Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

[advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? (4199 Views)

Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? / Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? / Best Operating System For Programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by BigStar1(m): 11:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
Hello, I just want you to share your good and bad experience with mini laptops with me. And to ask if it will be good for both programming and webmaster jobs. Thanks
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by ektbear: 1:27am On Nov 08, 2011
Won't compiling stuff be very slow?

What are the specs of the machine?
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by yommysomguy(m): 1:35am On Nov 08, 2011
Nah. Dont use mini laptop 4 dat
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by BigStar1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2011
Thank you all. I now get a Dell Inspirion.
Ram = 3GB
HDD =500GB;
Processor = Intel Duo core
Speed = 2.13
Webcam, bluetooth, wirless, card reader and battery = 6 cell

Thank you all for the advice.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by richy5(m): 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
i WANT TO KNOW LEARN HOW TO PROGRAMMING BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.ANYBODY SHOULD HELP ME WITH SOME LITTLE STUFF HE/SHE KNOWS.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by Afam4eva(m): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
You wan crash the laptop?
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2011
I tire oooo
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by kelz88(f): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
Wouldn't recommend mini laptops for sh1t. Got one. Can be slow as hell.

Only good thing I can think of is the size/weight.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by wewe1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
@richy:

i WANT TO KNOW LEARN HOW TO PROGRAMMING BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.ANYBODY SHOULD HELP ME WITH SOME LITTLE STUFF HE/SHE KNOWS.

That makes two of us
can someone/somebody help?
really want to learn programming, java etc
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by sebastinta(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
nooooooooooooooooo, it ll kill ur processor sooner dan u think
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by sebastinta(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
we we:

That makes two of us
can someone/somebody help?
really want to learn programming, java etc

if u really wanna learn start wiv C language, u can learn any oda lang easily
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by BodyKiss(m): 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2011
The screen size is a problem for me to start with.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by mcneal: 1:30am On Nov 24, 2011
Big Star:

Thank you all. I now get a Dell Inspirion.
Ram = 3GB
HDD =500GB;
Processor = Intel Duo core
Speed = 2.13
Webcam, bluetooth, wirless, card reader and battery = 6 cell

Thank you all for the advice.

This is NOT a mini laptop.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by sebastinta(m): 5:21am On Nov 24, 2011
mcneal:

i wonder ooo, mini laptop has got atom processor
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by Decryptor(m): 6:18am On Nov 24, 2011
I won't advice cos no matter the speed of a mini, they all come with "Intel Atom" processor which has a low performance and might result to system crashes
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by MrResource(m): 7:10am On Nov 24, 2011
na wa ooo
i never knew, here i am learning Python with my compaq mini.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by eprynce(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2011
For those who want to learn to program, it's very simple. U need to first decide the language of choice. As for me, I do C#.NET ( c-sharp .NET). I can help if u are really interested.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by ETPower(m): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2011
If you want to work with it, you need to buy a laptop with good configuration.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by richy5(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2011
@ e_prynce i need your help, you can add me on messenger to give me info on how to do that or post some introduction to this my mail,baba95@gmail.com.fankx man.
Re: [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? by BigStar1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2011
mcneal:

Funny one. Mind you, I did not specify that i bought a mini a laptop. I opened this thread when i wanted to make a decision on which laptop to buy. Just to know people's comments on it. And based on people's advices. I went for a normal laptop.

(1) (Reply)

Let Share Codes / Why Doesn't Anyone In Nigeria Code In A Lisp / Is Freelancing As A Software Programmer Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.