Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter (7605 Views)

Michael Jackson's Chaotic Bedroom In Unseen Photos: / Michael Jackson’s Doctor Face Trial At The Court / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by mukina2: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
Dr . Conrad Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter

A jury finds Michael Jackson's former doctor guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Dr. Conrad Murray gave Jackson a fatal dose of Propofol back in June of 2009.

The jury reached its verdict today after deliberating for less than nine hours.

Jackson's family is also at the courthouse.

Joe Hegarty - Producer

http://www.wgme.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wgme_vid_9869.shtml
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
ridiculous judgement!
the celebrity factor counted here. if he was any regular joe, this conrad murray wouldn't even be in court.
nansense!

other doctors of celebrities better learn from this.
they should all resign straight up. most of these celebrities are junkies.
and when they die - the doctors become the killers.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by ochukoccna: 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
^^^
Who made Jackson a junkie?
Was it not Conrad Murray?
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Sunofgod(m): 10:37pm On Nov 07, 2011
They had to find a scapegoat - and Conrad Murray foots the bill.

Money . . . Money. . . . .Money,
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2011
coogar:

ridiculous judgement!
the celebrity factor counted here. if he was any regular joe, this conrad murray wouldn't even be in court.
nansense!

other doctors of celebrities better learn from this.
they should all resign straight up. most of these celebrities are junkies.
and when they die - the doctors become the killers.

True but, it is in no way a ridiulous judegement.
Propofol is not even suppossed to be administered OUTSIDE of a hospital environment, the fact that he did that for Michael jackson was illegal and grounds for criminal guilt, even up to losing his liscense.
You should know that.

Even if Jackson somehow injected himself, the fact that it was given to him by a cerified sworn doctor, shpows that conrad murray was incompetent, simple. cool
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
Sun of god:

They had to find a scapegoat - and Conrad Murray foots the bill.

Money . . . Money. . . . .Money,

The state of California doesn't make any money in finding conrad murray guilty, and he had no problem taking Jacksons money to proviode him with a drug that has no place being used in a private home.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by ochukoccna: 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
Any discerning person would have seen his conviction coming.
The evidence against him was quite significant.
So here's another black man looking at 4 years staring @ prison bars.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
ochukoccna:

^^^

how come your own doctor hasn't made you a junkie?
would a doctor force drugs on his patient?

kabukabu50:

True but, it is in no way a ridiulous judegement.
Propofol is not even suppossed to be administered OUTSIDE of a hospital environment, the fact that he did that for Michael jackson was illegal and grounds for criminal guilt, even up to losing his liscense.
You should know that.

michael jackson was a celebrity. he would get what he wants from any doctor. we all know how this could have panned out.
propofol isn't supposed to be administered outside a hospital environment but i can tell you every doctor in america would administer it to michael if he had demanded it. it boils down to professionalism versus compromising

Even if Jackson somehow injected himself, the fact that it was given to him by a cerified sworn doctor, shpows that conrad murray was incompetent, simple. cool

good luck to conrad murray!
someone had to pay for michael jackson's death.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kizito96(m): 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2011
If it was in Nigeria, Conrad Murray would go free. With money anything is possible in Nigeria.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2011
kizito96:

If it was in Nigeria, Conrad Murray would go free. With money anything is possible in Nigeria.

he wouldn't even be in court.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by octar6: 10:51pm On Nov 07, 2011
jackson is dead, so d have bein lookin for who to hang it on his head.d doc has always injected jackson with dat drug in his damn house,but dis time luck ran against him. SHIT happens bro, lipsrsealed
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
I don't know what the big deal is here anyway, Its California, Conrad Murray probably will not get any jail time,
1)California has too many inmates
2)This might be his first offense.
3)Involuntary manslaugter on just one count

He will probably get probation or a suspended sentence cool
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

I don't know what the big deal is here anyway, Its California, Conrad Murray probably will not get any jail time,
1)California has too many inmates
2)This might be his first offense.
3)Involuntary manslaugter on just one count

He will probably get probation or a suspended sentence cool

i know. . . .
but he now has a criminal record on his file.
besides, i am not sure he would be able to practise his trade again.

he will probably be tagged like the paris hilton, lindsay lohan, etc.
most of that jail time would probably be spent in the comfort of his home.
no previous conviction would go a long way in helping his mitigation.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by r231(m): 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
Did we expect any other verdict. be honest.

There is no way on earth this poor bloke was going to get a fair trial. The Jackson family just could not accept that MJ was a Junkie, plain and simple. They wanted someones head on a plate, same as MJ fans all over the world, and Dr Murray was it. The jury had no intention of mainking him innocent as they were all fans of MJ.

To watch the Jackson family go into court was like watching the Addams Family. They are all weird and yet they think they are something special. MJ got away with far too much in his life and a lot of it was covered up by his family. And yet they make out like he is a saint. No Chance.

I hope that Dr Murray keeps appealling until some common sense is made out of this whole sorry mess and that the fans and MJ's family face the facts. He was a junkie and that, you can't cover up. I think the justice system over there is a bloody disgrace.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 11:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
r231:

Did we expect any other verdict. be honest.

There is no way on earth this poor bloke was going to get a fair trial. The Jackson family just could not accept that MJ was a Junkie, plain and simple. They wanted someones head on a plate, same as MJ fans all over the world, and Dr Murray was it. The jury had no intention of mainking him innocent as they were all fans of MJ.

To watch the Jackson family go into court was like watching the Addams Family. They are all weird and yet they think they are something special. MJ got away with far too much in his life and a lot of it was covered up by his family. And yet they make out like he is a saint. No Chance.

I hope that Dr Murray keeps appealling until some common sense is made out of this whole sorry mess and that the fans and MJ's family face the facts. He was a junkie and that, you can't cover up. I think the justice system over there is a bloody disgrace.

every system in america is an effing disgrace.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Elprinz(m): 11:15pm On Nov 07, 2011
ochukoccna:

^^^

Don't say what you don't know mate.
Michael Jackson was already a junkie long before he met Dr Murray.
the man just trying to help and like someone on here said, celebrity influence played against the doc.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by MrWhy1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
Was he Michael Jackson's only Doctor who supplied him with pills/drugs?   Jackson didn't live a clear-cut life. The US justice system is a social construct.

I think this is scapegoating at its best.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2011
coogar:

every system in america is an effing disgrace.

At least they have systems  cool, In Naija you can buy any drug you want on the black market.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

At least they have systems  cool, In Naija you can buy any drug you want on the black market.

makes me wonder why any of naija's top celebrities hasn't kicked the bucket as a result of being a junkie. grin
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by r231(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

so are you saying Chemist is black market undecided
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2011
r231:

so are you saying Chemist is black market undecided

I don't think you can get anasthesia as powerful as propofol from street chemists in naija.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by r231(m): 11:27pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

I don't think you can get anasthesia as powerful as propofol from street chemists in naija.

you never know grin

Isn't it Naija
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

I  don't think you can get anasthesia as powerful as propofol from street chemists in naija.

you would get everything in naija chemists.
whether it should be allowed to be sold without it being prescribed is another matter entirely.

hell, you would get that in a commercial bus travelling from lagos to abakaliki.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by onchefx: 11:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
the soul that sinneth shal die,i like my flat big nose than those straight ones
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2011
coogar:

makes me wonder why any of naija's top celebrities hasn't kicked the bucket as a result of being a junkie. grin

Its not a celebrity thing, its more of a cultural issue.
More people in first world countries are more likely to be addicted to drugs legal or illegal cool
They have more discretionary income.Social stigmas that exist in poorer countries deter drug use.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by EvilBrain1(m): 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2011
This case is complete nonsense. I understand that Conrad Murray's use of Propofol was unusual, but doctors commonly prescribe medications for off-label uses. The fact is that Conrad Murray is a consultant physician and is therefore and authority in his field. It doesn't matter if he was beating Michael on the head with shovel as long as it was his professional opinion that shovel-beating was in his patient's best interest. The fact is that doctors have to make risky decisions as part of their job and no matter how careful they are, some patients are going to suffer or die as a result of those decisions. If there are concerns over the standard of care MJ received, then the Medical Board of California should hold a hearing and strip him of his license. It makes no sense for a jury of laymen to be second-guessing a highly qualified professional with years of experience.

It would be fine if they thought that he deliberately killed MJ, but nobody is saying that. At worst he was a bit reckless and wasn't paying attention to his patient at a crucial time. The guy has basically been dragged in front of a jury because of a momentary lapse in concentration. What happened is very sad but no doctor should have to worry about going to prison because of the care they give to their patients.

This case puts all doctors at risk. And in the end, it'll be the patients that'll suffer. The next Michael Jackson is going to have a really hard time finding a qualified doctor to take care of him. And if doctors are worrying about going to jail, it'll lead to more defensive medicine. And fewer sick people will get better.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

Its not a celebrity thing, its more of a cultural issue.
More people in first world countries are more likely to be addicted to drugs legal or illegal cool
They have more discretionary income.Social stigmas that exist in poorer countries deter drug use.

most of these drugs are peformance-enhancing drugs or sleeping pills.
surely, nigerian celebrities use these on the regular, they just don't get addicted to it.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by Goshen360(m): 11:44pm On Nov 07, 2011
Dr conrad now faces up to 4 years in jail, what a pity.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by kabukabu50(m): 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2011
coogar:

most of these drugs are peformance-enhancing drugs or sleeping pills.
surely, nigerian celebrities use these on the regular, they just don't get addicted to it.

So are you saying that nigerian celebrities are superhumans with a built in biological resistance to the temptation of taking more medical substances of any sort cool

I'm baffled.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by coogar: 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
kabukabu50:

So are you saying that nigerian celebrities are superhumans with a built in biological resistance to the temptation of taking more medical substances of any sort cool

I'm baffled.

nigerian celebrities have more self-control would describe it more aptly.
Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter by r231(m): 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2011
^^^^the only drug 9ja celebs do is WEED grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Singer Faze & Twin Sister Celebrates Birthday Today At A Private Party / 2023: Comedian Chuks D'General Speaks On Youth Participation At Press Conference / Nicki Minaj Shares Racy Pics With Drake From Anaconda Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.