Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi (4377 Views)

What Business Can I Invest ₦3 Million To Yield At Least ₦150,000 Monthly? / Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Paraman: 5:12pm On Feb 02
The Chief Executive Officer of Cedrus Group, Olubusayo Adeniyi, on Thursday said the reforms and policies of the Central Bank of Nigeria will start yielding results from the second quarter of 2024.

Speaking at a press conference in Lagos, Cedrus CEO disclosed that the apex bank is working to ensure that some of the loopholes in the financial sector were blocked.

“The issue is that we are not being patient enough in Nigeria. We want to see results immediately but it doesn’t work like that. Many of the reforms rolled out by the CBN in 2023 will start to yield results in the two to three months or the second quarter,” he said.

According to the investment banker, some of the agents within the financial sector are exploiting these loopholes, the major reason for the continued depreciation of the value of naira at the foreign exchange market.

On Wednesday, the naira experienced a historic dip against the dollar on the official market, according to data from FMDQ Exchange.

The official market concluded with the naira closing at 1,482.57 against the dollar, reflecting the intensity of the currency’s downward trajectory.

To stabilise the nation’s volatile exchange rate, the apex bank in a circular ordered Deposit Money Banks to sell their excess dollar stock latest February 1, 2024.

The financial regulator believes some commercial banks hold long-term foreign exchange positions to enable them to profit from the volatile movements of exchange rates.

Adeniyi expressed optimism that the naira will regain value in the coming weeks as the CBN continues to block loopholes.

“What is causing the rise in the exchange rate is that certain people are taking advantage of the exposure of the government. That is why the CBN is charged with the responsibility of rolling out reforms and policies that will reduce that and that’s what we are seeing on banks.

“And in a couple of weeks, we will start seeing the capacity of the naira coming out and truly is not driven by economic forces. It is not a situation that calls for panicking. People should just do their business and those who have nothing to do with the forex should leave the dollar,” he added.

The CEO explained that the major problem was not scarcity of forex in the financial sector but a challenge of production across the sectors of the economy.

“Our focus should be on economic drivers. Production is the driver of every economy, when we’re not producing and we are consuming definitely will be on the other side. So, the capacity of our production is what we should focus on. And that’s what I did, I should think about what to walk daily.

“If we have more production, there will be more supply and there will be exports. And then if we have exports it will boost our external reserves and our local currency will rebound,” he said.

https://punchng.com/cbn-reforms-to-yield-results-in-q2-cedrus-boss/?amp

7 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Faiththatworks(m): 5:22pm On Feb 02
Hi
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by RepoMan007: 5:26pm On Feb 02
This man should keep shut and allow us hear words clearly. What else is going to happen other than maybe one refinery coming on board to join Dangote and planting season?

5 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by SoNature(m): 5:57pm On Feb 02
Yes, the positive impacts will start trickling in when USD has hit #3k! Compound f00ls!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Didijiji: 6:57pm On Feb 02
I Check him name and shout no wonder

These same people were impatient with GEJ

5 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by slimfit1(m): 9:51pm On Feb 02
By the time Buhari's people get there again they will turn it upside down like the last Buffoon.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by KIDfurniture(m): 6:34am On Feb 03
Lamba
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by BluntCrazeMan: 6:36am On Feb 03
Another Story Again.

Na waa.

We will save this one for them.
When the time comes, let them come and tell us many more lies again.
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Shikena(m): 6:36am On Feb 03
Spot on.
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Brendaniel: 6:36am On Feb 03
Hienna1:
Hopefully
We pray so..
But about the production.. we barely produce things here

Oga, you are still being deceived, you think production is Nigeria's major problem, no, the government is the major problem, as long as corruption which they are not ready to fight is in the government, then forget it, the naira might keep falling.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Hienna1: 6:36am On Feb 03
Hopefully
We pray so..
But about the production.. we barely produce things here

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by jmoore(m): 6:37am On Feb 03
Story for bababluu.

If you actually read what he said, you will find the main problem. Nigeria is not exporting enough. You can't fix this before the 2nd quarter. Therefore, expect nothing.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by superCleanworks(m): 6:38am On Feb 03
Until we see the summary of this plenty grammar on the fuel pump screen.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by MikoB: 6:41am On Feb 03
I have been saying this severally,Nigeria needs to block corrupt leakages in every sector, by doing this, it is then any policy of the govt will work, the economy hardship of today were the loot and corruption of many decades ago, and still the leaders of today still continue to embezzle carelessly for future hardship of the populace, there is no magic to a boom economy than a productive country, as a country what are we producing both for local or foreign consumptions? I am afraid nigeria might collapse very soon the way she is going, unless the masses start to ask questions, you cannot continue to praise the people that are destroying your future, these guys at the helms of affairs are worst than the kidnappers and armed robbers that you and I want to stone to death if been caught..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Nice2023(m): 6:41am On Feb 03
Vision less appointees.

I knew Emilokan was going to fail,when I saw the state minister of defences WAEC result.

Fear catch me.

I saw the CBN governors resume...hmm

I saw Betta Edu...they are not technocrats...they just compensated them all to come and loot the dying economy.

Pity the poor of this country,pure water now is #500.

I no kuku ma dey buy am.
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by SoNature(m): 6:41am On Feb 03
When e reach Q2, you go give one excuse grin

Nigeria don enter one chance

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by emmabest2000(m): 6:46am On Feb 03
Keep deceiving masses

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Lovenorth: 6:46am On Feb 03
Another brainless clown on the mic
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by adioolayi(m): 6:46am On Feb 03
"What is causing the rise in the exchange rate is that certain people are taking advantage of the exposure of the government. That is why the CBN is charged with the responsibility of rolling out reforms and policies that will reduce that and that’s what we are seeing on banks.

“And in a couple of weeks, we will start seeing the capacity of the naira coming out and truly is not driven by economic forces. It is not a situation that calls for panicking. People should just do their business and those who have nothing to do with the forex should leave the dollar,” he added.

I believe the bolded scatter....how can the value of Naira keeps jumping up and down within couple of hours interval... which economic transactions caused that It's just pure speculations by FX round trippers .. nothing more.

Naira gained over #100 in less than 24 hours...no be JuJu be that?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by DareCathyline32: 6:49am On Feb 03
Nothing yields results in Nigeria... It is tested fact. Until Tinubu leaves the seat
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:49am On Feb 03
Wetin concerns us concern forex, market dey skyrocket due to dollars una dey talks forex abi we no buy medicine and gadget again
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by grandstar(m): 6:54am On Feb 03
Nice2023:
Vision less appointees.

I knew Emilokan was going to fail,when I saw the state minister of defences WAEC result.

Fear catch me.

I saw the CBN governors resume...hmm

I saw Betta Edu...they are not technocrats...they just compensated them all to come and loot the dying economy.

Pity the poor of this country,pure water now is #500.

I no kuku ma dey buy am.

Tinubu was simply settling political debts,

I am sure he hates those appointed but this is politics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Nice2023(m): 6:56am On Feb 03
grandstar:

Tinubu was simply settling political debts,

I am sure he hates those appointed but this is politics

At the detriment of the poor in this country.
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by APCNig: 7:00am On Feb 03
We dey wait and watch. We want to see results, not talks.

I stand with Emilokan Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban Borgu the City Boy Extraordinaire Omo Alhaja Mogaji
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by HateBigots: 7:02am On Feb 03
Clueless government always speaking in future tenses. No visible results.

...we will...
...we are going to ...
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by grandstar(m): 7:08am On Feb 03
Nice2023:

At the detriment of the poor in this country.

Do you know anything about politics?

The policies that will help the economy grow is in the hands of the finance minister who is a technocrat.

Economies can still grow very fast despite high levels of corruption

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by ITbomb(m): 7:08am On Feb 03
In other words, they might allow the dollar to reach 3k, then next month, they reduce to 2k and start celebrating it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 7:12am On Feb 03
Government of propaganda.. Tinubu na statistics we go chop ?
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by Nice2023(m): 7:23am On Feb 03
grandstar:

Do you know anything about politics?

The policies that will help the economy grow is in the hands of the finance minister who is a technocrat.

Economies can still grow very fast despite high levels of corruption

Sorry,I have stopped to argue with u.

U are disappointingly too empty to argue with bye.

Go and re-educate yourself first.
Re: CBN Reforms To Yield Results In Q2 – Cedrus Boss, Olubusayo Adeniyi by seborrhic: 7:28am On Feb 03
Brendaniel:

Oga, you are still being deceived, you think production is Nigeria's major problem, no, the government is the major problem, as long as corruption which they are not ready to fight is in the government, then forget it, the naira might keep falling.

It's the same simpleton mindset Emilokan had.
Vian,fuel subsidy is gone, Vian float the Naira and Nigeria will now be an Eldorado.
Now see where we are.
I am only waiting for the Northerners to start protesting because it seems they are the only region that have the guts to protest against hardship and misery in Nigeria.
Their protest is also effective in making government have a policy check

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Caught In Western Union Scam / What Are The 5 Hottest Niche Market In Nigeria Today? / Nigeria Attracted $6.8bn Investments In Nine Months – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.