Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Macbook Screen Flickering Problem - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Macbook Screen Flickering Problem (244 Views)

My Macbook Screen Went Blank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Macbook Screen Flickering Problem by AbamOnyerubi: 12:01pm On Feb 04
I got a MacBook Pro 2017 on Friday, yesterday as I was setting it up and updating softwares, at some point I started having this issue.

The screen started flickering, it appears normal if I close the lid and reopen, after like a minute the problem will start again.

I can’t use it to work, I have contacted the vendor, he said I should bring it tomorrow but my fear is that I have researched for this problem and it seems like it’s a MacBook common problem especially 2015 - 2017 series.

Also, my work requires me to use a MacBook, I don’t know if I should request for a replacement, I don’t want to experience the same issue, I have already spent a lot of time and data setting up the system.

Please your advice is needed.
Thanks.
Re: Macbook Screen Flickering Problem by Onyeka90210(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04
It’s called flex gate and it’s usually repairable when given to the right engineer,
Then again you can try running MacOS on safe mode to see if it persists, may just be a software bug.
But for now you can use hdmi to use with an external monitor,
Also if you’re lucky, the screen would work well when not fully open, maybe at a 45 deg angle.
Same time you can reach out to the seller as Friday is not that far away, he may have a replacement or have it fixed.
Correction: just the 2016/2017 pro models are prone to it.

1 Like

Re: Macbook Screen Flickering Problem by AbamOnyerubi: 7:37am On Feb 11
Onyeka90210:
It’s called flex gate and it’s usually repairable when given to the right engineer,
Then again you can try running MacOS on safe mode to see if it persists, may just be a software bug.
But for now you can use hdmi to use with an external monitor,
Also if you’re lucky, the screen would work well when not fully open, maybe at a 45 deg angle.
Same time you can reach out to the seller as Friday is not that far away, he may have a replacement or have it fixed.
Correction: just the 2016/2017 pro models are prone to it.

Thanks, got it replaced.
Re: Macbook Screen Flickering Problem by Oem18(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11
AbamOnyerubi:
I got a MacBook Pro 2017 on Friday, yesterday as I was setting it up and updating softwares, at some point I started having this issue.

The screen started flickering, it appears normal if I close the lid and reopen, after like a minute the problem will start again.

I can’t use it to work, I have contacted the vendor, he said I should bring it tomorrow but my fear is that I have researched for this problem and it seems like it’s a MacBook common problem especially 2015 - 2017 series.

Also, my work requires me to use a MacBook, I don’t know if I should request for a replacement, I don’t want to experience the same issue, I have already spent a lot of time and data setting up the system.

Please your advice is needed.
Thanks.

How much did you pay for it?

(1) (Reply)

Infinity Server Credits / PPA For Junior Developer In Lagos / How To Encrypt And Decrypt Text Using Javascript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.