Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

I Have Finally Left Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Finally Left Nigeria (61866 Views)

Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
Happy new month to everyone and I wish to thank God for his grace so far.

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.

1333 Likes 114 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kriss216: 12:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
Anywhere but Nigeria is a welcome development.

God bless you TogoBroz.

NB; please stay away from Nigerian girls over there.

635 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
All the best brother!

198 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by NoahHadNoArk: 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Go and Succeed

278 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:

God bless you TogoBroz.

My ears are on the ground, I heard most of them here came to hustle so I dey my lane.

358 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 12:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
Merlissa:
All the best brother!

Thanks brother.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 12:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
NoahHadNoArk:
Go and Succeed

Amen!!! I receive it.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kriss216: 12:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

My ears are on the ground, I heard most of them here came to hustle so I dey my lane.
Correct.
You're on the right track.

193 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by AYNL: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
congrats bro
success in all endeavors

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Kilotat: 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
GoodLuck, Stay Safe, and know that someone up in the sky is protecting your life

186 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
AYNL:
congrats bro

success in all endeavors

Thanks

12 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kilotat:
GoodLuck, Stay Safe, and know that someone up in the sky is protecting your life

Amen!!! I appreciate.

27 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Mykelslim: 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Go and succeed
God bless your hustle �

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by TheKingsmann(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congrats

7 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Centrallock: 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

I have been a hustler for long trying to make ends meet and at a point I was able to save about 1.5million naira to travel to China but unfortunately I was duped and my hard earned money went to voicemail. I kept struggling and saving money to go to Europe but I was denied visa twice to two different countries and then I gave up.

I decided not to travel again but the stress and insecurity in Nigeria has been worrisome especially in my region so I decided to travel to any french speaking African country and just experience a whole new different life outside Nigeria. My initial plan was to go to Burkina Faso or Equitorial Guinea and I did some research that would guide me as I didn't know anyone in both countries and I was just determined to go on this adventure myself.

I saved up some money which got to almost 3 million naira and then I crossed my heart and made my trip. From Nigeria I crossed into Benin Republic and then to Togo where I was supposed to cross to Burkina Faso. On getting to Togo it was quite late so I had to pass the night in a cheap hotel of 2000cfa franc. In the hotel I met some Nigerians going to Ghana with some friends based in Togo. I was hearing their conversations as they drank at the bar while I sat alone with a bottle of their local beer Castle.

Being that in Togo I discovered they hardly speak English, I decided to introduce myself to those Nigerians so that I can make some enquiry from them and that was how we all got talking and gisting till late night. The guys based in Togo told me alot about Togo and how life is cheap if one has some capital to get accommodation and start a small business. I was made to understand there is steady light, water and security in the small country. The next day I was suppose to leave for Burkina Faso I decided to pay for the hotel room for a week and explore Togo a bit. The guys I met that were based in Togo already were really helpful and they took out time to show me around, know the prices of stuffs and where to buy cheap stuffs as well. I began to fall in love with the country except for the fact that most people don't understand English, though some try to understand and speak a little so you have to scatter the English for them to understand.

I decided to find a house and few days was enough for that. I got a room and parlor self contained house for 30,000cfa a month and paid a year which is 360,000cfa. They hold 6 months as deposit and after six months I start paying 30,000cfa monthly or anyhow I wish to stretch it based on my pocket. I just furnished it a little and I am just chilling with steady light on a brief. The house has a prepaid meter so I recharge and use according to my power.

After making some deep enquiry about what business to start at least for now, I bought a tricycle they call Apsonic here in Togo. It cost 1.4million cfa brand new plus the plate number registration and all. Then I found a driver who took it on hire purchase to balance 2.5million cfa at 25,000cfa per week.

My good people, I know I have not reached where I am going but I bless God for where I am coming from. Right now I just relax myself planning my next move while every Saturday I wait to receive my weekly salary. With life here if you are someone that knows how to manage, even 1000cfa can feed you a whole day so I am really doing my best to see how much I can save by the end of this year over here and know my next move.

Please you all pray for me as I also pray for you all. The journey of a thousand miles always start with a footstep.
Would have been helpful if you helped with the exchange rate.
I checked google but am doubting the figures
Above all i am glad you took a step it's well bro

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by PrinceInTheNort: 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Nice one. You are on the right track

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Davidganna10: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

congratulations

My advice to you would be to learn French to C2 level, write TEF for Canada immigration. Good luck.

200 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Togobroz(m): 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Davidganna10:
congratulations

My advice to you would be to learn French to C2 level, write TEF for Canada immigration. Good luck.

Honestly you have read my mind. I am searching for where I can enrol for french classes so that I learn the french. My plan is to find way to France or Canada.

245 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kriss216:

God bless you TogoBroz.

How can anywhere but Nigeria be a welcome development?? undecided

We need to drop our desperation and use our head and think.

U made 1.5m and then 3m in Nigeria then ran to unknown Togo?? undecided

289 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by luemz(m): 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz:

Honestly you have read my mind. I am searching for where I can enrol for french classes so that I learn the french. My plan is to find way to France or Canada.

while looking for where to learn, you can use language learning apps like Duolingo.

it's really good.
all the best Sir.

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by tutudesz: 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Congrats O!!

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by inoki247: 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
People blaming Nollywood for everything you can all see everyone is desperate is either you want to leave or some are finding money desperately cos the Economy nd security is not smiling....

11 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by walemoney007(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
H
Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by BUSHHUNTER: 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Don't go back home, enjoy your stay and good luck

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by olioxx(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Togobroz don't let anybody discourage you with their harsh words.
I wish you success. May the land favour you.
Once you have funds just Japa again from Togo.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by nony43(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bro save more and try and relocate to the overseas.

13 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by ChangetheChange: 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
grin grin grin grin
U sef don finally escape Buhari and his APC Zombies next level

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by LILTJAY1: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
I see lalasticlala viewing grin

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
grin
Bring Togo bread when you dey come back grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by 9jayes: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
Anyway good luck broh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Stronghold91: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
congratulation

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Left Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
Félicitations mon gar...
Je vous souhaite une bonne chance..

40 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Edo Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids, Cries In Lagos (Photos) / Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.