Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me (511 Views)

Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. / Help, Honda Accord Skips Second Gear With Loud Thud / Please Help!! My Rx330 Gear 10pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by Tollyton(f): 9:03pm On Jan 30
Good day everyone,

My Rav4 2gr V6 2008 model had a gear issue in the year 2021, took to a mecho and he adviced I changed to 10pin that fixing a 13pin is not reliable which he did without it's brain box .

It worked but always make sound at reverse ,a year after i took it back to the gear mecho when the car develop another gear slack. I paid again for another repair and back on the road.

Sadly again, December last year 2023,the gear didn't enter reverse again and will make noise . I took it to another gear mech not the previous one due to his no whereabout and the new idiot couldn't fix it . He changed everything in the brainbox and lo the gear didn't enter drive nor reverse anymore .

He ran and left the car like that since then . Now, I want to change the gear instead and the gear seller is saying I shouldn't buy 13pin again but 10pin again with brain box now.

I need help and advice from the car gurus here , please help a sister out as I am tired and don't want to waste my hard saved money not in this bad economy. 13pin or 10pin with brainbox and with reasons.

Also, give me price range for both .Thanks
Re: 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by Chicagograduate(m): 9:44pm On Jan 30
Sell the car and use the money to build a house in your village or state.
Re: 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by kingreign(m): 7:30am On Jan 31
Tollyton:
Good day everyone,

My Rav4 2gr V6 2008 model had a gear issue in the year 2021, took to a mecho and he adviced I changed to 10pin that fixing a 13pin is not reliable which he did without it's brain box .

It worked but always make sound at reverse ,a year after i took it back to the gear mecho when the car develop another gear slack. I paid again for another repair and back on the road.

Sadly again, December last year 2023,the gear didn't enter reverse again and will make noise . I took it to another gear mech not the previous one due to his no whereabout and the new idiot couldn't fix it . He changed everything in the brainbox and lo the gear didn't enter drive nor reverse anymore .

He ran and left the car like that since then . Now, I want to change the gear instead and the gear seller is saying I shouldn't buy 13pin again but 10pin again with brain box now.

I need help and advice from the car gurus here , please help a sister out as I am tired and don't want to waste my hard saved money not in this bad economy. 13pin or 10pin with brainbox and with reasons.

Also, give me price range for both .Thanks

Better buy the direct gearbox meant for that car and stop throwing money into white elephant projects.

2 Likes

Re: 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by Tollyton(f): 9:26am On Jan 31
Thanks so much.God will bless you.
The direct gear box is 13pin and I will do just that .

kingreign:

Better buy the direct gearbox meant for that car and stop throwing money into white elephant projects.

1 Like

Re: 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by SpaceAngel: 10:27am On Jan 31
Buy the normal gear that came with the car 13 pin don't bother doing conversion as you'll finally end up buying 13pin when it fails
Re: 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by Itsrm(m): 10:19pm On Feb 01
SpaceAngel:
Buy the normal gear that came with the car 13 pin don't bother doing conversion as you'll finally end up buying 13pin when it fails

Does it always fail?
Re: 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by esiri4jesu(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03
Go for 13pin but you need a good mechanic for the buying and installation.
Re: 13pin Gear Or 10pin Gear With Brainbox ? Pls Advice Me by SeaTrade(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03
I just changed 13pin,
750k for the gear,
Oil and labour will gulp another 100-150k,
Then also if you got the right one in the first attempt,fine.
If not,back and forth waybill cost.
But I'd advise,replace with what was there as installed by the makers.All these conversions always end up in disaster.

(1) (Reply)

Speed Limiters Enforcement: June 1 Remains Sacrosanct —FRSC / Honda Accord (adidass) Automatic Gear Box / FG Okays Five-year Expiry Date For Driving Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.