Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents (14488 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested In South Africa For Selling Drugs To Schoolchildren / Lady Commits Suicide After Threatening To Go Join Her Twin In Heaven / Mad Man Attacks Schoolchildren In Ogun, Kills 2 (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by membranus: 8:35am On Feb 02
tenpipsperday:
Keep teaching Obi lessons. Where's Seyi? He has abandoned you all.

The kidnapping and killing that are happening in Obi's backyard are more and bizarre than the ones happening in the SW.

So don't gloat over this, first remove the beam in your own eye before noticing the flint in another person's eye.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Godfullsam(m): 8:35am On Feb 02
The state governor should pay na. The state governor failed in his primary responsibility to protect the lives and properties of his citizens.
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by NeeKlaus: 8:43am On Feb 02
jrobbins:
I was discussing with an acquaintance yesterday and this is what I said. The government should get up to it's duties and live up to it's expectations
Nobody should crowd fund for kidnappers else we'd soon get to a stage where they'd be demanding for billions.
Exactly.
If we keep on enabling their ransom demands, more kidnappers will spring up and become more bold about it.

The Police should use one of these cases as a deterrent to other kidnappers but do we even have a Police Force in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by toujurs: 8:48am On Feb 02
Marvieduke:
I just don't know what say, but what I know is God is watching.....
See fine girl wey set, like today's bread, can i butter your bread? cheesy
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Nato008(m): 8:51am On Feb 02
jrobbins:
I was discussing with an acquaintance yesterday and this is what I said. The government should get up to it's duties and live up to it's expectations
Nobody should crowd fund for kidnappers else we'd soon get to a stage where they'd be demanding for billions.
So as the govt seems useless should those people have to use there lives to pay for the incompetence of this country......if this was in sane countries by now s State of emergency would have been declared and these guys hunted down like animals but hey u can't even see the outrage on news channels.....Omo may this country never happen to us
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by toujurs: 8:52am On Feb 02
Godfullsam:
The state governor should pay na. The state governor failed in his primary responsibility to protect the lives and properties of his citizens.
this isn't a state problem, This is a national problem. The state government need support, from the federal government. This is what tribal bigotry causes. And i heard these fulani guys were requesting for cough syrup alobg with the 100million, I pity the girls among them. their lives will never be the same.
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Prosper91(m): 9:09am On Feb 02
But Ekiti gave Tinubu the highest number of votes...
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by arantess: 9:11am On Feb 02
MallamSpicey:
Kidnappers threatening to kill Ekiti schoolchildren – Parents

Kidnappers threatening to kill Ekiti schoolchildren – Parents
2nd February 2024

Dayo Oyewo and Abiodun Nejo
Kindly share this story:

The kidnappers of five pupils and four staff members of the Apostolic Faith Group of Schools, Emure Ekiti, are threatening to kill their victims should the parents fail to pay ransom on them as quickly as possible.

The families of the kidnapped disclosed to The PUNCH on Thursday, that the abductors had reduced the ransom to N15m.

This was as the police said they had arrested 13 suspected in connection with the Monday killing of two Ekiti monarchs-the Onimojo of Imojo, Oba Olatunde Olusola and the Elesun of Esun Ekiti, Oba Babatunde Ogunsakin, by suspected kidnappers.

Gunmen operating on the Emure-Ekiti — Iporo Ekiti road attacked a bus conveying over 25 pupils of the Apostolic Faith Group of Schools, Emure Ekiti, after closing hours.

Relatives of the victims in separate telephone interviews with one of our correspondents, said the kidnappers who initially demanded N100m, reduced it to N15m after negotiations with the families.

The families, however, said the abductors insisted on the prompt payment of the reduced ransom warning that the kidnapped children were becoming weak.

According to them, they also threatened to kill the victims, if the relatives failed to pay the ransom.

Kidnappers’ ransom

The Principal of the secondary section of the school, Boje Olanireti, had on Tuesday told The PUNCH that although there were over 25 pupils in the bus, five were taken away with four staff members.

The schoolchildren were abducted on the same day gunmen killed two Ekiti monarchs-the Onimojo of Imojo, Oba Olatunde Olusola, and the Elesun of Esun Ekiti, Oba Babatunde Ogunsakin, while the Alara of Ara Ekiti, Oba Adebayo Fatoba, narrowly escaped.

In an interview with The PUNCH on Thursday, Pastor Clement Adebisi, whose wife, Mary, was among the kidnapped staff members, said the kidnappers told them to get the money on time while revealing that the children were already getting weak.

He said his wife was on the bus with his three children but the kidnappers took the woman away and left the children.

Adebisi stated, “We just spoke with them two hours ago and they concluded that we should pay N15m. They told us that the children were already getting weak and we should find the money on time and come and take them out of their place. “

“One of my children who tried to follow her mother was beaten and thrown into the bush. It was the eldest sister that went to carry her. She even fainted twice when they got home,” he added.

Another parent, Adebisi Jegede, whose wife, Esther, and daughter Ogoolami, are among the victims, said the abductors threatened to kill their victims.

He said, “My wife is a teacher and I was the first person they called and that was the second day around 2pm. When they first called me, they said we should bring N10m each to secure their release.

‘’When they called me the second time, they started to beat my wife and the children and kept asking for money. They threatened to kill them if we did not pay the money.”

Also, Oluwadare Oniya, the father of nine-year-old Peace who is among the victims, said the kidnappers were initially offered N500,000 but they got angry and rejected it.

Also, a source, who said that about N3m had been raised so far towards the release of the kidnapped persons, said, “The gunmen are threatening that they would kill the victims if the money is not paid on time. They have asked us to bring N15m for the kidnapped persons.

“What we need now is money to secure the release of our children and wives because we just had a conversation with the kidnappers. Today, they called four to five times. They said the ransom is now 15m.”

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti State Command, Sunday Abutu, said on Thursday , said that police had arrested eight more suspects in the forests in the state in connection with the killing of two Ekiti obas.

https://punchng.com/kidnappers-threatening-to-kill-ekiti-schoolchildren-parents/
A hell hole shit hole country
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by tuzle(m): 9:12am On Feb 02
UptownVibes:
They won't kill them,its just threat so that you people will pay them.

By the way I hope emilokan knows about it ?

They should let him know ,so he can talk to the kidnappers to let the innocent kids go..

Commander in Cheat/Shit. undecided

hmmm, I pray so. Don't forget the other family they kidnapped in Abuja, they killed one just to show how serious they were.
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Diligence: 9:16am On Feb 02
Let me tell you all; these kidnappers & terrorists are cowards!

You know what is suitable for them? ESN & Sunday Igboho type of self-preservation for your region/State/LGA/Community!
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Kionrae: 9:26am On Feb 02
Everybody defend ur selves against criminals
If you be youruba man go and ask ur brother tinubu for help
Na him be general overseer for security
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Philipmoon2(m): 9:30am On Feb 02
You and who!
If we start protest today and hoodlums hijicks it, it's still you guys will be tagging it igbos, that they want to destroy Lagos, ogun, Tinubu's administration etc.
Let all of us stay and see the dividends of bad governornace
SKYHIGHfx:
No place is safe in Nigeria,. I think we need another protest, END KIDNAPPING AND KILLINGS NOW
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Glory018(f): 9:43am On Feb 02
Omo these people are heartless oo💔
Who raised these motherfuckers!!Channel your energy to your bad politicians
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Riskymarvelous(m): 9:49am On Feb 02
and nigeria president is in france watching super eagles matches and continuing enjoying himself what a shameless con3
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Keme4Real(f): 10:06am On Feb 02
Soon we might have to create a platform like gofundme for raising / crowdfunding these ransom payments.

Minister of digital economy take note.

Meanwhile I have to rush back and meet Oga Tooloomboo on the yacht. See y'all later.
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Godfullsam(m): 10:18am On Feb 02
toujurs:
this isn't a state problem, This is a national problem. The state government need support, from the federal government. This is what tribal bigotry causes. And i heard these fulani guys were requesting for cough syrup alobg with the 100million, I pity the girls among them. their lives will never be the same.

The bastards demanding for cough syrup are the ones that kidnapped some Abuja residents last week.

They included cough syrup, blankets, rice and 290m naira.

What audacity?!
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by AskNgige2: 10:52am On Feb 02
alpharoyalty:

If you protest they will tag you as ibo besides, tinubu does not believe that fulanis are responsible for majority of the security issues in the country so nothing will be done.
Remember the "where are the cows" slogan from him.
Me I will not protest so they don't tag me as ibo.

So what is the solution?
Or they should keep killing innocent children..

Bro this is my pain and depression

Killing innocent kids just like that is depressing

Aswear am not really happy, it could happen to anyone..

See the woman who gave birth after 10yrs of looking for a child, they killed her mother who came for omugwo and dumped the new baby in the nearby bush...
So annoying
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by alpharoyalty: 11:01am On Feb 02
AskNgige2:

So what is the solution?
Or they should keep killing innocent children..

Bro this is my pain and depression

Killing innocent kids just like that is depressing

Aswear am not really happy, it could happen to anyone..

See the woman who gave birth after 10yrs of looking for a child, they killed her mother who came for omugwo and dumped the new baby in the nearby bush...
So annoying

Until we kill tribalism and religion extremism, Nigeria will never move forward
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by MUNCHING2024: 11:10am On Feb 02
israelmao:
There is a political angle to this kidnapping and armed banditry.

What are you saying? Can you please give a more explicit explanation?
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by kernniejay(m): 11:32am On Feb 02
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Too bad

Since Nigerians wany to be doing tribalism

So be it

No sympathy and pity for anybody
We are talking about national crisis and you are talking about tribalism, is it Peter Obi that will single handedly go into the forest and kill all terrorists hiding there if he is the president? By the way, keep your sympathy and pity to yourself, nobody needs it.
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Offpoint1: 11:40am On Feb 02
israelmao:

A lot of evils and heinous crimes are residing in Nigerian political arena to the extent that people are careless about human lives to attain and sustain political power if not simple technology can come in handy to resolve issue of kidnapping,we all know that kidnapping venture thrives on ransom once ransom is stopped kidnapping is terminated.In line with your summation,I recently suggested planting a tiny bugging device on Naira notes being used a ransom so that kidnappers can be easily tracked by security agents but the issue is,most of the high and mighty in exalted offices are also in the business of kidnapping therefore security architectures are being compromised.

That's exactly what I suggested in the Ekiti kidnapping thread.

There are tractable money with track buds that can easily be mixed with the ransom.

Kidnappers have no time to count millions note by note. Use that medium to track them.

Solving kidnapping case is very, very simple, but our security system is compromised.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by AskNgige2: 12:57pm On Feb 02
alpharoyalty:

Until we kill tribalism and religion extremism, Nigeria will never move forward

Now who are the engineers of this tribalism?

Yeruba are accommodating, igbos are good to be with, hausa where I grew up have sense of togetherness...
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Anashe: 1:01pm On Feb 02
Poor kids 😞
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by alpharoyalty: 1:03pm On Feb 02
AskNgige2:

Now who are the engineers of this tribalism?

Yeruba are accommodating, igbos are good to be with, hausa where I grew up have sense of togetherness...

We don't need to shy away from it. It's obvious and right in our face...
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Egoveen: 2:26pm On Feb 02
Jonjam269:

Like he stopped the killing of your brothers and bodies dumped in Akwazu rivers during his tenure as a governor?
Akwazu river? grin ;DYou sound funny,not only akwazu river ko,akwa aturu river ni grin grin
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by toujurs: 2:50pm On Feb 02
Godfullsam:

The bastards demanding for cough syrup are the ones that kidnapped some Abuja residents last week.

They included cough syrup, blankets, rice and 290m naira.

What audacity?!
When i read the news, i felt really bad. I have a feeling these fulani bandits are sponsored
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 3:15pm On Feb 02
Sunnyski:

More killings are coming soon from the SW grin grin...

The wishes to your households
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02
Egoveen:
grin grin grin enjoy your jagaban in peace and stop complaining,it will get to all of you,we told you but you refused to listen,Oba of Lagos will be shaking nowgringrin because he knows he is not safe anymore,the chicken has come home to roostgringrin

Obi was never an option, tell your fúcking people, you imbecilies that was warned that nnamdi kanu and Simon has ntn to offer have the gut to be saying you told someone

I won't still vote obi next year election, deal with it, I can't vote for a man that have toxic supporters

Foooools
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Antoeni(m): 6:45pm On Feb 02
Yorubas Voting For The Asiwaju Of Insecurity is The Best Decision They Have Ever Made, Fulani Herdsmen Killing Yoruba Kings, They Should Enjoy Their Misfortune.
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Egoveen: 8:49pm On Feb 02
Timothy89:

Obi was never an option, tell your fúcking people, you imbecilies that was warned that nnamdi kanu and Simon has ntn to offer have the gut to be saying you told someone

I won't still vote obi next year election, deal with it, I can't vote for a man that have toxic supporters

Foooools
As if your vote countscheesygrin...... Your choice of president has turned you people to beggars,common to buy egg una go beg,to buy pure water una go beg,those agberos they used to rig the election dey use cigarette do food come top am pure water ,tell me who's the fool now
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by Timothy89(m): 10:02pm On Feb 02
Egoveen:
As if your vote countscheesygrin...... Your choice of president has turned you people to beggars,common to buy egg una go beg,to buy pure water una go beg,those agberos they used to rig the election dey use cigarette do food come top am pure water ,tell me who's the fool now

I'm the one suffering, you're the one pained, don't you think you need help

Southeasterners are getting eggs and pure water free of charge now

Anything 100naira in southwest is 300 in southeast and no money to even buy am, na online you mumu dey form, if I hadn't spend years in your region I would have been in that delusion still

Maalu
Re: Kidnappers Threatening To Kill Ekiti Schoolchildren – Parents by WAHLAYFRANCIS(m): 7:54am On Feb 03
Miracle112:
When will someone ever come online and see one Goodnews about Nigeria?
I weep for my country Nigeria cry cry!
Bad news everywhere, may God and gods of the land save us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Residents Nab 60-yr-old Woman With 6 Children Tied Up; It’s Fake News — Police / Police Nab Fake Soldier In Ebonyi / Man Kills Neighbour Over Bucket Of Water In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.