Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Celebrating A Friend: A Guide - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Celebrating A Friend: A Guide (99 Views)

Celebrating A Decade Of Excellence: 3chub's 10th Anniversary Extravaganza! / My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party / Bride Pushed A Friend After Seeing Her Dancing With Her Husband On Wedding Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating A Friend: A Guide by Lasbaba(m): 10:28am On Jan 30
“Olowo ori Oko Àníké”, the one who pays the pride price of and the husband of Àníké. Àníké is an oriki, a cognomen for a woman in Yorubaland. It means someone who deserves to be cherished. Well, love it or hate it, Ibadan men don’t joke with their wives. So, if you want to be ‘ké’ (cared for, cherished), Ibadan Man is your plug. An original Ibadan man doesn’t need the help of “Aloma” or “Origin” and other aphrodisiacs to satisfy his wife.

A bearded and chocolate young man with an emerging protruding stomach typical of “zaddy” or Sugar Daddy. His name is a combination of Yoruba and Islam: Adewale Dhikrulah Adéyẹmọ .

Yoruba name, Adéwálé, means the crown has come home. The morphology :
Adé — crown
Wá- come
Ilé- home, house

The shortened form of the name is Wálé, meaning, come home. In the Benin Republic, Adéwálé is written as Adéálé.

Though he isn’t a prince but as an Omo Ibadan — through paternal lineage (a son of Ibadan), he has a right to the Olubadan crown like other sons of the soil Ibadan. The Olubadan (The king of Ibadan) chieftaincy title is not hereditary. So, any son of Ibadan is invariably a Prince

His Arabic and Muslim name is “Dhikrulah”, meaning, remembrance of Allah. The morphology of the name are:
Dhikr — Remembrance
Allah — The Creator of the universe, The Unmoved Mover.

The Yoruba variant of Dhikrulah is “Sikiru”. Many people call him Sikiru. As it is customary, Yoruba always have their variants of ‘foreign’ names for easy pronunciation. As a Muslim, he cemented the remembrance of his Creator by visiting two of the holiest sites in the world -Mecca and Medina — for a lesser hajj during Ramadan. Is he an Alhaji? I leave that to Islamic scholars.

His last name, Adéyẹmọ, means royalty, and crown befits a child.
The morphology of which is:
adé — crown
yẹ — befit
ọmọ — child

And last to his acclaimed much-vaunted pet name is ‘Mr Possible’. Only he knows why he chooses to be called that. Is it for motivation? I don’t know. Maybe it was a reference that it is possible to get the crown -and become Olubadan; after all, he was named Adéwálé.

Whether he will bring the crown home — by becoming an Olubadan — I don’t know. The probability is only high that the Olubadan crown isn’t coming home.

Maybe we can morph the prefix of Adéwálé — “Adé” — and suffix of “níké” from Àníké to make it “Adéníkę”. Àníké is a cognomen of his wife. Adéníkę is then translated as the crown 👑 is cherished or the royalty is cherished.

He was born during the regime of one of the brutal dictator in Nigeria. Do I still need to tell you his exact age? A Yoruba adage says, half a word is enough for the wise.

Above all, he hasn’t chosen the path of the Olu of Ibadan (the king or head of Ibadan) since the ladder to it begins with “Mogaji”, which loosely means family head. For now, he chooses to be the Olu of his household.

May your days be long, my guy!
Salam.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Join Tips Today With Our Hollybet Games Platform !! / Celebrating Stars: The Winners Of The Infinix Unleashyourvibe Competition / Laff4good First Edition With Marvelous Daddysaroi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.