Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. (47832 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 01
post=128237840:

Our Reply at dem MANNA......

You and your APC ilks got Nigeria into its current situation!!!πŸ–•πŸ˜’πŸ™„

8 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by system21: 5:48pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:

Exactly.

My prayer points keep changing every day with how dire the situation is getting in Nigeria. I pray for something today, but when I check the news or go outside, I find myself having to change my prayer points again, if you know what I mean. It's becoming exhausting in this country.

Even for the basic things I need in this country, I find myself having to "work too hard" for them

Imagine me praying for common NEPA to bring electricity to keep my business moving.

Haaa
In this Tinubu calamitious regime a family man with capital base N5m will go back to village if he did not tie his belt very well

8 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Franklyspeakin: 5:48pm On Feb 01
You brought this on us
post=128237840:

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 5:48pm On Feb 01
nairalee:
Born a Nigerian
Born into a poor family
Born ugly
Born without connections
Born timid
Raised with threats of future failure if u don't follow the rules
Grow up under systemic failure
Marry fellow poor spouse
Give birth in poverty

THE VICIOUS CYCLE OF POVERTY CONTINUES

you dey craze? how dare you call any human being ugly? na oyinbo no ugly? You are so st ew pid - that you have to call people born in Nigeria ugly - thunda faya ya papa yansh - ogun kee yaa mama - what kind of self hating is this na ? IF YOU WON JAPA - PLEASE GO - Leave others who cant travel the heck alone - there are people sleeping in the streets in EUROPE and USA - while there are people sleeping on bed in Nigeria- so the world is how you make it work for you - stop insulting others - THE SLAVERY WEY DEY HUNGRY YOU all in the name of JAPA- MAKE U GO ENJOY AM stop calling anyone in Nigeria UGLY - Thanks!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_aLAYQiSo?si=KoPgHaCfRZnYxOlZ

11 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by planetx: 5:48pm On Feb 01
ogbonti:

na lie - stop lying - yes abroad things may be better than Nigeria in most areas but stop the hype - I have lived here almost 30 years in America - lived in New York and California (Orange County) - a high brow area for more than 10 years - we had some power issues at least 7 times in those 10 years no one brought us anything to apologize - abeg stop the hype - THANKS
LOL same Nairaland someone said if your child sprained their ankle abroad, helicopter will land in your backyard to take them to the hospital.

12 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Dijita: 5:48pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and internet bills here are even lesser than in Nigeria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.

what country is this where they bring doughnuts and ice cream to apologize for no light?

8 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by mariahAngel(f): 5:49pm On Feb 01
abba190:
grin grin grin grin grin Gambia

You're laughing? undecided
At least, their economy is stable.

3 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 5:49pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and internet bills here are even lesser than in Nigeria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.
Here, if they give us light for 3hrs we will sing their praises and even erect statues for them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

5 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Jangbajantis: 5:49pm On Feb 01
bunmioguns:
no need envying

it is not easy anywhere

we gather dey naija together

as long as this life dey

hope plenty

don't stop hustling

and never be ashamed of your hustling
Poor man's mindset.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by SuperOnyi: 5:50pm On Feb 01
post=128237863:

You've said it all. πŸ‘
END OF THREAD.

shocked

grin

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 1TrippleCee: 5:50pm On Feb 01
Dyfynezz12:
True,I always feel bad that my visa application was rejected twice last year.
To travel out as a Nigerian is difficult nd will get worse in the next couple of years
The situation of the country is very disheartening, cox the future of a young guy like me keeps getting bleak due to the decisions of our old fools.Making it legitly is now hard cox every decisions our leaders take always turns out for the worse
3 days ago I was almost kidnapped by police men for having a credit alert of a particular amount if MONEY a relative in US sent to me for business.
I bailed myself with 30k.
It's well

Omo
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 5:51pm On Feb 01
planetx:
LOL same Nairaland someone said if your child sprain their ankle abroad, helicopter will land in your backyard to take them to the hospital.

no mind them - i am not against anyone japa - at least its good to go see for yourself the paradise on earth you think you are missing out on by living in Nigeria - and experience they say is the best teacher - but I hate it to the marrow of my bones seeing people lie here about the same abroad - USA for that matter that I have lived in almost 30 years of my life - haba angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by mipeesoft(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01
Your last statement is very scary, may GOD intervene on naijas matter
tensazangetsu20:

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by MasterTeeUSA: 5:51pm On Feb 01
another hopeless comment meant to create hopelessness in people....let your words edify. How is internet and light cheaper? Cheapest Electricity is $250 - $300 during winter time...that's close to N400,000 a month and internet can be as much as $80 which is about N120,000 for a month of use. You japa to UK...yes you will work but those care jobs are no different from bricklayers or laborers in Nigeria...you feel them in your body true and true...even security jobs. Ask those with the experiences...ask about people that got sick and relocated at mid age, ask about our people in mental institutions, ask about our people with strokes abroad...yet we come online and sell paradise that is not real for average Nigerian abroad.

tensazangetsu20:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 1TrippleCee: 5:52pm On Feb 01
Fortuneed:
Dollar and pounds should remain as it is now for the next 8years.... Anything less, I might commit suicide!

Stop wishing yourself evil. Say postiive things to yourself.
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Britishpea: 5:52pm On Feb 01
As a man thinketh in his heart!

People can make it anywhere. But you see mindset, it’s a killer and raiser of destinies. Most people won’t amount to anything in life because of how they think.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Karleb(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

Omo! See enjoyment. shocked
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 5:53pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

Even outside Nigeria it is not as easy as you think.
Like for an example I know people who sold houses, left well paid jobs but are stranded over here.

Even my self after japaying with millions of Naira I still de hand with one leg...
Money don't grow on tree anywhere even jobs are not easier to see. The ones available they are asking for skills that comes with experience in the country u migrated to.

Just think ahead how to mitigate the current crisis and if you have money to japa abeg be extremely careful. Don't allow any body swt mouth it for u.. Before throwing that money in ocean.

Unless in a situation where the company hired you direct from Nigeria, helps processes your visa then u start working instantly other than this... It's thougher out there than you imagine

We must all join hand to vote good leaders, changes the narrative of this country even if its through revolution

9 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Rinoxy: 5:54pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

I get your point, but u see that ur last statement will not come to pass by GOD'S grace. We see a new Nigeria despite the negativities today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01
Animegirl:
Words can't express how I weep for this country; my future lies in the hands of this nation.

As a young lady striving for success, it seems to be getting harder each day. Things are becoming more expensive, with an increase in the dollar exchange rate.

Life now is about surviving, not living. cry

my sister I'm tired 😴 I was payed two days ago, right now is 2k that is remaining. I had 1.7k in my bag, entered the market to buy items for soup, withdraw another 4k, what followed me home was barely 1k.

1 Like

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by CockPit: 5:55pm On Feb 01
abba190:
jobs?

You create jobs.

You can make a killing with farming and lots of cheap labor. You can open a store or restaurant. Try to work and save a little money and then look for a good business you can do.

2 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Smithwilliams826: 5:55pm On Feb 01
while some people for NL dey pray make dollar hit #2000

4 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by Karleb(m): 5:55pm On Feb 01
Dobodobo04:

Don’t envy them. Nigeria will be better soon.

We can take advantage of weak naira by starting to export Nigerian products. Government should make airports and seaport export ready!!!

The jobs abroad aren’t as many and even if you get the jobs, there are many deductibles before you enjoy your take home pay.

Also, if you want to Japa and take full benefits of abroad, learn technical skills like welding, plumbing, electrician, nursing, coding, mechanics, machinists, etc.
We look down upon these jobs in Nigeria but they are money making crafts abroad.

If you Japa with just a degree in business admin or any foolish course, you will either wash toilet or look after old people abroad.

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by ogbonti: 5:56pm On Feb 01
MasterTeeUSA:
another hopeless comment meant to create hopelessness in people....let your words edify. How is internet and light cheaper? It is $250 during winter time...that's close to N400,000 a month and internet can be as much as $80 which is about N120,000 for a month of use. You japa to UK...yes you will work but those care jobs are no different from bricklayers or labors...you feel them in your body true and true...even security jobs. Ask those with the experiences....yes we come online and sell paradise that is not real for average Nigerian abroad.

no mind them - the people selling paradise about japa have not slept up to 4 hours a day for the past 3 weeks hoping from one job to the other working themselves to death just to pay bills - NOT TO even save and that is the cycle they will be in the next 25 years - yet people who can build house - run a business and even have a car that they payed for in cash in NIGERIA are envious of those JAPARIANS running after bus and train in western world trying to work crazy jobs in the bitting cold winter - ona eyes go clear when ona reach abroad - BUT please dont sell your house or land to japa oooo e get why

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01
Nigeria is not easy now at all but we still give God the glory for the precious gift of life, i believe one day everything will be fine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by emonis88: 5:58pm On Feb 01
Where r d "this govt il favour me n my family" crew?
Where r d Mc Oluomos , who Igbos were their problem?
Where r the Emi lokans?
Mc should go fight all d Igbos in Lagos, even Nigeria , so that the dollar rate il come back to 200 naira per dollar.
That seemed to be d solution to Nigeria's problems during the election.

7 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by mariahAngel(f): 6:00pm On Feb 01
Nigeria just need two things to be better again; open the borders to allow free flow of foods/goods again, and bring back subsidy, and I'm sure things will be good again.

The damage started when Buhari closed the borders (in a desperate bid to enrich his people).
Wicked man!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by israelmao(m): 6:00pm On Feb 01
My Redeemer lives no matter what it may be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by bunmioguns(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01
Jangbajantis:

Poor man's mindset.

thank you sir

abeg help my life rich man

I need help seriosuly

3 Likes

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by 004gist: 6:02pm On Feb 01
tensazangetsu20:

The day they took the light out for 3 mins here to do some maintenance. They brought doughnuts, ice cream and burgers to apologize grin grin. I remember when internet went out for just 5 mins, the next day the internet company was here to double check everything. The funny thing is the light bills and [b]internet bills here are even lesser than in Nig[/b]eria. It's really terrible and to be honest the current Nigeria you are experiencing is paradise compared to the Nigeria in the next few years.

Please be truthful don't mislead people
I pay over 70 pounds for gas, over 100 pounds for electricity.

Please let's me truthful.

When it comes to Japa we made if fancy but never allows people to see the true cost of Japa and the exact cost of settling down is another stuff all entirely.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. by studyless123: 6:02pm On Feb 01
CockPit:

Don't give up your dreams my dear and do not stop fighting for them.

All my life, it had always been my dreams to live Nigeria because I felt like I was born into the wrong country.

It took me five years to fight for it. I would spend hours every day researching into every country's Immigration system from UK HSMP to Netherland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. I would write letters to embassies.
Eventuly it paid off and I am now a proud citizen of Gambia.

If I can do it, you can too.

Wow. I love your spirit. That's the spirit. We never give up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video! / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.