Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) (13403 Views)

22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by fataijinad: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2008
i like dog taste , b/c my grandfather normally
cooks it each time he glad and feel like
enjoying himself.

i love dog meat!
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by Thor(m): 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
Disgusting and a true show of lack of culture, upbringing and moral fibre lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dog eat Dog undecided undecided undecided

Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by dudubobo1: 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2008
you sure have a serious problem. What's wrong with eating what anyone considers meat?
It's got absolutely nothing to do with morals and all to do with cultural beliefs. British people eat caked blood and people from all over the world have different things that they eat.
Get over yourself man!
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by Thor(m): 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2008
I suppose you think that cannibalism is also acceptable?
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by tpia: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2008
Thor:

Disgusting and a true show of lack of culture, upbringing and moral fibre lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dog eat Dog undecided undecided undecided

Your African bashing is starting to get out of control.

Here are other countries where dog meat has been consumed. Kindly bash them as well.

Arctic and Antarctic
Dogs have historically been an emergency food source for various peoples in Siberia, Alaska, northern Canada, and Greenland. Sled dogs are usually maintained for pulling sleds, but occasionally are eaten when no other food is available.

Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen famously ate sled dogs during his expedition to the South Pole to survive. By eating some of the sled dogs he was able to transport less dog food, thus lightening his load.

Canada
Consumption of dog meat is taboo in mainstream Canadian culture. However it may be practised by some cultural minorities. In 2003, health inspectors discovered four frozen canine carcasses in the freezer of a Chinese restaurant in Edmonton.[12] Subsequently, the Edmonton health inspector said that it is not illegal to sell and eat the meat of dogs and other canines, as long as the meat has been inspected.[13] In the end, these four particular canine carcasses were found to be coyotes. Ed Greenburg, an official with Edmonton's Capital Health Region, said the fact that the animals were coyotes doesn't change anything and inspectors are still looking into the possibility that uninspected meat was served at the restaurant. Under Canada's Wildlife Act, it is illegal to sell meat from any wild species. There is no law against selling and serving canine meat, including dogs, but it must be killed and gutted in front of federal inspectors

China

Dog meat has been a source of food in parts of China from at least the time of Confucius, and possibly even before. Ancient writings from the Zhou Dynasty referred to the "three beasts"(which were bred for food), including pig, goat, and dog. Mencius, the philosopher, recommended dog as the tastiest of all meats. Dog meat is sometimes euphemistically called "fragrant meat"  or "mutton of the earth"  in Mandarin Chinese and "3-6 fragrant meat" in Cantonese.

France
In France, dogs were widely eaten during famines

Germany
Dog meat has been eaten in every major German crisis at least since the time of Frederick the Great, and is commonly referred to as "blockade mutton." In the early 20th century, consumption of dog meat in Germany was common. In 1937, trichina inspection was introduced for pigs, dogs, boars, foxes, badgers, and other carnivores.Since 1986 dog meat is prohibited in Germany.

Controversy
Use of dogs for meat and the methods of slaughter used have generated friction between dog lovers, both Western and Korean, and people who eat dogs; the conflict occasionally breaks out as headline news. During the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, Korea's capital city, the South Korean government asked its citizens not to consume dog meat to avoid bad publicity during the games. The controversy surfaced again in 2001 during the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
Today in Korea, a segment of the population enjoy bosintang (literally "invigorating soup"wink, believing it to have medicinal properties, particularly as relates to virility. Dog meat is also believed to keep one cool during the intense Korean summer.

Switzerland
According to the November 21, 1996, edition of the Rheintaler Bote, a Swiss newspaper covering the Rhine Valley area, the rural Swiss cantons of Appenzell and St. Gallen are known to have had a tradition of eating dogs, curing dog meat into jerky and sausages, as well as using the lard for medicinal purposes. Dog sausage and smoked dog jerky remains a staple in the Swiss cantons of St. Gallen and Appenzell, where one farmer was quoted in a regional weekly newspaper as saying that "meat from dogs is the healthiest of all. It has shorter fibres than cow meat, has no hormones like veal, no antibiotics like pork."

wiki

You can make your point about eating dogs without descending to a personal level.

No need to start displaying your prejudices and low self esteem in the name of feeling superior.
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by Thor(m): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2008
The list you gave means very little, they were only eaten in life and death situations when no other food was available and not as a standard menu item.

To me it is still disgusting lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by tpia: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2008
Thor:

The list you gave means very little, they were only eaten in life and death situations when no other food was available and not as a standard menu item.

to me it is still disgusting lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you must not have read the list well.

You can call it disgusting without attacking people personally. Or making unfounded generalizations.
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by dudubobo1: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2008
This Thor sounds like one of those people who are yet to be granted refugee status and they will do anything to discredit their nation.

@Thor, what do you have to say about British people eat blood?
People eat antelopes in North Dakota as well
some eat crocs
etc
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by Thor(m): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2008
A dog is a pet and a faithful one at that. Eating dog is disgusting, full stop angry angry
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by JNdupu: 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
Full stop? Now does that mean you will now haul your condescending, generalizing ass out of this thread.

For the record, I don't eat dog meat too but respect other people's choices.
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2008
Dog meat is the sweetest meat I have ever tasted.
In fact I am day-dreaming about it right now kai, I cant wait to go back home!!!!
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by valdubem(m): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
one man's meat is another man's poison
one man's best friend is another man's 404 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) by jamace(m): 12:58pm On May 02, 2012
JosBoy4Lif: Dog meat is the sweetest meat I have ever tasted.
In fact I am day-dreaming about it right now kai, I cant wait to go back home!!!!

That's right. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Lick Your Plate/soup After Eating ? Pics / Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? / Nigerian Swallow And Diabetes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.