Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? (6479 Views)

I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Die? / Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 9:50pm On Feb 04
honesttalk21:
@SirTee15

No responses to these:
Showing how abd is slave and servant contrary to your assertion.

Is the answer undergoing review and certification ?

abd is the common name for slave. Black slaves were called abeed and derogatory term arabs used for blacks is abd. Arab speakers know exactly when to use the word abd. They will never call their dear servants abd but use khadim.
The Koran was clear, modern Muslims are the one not comfortable with the word abd and twisting it to mean servant.
Koran is clear when the word was used to describe Allah-human relationship. U are slaves of Allah.

It makes sense to be fair because God actually own us- we belong to him and bond servants to God. He can decide what to do with us without asking for out opinion and we humans can't do anything about it.

But in the bible, God elevated mankind to son status as a mark of his eternal love for us and his desire to have a deep relationship with us. He actually wants to communicate to us.

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

Above verse doesnt look like a slave-master relationship.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 10:44pm On Feb 04
honesttalk21:

Kindly tell where Aisha complained about her relations her husband. I believe this is most important or any ailment she experienced due to her marriage. There alone is there a problem otherwise don't interfere with the dealings of a couple outside yours.
Why avoid the simple question?

Is an eight year old girl is mature enough for penetration with a man's adult sized fathering instrument?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 10:51pm On Feb 04
Expanse2020:

Nigeria is a Nation not city
But ur is a city not nation or trybe
You are certainly doing everything so that you won't answer my question.

Gen 11:28:
"And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees."

Did you see Chaldees?
Good!

Now, what is the name of the Tribe or nation in historical records of those DhulQanain found near the setting place of the sun?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 10:58pm On Feb 04
Expanse2020:

You never travel across the globe...to see how sun set in different regions with time...
According to event, He travelled far to end o south ,north, east, where there is only mountain no one living around there and He described the sun how it's set as if it entered the muldy or mulky sea... Now is saw some people oppressed group of people. Then he built a dam/fence with iron and copper ore / extract....

Then to our surprised now lately last year the scientist come out that they discovered lost Antarctica for like centuries
The Antarctica only have mountains, sea but nobody leave there
Another surprised there is a red seas in the Antarctica and scientist discovered that iron particles are the caused of the sea to turn red..

But am not mandating it that is where Magog lived before you twisted it again..
Mr twister
I thank God for the opportunity to travel at least to a few continents and I have been to a few oceans. Everywhere in the world, the sun sets at the horizon in the west. The horizon is the farthest point you can see when looking out at the evening setting sun.

The illogicality of the statement of Allah is confirmed with you desperately avoiding answering my questions.

Again :

1. According to the direct word of Allah,
Is it untrue that Allah says that Dhulqanain reached the setting place of the sun?
Did did he also appear to reach the setting place of the sun?

2. Did Allah says he found it AS IF the sun was setting in a pool of muddy water?

3. Let us assume that Dhuqhanain was seeing the sunset of the sun, Did Dhuqhanain also APPEAR to see a people there?

You don't get it.
The sun set anywhere you see it is the farthest you can see: did he see a people on an island so far away into the horizon?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 11:08pm On Feb 04
honesttalk21:

You can interpret it to what you like. My point is what the phrase child of God pertains to. What does it pertain to?

Being a child of God is complying with the covenant and thus following the commands, worshipping and upholding righteous conduct as prescribed by God.

You repeatedly choose which to follow and neglect.

Romans 12:18, if it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

(Apparently this isn't possible for you)

You lay claim to being encouraged to preach the word (your word as a Christian) but does it tell you to force your word?
It doesn't Dawn on you that ONLY God Himself can call anyone His child? It isn't in the power of anyone to be able to choose to be a child of God.

This is why Jesus says that you must be Born Again : meaning your are born of the earth (body) then you must be born of God's Spirit to even qualify for heaven.

Of course you are a slave to Allah because he needs slaves. But Yahweh has always desired to choose from amongst humans those He can call His Children.

Only God can make you His child: it is not within the power of anyone to choose to become God's child. Every Child of God is given a seal of Ownership by God Himself. But of course, you cannot understand!

You can see how wrong you are in thinking you understand what it means to be a child of God?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 4:59am On Feb 05
TenQ:

It doesn't Dawn on you that ONLY God Himself can call anyone His child? It isn't in the power of anyone to be able to choose to be a child of God.

This is why Jesus says that you must be Born Again : meaning your are born of the earth (body) then you must be born of God's Spirit to even qualify for heaven.

Of course you are a slave to Allah because he needs slaves. But Yahweh has always desired to choose from amongst humans those He can call His Children.

Only God can make you His child: it is not within the power of anyone to choose to become God's child. Every Child of God is given a seal of Ownership by God Himself. But of course, you cannot understand!

You can see how wrong you are in thinking you understand what it means to be a child of God?

How do you know God calls or sees you as his child? Where did the discussion take place? Can you invite me to witness this discussion to clear all doubts?

What is meant by being born again? This is of course is not literal or is it? Is it in any way metaphorical? Is it not detachment from doing acts not accepted to be in line with the covenant and being regretful of any involvement in such deeds in the past? Is it not seeking the pardon of the ultimate judge; the almighty unique creator and master of all as well as the day of judgement?

Another misconception. Allah needs nothing.
O men! It is you, who stand in need of Allah, whereas He alone is self-sufficient, the One to whom all praise is due.

O people, it is you who stand in need of Allah; as for Allah, He is Self-Sufficient, Immensely Praiseworthy.

Please tell what need of Allah can mankind fulfil?

The interchangeability between the terms "servant" and "slave" has persisted through ancient times, highlighting their prevalence in numerous societies. You may argue that a servant is free while a slave is owned but in all despite your individuality who owns you?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 7:32am On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

abd is the common name for slave. Black slaves were called abeed and derogatory term arabs used for blacks is abd. Arab speakers know exactly when to use the word abd. They will never call their dear servants abd but use khadim.
The Koran was clear, modern Muslims are the one not comfortable with the word abd and twisting it to mean servant.
Koran is clear when the word was used to describe Allah-human relationship. U are slaves of Allah.

It makes sense to be fair because God actually own us- we belong to him and bond servants to God. He can decide what to do with us without asking for out opinion and we humans can't do anything about it.

But in the bible, God elevated mankind to son status as a mark of his eternal love for us and his desire to have a deep relationship with us. He actually wants to communicate to us.

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

Above verse doesnt look like a slave-master relationship.

Very contrary to what you tend towards establishing. I showed you a verse from the Quran 18:1 which contains abd meaning servant not slave and shared other examples from general language in Arabic.

Both Khadim and Abd refer to individuals who dedicate themselves to serving a greater cause or a higher power. While they do differ in terms of the sentiments associated with their meanings, it is crucial to highlight that these differences should not overshadow the underlying unity that exists between them.

My sons have Abd and many muslim brothers are pleased in their names with Abd.

Khadim or servant, is someone who embodies the essence of selflessness and devotion. They offer their services willingly and without hesitation, recognizing the importance of their role in serving others.

Abd , who is a worshipper, focuses primarily on their relationship with a higher power. While they also engage in acts of service, their motivation stems from a deep sense of reverence and devotion to their faith or spirituality. Worshipers recognize their role as humble beings in the presence of something greater than themselves.

Will you serve God and man in the same way and accord same reverence to them? Definitely God should supersede .

Khadim and Abd are essentially two sides of the same coin. While there are differences in sentiments associated with their meanings, these should not overshadow the underlying unity in meaning between them. Both words embody selflessness, devotion, and a commitment to serving a greater cause
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 8:03am On Feb 05
honesttalk21:

How do you know God calls or sees you as his child? Where did the discussion take place? Can you invite me to witness this discussion to clear all doubts?

You asked a number of questions and I have answered them here:
If you do not read, you are at your peril: but I beg you to read carefully for comprehension.

How we know that God sees us as His child
1. We Trust in His integrity: if God made a promise, He fulfills it
Luk 11:13:
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

2. He puts in us His Spirit that bears witness with our spirit that we are now sons of God
Rom 8:14-16:
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit (of God) Himself self bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:"

3. We Accept His condition for becoming sons
John 1:12-13:
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

John 3:14-16:
"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes (in God's solution) in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

honesttalk21:

What is meant by being born again? This is of course is not literal or is it? Is it in any way metaphorical? Is it not detachment from doing acts not accepted to be in line with the covenant and being regretful of any involvement in such deeds in the past? Is it not seeking the pardon of the ultimate judge; the almighty unique creator and master of all as well as the day of judgement?

1. Being Born again is NOT a metaphoric saying. It is a Spiritual REALITY! A person who is truly Born Again knows (of course, you can't understand)
John 3:7-8:
"Marvel not that I said to you, You must be born again. The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell from where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

2. Being Born Again is NOT a detachment from doing acts not accepted to be in line with the covenant and repentance from sin.
Detachment from sin and repentance are EVIDENCES that a person is truly Born Again?
A person who claims to be born again without this fruit to show is NOT Born Again.

3. To Be Born Again mean
a. God through His spirit has made you a new spirit by giving you a seal of ownership and a seal that guarantees paradise!
Eph 1:13-14:
"In whom you also trusted, after that you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed, you were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of his glory."

b. To have your name written in the Book of Life (the Register of Paradise)
Rev 20:15:
"And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Rev 21:27:
"And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither whatever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

We become a new person only after we get born again.

honesttalk21:

Another misconception. Allah needs nothing.
O men! It is you, who stand in need of Allah, whereas He alone is self-sufficient, the One to whom all praise is due.

O people, it is you who stand in need of Allah; as for Allah, He is Self-Sufficient, Immensely Praiseworthy.

Please tell what need of Allah can mankind fulfil?

The interchangeability between the terms "servant" and "slave" has persisted through ancient times, highlighting their prevalence in numerous societies. You may argue that a servant is free while a slave is owned but in all despite your individuality who owns you?
You are not being truthful that Allah needs nothing
1. Allah needs worship from you: is this not the reason you Muslims claim that he created humans?
2. Allah needs slaves to worship him.
3. Allah need you to commit sin and if you don't, he will replace you with a people who will always commit sin and repent.

Of a truth, the God of Abraham NEED NOTHING from us.
1. We become His children because this is what God want for Himself.
John 3:16-17:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

1 Like

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 8:29am On Feb 05
TenQ:

I thank God for the opportunity to travel at least to a few continents and I have been to a few oceans. Everywhere in the world, the sun sets at the horizon in the west. The horizon is the farthest point you can see when looking out at the evening setting sun.

The illogicality of the statement of Allah is confirmed with you desperately avoiding answering my questions.
Bring the verses again to clear Your doubt
Again :

Is it untrue that Allah says that Dhulqanain reached the setting place of the sun?

2. Did Allah says he found it AS IF the sun was setting in a pool of muddy water?

3. Let us assume that Dhuqhanain was seeing the sunset of the sun, Did Dhuqhanain also APPEAR to see a people there?

You don't get it.
The sun set anywhere you see it is the farthest you can see: did he see a people on an island so far away into the horizon?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 8:54am On Feb 05
honesttalk21:

Very contrary to what you tend towards establishing. I showed you a verse from the Quran 18:1 which contains abd meaning servant not slave and shared other examples from general language in Arabic.

Both Khadim and Abd refer to individuals who dedicate themselves to serving a greater cause or a higher power. While they do differ in terms of the sentiments associated with their meanings, it is crucial to highlight that these differences should not overshadow the underlying unity that exists between them.

My sons have Abd and many muslim brothers are pleased in their names with Abd.

Khadim or servant, is someone who embodies the essence of selflessness and devotion. They offer their services willingly and without hesitation, recognizing the importance of their role in serving others.

Abd , who is a worshipper, focuses primarily on their relationship with a higher power. While they also engage in acts of service, their motivation stems from a deep sense of reverence and devotion to their faith or spirituality. Worshipers recognize their role as humble beings in the presence of something greater than themselves.

Will you serve God and man in the same way and accord same reverence to them? Definitely God should supersede .

Khadim and Abd are essentially two sides of the same coin. While there are differences in sentiments associated with their meanings, these should not overshadow the underlying unity in meaning between them. Both words embody selflessness, devotion, and a commitment to serving a greater cause
Can the word khadim be used for slaves?
That's all I need to know.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 9:34am On Feb 05
TenQ:

You are certainly doing everything so that you won't answer my question.

Gen 11:28:
"And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees."

Did you see Chaldees?
Good!

Now, what is the name of the Tribe or nation in historical records of those DhulQanain found near the setting place of the sun?
Ur of the chaldees is a city name guy go do your finding and stop wasting my data🤣🤣🤣

Is like you see someone from Lagos and you called him Lagosian
.. Lagosian doesn't mean a nation (Nigeria) or trybe (Yoruba or let me break it down to Ẹgba, Awori,Oyo ilé, Ibadan, ijebu) stop mixing city with trybe for God sake ... acquired knowledge and stop arguing...
Bonus of the day
Try to tell me the trybe of Melchizedek too🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 9:59am On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

Show me where the Israelites men had sex with small girls and divorced them. We dealing with facts here.
Nothing in the verse said they married them as teenagers.

A good example is 2 kings 5.2 where Naaman had a young Israelites girl for himself. Did he married her or turned her into a sex slave. Not every tribe have a depraved mindset like the writers of the Koran.

2 Now bands of raiders from Aram had gone out and had taken captive a young girl from Israel, and she served Naaman’s wife. 3 She said to her mistress, “If only my master would see the prophet who is in Samaria! He would cure him of his leprosy.”

Now back to my question. Since there's no age bracket in islam for a girl to get married.
Are u saying it's ok for Qasim to get married to your 8 yr old daughter and after a year divorce her if he's tired of her.
Are u saying it's ok in islam for expanse2020 to get married to a 9 yr old girl and then divorce her 6 monthis later of she's caught in 'adultery'.

Are U saying it's ok in Islam for you antichristian to get married to a 10 yr old girl according to Sharia and then have her punished according to Sharia law if she's caught in adultery- which could be stoning to death.

Are U saying all the above is ok in islam and according to Koran?

According to Islam a girl attained a marriage stage after she saw her first menses(also is a tradition to all semantics people before us be it Arabs, Jews,Armenia, Greek, Hebrew.. they married their ladies at the early age..before teen) example plenty for bible too

But The case of the Bible Number is different,
So if I were to go by the bible verse Number 31 which said Moses instructed his war men to kill all the sons,men, and women, ladies or girls that have known man or had sex with a man and also instructed them to leave the girls that have not had intimacy with any man but they should keep them for themselves...
First there is no marriage between them but only
Slavery, forceful abduction, rape and child molester/abused can be deduced from that statement. because he doesn't tell them to married them but only keep them for there own selfish purpose and after they had done with them what will happen..they would be on there own..USE AND DUMP...
But in ISLAM if you want marry there some obligation to fulfill before you married and their some obligation to fulfill before a marriage can be cut off..
I Will like to entertain more questions on it, let reason together brother😏
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 10:16am On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

Honesttalk is already dealing with it and really struggling even though is quite an intelligent guy.
Trust me U can't do any better, let him handle it.

Tell me who is dhul-qarnayn in history. Where can we know about him history. Who is he?, where is he from, what's the name of his empire, which people Did he conquer.
Any archeological or historical record outside of the Koran to corroborate he is indeed a mighty warrior.
Why is he called 2 horned man?

That's what I'm interested in, not what's written about him in the Koran which could all be an imagination fabrication of Muhammed.

Remember it was the Jews that asked Muhammed about dhul-qarnayn, so this man must be well known outside the Koran and outside the islamic narrative/source. At least modern day Jews should know about him.

cc honesttalk

Thank God you said the truth that the Jews came to meet prophet S.A.W. to know is Dhul qarnayn (to test him )and the ayat explain briefly to them what they want to know..

But if you said based on historian
Dhul qarnayn was equate to be two people according to the historian
One is Alexander the Great that historian also said in travel vast across the end of south,east, north and also possessed a cap of this two horn...but some Muslim elders said Alexander does not leave up to 700years so it may not be him
The second one is the South Arabian Himyarite king al-Ṣaʿb bin Dhī Marāthid who marched the historical value possessed such ability..
Allah know best.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 10:20am On Feb 05
Expanse2020:

According to Islam a girl attained a marriage stage after she saw her first menses(also is a tradition to all semantics people before us be it Arabs, Jews,Armenia, Greek, Hebrew.. they married their ladies at the early age..before teen) example plenty for bible too
Then U have to explain the Koranic verse that says U can divorce a female who is yet to menstruate. We all know girls who are yet to menstruate are preteens. What u saying here contradicts what is written in the koran. Even your antichristian friend admits the verse is true.

for your women past the age of menstruation, in case you do not know, their waiting period is three months, and those who have not menstruated as well. As for those who are pregnant, their waiting period ends with delivery.1 And whoever is mindful of Allah, He will make their matters easy for them.

And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) shocked shocked shocked their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death][] . And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens), and whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.

Expanse2020:

But The case of the Bible Number is different,
So if I were to go by the bible verse Number 31 which said Moses instructed his war men to kill all the sons,men, and women, ladies or girls that have known man or had sex with a man and also instructed them to leave the girls that have not had intimacy with any man but they should keep them for themselves...
First there is no marriage between them but only
Slavery, forceful abduction, rape and child molester/abused can be deduced from that statement. because he doesn't tell them to married them but only keep them for there own selfish purpose and after they had done with them what will happen..they would be on there own..USE AND DUMP...
But in ISLAM if you want marry there some obligation to fulfill before you married and their some obligation to fulfill before a marriage can be cut off..
I Will like to entertain more questions on it, let reason together brother😏

Bring the verse where they had forceful sex with them. Otherwise all u doing is forcing your opinion on the bible.
Bring the verse where God told them they can have them as sex slaves or rape them.
Otherwise the 2 kings 2.5 example is valid and applicable. Na you get dirty mind.

Besides u are yet to tell me who is dhul-qarnayn according to the Jews who asked Muhammed.
Who is he in history? If U ashamed to tell me, should I tell U because I know who the Jews call dhul-qarnayn
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 10:54am On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

Then U have to explain the Koranic verse that says U can divorce a female who is yet to menstruate. We all know girls who are yet to menstruate are preteens. What u saying here contradicts what is written in the koran. Even your antichristian friend admits the verse is true.

for your women past the age of menstruation, in case you do not know, their waiting period is three months, and those who have not menstruated as well. As for those who are pregnant, their waiting period ends with delivery.1 And whoever is mindful of Allah, He will make their matters easy for them.

And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) shocked shocked shocked their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death][] . And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens), and whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.

Bring the verse where they had forceful sex with them. Otherwise all u doing is forcing your opinion on the bible.
Bring the verse where God told them they can have them as sex slaves or rape them.
Otherwise the 2 kings 2.5 example is valid and applicable. Na you get dirty mind.

Besides u are yet to tell me who is dhul-qarnayn according to the Jews who asked Muhammed.
Who is he in history? If U ashamed to tell me, should I tell U because I know who the Jews call dhul-qarnayn

As I told you earlier that those semantic people they give out there ladies out in marriage at early age..if you have doubt wit that consult the bible and historian.
According to Quran verses...the verses is a guidelines ASLO a law rulings to Divorce..that is the mutual agreement to divorce.. atleast you can show us perhaps if prophet divorce a 6years girl..

Note:
If someone is under slavery there is nothing the master cannot do to her..
So don't covered a lie, the west that came to captivate and slave African you can read up what they did to our women both kids and adults and
Imagine the person that said killed the grown women and keep the girls that haven't taste a man for yourself...you don't know the meaning(keep them for what, to be licking their wound Abi)

1 Like

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 12:15pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:

As I told you earlier that those semantic people they give out there ladies out in marriage at early age..if you have doubt wit that consult the bible and historian.
According to Quran verses...the verses is a guidelines ASLO a law rulings to Divorce..that is the mutual agreement to divorce.. atleast you can show us perhaps if prophet divorce a 6years girl..

Muhammed loved his own child bride so didn't divorce her. U have to explain to me what it means to divorce a female who is ye to menstruate. There's no child marriage in my bible so can't help. That it happened in slavery doesn't mean it was right. That's why we have objective morality and guidance.
Except u saying getting married and divorcing a small girl is divine guidance.

Expanse2020:

Note:
If someone is under slavery there is nothing the master cannot do to her..
So don't covered a lie, the west that came to captivate and slave African you can read up what they did to our women both kids and adults and
Imagine the person that said killed the grown women and keep the girls that haven't taste a man for yourself...you don't know the meaning(keep them for what, to be licking their wound Abi)

Naaman kept his own girl-captive for his wife not for himself. The girl became a servant to Naaman's wife. Each individual is left to decide what he wanted to do with the girl slave.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

Muhammed loved his own child bride so didn't divorce her. U have to explain to me what it means to divorce a female who is ye to menstruate. There's no child marriage in my bible so can't help. That it happened in slavery doesn't mean it was right. That's why we have objective morality and guidance.
Except u saying getting married and divorcing a small girl is divine guidance.

Naaman kept his own girl-captive for his wife not for himself. The girl became a servant to Naaman's wife. Each individual is left to decide what he wanted to do with the girl slave.
for get the taboo you want to bring as evidence... showing one man in a mist of thousands of soldiers keep decieving yourself...
Even the one that near us as fa as luggard we know how they treated slavery rather than those accidents ages...

I only asked you any of the Muhammad companions that divorce a 6years girl...
And I had you said there was no child marriage in the bible
At what Age did Mary mother of Jesus begat not even Married
At what age does Rachel begat
Also Rebecca was begat at 3years 3days also in the bible 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Chaiiiiiiii
Please tell me
3 to 17 years are they not child marriage under the law
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 1:56pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:
[/b] for get the taboo you want to bring as evidence... showing one man in a mist of thousands of soldiers keep decieving yourself...
Even the one that near us as fa as luggard we know how they treated slavery rather than those accidents ages...

Waste of time. Show me where God told them to use the girls as sex slave. Otherwise I will simply ignore u
God is not Lord Lugard. And btw, Lord Lugard never had a slave..never. U have to dust your history book to cure your ignorance.
Expanse2020:

I only asked you any of the Muhammad companions that divorce a 6years girl...

So are U saying Koran was wrong to prescribe divorce for girls who are yet to menstruate. Is that your point. Are u saying in islam, nobody is allowed to divorce a girl-child. Is that your point?
Expanse2020:

And I had you said there was no child marriage in the bible
At what Age did Mary mother of Jesus begat not even Married
At what age does Rachel begat
Also Rebecca was begat at 3years 3days also in the bible 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Chaiiiiiiii
Please tell me
3 to 17 years are they not child marriage under the law

Sorry I dont deal with gist. Bring evidence of your tales by moonlight fabricated fabu.
Muslims are so ashamed of the embarrassing acts of their prophet that they needed to see who they will drag to mud with him.
They are desperately looking for who else married an underage girl and mounted her b4 she could menstruate.
Chai, what an eternal shame and stigma for followers of Muhammed.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 3:05pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:

Thank God you said the truth that the Jews came to meet prophet S.A.W. to know is Dhul qarnayn (to test him )and the ayat explain briefly to them what they want to know..

But if you said based on historian
Dhul qarnayn was equate to be two people according to the historian
One is Alexander the Great that historian also said in travel vast across the end of south,east, north and also possessed a cap of this two horn...but some Muslim elders said Alexander does not leave up to 700years so it may not be him
The second one is the South Arabian Himyarite king al-Ṣaʿb bin Dhī Marāthid who marched the historical value possessed such ability..
Allah know best.

Alexander the Great did not reach the end of earth, and never called the name of God or Allah. He was a first class pagan who embraced worship of greek and Persian gods.

Sab dhu Marathid is a fictional character created by ibn Hisham in his book crowns on the kings written in 833AD.
bn Hisham copied the Egyptians traditions of pseudo callisthenes rendition of Alexander the great.
B4 that nobody knew or heard of sab dhu Marathid.
He wasn't a historical figure and there's no known historical record of his existence.

Dhul-qarnayn was copied into the Koran from the Syriac Alexander legend. The legend described Alexander the great built a great barrier, defeated the people of gog and magog and he worshiped God.
This legend was believed in the first millennium AD by all Abrahamic religion and that was how it found it's way into Koran.

By 1800, with archeological discovery and recovery of ancient historical writings. It became apparent the legend wasn't true. Alexander didn't build any wall, there are no people called gog and magog and he didn't even know a God called Elohim existed- moreso he was a staunch polytheist.

This fact alone proved that the Koran is not any revelation from God. It's simply collection of stories heard by Muhammed arranged in a poetic order. That's all.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 4:01pm On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

Alexander the Great did not reach the end of earth, and never called the name of God or Allah. He was a first class pagan who embraced worship of greek and Persian gods.

Sab dhu Marathid is a fictional character created by ibn Hisham in his book crowns on the kings written in 833AD.
bn Hisham copied the Egyptians traditions of pseudo callisthenes rendition of Alexander the great.
He wasn't a historical figure and there's no known historical record of his existence.

Dhul-qarnayn was copied into the Koran from the Syriac Alexander legend. The legend described Alexander the great built a great barrier, defeated the people of gog and magog and he worshiped God.
This legend was believed in the first millennium AD by all Abrahamic religion and that was how it found it's way into Koran.

By 1800, with archeological discovery and recovery of ancient historical writings. It became apparent the legend wasn't true. Alexander didn't build any wall, there are no people called gog and magog and he didn't even know a God called Elohim existed- moreso he was a staunch polytheist.

This fact alone proved that the Koran is not any revelation from God. It's simply collection of stories heard by Muhammed arranged in a poetic order. That's all.
if it is not true as you claimed the Jews who were there that time will call the prophet Muhammad S.A.W. a lier but there was nothing like that🫣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by AntiChristian: 4:06pm On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

Show me where the Israelites men had sex with small girls and divorced them. We dealing with facts here.
Nothing in the verse said they married them as teenagers.

Actually the Bible is silent on marriage with minors but in Numbers 31, both minor and adult virgins were spared together for the warriors!
If they were not married then we can agree they became sex slaves!
The worst incidence is that God was shared 32 virgins from the war booty!

A good example is 2 kings 5.2 where Naaman had a young Israelites girl for himself. Did he married her or turned her into a sex slave. Not every tribe have a depraved mindset like the writers of the Koran.
2 Now bands of raiders from Aram had gone out and had taken captive a young girl from Israel, and she served Naaman’s wife. 3 She said to her mistress, “If only my master would see the prophet who is in Samaria! He would cure him of his leprosy.”

No age was mentioned for marriage in the Bible. But as i said in Numbers 31, minors were never exempted!

Now back to my question. Since there's no age bracket in islam for a girl to get married.
Are u saying it's ok for Qasim to get married to your 8 yr old daughter and after a year divorce her if he's tired of her.

Are u saying it's ok in islam for expanse2020 to get married to a 9 yr old girl and then divorce her 6 monthis later of she's caught in 'adultery'.

Are U saying it's ok in Islam for you antichristian to get married to a 10 yr old girl according to Sharia and then have her punished according to Sharia law if she's caught in adultery- which could be stoning to death.

Are U saying all the above is ok in islam and according to Koran?

Islam permits divorce and not only to my daughter but any woman!
And my 8 year old daughter can be married to someone and still be in my house till when i'm ready to release her to him!

All these would be in the marriage contract!

Please be sane when typing as no age is applicable to even your Biblical punishments as regards adultery/rape!

Adultery in the Bible:
In the Old Testament, adultery is considered a serious offense. The punishment for adultery is often seen as severe, with the Old Testament prescribing death as the penalty for both the man and the woman involved in adultery. For example, Leviticus 20:10 states, "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death."

Rape in the Bible:
The Bible addresses the issue of rape in various passages, but it does not offer a specific punishment for the act of rape itself. However, the seriousness of the offense is evident in the narratives and laws found in the Old Testament.
For instance, in the story of Dinah in Genesis 34, her brothers respond to her rape with anger and seek retribution against the perpetrator and his people. Additionally, Deuteronomy 22:25-27 outlines the punishment for a man who rapes a betrothed woman, stating that the rapist should be put to death.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 4:10pm On Feb 05
SIRTee15:

Guy you funny

I told you marry, Rebekah Rachel marry at the baby age you disagree abii

And I told you to show me from the hadiths to that a companion of prophet or prophet divorce a little girl but you are saying another thing for cover up..
You asked me to show you that slave that Moses and his men captures were not treated to slavery..

Whether you like it or not you know the truth for yourself and the Lord luggard that came to Nigeria what did they introduce and use the opportunity to robbed our ancient and took them for slavery in the name of missionary NO BE CHRISTIANITY THEY BROUGHT

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 4:45pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:

Ur of the chaldees is a city name guy go do your finding and stop wasting my data🤣🤣🤣

Is like you see someone from Lagos and you called him Lagosian
.. Lagosian doesn't mean a nation (Nigeria) or trybe (Yoruba or let me break it down to Ẹgba, Awori,Oyo ilé, Ibadan, ijebu) stop mixing city with trybe for God sake ... acquired knowledge and stop arguing...
Bonus of the day
Try to tell me the trybe of Melchizedek too🤣🤣🤣🤣
Let me assume that I am chatting with a donkey and nothing and no truth on earth can make it reason.

You asked:
Expanse2020:

What trybe or nation is Noah ,Lot , and Abraham too
Your Questions have been perfectly answered with evidence: Ur of the Chaldeans!

I conclude you have ZERO answer to my Question:
No one till now can find any archeological evidence of the wall Dhulqanain built against Gog and Magog
No one knows where the city or nation or tribe of the people who live beside the setting place of the sun.

I rest my case on this

Islam is defeated on the Altar of Truth: there is no running away from it.

Now Back to the Questions you dodged:

Again :

You don't get it.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 5:42pm On Feb 05
TenQ:

Let me assume that I am chatting with a donkey and nothing and no truth on earth can make it reason.

You asked:

No one till now can find any archeological evidence of the wall Dhulqanain built against Gog and Magog
No one knows where the city or nation or tribe of the people who live beside the setting place of the sun.

I rest my case on this

Again :

You don't get it.

You wey you no pass ur village de make mouth.....🤣🤣🤣🤣
Back to the question
Let Quran answer you
) (O Muhammad), they ask you about Dhu al-Qarnayn.61 Say: "I will give you an account of him."
Surely, We gave him power on earth and gave him means to (have) everything (he needs)
So he followed a way.
Until, when he reached the setting of the sun [i.e., the west], [b]he found it [as if] setting in a body of dark wate[/b]r,1 and he found near it a people. We [i.e., Allāh] said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness."

What is the function of he in that sentence
Bro English no be Your mate ooo
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05
TenQ:

You asked:

I rest my case on this

Again :

You don't get it.

and did you know why you made yourself a fool is because the Jews who asked the questions (they came to test him but they fail too) they don't dispute the truth and you who was born in 1990s to 2000s will said it is lie....
M U M U
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 6:49pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:
You wey you no pass ur village de make mouth.....🤣🤣🤣🤣
Back to the question
Let Quran answer you
) (O Muhammad), they ask you about Dhu al-Qarnayn.61 Say: "I will give you an account of him."
Surely, We gave him power on earth and gave him means to (have) everything (he needs)
So he followed a way.
Until, when he reached the setting of the sun [i.e., the west], he found it [as if] setting in a body of dark wate[/b]r,1 and he found near it a people. We [i.e., Allāh] said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness."

What is the function of he in that sentence
Bro English no be Your mate ooo
I asked you three simple comprehension questions, answer them or admit that you are either Ignorant of what you defend or the failure of Allah in his Qur'an is indefensible!
If the Qur'an answered my three questions, I would not ask you. If you are not misinterpreting the Quran, there would have been no need for these three questions.

It is you I ask the questions not Allah!

[b]Again and for the Final time:

You don't get it.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 6:53pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:
and did you know why you made yourself a fool is because the Jews who asked the questions (they came to test him but they fail too) they don't dispute the truth and you who was born in 1990s to 2000s will said it is lie....
M U M U
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mu question is not about the Jews or their question BUT about the written words of Allah that is apparently a big goof.

It is you I ask the questions not Allah!

Again and for the Final time:

You don't get it.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 9:12pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:
if it is not true as you claimed the Jews who were there that time will call the prophet Muhammad S.A.W. a lier but there was nothing like that🫣

Where did the Jews ask him about the imaginary dhul-qarnayn. Is it not the Koran?
Show me any extra Koranic source that's shows Jews asked Muhammed such questions or the Jews even knew of any dhul-qarnayn.

Both the Jews that asked him the question and the dhul-qarnayn are all fake. No Jew asked Muhammed any question.
All na fabu created by Muhammed.
Muhammed has put all Muslims on one chance bus. Now the painful thing is Muslims must find out who is dhul-qarnayn because qaran is the word of God so it must be true.
I really feel for Muslims, muahamed really did them strong thing.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 12:17am On Feb 06
SIRTee15:

Can the word khadim be used for slaves?
That's all I need to know.

No. In a strict sense.

You should however know that while Abd translates to servant or slave when used as a standalone word. When it is used as a prefix in names, it takes on a different connotation. In this context, “Abd” is combined with one of the names of Allah to form a compound name that signifies servitude or worship to Allah.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 12:59am On Feb 06
honesttalk21:

No. In a strict sense.

You should however know that while Abd translates to servant or slave when used as a standalone word. When it is used as a prefix in names, it takes on a different connotation. In this context, “Abd” is combined with one of the names of Allah to form a compound name that signifies servitude or worship to Allah.

Muslims and lies!
The problem is that they lie so much that they forget thay have told 39 different lies to cover up one.

Let me help you out from your prophet
Sahih al-Bukhari 3445
Narrated `Umar:
I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3569
Az-Zubair bin `Awwam narrated:
that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “There is not a morning that the slave of Allah reached except that a caller calls out: ‘Glorify the King, the Free of Deficiencies. (Sabbiḥul Malikal-Quddūs)’”

Sunan an-Nasa'i 3022
It was narrated from Jabir that the Prophet departed from Arafat and started saying:
"Be tranquil, O slaves of Allah!" gesturing with his hand like this - and Ayyub gested with his palm uppermost.

Musnad Ahmad 154
It was narrated from Umar that the Messenger of Allah said:
`Do not praise me as the Christians praised 'Eesa bin Maryam . I am no more than the slave of Allah and His Messenger.`

It's your translation and your hadiths!

How can Abd as a prefix take a different meaning other than who you are!? A SLAVE"!!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 12:59am On Feb 06
honesttalk21:

No. In a strict sense.

Words have different meaning and interpretations.
I've never heard worshippers of Allah, so that's debunked.
I've heard servants of Allah but it's more of slaves of Allah. That shows how the word abd was used during the time of Muhammed and when Koran was compiled.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 1:04am On Feb 06
So honesttalk has failed to respond to my evidence which is extra biblical historical sources where Jesus or his followers called God father

All evidence brought here are 1st century writings ans some even predate the gospel letters.
That history prove that Jesus called God father presents a very serious problem for the Koran because ISA supposedly in history never called God father.

This is a big historical contradiction in the Koran, one of the many found in it.

The other one is dhul-qarnayn. I will round off on this one soon, waiting for expanse last weak shot.

Then I will discuss the injil in the Koran and the gospel with the Christians. Muslims said they are not the same, that's a very big lie.
The injil and the gospel we have today is the same. I will prove it using the Koran and the hadith.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

The Difference Between Hell, Hell Fire And Lake Of Fire / The Jesus - Ufo Connection / 40 Of My Favorite Atheist Memes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.