Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

Barbing And Shaving Haircut With Sword Or Knife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Barbing And Shaving Haircut With Sword Or Knife (177 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barbing And Shaving Haircut With Sword Or Knife by PCHC(m): 5:21pm On Jan 30
[Ezekiel 5:1]

“And you, son of man, take a sharp sword, take it as a barber’s razor, and pass it over your head and your beard; then take scales to weigh and divide the hair [NKJV]

“Now you, son of man, take a sharp sword. Use it as a barber’s razor to shave your head and your beard. Then take balances to weigh and divide the hair. -- [TLV]

You heard Him right. This was an instruction but not a doctrine; an illustration, but not a pattern to follow. The discipleship from here is to surrender your hair and beard to the Lord’s use when He would use them for the ministry and message that must both be published and accomplished. A disciple like Ezekiel the son of man would be ready to use or lose his hair and beard, including shaving them in ways that they speak forth the words of the prophecy or gospel of the Lord. However, it’s important they are instructed and guided by the Lord on ways they shave/barb their hair and beard for those hair/beard to carry the anointing, prophecy, significance, thorns and crowns of God.

• Samson’s hair, Samuel’s hair, and Nazarites’ hair were to bear the anointing of Spirit, and they were not to allow razor or blade come in contact with the hair of their head. [1 Samuel 1:11, Judges 13:5, 16:17, Numbers 6:5]

• But the Priests chosen by God from the descendants of Zadok were to trim their hair or beard in lowcut, but not to completely remove them; because they bear the consecration of Priesthood [Ezekiel 44:20]. This was not just for the priests of the sons of Zadok, but also for the descendants of Aaron, who are priests forbidden to make “Baldness” or complete riddance of the hair and beard in a haircut now called “Skin” as you saw in profile picture. For baldness or skinned head (void of hair) is unholy for Priests according to “Leviticus 21:5-6.”

• Men of God like Elisha and Paul had bald head, and yet they were carrying hairless anointing. And even Paul was of the opinion that if a man have long hair it is naturally a shame for him (1 Corinthians 11:14).

• In the top bible verse above, the son of man, Ezekiel was instructed to barb his hair. However, it does not mean his should barb it skin or bald; for he yet had the lock of his head, which the Hand of God pulled him with afterwards. As it is written,

[Ezekiel 8:3 MKJV] - And He put out the form of a Hand, and took me by a lock of my head. And the Spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heavens, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the opening of the inner gate facing north, where there was a seat of the image of jealousy, which provokes to jealousy.

I learnt to barb my own head by myself without needing a Barber, and to shave my beard with my own hands without going to a salon or shop for haircut. I have not used sword or sharp knife like the son of man was instructed in the Bible verse above; and not even a plain razor blade do I remember using thus. But I only used clippers or shaving sticks with the blade or razor not directly held with my fingers.

Is the Lord our God a Barber? Does He support haircuts since He makes hair grow and He numbers the hair of His beloved people? A prophecy revealed the Lord God Himself would be a Barber to barb or shave people in a particular given day. [Isaiah 7:20]

MAIN BIBLE VERSE COMMENTARY
[Ezekiel 5:1]
“Now you, son of man, take a sharp sword. Use it as a barber’s razor to shave your head and your beard. Then take balances to weigh and divide the hair.

Another difference between my barbing/shaving myself and the way the Lord instructed Ezekiel to do so in this top Bible verse is in what happens next to the hair the man has cut off from his head and beard. I usually flush my hair as waste down the WC or Washhand basin, and in fewer times I cast them outside or set them ablaze. But in the bible instruction above, it is not the son of man barbing his own hair that is the message/prophecy, but what he does with his own hair after he barbed and shaved them that bears the message/prophecy.

Some people’s hair are just worthless and useless as soon as those hair leave their body; but some other people’s hair have more value and importance as soon as those hair are cut off from their body, like those whose hair carry significant weight after leaving their body. Example with Absalom’s hair:

[2 Samuel 14:25-27 TLV] - Now in all Israel there was none as handsome as Absalom — so highly praised. From the sole of his foot to the crown of his head there was no blemish in him. When he cut the hair of his head—at the end of every year he would cut it because the hair got so heavy on him that he had to cut it. The weight of the hair from his head was 200 shekels by the royal weight. To Absalom were born three sons and one daughter, whose name was Tamar—she was a beautiful woman.

After the son of man, Ezekiel have used a sword or sharp knife as his clipper to barb his head and shave his beard, he was to weight his fallen hair with a scale of balance machine and then share or divide those fallen hair into groups. They all came from the same head, but they shall be assigned different fate by different message.

Remember, in this bible verse, the Lord was still continuing with the instructions He began giving to Ezekiel in the preceding chapter, [Ezekiel 4], in which he was to put up one man’s show/drama to illustrate his prophecies and messages to both Israel and Jerusalem. Starting with illustrating the siege of Jerusalem, laying on one side of his body for months to bear the sins of Israel and Judah, eating rationed food and bread baked with cow’s shit; here in “Chapter 5” he was also to barb/cut his own hair and beard in his illustrative message and demonstration of his prophecies.

For the preceding Chapter and verses Commentaries of Ezekiel 4, go to
www.peterch.com/bible-commentary/ezekiel-4

Re: Barbing And Shaving Haircut With Sword Or Knife by PCHC(m): 5:21pm On Jan 30
+

Re: Barbing And Shaving Haircut With Sword Or Knife by NoSmoking: 5:51pm On Jan 30
Na because of hair cut u write all this things?

Hair wey I dey cut at least two times in a month

🥵
Re: Barbing And Shaving Haircut With Sword Or Knife by PCHC(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31
NoSmoking:
Na because of hair cut u write all this things?

Hair wey I dey cut at least two times in a month

🥵

I wrote all these things, not because of haircut but, because of the messages and inspirations I got from that Bible Verse only (EZEKIEL 5:1)

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan Begins On Monday As Crescent Moon Is Sighted In Saudi Arabia / If There Is Only Life On Earth, Why Did God Create Such A Vast Universe? / Catholic Bishop Celebrate Easter With Moslems, Nigerians, Traditionalists, Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.