Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? (6244 Views)

I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Die? / Why All Christians Must Think Deeply As Far As The Qur'an Is Concerned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 6:55pm On Jan 29
I stumbled on this video by Dr David Wood: He is educating you Muslims on the proper interpretation of your Quran on Jesus death and resurrection (which your scholars mistranslated to suit their narrative).

Most Muslims are convinced that Quran 4:157 denies the crucifixion of Jesus. But have they been misinterpreting the Quran all along? Do other Quran verses suggest that Jesus did die? And can other Quran verses provide a different understanding of 4:157?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMe9tCCs2h8

I plead with you to watch the video and decide if his interpretation makes sense in resolving the Islamic problem of denying the historically supported death of Christ.

Question :
Do you STILL think that Quran 4:157 mean THAT was neither crucified nor killed
OR
That Jesus even though killed was taken up to Allah in heaven therefore the Jews are wrong about their boast that they succeeded in killing him.

This is not to argue anything with you o!

All my Friends on Nairaland:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, aekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, atsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana , compton11, Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo Satmaniac saintHot, drlateef, Donkmore Akinbahm , IMEI , FATHAT , talk2hb1 , iamrealdeji , Encyclopedia1 , SWATMan rolams aheeqilmaktoom , Bintdawood , Flanker , Raheeqilmaktoom , rolams ,honesttalk21 , Negroid001 , Nvestor02 , Coolsat, iamrealdeji madridguy Almunjid MohammadSAW , STRI1 Explore2xmore satmaniac Ohyoudidnt , 4islam ThatFairGuy1 BroOptimist. Bakrabas. Musa95 Ibrahimlagosian Explore2xmore
hakeemhakeem ItsReal correctguy101 Qasim6 youngdroly Bliss52 Qasim6 truthday Almunjid hayzedibd ahmedio2017

cc: MightySparrow SIRTee15 ANTIlSLAM innotutorial FxMasterz advocatejare
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29
But according to the bible non of the 12desciple was not their they all forsook him, how did they now know they nail him and killed him🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
According to the bible when they went to his tomb after 3days they didn't see him there but they later find him in the upper room where they meeting...
For the record in bible nobody saw him from his tomb till he enter the building and until he came out from the upper room where they saw him...
Abeg did Jesus use abracadabra enter the building nii🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
That place no clear 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 7:57pm On Jan 29
But according to the bible non of the 12desciple was not their they all forsook him, how did they now know they nail him and killed him🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
According to the bible when they went to his tomb after 3days they didn't see him there but they later find him in the upper room where they meeting...
For the record in bible nobody saw him from his tomb till he enter the building and until he came out from the upper room where they saw him...

And what exactly you mean crucify because there are three ways they show us crucifixion either the hand when apart, or the hand is fold or he his hang
Please which one should we believe
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
TenQ

2 Likes

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 8:27pm On Jan 29
Expanse2020:

And what exactly you mean crucify because there are three ways they show us crucifixion either the hand when apart, or the hand is fold or he his hang
Please which one should we believe
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
TenQ
Like I said, this is not about any argument.

Is David Wood correct in his interpretation of Quran 4:157 or not.

Better still, what is still your understanding of Quran 4:157 after listening to David Wood?

Thanks
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29
TenQ:

Like I said, this is not about any argument.

Is David Wood correct in his interpretation of Quran 4:157 or not.

Better still, what is still your understanding of Quran 4:157 after listening to David Wood?

Thanks
No you are just xerox copy of him🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Mr. Twister andTrister

2 Likes

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 9:51am On Jan 30
Expanse2020:

No you are just xerox copy of him🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Mr. Twister andTrister

Did you listen to his video?

He gave you a proper way to interpret your Quran for consistency with respect to Quran 4:157 and other verses in the Quran.
He was not even going against you but helping you out.

Did Jesus die on the Cross?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Qasim6(m): 11:04am On Jan 30
Why do you guys even care what Allah "a supposed making of Muhammad" have to say about Jesus crucifixion?

David Wood can keep trying.
As this part of the verse "and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it, they have no knowledge respecting it and only follow a conjecture" clearly indicates he was not crucified.

And it is even obvious that the writers of the Gospels have no clear knowledge of what happened and they followed nothing but conjecture as Allah clearly states in the Qur'an.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 12:33pm On Jan 30
TenQ:

Did you listen to his video?

He gave you a proper way to interpret your Quran for consistency with respect to Quran 4:157 and other verses in the Quran.
He was not even going against you but helping you out.

Did Jesus die on the Cross?
Listen to Yourself
Some that doesn't know the context of the holy book we be telling about it..
SMH for both of you...
But I asked a question but you didn't answer it
When Jesus died and waked up no one saw it from the tomb till he reached the upper room and until he came out to them no one's know he is inside the upper room too....no be juju be that🤣🤣🤣
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 1:14pm On Jan 30
Expanse2020:

Listen to Yourself
SMH for both of you...
When Jesus died and waked up no one saw it from the tomb till he reached the upper room and until he came out to them no one's know he is inside the upper room too....no be juju be that🤣🤣🤣
On the contrary. The Disciples buried Jesus and
Mary was the first to see Jesus after His resurrection at the grave before the other disciples.
But His disciples saw Him after His resurrection. They even touched Him and He taught them why it is important that the Messiah died and be resurected.

Unlike one man who claimed without an iota of evidence or witness that Jesus wasn't even killed nor was He crucified on the cross but it only appeared so.

Unfortunately, he could not explain
1. Why Allah deceived Mary the mother of Jesus with all his Apostles and the Disciples of Jesus?
2. Who was crucified instead of Jesus?
3. Did Jesus go to heaven in secret or in the presence of at least one person? Who was this person?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Expanse2020(m): 2:05pm On Jan 30
TenQ:

On the contrary. The Disciples buried Jesus and
Mary was the first to see Jesus after His resurrection at the grave before the other disciples.
But His disciples saw Him after His resurrection. They even touched Him and He taught them why it is important that the Messiah died and be resurected.

Unlike one man who claimed without an iota of evidence or witness that Jesus wasn't even killed nor was He crucified on the cross but it only appeared so.

Unfortunately, he could not explain
1. Why Allah deceived Mary the mother of Jesus with all his Apostles and the Disciples of Jesus?
3. Did Jesus go to heaven in secret or in the presence of at least one person? Who was this person?
Where did de meet him is not the upper room again where see and touch him

And which Mary met her at the tomb..where did you read that one from🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 4:30pm On Jan 30
Expanse2020:

Where did de meet him is not the upper room again where see and touch him

And which Mary met her at the tomb..where did you read that one from🤣🤣🤣

Can you first explain

Where Mary Met Jesus and Which Mary
John 20:11,16:
"But Mary was standing outside the tomb, weeping. Then, while she was weeping, she bowed down and gazed into the tomb . … Jesus said to her, “Mary!” And turning, she said to him, “Rabboni!” (which means, Teacher)."
John 20:18: "Mary Magdalene went, announcing to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord, and these are the things that he said to me.”"

Where Jesus met His disciples After His resurrection
1. John 20:19: "Then, when it was late on the same day, on the first of the Sabbaths, and the doors were closed where the disciples were gathered, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst, and he said to them: “Peace to you.”"

2. John 20:26: "And after eight days, again his disciples were within, and Thomas was with them. Jesus arrived, though the doors had been closed, and he stood in their midst and said, “Peace to you.”"

3. John 21:1: "After this, Jesus manifested himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias. And he manifested himself in this way."

4. Acts 1:3: "He also presented himself alive to them, after his Passion, appearing to them throughout forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God with many elucidations."

5. Acts 1:9,12: "And when he had said these things, while they were watching, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight. … Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mountain, which is called Olivet, which is next to Jerusalem, within a Sabbath day’s journey."
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 4:40pm On Jan 30
Qasim6:
Why do you guys even care what Allah "a supposed making of Muhammad" have to say about Jesus crucifixion?

David Wood can keep trying.
As this part of the verse "and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it, they have no knowledge respecting it and only follow a conjecture" clearly indicates he was not crucified.

And it is even obvious that the writers of the Gospels have no clear knowledge of what happened and they followed nothing but conjecture as Allah clearly states in the Qur'an.
Why do I care?
According to you Muslims, Did Jesus die on the cross? Is your answer THE TRUTH

I care for the Salvation of people who sincerely Reject the Messiah who is to be their guarantee for Paradise for a man who is leading them to an unknown destination.

1. You do not know the purpose of the Messiah on the earth
2. All Muslims according to Allah will enter hell fire before Allah will remove them and leave the evil doers on their knees
3. Even the best of you Muslims cannot Guarantee paradise according to Mohammed as everything depends on the destiny of Allah
4. To reject the true God, you were presented with an alternative upgraded from the custodian of the Kaaba to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

I am to open your eyes to the TRUTH of God because, this TRUTH shall set you Free!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Qasim6(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30
TenQ:

Why do I care?
According to you Muslims, Did Jesus die on the cross? Is your answer THE TRUTH

I care for the Salvation of people who sincerely Reject the Messiah who is to be their guarantee for Paradise for a man who is leading them to an unknown destination.

1. You do not know the purpose of the Messiah on the earth
2. All Muslims according to Allah will enter hell fire before Allah will remove them and leave the evil doers on their knees
3. Even the best of you Muslims cannot Guarantee paradise according to Mohammed as everything depends on the destiny of Allah
4. To reject the true God, you were presented with an alternative upgraded from the custodian of the Kaaba to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

I am to open your eyes to the TRUTH of God because, this TRUTH shall set you Free!

Thanks for your concern, I prefer to follow Jesus teachings by following the will of the Father rather than the will of Paul.

By the way do you think Psalms 91 is a Prophecy about Jesus?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 7:12pm On Jan 30
Qasim6:

Thanks for your concern, I prefer to follow Jesus teachings by following the will of the Father rather than the will of Paul.

By the way do you think Psalms 91 is a Prophecy about Jesus?
But Allah says he's not your Father!

So, how can you follow the will of the Father who has disowned you.

Qur'an 19:92
For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.

So, which Father do you refer to?

Psalms 91 is a hymn of David about ANYONE that who trust in the Lord for his protection: including me TenQ . I don't think it is only about Jesus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by Qasim6(m): 9:28pm On Jan 30
TenQ:

But Allah says he's not your Father!

So, how can you follow the will of the Father who has disowned you.

Qur'an 19:92
For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.

So, which Father do you refer to?

Psalms 91 is a hymn of David about ANYONE that who trust in the Lord for his protection: including me TenQ . I don't think it is only about Jesus!

God is like a father to us all in the sense that he provides and cares for us all. What we reject is the Christians understanding of Father-Son relationship of God and Jesus.

If Psalms 91 is something that have to do with Jesus in the slightest, how do you reconcile that with a crucified Jesus that prayed to God concerning the crucifixion in Gethsemane and also have it in mind that Jesus said in John 11:42 that God always hear him.

1 Like

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 9:55pm On Jan 30
Qasim6:

God is like a father to us all in the sense that he provides and cares for us all. What we reject is the Christians understanding of Father-Son relationship of God and Jesus.

You too look at this :
Can a slave call his slave master Father?
Every Father knows his children AND no father will enslave ANY of his children.

Have you ever in history come across a CHILD of a Slave Owner who is also a SLAVE of his father?

Qasim6:

If Psalms 91 is something that have to do with Jesus in the slightest, how do you reconcile that with a crucified Jesus that prayed to God concerning the crucifixion in Gethsemane and also have it in mind that Jesus said in John 11:42 that God always hear him.
I guess it's only in Islam that Allah does EVERYTHING you Muslims ask in Prayer.
Do you think Mohammed prayed to Allah after he ate the poisoned Lamb?

In the Christian Faith:
God Hears Every Prayer
God Answers Every Prayer BUT only according to His overall Longterm Will and Purpose.

The purpose of Christ was to be the LAMB of God to take away the sin of the World and
It is a PAINFUL spiritual and physical Burden to carry!

This was why Jesus said:
Lk22:42
42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

Prayer is not about our WILL but God's WILL.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by AuthorMan: 10:56pm On Jan 30
Expanse2020:

Listen to Yourself
SMH for both of you...

When guys like you try to make mockery of the Bible I wonder if your head has a brain at all.

Jesus ate and drank with a set of people. They knew him personally.
They were there when he was caught by the Jews. They forsook him but Peter followed him and the crowd from afar. So, he saw and heard all that happened. All he saw was documented.
When Jesus was on the cross, he spoke to one of the desciples who was at the foot of the cross with his mother. (John)
"Son watch over your mother, mother watch over your son"
The Bible says from that day the disciple took Mary home to take care of her.

All these things were documented by the disciples who saw these things.
But fooools like you have chosen to believe someone who had no dealing with Jesus. Some who came several hundreds of years after claiming one Angel appeared to him.

Common sense demands you to believe eye witnesses and not someone who came hundreds of years after the incident. Someone who could be under the influence of only God knows what grin

You and your likes lack common sense.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 11:51pm On Jan 30
AuthorMan:

When guys like you try to make mockery of the Bible I wonder if your head has a brain at all.

Jesus ate and drank with a set of people. They knew him personally.
They were there when he was caught by the Jews. They forsook him but Peter followed him and the crowd from afar. So, he saw and heard all that happened. All he saw was documented.
When Jesus was on the cross, he spoke to one of the desciples who was at the foot of the cross with his mother. (John)
"Son watch over your mother, mother watch over your son"
The Bible says from that day the disciple took Mary home to take care of her.

All these things were documented by the disciples who saw these things.
But fooools like you have chosen to believe someone who had no dealing with Jesus. Some who came several hundreds of years after claiming one Angel appeared to him.

Common sense demands you to believe eye witnesses and not someone who came hundreds of years after the incident. Someone who could be under the influence of only God knows what grin

You and your likes lack common sense.
Don't mind them.

Islam with lies and hypocrisy : they are against Paul for not being a direct disciple of Jesus, yet Mohammed is so far away from. Jesus with not one single indirect connection, yet they believe him against every historical source that Jesus was niehter crucified nor killed.

Shameless people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 2:00am On Jan 31
Expanse2020:

Cc
Qasim

You have to be drunk and lost in insane delusion to be a Muslim.

All historical records we have about Jesus confirmed he was crucified.
All non biblical authors who wrote about Jesus confirmed he was crucified.
People who had nothing to gain from the so called death of jesus and are disinterested in his final fate all wrote and confirmed he was crucified.
Josephus, a Jew wrote Jesus was crucified
Tacitus an enemy of Christianity wrote in 110 AD that Jesus was punished and justly crucified by Pontus Pilate.
Mara bar sarapion a stoic philosopher writing in 74 AD confirmed Jesus was crucified.
Suetonius and Pliny, both Roman historian with disdain for Christians confirmed Jesus was killed by crucifixion.
Thallus, the first historian to write about jesus in 50AD described the night Jesus was killed.

All ancient historical sources we have both extant and references confirmed Jesus was crucified.
All western atheist scholars admitted the cruxifixion and baptism are the most valid fact about jesus.

Yet a man came out of a cafe 700 yrs later and told his followers the Jews killed their Messiah and rejoiced thereafter.
That the Koran could write such absurdity- that jews rejoice after killing their Messiah, shows the Koranic
lack of historical awareness and poor knowledge of contemporary events.

The Jews will never kill their Messiah, rather they will worship him.

The Koran is not a book from God. It's a plagiarized book from Muhammed. The only way the book can be from Allah is if Allah is not God Almighty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by SIRTee15: 2:13am On Jan 31
Qasim6:

Cc lukuluku69, antichristian, honesttalk, ohyoudidn't

If U believe God is your father, then you have left Islam. There's a reason the Koran call u slaves and not children.
Your Allah insist he has no children and forbid anyone calling him father or his children.

The Jews and the Christians each say, “We are the children of Allah and His most beloved!” Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “Why then does He punish you for your sins? No! You are only humans like others of His Own making. He forgives whoever He wills and punishes whoever He wills.

Here your Allah condemned the Jews and Christians for saying God is their father.
U guys are slaves to Allah, accept your position and be comfortable with it.

Now let me ask u a question to prove your Koran is not from God.

Did Isa in the Koran(not Jesus of the bible) ever called Allah his father.
When Isa was walking the surface of this earth preaching the injil to the Jews, b4 Allah took him, did he ever open his mouth to say 'Allah is my father'

Pls do not reference the bible. I want the answer from the Koran or hadith. Did Eesa ever say 'Allah is my father' when he living in this world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by MightySparrow: 4:04am On Jan 31
TenQ:
I stumbled on this video by Dr David Wood: He is educating you Muslims on the proper interpretation of your Quran on Jesus death and resurrection (which your scholars mistranslated to suit their narrative).

Most Muslims are convinced that Quran 4:157 denies the crucifixion of Jesus. But have they been misinterpreting the Quran all along? Do other Quran verses suggest that Jesus did die? And can other Quran verses provide a different understanding of 4:157?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMe9tCCs2h8

I plead with you to watch the video and decide if his interpretation makes sense in resolving the Islamic problem of denying the historically supported death of Christ.

Question :
Do you STILL think that Quran 4:157 mean THAT was neither crucified nor killed
OR
That Jesus even though killed was taken up to Allah in heaven therefore the Jews are wrong about their boast that they succeeded in killing him.

This is not to argue anything with you o!

All my Friends on Nairaland:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, aekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, atsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana , compton11, Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo Satmaniac saintHot, drlateef, Donkmore Akinbahm , IMEI , FATHAT , talk2hb1 , iamrealdeji , Encyclopedia1 , SWATMan rolams aheeqilmaktoom , Bintdawood , Flanker , Raheeqilmaktoom , rolams ,honesttalk21 , Negroid001 , Nvestor02 , Coolsat, iamrealdeji madridguy Almunjid MohammadSAW , STRI1 Explore2xmore satmaniac Ohyoudidnt , 4islam ThatFairGuy1 BroOptimist. Bakrabas. Musa95 Ibrahimlagosian Explore2xmore
hakeemhakeem ItsReal correctguy101 Qasim6 youngdroly Bliss52 Qasim6 truthday

cc: MightySparrow SIRTee15 ANTIlSLAM innotutorial FxMasterz advocatejare

Allah is the best deceiver. He deceived and still deceiving Muslims out of salvation provided through the crucifixion
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 5:31am On Jan 31
MightySparrow:

Allah is the best deceiver. He deceived and still deceiving Muslims out of salvation provided through the crucifixion

Can you articulate the points David Wood made in this video?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by MightySparrow: 8:16am On Jan 31
honesttalk21:

Allah is the best of deceivers.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by honesttalk21: 8:29am On Jan 31
@MightySparrow
Do you comprehend English?
Articulate his points, arguments and his conclusion so we can see how well they agree.

Is this difficult for you to understand or you don't want to analyse the folly in his argument as well as your own following of a faulty argument?
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 9:25am On Jan 31
honesttalk21:

The summary is this:
1. The Jews boast that they killed Isa the Son of Mary
2. Allah is saying that this is not true because
a. He was the one who caused it to be (if you like--through destiny) and as such, the Jews are only following the will of Allah (unknowingly)
b. Isa is with him Alive in Paradise.

The whole verse is to show that the Jews have no power to do other than what Allah has destined to be and that all their activities were preordained by Allah and not them.

This is consistent with:
Qur'an 3:55
Lo! God said: "O Jesus! Verily, I shall cause thee to die, and shall exalt thee unto Me, and cleanse thee of [the presence of] those who are bent on denying the truth; and I shall place those who follow thee [far] above those who are bent on denying the truth, unto the Day of Resurrection. In the end, unto Me you all must return, and I shall judge between you with regard to all on which you were wont to differ

and

Qur'an 19:33
There was peace on me the day I was born, and will be the day I die, and on the day I will be raised from the dead."

Of course, most of the scholars of Islam tries to misinterpret I shall cause thee to die, from Qur'an 3:55 as

1. O Jesus, I will take you to Myself
2. Lo! I am gathering thee
3. I will take thee

for the word mutawaffeeka (متوفيك) which means "cause to die"

This is the breakdown: that the Qur'an is NOT saying that Jesus did not die but the power of death and life is in the hands of Allah alone

Thanks!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 9:27am On Jan 31
MightySparrow:

Allah is the best of deceivers.
Even the Muslim scholars have learnt the art of deception from satan to the point that they are fully on autopilot!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 9:28am On Jan 31
honesttalk21:
@MightySparrow
Articulate his points, arguments and his conclusion so we can see how well they agree.

Is this difficult for you to understand or you don't want to analyse the folly in his argument as well as your own following of a faulty argument?
I have articulated the video for you!
Check!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by TenQ: 9:31am On Jan 31
Mr AntiChristian, Mr Lukuluku69
I have articulated the video for you here, what do you think?

The summary is this:
a. He was the one who caused it to be (if you like--through destiny) and as such, the Jews are only following the will of Allah (unknowingly)

The whole verse is to show that the Jews have no power to do other than what Allah has destined to be and that all their activities were preordained by Allah and not them.

This is consistent with:
Lo! God said: "O Jesus! Verily, I shall cause thee to die, and shall exalt thee unto Me, and cleanse thee of [the presence of] those who are bent on denying the truth; and I shall place those who follow thee [far] above those who are bent on denying the truth, unto the Day of Resurrection. In the end, unto Me you all must return, and I shall judge between you with regard to all on which you were wont to differ

and

There was peace on me the day I was born, and will be the day I die, and on the day I will be raised from the dead."

Of course, most of the scholars of Islam tries to misinterpret I shall cause thee to die, from Qur'an 3:55 as

3. I will take thee

This is the breakdown: that the Qur'an is NOT saying that Jesus did not die but the power of death and life is in the hands of Allah alone

Thanks!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by MightySparrow: 9:45am On Jan 31
TenQ:

I have articulated the video for you!
Check!

Abi o.
Truth no dey get second version.
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by MightySparrow: 9:46am On Jan 31
TenQ:

Even the Muslim scholars have learnt the art of deception from satan to the point that they are fully on autopilot!

Taqiyyah.
grin
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by NairaLTQ: 9:51am On Jan 31
MightySparrow:

Taqiyyah.
grin
See how they purposely misinterpret Qur'an 3:55 to say what they want Allah to say!

TenQ:

The summary of David Wood's submission is this:

This is consistent with:

and

3. I will take thee

Thanks!
Re: When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? by MightySparrow: 9:54am On Jan 31
honesttalk21:
@MightySparrow

His argument is valid.

Mohammed appeared about 600 years after the Ascension of the Lord Jesus and began to rewrite the Jewish history. He said Imran gave birth to Mary the mother of Jesus!
It was revealed to Mohammed by Allah.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

100 Prophetic Declarations For Somebody This 2015 / Is Being A Worker In Church The Only Way To Serve God? / Crossover Night: CAN Directs Churches To Operate At 50% Capacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.