Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Prologue To My Just Completed 240 - Page Novel "End Time Chronicles" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prologue To My Just Completed 240 - Page Novel "End Time Chronicles" (83 Views)

Intimacy 18+ Prologue / Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prologue To My Just Completed 240 - Page Novel "End Time Chronicles" by Oluti(m): 11:07am On Feb 01
This is the prologue to my unedited new novel "End Time Chronicles: Lucifer's Covenant Part 1"
I need a critique of the work and also a film producer to turn it into a movie script before I publish it online.

Prologue

The black apparition stood with arms akimbo and jeered at Pastor Adam - the General Overseer of the Vineyard – in a voice that sounded like a blacksmith hitting a raw iron. Brown, ugly-looking teeth protruded from a mouth wide enough to crush the head of a full-grown cow. An incandescent pointed horn in the middle of his forehead illuminated his enormous round head. Flame undulated around the horn. Two eyes as big as saucers burned with the intensity of two suns in his head. Gorilla-like hands dangled by his side, extending below the knees of two legs bent backward like two huge damaged Massai hunter's bows. Imprints of sharp hooves trailed him as the ground shook with the weight of his body. The apparition's fingernails moved with lives of their own. His huge ten-foot body towered over Pastor Adam like a giant over a dwarf.

He pointed a crooked finger at Pastor Adam. The pointed finger ignited on the point of its six-inch nail. The finger grew until it touched Pastor Adam's chest. His clothes caught fire. Fire engulfed Pastor Adam from the top of his head to the toes of his feet but did not consume him. He jumped up in panic and shook his body. Fire fell from his body and burned in a circle around him. "I am Shadrach in the Valley of Flame," He exclaimed. Pastor Adam looked at the fire around him, and his face registered his surprise.
Unmitigated hatred burned in the apparition's eyes. "Who are you?" The apparition's voice rumbled like a river rushing down a mountain. "I am the son of the Most High. Who are you, too?"
The apparition looked at Pastor Adam with renewed interest." Oh, I see. You are one of those meddlesome idiots," the apparition sneered, "I will teach you a lesson today to mind your own business." He pointed his middle finger at Pastor Adams. He rotated the finger anticlockwise in a slow motion.
Pastor Adams rose six feet above the ground against his will. His heart contracted. Something heavy pressed on it. The resultant pain altered his vision. He must do something fast or die. He willed himself to be strong. Nothing happened.
The apparition burst into an eerie laughter. "Not strong enough, you know. You don't have the fire. You need more than the blood of Jesus to stop me."

How did the apparition know he would pray the blood of Jesus? He would call his bluff. He must remain calm. His vision blurred. The shape of the apparition began to go out of his focus. "Dear God, do not let me die in the hand of this ungodly creature. How could I? I must not die but live to declare the glory of my father. I am a son of the Most High. This unholy creature before me is of the devil," Pastor Adams prayed. Nothing happened.

Pastor Adams cried out in a loud voice, "In the Naaaaame of Jesus, I command you, agent of the devil, before me, fall down and die.” "Fall down and die." The apparition chuckled, "So you believe those prayers you teach your members would work on me." He threw his head backward, raised his hands above his head, and shouted, "I can never die. I am immortal. I am Demondenim, the enforcer. Prepare to meet your maker."

The creature snapped his fingers twice. Pastor Adams began to spin around in the air like a piece of paper in the middle of a whirlwind. Faster and faster until the entire tree around shook. Dry leaves and dust filled the sky. Pastor Adams could not see beyond his nose.
The Pastor was no match for the one who called himself Demondenim. If only he had continued fasting until the seventh day, he would have been ready for Demondenim. "Unto your hand, I commit my soul, Pastor Adam murmured a prayer. Pastor Adam no longer cared if he lived or died. Lucifer has won. "He is awake," a strange voice said.
Pastor Adam opened his eyes. People stood around him in a semi-circle. He must be in heaven. Angels! They all must be Angels! "Pastor Adam, what happened?" Evangelist Emmanuel shook Pastor Adam. He peered into his eyes. Pastor Adam inhaled the smell of fresh peppermint. Angles cannot smell of peppermint.
A violent cough seized Pastor Adam. He coughed until watery tears ran in his eyes. Dry leaves and dust filled his lungs. "I had a terrible dream in which… "That was no dream, Pastor, "Evangelist Esther interrupted, "we were in the middle of a prayer point you raised when suddenly, you started to float in the air! We held you down to prevent you from flying away."
“Demondenim,” Pastor Adam murmured.

"Who is he?” Evangelist Emmanuel asked. "We wondered what kind of name you wrote on the wall over there." He pointed to the opposite wall inside the church.
Pastor Adam stood up and fell back on the floor with a loud thud. The elders lifted him. Sweat covered all of them. He followed the direction of Emmanuel's pointed finger. Written in bold letters on the wall in his handwriting, 'Demondenim is here.'
"A great calamity is about to occur in this country and worldwide. We need intense prayer to survive the onslaught of the devil. His most trusted agent is here. His name is Demondenim, the enforcer."
"Pastor, is he the Antichrist?" One of the elders asked.
"I don't think he is the antichrist, but he is something equally terrible."
"Is he in Nigeria right now?"
"Yes, he is right here now."
"How do we recognize him?"
"You cannot because he will be just like you and me. He will deceive many and lead them away from the path of salvation. He will seduce many with his tongue. He may be a politician, a union leader, or a pastor."
Evangelist Emmanuel's voice dropped, "God help us all," He prayed.

(1) (Reply)

Comprehensive Guide To Guest Blogging: All You Need To Know / Grammarly, Chatgpt, Canva, Turnitin, Quillbot And Chat GPT / Make More Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.