Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,380 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter (7608 Views)

Michael Jackson's Chaotic Bedroom In Unseen Photos: / Michael Jackson’s Doctor Face Trial At The Court / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by MrWhy1(m): 11:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

Its not a celebrity thing, its more of a cultural issue.
More people in first world countries are more likely to be addicted to drugs legal or illegal cool
They have more discretionary income.Social stigmas that exist in poorer countries deter drug use.

That euphemism is wrong and baseless.  We all live in one world as far as nature is concerned.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
Mr--Why:

That euphemism is wrong and baseless.  We all live in one world as far as nature is concerned.

so nigeria and germany should be classified as one world? grin grin grin grin
i like this guy already. grin
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by polokor60(m): 12:03am On Nov 08, 2011
nobody can cheat nature.mj and stella obj paid dearly with their lives.i like the way my mama give birth to me oooooo.dr murray was the scapegoat.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by moshoodn(m): 12:05am On Nov 08, 2011
So bad for him.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 12:07am On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

nigerian celebrities have more self-control would describe it more aptly.

That so called "self control", I already described as the influence of cultural norms and attitudes,  coolGawd, movin on.

The thread is already resembling one of those Al-jazeera*hate everything west* ones

Sheeesh.Seriously get a grip.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by emmatok(m): 12:12am On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

how come your own doctor hasn't made you a junkie?
would a doctor force drugs on his patient?

michael jackson was a celebrity. he would get what he wants from any doctor. we all know how this could have panned out.
propofol isn't supposed to be administered outside a hospital environment but i can tell you every doctor in america would administer it to michael if he had demanded it. it boils down to professionalism versus compromising

good luck to conrad murray!
someone had to pay for michael jackson's death.

Micheal Jackson or any celebrity  demand on drug use is not the issue here.

Were are talking about ethics and professionalism, any Doc that ignores that will blame him-self.

Doctor Murray loosed  one of his practice licence and his other licences might go.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 12:13am On Nov 08, 2011
kabukabu50:

That so called "self control", I already described as the influence of cultural norms and attitudes,  coolGawd, movin on.

The thread is already resembling one of those Al-jazeera*hate everything west* ones

Sheeesh.Seriously get a grip.

i don't hate the west - just stating facts that africans tend to have more self-control and more balanced than their counterparts in the west.
nigerian celebrities will definitely be taking drugs - but with self control.

emmatok:

Micheal Jackson or any celebrity  demand on drug use is not the issue here.

We're are talking about ethics and professionalism, any Doc that ignores that will blame him-self.

Doctor Murray has loosed  one of his practice licence and his other licences might go.

emmatok, biko.
i am not wearing my bulletproof vest this evening.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by MrWhy1(m): 12:20am On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

so nigeria and germany should be classified as one world? grin grin grin grin
i like this guy already. grin

We all breath the same O2 and are mortal beings. If they want to be really classified as first world, they should build some type of craft and relocate to some planet outside of the universe entirely where immortality awaits them.

Under-developed, developing and developed sound more reasonable though cool.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 12:23am On Nov 08, 2011
Mr--Why:

We all breath the same O2 and are mortal beings. If they want to be really classified as first world, they should build some type of craft and relocate to some planet outside of the universe entirely where immortality awaits them.

Under-developed, developing and developed sound more reasonable though cool.

under developed - 3rd
developing -2nd
developed - 1st.

happy now? grin
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Limaoscar: 12:24am On Nov 08, 2011
Any discerning person would have seen his conviction coming.
The evidence against him was quite significant.
So here's another black man looking at 4 years staring @ prison bars.

Yep! plus lose his practice licences, Dumb Axxrse grenadan!! I hear it runs in the family.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by r231(m): 12:31am On Nov 08, 2011
Limaoscar:

Yep! plus lose his practice licences, Dumb Axxrse grenadan!! I hear it runs in the family.

he can still practice in another state
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by MrWhy1(m): 12:37am On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

under developed - 3rd
developing -2nd
developed - 1st.

happy now? grin

Noooo. Just waiting for the day to say it to them right in their face, then I will be happy grin. They are good with coded words and words are powerful. "Sub Sahara Africa", "black death", "black market", black Monday" etc. Whats up with all that.    Anyways, night.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by ijawgirl: 12:41am On Nov 08, 2011
I think the fault lies on both of them, but mainly on the doctor because he was supposed to be in-charge of Michael, Michael was an addict and needed help,, but that doctor was just too careless with Michael's life,
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by r231(m): 12:52am On Nov 08, 2011
ijaw_girl:

I think the fault lies on both of them, but mainly on the doctor because he was supposed to be in-charge of Michael, Michael was an addict and needed help,, but that doctor was just too careless with Michael's life,

how do you knw undecided
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by EvilBrain1(m): 12:52am On Nov 08, 2011
This case is complete nonsense. I understand that Conrad Murray's use of Propofol was unusual, but doctors commonly prescribe medications for off-label uses. The fact is that Conrad Murray is a consultant physician and is therefore and authority in his field. It doesn't matter if he was beating Michael on the head with shovel as long as it was his professional opinion that shovel-beating was in his patient's best interest. The fact is that doctors have to make risky decisions as part of their job and no matter how careful they are, some patients are going to suffer or die as a result of those decisions. If there are concerns over the standard of care MJ received, then the Medical Board of California should hold a hearing and strip him of his license. It makes no sense for a jury of laymen to be second-guessing a highly qualified professional with years of experience.

It would be fine if they thought that he deliberately killed MJ, but nobody is saying that. At worst he was a bit reckless and wasn't paying attention to his patient at a crucial time. The guy has basically been dragged in front of a jury because of a momentary lapse in concentration. What happened is very sad but no doctor should have to worry about going to prison because of the care they give to their patients.

This case puts all doctors at risk. And in the end, it'll be the patients that'll suffer. The next Michael Jackson is going to have a really hard time finding a qualified doctor to take care of him. And if doctors are worrying about going to jail, it'll lead to more defensive medicine. And fewer sick people will get better.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 1:06am On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

i don't hate the west - just stating facts that africans tend to have more self-control and more balanced than their counterparts in the west.
nigerian celebrities will definitely be taking drugs - but with self control.

emmatok, biko.
i am not wearing my bulletproof vest this evening.

Darn, the stuff that people put on the internet these days, just mindblowing.
Self control my behind, if africans do, how come we have not applied it to intellectual science and developed technologies that surpass western ideas, how come we are tied in in relentless corruption, how come we can't harness our own resources to make positive changes in our environment. cool cool cool

I guess not, maybe we need some more of the "western drugs" to enable our *creative genes*

child please.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by yommysomguy(m): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2011
ijaw_girl:

do you think as a doctor it is easy controlling a celeb like MJ?
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 08, 2011
The simple truth there is dat Dr conrad murry can not be completely exonerated from that crime.look at it frm dis scenario,why did he leave michael jackson afta administerin d drug knwin fully well hw power d anaesthetic could be.and also knwin fully well dat d drug ws nt meant to be given at home.and anoda separate investigation showd dat he made series of calls between d time he gave him d drug and the time michael jackson died.why didnt he call d emergency service immediately he found out jackson ws nt breathin any more instead he ws givin him CPR on his bed instead of floor?why ws he cautious of hidin d drugs and d equipments used in administerin d drug before callin d emergency service?? well for people dat didnt knw before,Dr conrad murray calld michael jackson on the eve of his most advertised london concert.pls ask illumnati nt me okay.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 1:42am On Nov 08, 2011
kabukabu50:

Darn, the stuff that people put on the internet these days, just mindblowing.
Self control my behind, if africans do, how come we have not applied it to intellectual science and developed technologies that surpass western ideas, how come we are tied in in relentless corruption, how come we can't harness our own resources to make positive changes in our environment. cool cool cool

how you can put self control and knowledge in the same realm baffles me.
what has self control gotta do with knowledge?

I guess not, maybe we need some more of the "western drugs" to enable our *creative genes*

we don' need the western posion.
there's a universe of difference between self control and knowledge. . . . civilization got to africa very very late.
what's the suicide rate in the western world? what is it in africa??
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by ak47mann(m): 2:07am On Nov 08, 2011
Good for him careless doctor cool cool
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 2:09am On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

how you can put self control and knowledge in the same realm baffles me.
what has self control gotta do with knowledge?

we don' need the western posion.
there's a universe of difference between self control and knowledge. . . . civilization got to africa very very late.
what's the suicide rate in the western world? what is it in africa??

That "self control" is not inherently present in african DNA or however you want me to explain it to you.
Like I previously put it, there are different cultural factors that come into play  cool

facepalm. wink
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by mechris: 2:10am On Nov 08, 2011
Truth is ;Michael Jackson was already a dead man walking before he met Dr Murray.Dr Murray was just the fall guy.LIke they say; a drowning man would always look for some one to go down with.Its a pity it went this way but lets wait for the details of the verdict, thats where the twist might just play out to Dr . Murrays favour, may be a suspended sentence.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by cmon(m): 2:42am On Nov 08, 2011
Still wondering why he's receiving only 4 years. Receiving a paycheck of $150,000 from Micheal Jackson for God knows how long. He'll probably just go to jail to think about what to do with all the wealth he had accumulated.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 08, 2011
Probably Murray bleached Jackson skin and fix a plastic nose for him too. The dermatologist that helped him bleached his skin'which later become excuse of Vitiligo) SHOULD ALSO BE PUNISHED!

He's been used as a scapegoat!
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Theblessed(f): 3:04am On Nov 08, 2011
[b][size=16pt]But what can you do if you're naturally a compassionate person?  Compassionate people are easily drawn to work of mercy, performing compassionate roles and, doing it out of sheer human sympathy - and that can be ruinous to their health, career and life and pocket.

It's a pity what happened to Dr Conrad.  Michael Jackson and his lifestyle has ruined a decent gentleman, who only went to help a walking ZOMBIE trying to take others to the abyss with him.  Imagine, his home was nothing less but a Pharmacy?  Is that a normal life?  No wonder, he ended up that way.

In retrospect, we wish Dr Conrad hadn't even heard of, talk less of seen and let alone touch that atomic bomb they called Michael Jackson, that was waiting to explode at the time. In Igbo language we call his kind, 'Ocho nga na oko'. grin grin grin  And that means, a dangerous and risky individual!!! Not quite sure if I got the interpretation correct but anyone can help here!

Well Dr Conrad, experience they say is the best teacher and that's also, a learning curve for everyone in Healthcare - to watch that compassionate Inner-man in them.  You see, sometimes, that Good Samaritan Spirit in us all can be damaging to our health therefore, we must apply common sense in these things, by not letting our hearts rule your heads!

It's a pity, it ended this way!
[/size][/b]
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kaze4blues(m): 3:45am On Nov 08, 2011
poor murray has loads of evidences against him 2 show he is guilty even frm m.j's producer, instrumentalist etc. I jst hp he gets a fair trial
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Odunnu: 5:29am On Nov 08, 2011
Who's next?
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by jevic(m): 5:38am On Nov 08, 2011
Since the judgement was involuntary manslaughter,they should fine him and grant him bail. Make them free him.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Gozzzy(m): 6:16am On Nov 08, 2011
addiction resistant rate of naija aje kpako celebs, is far greater than that of oyibo aje bota celebz, therefore naija to take weda na propofol,lorazepam,cocaine,opium,weed,igbo, name it,can neva induce fatal addiction as much as the oyibos(whites)
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by marcus1234: 6:19am On Nov 08, 2011
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by drgica74: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2011
My brother, what you said is true, propofol should not be given outside a hospital but I bet you, celebrities are one of the most difficult people to treat as a Doctor because they determine what they want and how they want it.

MJ Doctor knew all these, but the 150,000 dollars a month was too enticing for him, that he was then taking instructions from MJ instead of the reverse,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beauty Of Transsexuals( Male To Female Edition) / Facebook User Wants To Know Why Timi Dakolo Allegedly Said His Wife Was A Virgin / Dr Dre Daughter,38, Is Living Out Of A Car Despite Begging Help From Father(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.