Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now (31929 Views)

Bamise: How Lagos BRT Driver Raped Female Passengers – Witness / I Raped Her At Gunpoint To Regain My Respect - Rapist Tells Police / 14-Year-Old Girl Slashes The Joystick Of Man Who Almost Raped Her In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Haaland21: 6:21pm On Jan 30
freeborn02:

Imagine this lover of backwardness and mediocrity now advising someone else how to run his business.

You can't even differentiate between right and wrong when electing a president and you think you are the next source of advice for a company?

You are an insult to common sense

7 more years and 4 months for Jagaban.....

Take it easy on yourself
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by braine(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30
Cocolatti:
It may not really be about paternity. It may be that she suddenly realise she can make money if she go to court. However, there's every possibility the sex was consensual.

Yes, you are correct! That's another angle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by SaLongs1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 30
Anguldi:
This gender and drama, that's why they dislike each other tongue
Na that ya name I dey look. Anguldi of Bukuru?
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Anguldi(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30
SaLongs1:
Na that ya name I dey look. Anguldi of Bukuru?
Yup, I see you bro cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by justking(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30
Okay
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Emaprince: 6:53pm On Jan 30
freeborn02:

Imagine this lover of backwardness and mediocrity now advising someone else how to run his business.

You can't even differentiate between right and wrong when electing a president and you think you are the next source of advice for a company?

No mind all these oppressed that love their chains so much.

They want good things for others, but not for their country. They support those that have looted the country dry, even when they aren't gaining anything from the loots. Talk about classic Stockholm syndrome traits.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Ayjunior551: 6:54pm On Jan 30
see below

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Chizelum(f): 6:56pm On Jan 30
Nigerians especially ladies also have their shares of sexual assaults from these randy ride drivers.
Gory stories. Safety precautions should be put in place to protect passangers from falling victims. Pepper spray comes handy here because justice after act might take forever to come.
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by DWJOBScom(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30
FreeStuffsNG:
Lyft has pushed back on the allegations in the lawsuit, telling CNN in a statement that the alleged assault took place during an “off-app” ride hours after an official Lyft ride with the same driver. The company also said it only became aware of the alleged incident years after it took place.

To stop these things, don't do offline and regulators must insist that both drivers and passengers wear body camera during the ride.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

God bless you
The way people take to this offline eh

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Konquest: 7:15pm On Jan 30
FreeStuffsNG:
She says she gave birth to a child after a Lyft driver raped her in 2019. Now she’s suing

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/30/tech/lyft-lawsuit-tabatha-means-driver-assault-allegations/index.html

When they arrived at her destination, the driver allegedly insisted on helping her inside, “purportedly due to her intoxication,” and despite her protests. Once inside, he assaulted her repeatedly, the complaint states.

My take on this: Simply run a full DNA test on all the probable Lyft drivers as of 2019 to detect the alleged rapist. If it matches the DNA of the baby, then you have the culprit. [This test has already been done and the culprit's DNA matches that of the child]. A boy has a right to know his real father though regardless of the circumstances surrounding his birth.

Women get intoxicated easily than men because they do NOT have the same amount of the body enzyme, alcohol dehydrogenase that men have more of. Women have to take it easy on drinking alcohol when out clubbing or partying to avoid getting drunk and getting sexually assaulted or even killed afterwards by serial rapists. Period.

Last but not least, I have always been an advocate for severe punishments for rapists.
Chemical castration with hard labor and public shaming must be implemented to serve as a deterant to potential rapists.
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by SaLongs1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 30
Anguldi:

Yup, I see you bro cheesy
Salutations and nough respect!

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by finallybusy: 7:46pm On Jan 30
White women and throwing the word “rape” about. Na so them run many Naija guys local when I school that way.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Timothy89(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30
freeborn02:

Peter obi, Atiku and Tinubu was never an option so shut up with that your thrash

What did obi do in anambra state? He left money, so? Let him take it now if he won't be sleeping in efcc cell. Rubbish and Biafra

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Mayoisemj4real(m): 8:01pm On Jan 30
But why..
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by eyinjuege: 8:05pm On Jan 30
Left has over 4000 cases of their drivers sexually assaulting their customers..
Yet some men here are trying to blame the women/victims.
Whether she reported the case 5 years ago when it happened or now, that doesn't change the fact that she was raped . There's evidence with the birth of a baby
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by eyinjuege: 8:09pm On Jan 30
Konquest:

When they arrived at her destination, the driver allegedly insisted on helping her inside, “purportedly due to her intoxication,” and despite her protests. Once inside, he assaulted her repeatedly, the complaint states.

My take on this: Simply run a full DNA test on all the probable Lyft drivers as of 2019 to detect the alleged rapist. If it matches the DNA of the baby, then you have the culprit. A boy has a right to know his real father though regardless of the circumstances surrounding his birth.

Women get intoxicated easily than men because they do NOT have the same amount of the body enzyme, alcohol dehydrogenase that men have more of. Women have to take it easy on drinking alcohol when out clubbing or partying to avoid getting drunk and getting sexually assaulted or even killed afterwards by serial rapists. Period.

There is DNA evidence of who thw rpaist is. Read the whole article
I'm not sure why he wasn't criminally prosecuted, though it states rape may be difficult to prove even though he's the father of the child
There's an post of the front page of an elderly woman raped by a laborer colleague and he murdered her afterwards by crushing her skull with a huge brick. She wasn't drunk, I'm sure she wasn't indecently dressed either. Rapists are evil

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by ObalendeCMS: 8:16pm On Jan 30
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by bluefilm: 8:17pm On Jan 30
End time driver
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by funshint(m): 8:27pm On Jan 30
The American law system has a lot of loopholes which makes it vulnerable to women with malicious act at the detriment of men. Like how is the firm responsible for this...like they should take responsibility for another man's action? It's the way all these oyibo women easily blame being drunk as the reason for rape. The lives of a lot of men have been destroyed by these people.
God help men!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by franugo(m): 8:41pm On Jan 30
braine:
Since 2019! Lol.

Sex probably happened that night, if it did, it was obviously with her consent.

Theres probably a recent discovery of paternity fraud, so she's looking for whom to blame it on after 5 years.

Actually no....she saw that other ladies were cashing out by suing the ride company so she joined the bandwagon. Did you not notice that for all the phantom mental suffering the driver put her thru, she did not think to sue him, instead she sued the company cause that's where the payday is

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by franugo(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30
[quote author=eyinjuege post=128206657]Left has over 4000 cases of their drivers sexually assaulting their customers..
Whether she reported the case 5 years ago when it happened or now, that doesn't change the fact that she was raped . There's evidence with the birth of a baby[/quot

There's evidence it was a rape? Where's it? Or is the word of mouth of the lady 4 years after the fact the evidence?

2 Likes

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Judolisco(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30
As a bolt driver, I have picked up a lot of sick people before.... Drunk people dat I don't even know how they booked a ride and some would end up forgetting phones in my car.... Na dangerous job..

I picked up two sisters one day, d eldest dropped before they got home and I dropped d little sister at her destination on d map... Only for d elder sister to call me dat when she got home her sister was missing and her number was switched off ..... Make Ino lie my mind cut into two and I started preparing what I was going to tell d police... I said she should keep on trying her line... Hopefully she didn't call back grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by freeborn02: 9:05pm On Jan 30
Timothy89:

Peter obi, Atiku and Tinubu was never an option so shut up with that your thrash

What did obi do in anambra state? He left money, so? Let him take it now if he won't be sleeping in efcc cell. Rubbish and Biafra

If tinubu only had access to the limited resources in anambra like Peter obi, he would have achieved nothing.

Despite lagos huge igr, tinubu still put the state in debt as governor.

Can you point out the number of companies that tiinubu's policies bring to lagos when he.was a governor?
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Babangidapikin: 9:12pm On Jan 30
SultanOfAbia:
Women get "fish brain"

Someone raped you in 2019.

You no report..

You give birth to the pikin

Then suddenly, in 2023 you decide to report the case.

Make them steal my car in 2019
Make I no report to police until 2023 when I don wake up from my slumber.

Women truly have "Fish Brain"

How can you say she have Fish Brain .. she was married ..do you know what trauma and shame she has to go through ..

The driver should be taking to desert and drop there on the fifth day ...a koboko specially made from Kano should be use to give him 300 strokes of the cane ...

a woman is a goal keeper anyone can play, but it takes effort for a man to score a goal ..reason why people don't believe men can be rape ..because normally your mind should be far away ....but how many men can truly go and report they were rape without getting that look ..
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Konquest: 9:43pm On Jan 30
eyinjuege:

There is DNA evidence of who thw rpaist is. Read the whole article

I'm not sure why he wasn't criminally prosecuted, though it states rape may be difficult to prove even though he's the father of the child

There's an post of the front page of an elderly woman raped by a laborer colleague and he murdered her afterwards by crushing her skull with a huge brick. She wasn't drunk, I'm sure she wasn't indecently dressed either. Rapists are evil
Yes, I originally saw the reference to the male culprit's DNA in the long article. I only made reference to a DNA test for the Lyft drivers for emphasis.

"Means has not filed criminal or other charges against the driver. Abrams noted that given the time that has passed since the alleged assault took place, it could be harder to succeed in a criminal case than in the civil case against the company. After genetic testing indicated the driver was her child’s father, Means said she declined to seek child support because she did not want further interaction with him."

DNA tests have been used to nail rapists in the U.S. many years after the crime has been committed, so, if there's evidence that she got pregnant and has a child for this man, then he is the culprit and deserves to serve time in a correctional center as punishment. A good attorney would ensure this rapist gets punished for violating this woman despite being intoxicated.

Indeed, like you've stated here, there are many ways through which women have been raped for centuries by vile men and not just through being drunk. I have always been an advocate for chemical castration or even the real castration as punishments for this rapists around the world with hard labor as part of the punishment otherwise this will persist and women have to lead the way in ensuring there is stronger legislation in this area. The men will then know how serious the rape situation is.
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Beverlyjean(f): 9:45pm On Jan 30
eyinjuege:
Whether she reported the case 5 years ago when it happened or now, that doesn't change the fact that she was raped . There's evidence with the birth of a baby

She's a fool.... we know alot ofcwomen that have lied on this same rape issue just to smile the bank... she isn't interested in looking for the accused ...but is solely focused on the company, so to cash out. ... she is a criminal, I'm sure she invited the guy after drinking and get Hot....

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by abbey621(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30
Konquest:

My take on this: Simply run a full DNA test on all the probable Lyft drivers as of 2019 to detect the alleged rapist. If it matches the DNA of the baby, then you have the culprit. A boy has a right to know his real father though regardless of the circumstances surrounding his birth.

Did you read at all? Paternity test already confirms the father, I'm guessing the guy is a bum hence the bigger money maker is going after the rideshare company.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by abbey621(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30
eyinjuege:

You stated 4000 as if that means anything, 4000 out of 40 million rides is what? About 0.01%, Lyft authorized over 40 million rides per year in the USA alone, so because of 0.01% chance of something bad happening, all accusations should be believed? You see why evidence is very crucial in cases like this!

1 Like

Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Konquest: 10:07pm On Jan 30
abbey621:

Did you read at all? Paternity test already confirms the father, I'm guessing the guy is a bum hence the bigger money maker is going after the rideshare company.
I only referenced the DNA aspect for EMPHASIS. I'll re-edit that post right away so that folks don't misquote me.

I read the FULL article and saw that the lady distanced herself from the bum of a rapist like you have stated here. It's must have been really emotionally draining for that woman to have been violated by a man she only had contact with once.

A good U.S. attorney should be able to argue in favor of the woman because Lyft or any other rideshare firm should properly profile their drivers by running security checks on them.
Re: She Says She Gave Birth To A Child After Lyft Driver Raped Her In 2019,Sues Now by Hassanmaye(m): 10:19pm On Jan 30
SultanOfAbia:
Women get "fish brain"

Someone raped you in 2019.

You no report..

You give birth to the pikin

Then suddenly, in 2023 you decide to report the case.

Make them steal my car in 2019
Make I no report to police until 2023 when I don wake up from my slumber.

Women truly have "Fish Brain"
May he has become Rich 🤑

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo of 60yr Old Pastor Arrested With Hard Drugs Worth N609m At Lagos Airport / Residents Catch Gang Leader Caught Stealing, Put Him Inside Tyre (photos) / Wife Slits Husband's Manhood Over Food Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.