.
Chukwuma Charles SOLUDO, CFR

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Jidics: 3:03pm On Jan 28
This is not funny at all

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Nackzy: 3:03pm On Jan 28
This life sef

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 3:04pm On Jan 28
May Help find her🙏

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Jeon(f): 3:08pm On Jan 28
Just know that if you are representing Nigeria, in anything, especially sport know that you will be all alone when things went down..

She is not the first Nigerian sportsman we see ending up like this.

So I don't blame pple that do erase Nigeria, away from their names in any of their occupations.

156 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by complink: 3:12pm On Jan 28
While you're enjoying your life now, buying fine clothes, shoes, phones, data, fuel, paying rent, eating fastfood, remember you're not living for today alone.

Spend wisely

260 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by EmeeNaka: 3:36pm On Jan 28
Drug?
How did she get to that situation?
Well, Nigeria is not easy right now for many people.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Solofresh2: 3:37pm On Jan 28
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by illicit(m): 4:34pm On Jan 28
😳

3 Likes

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28
When u make money think of investing a portion of it. Don't waste ur life thinking that pple or government will help u for once doing something that gave u money nd fame. If u want to be helped by the government because u`re a celeb what of the teachers, doctors, security personnel, etc that gave their best yrs to the country nd yet no one remembers them?

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by pacino26(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28
Who made the video and how best can she be contacted. Op kindly share details.

For those quoting me, my request on how to reach her was made before the intervention of the Anambra State Government. I had people with genuine concerns. We are relieved she got the needed help.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Ohraykon: 7:29pm On Jan 28
Na drug situation

4 Likes

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by sacajawea: 7:45pm On Jan 28
MadeINchenzen2:

Were you that Chinese Girl popular on NL romance section some years back? 2019, 2018??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by matify83: 9:45pm On Jan 28
So sad

Someone with connections to the Minister of women affair should help tag her please.

This is the person that needs rehabilitation and not the "soldier girl" they are trying to silence from exposing those depraved army "red necks"

I really hope this turns out good for Tanya.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by ImoleNaija: 10:02pm On Jan 28
I'm glad the govt intervened.

23 Likes

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 28
I see her getting the help she needs. I see kind hearted Nigerians flying her abroad.

This I have seen.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28
That's bad, and obi the reactor is yet to react...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Slytiger: 10:03pm On Jan 28
Na waoh. She looks like she is on something.

Likely Mkpururu miriri.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Konquest: 10:03pm On Jan 28
MadeINchenzen2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf1h2sAiUUc

Chukwuma Charles SOLUDO, CFR
I'm glad help came at last for Tanya Okpala ( born in 1982). I remember she used to play lawn tennis as a kid alongside her sister Katya Okpala back in the 1990s and schooled in the U.S.

I must commend the guy who did the video and intelligently asked her questions which made her reveal her identify as Tanya. Though she was well-spoken in the video, she obviously needs some professional mental health therapy and hard drugs detox. She deflected a question the man in the video asked her to know if she's on any recreational drugs.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by justking(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28
Pity
Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Emman08: 10:03pm On Jan 28
See why many Nigerians choose to play for their naturalized countries abi

18 Likes

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Mordson: 10:04pm On Jan 28
I'm glad Soludo came to the rescue.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by jiz: 10:04pm On Jan 28
May healing hand of God rest upon her.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by virginboy1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28
undecided undecided
Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Artscollection: 10:05pm On Jan 28
Pathetic to say the least.
Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Cassandraloius: 10:05pm On Jan 28
Hmm.... What happened?
Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Edusouls(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28
Well done Proffesor Charles soludo , I like the good heart of this man

7 Likes

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Hajim: 10:05pm On Jan 28
Mehn
Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by EEIA: 10:06pm On Jan 28
Jeon:
Just know that if you are representing Nigeria, in anything, especially sport know that you will be all alone when things went down..

She is not the first Nigerian sportsman we see ending up like this.

So I don't blame pple that do erase Nigeria, away from their names in any of their occupations.
Shebi you no go stop the murder English?

😁

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by obinna58(m): 10:06pm On Jan 28
She probably got evicted new into the street due to the state of economy, she should be taken out of the street else touts go eat her up

10 Likes

Re: Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video) by Honestey: 10:06pm On Jan 28
I think her problem is more like depression probably caused by lack of affection from lover and friends.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Of His Kids Are Not His / Kelechi Iheanacho, Teammates Meet With Sheikh Mansour. PICS / Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.