Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,242 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home (32246 Views)

Policemen Who Searched A Man's Phone In Lagos Arrested / Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos / Robbers Who Disguises As NEPA Officials Caught, Tied And Beaten By Mob (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by nlfpmod: 8:52pm On Feb 05
Of course, I have to tell you all what happened this morning.

It was indeed traumatizing but as someone who is already familiar with police harassment, this ordeal didn't catch me by surprise.

Nigeria really prepares you for the worst but this is definitely not how to live. 💔

So, this morning, I was stepping out of my house.

I was actually at the main gate. I was about to open the gate when I saw that someone was outside. He greeted me and I responded.

Then he said, "I am a NEPA official."

I'm like, "Ok, how may I help you?"

He said they came to check our electricity meters which is quite usual.

Based on street OT, I asked for his ID, and he said he doesn't have it. I insisted, so he started calling his colleagues to bring his ID.[sup][/sup]

What happened next shocked me to my bones.

This fucking guy OPENED MY GATE FROM OUTSIDE!!!

Like how I kid you not. He opened the gate. If you know how jam lock works, you will know that if you don't have the key, you can't gain access.

This guy opened my gate effortlessly before I could even ID him. Christ!!!

Now, they had access, so there was little I could do.

When he entered, like 10 men came in with him. Bro, none of them was on Police uniform except for one of them who was carrying an AK-47.

I was like "Fuccccccccck, kidnappers ti wole..." 😭😭😭

Next thing, he blurted out, "This is the Police..."

I quickly comported myself and requested for ID. He didn't have an ID but some other guy brought out a washed-up ID that was not even legible.

Then they ordered me to open my apartment.

I refused. That is where problem began!

They kept insisting that I must give them access to my apartment but I insisted on know why they want access to my apartment.

They told me they wanted to search my house, and I requested a search warrant.

They brought out a piece of paper and waved it in my face.

I told them to hand it over so that I could read it properly. They said they couldn't give me for security reasons.

So, I said "If you won't give me the warrant to read, I will not give you access to my apartment.

So, one of them went to my door and tried to forcefully open it.

Unfortunately for him, he could not force the door open.

You won't believe what happened next. These guys brought out the warrant and it was there and then they wrote my address on the warrant.

Apparently, the warrant was blank without an address or a specific name.

This basically means that they came to my house with a signed warrant that didn't carry my name or address. Ahhhh!

The guy who tried to force my door open, then came back and tried to get my house key off me. That was when I started struggling with him.

We dragged each other.

As e de drag my shorts, I de drag am back.

He wanted to remove my house key from my pocket by force, but emi gaan stubborn.

You'll have to kill me first before you have access to my home illegally. Fortunately, he was not able to get my key because I stood my ground.

Few seconds after that, the officer that led the squad ordered him to leave me.

He obeyed and the leader took me to one corner and started giving me lectures on how wrong it is for me to resist a police officer.

Emi? As e de enter my right ear, e de commot for the left one.

I insisted that I must read the warrant properly before anything else.

So, he asked them to give me the warrant so that I could read it to my satisfaction.

I said, "Now, you're talking..."

They didn't give it to me tho but they held it while I read it.

While I was reading, they had already ransacked my neighbors' apartments.

Apparently, I was the only one "trying to prove stubborn".

So, after reading the warrant, I opened my apartment for them to search but of course, I allowed only one of them to enter.

The person I allowed entered my apartment and started turning my whole house upside down. They went everywhere in my house, even my trash can. They turned the trash out and said something about "forensic investigation". 😂🤣

Omo, he checked everywhere while I watched.

After about 30 minutes of searching, nothing was incriminating to see.

So, I asked them to leave. Now, this is the unbelievable part.

They asked me to change my clothes and I asked them for what? They said I must go to the station. Ahannnn

Go to the station for what

Them: We're not convinced that you're not a criminal.

Then I asked them what prompted this harassment in the first place.

These were their words:

"We were informed that some young people live in this house and you all don't go to work. You stay indoors always. So we suspect that you all are criminals."

Ahhhhhhh!

So, I asked them if they'd never heard of remote work or work-from-home before.

They said, "When you get to the station, you will explain what remote work is..."

See me, see wahala o!

I stood my ground and told them I was not going anywhere until they told me my offense.

All these while, my dogs were barking aggressively as they heard my voice while I was arguing.

So, they went around the house and the only police officer who was wearing a uniform and carrying an AK-47 cocked his rifle and aimed for one of my dogs.

Na there I craze finish.

I told him, "If you shoot my dog, that will be your last shot, I swear it with my life..."

I insisted that I won't go with them but when I saw that they had already packed my neighbors into their vehicles, apa mi jabo. 😭😭😭

My neighbors need to do better. Awon omo ase. 🤣

People on my street mediated and asked me to go with them, and because my neighbors had already succumbed, I got into their vehicle.

They drove us to Phase 4 police station in Kubwa and they started interrogating us. Asking stupid questions and lying, of course.

They took my neighbor's phones and laptops. They went through them.

I refused to hand them my phone but everything they requested for, I showed them. There was really nothing to see.

They wanted to check my bank apps and picture gallery, but I refused vehemently.

These guys were asking me how much my salary was. Asking me how I get paid monthly. Asking me what currency I get paid in, because they saw a lot of African Union documents in my house.

They made me show them my Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts.

They requested to see my photo gallery and bank apps but I refused.

It was when they saw "Gbajabiamila" consistently on my accounts, that they decided to back down.

They equally harassed my neighbors too. In fact, they packed all the young tenants in the house.

While in the house, they tried to force my car open with a remote controller (I don't know where they brought that from).

They kept pressing the remote to unlock my car but the car didn't respond.

Can you imagine this level of unprofessionalism? Man!!!

From the information available, Phase 4 Police Command in Kubwa is a haven of rogues from top to bottom.

They promised me that they'll be back and I know that they'll be back. I full ground ooo but
@PoliceNG @PoliceNG_CRU @FCT_PoliceNG, please take note.

I am back home now after hours of trauma in the hands of @PoliceNG.

This is what young Nigerians go through every day. This is not the first and I believe it won't be the last.

Bottom line is, we cannot continue to live like this. This should not be a way of life at all.

You can't be a young man, living by yourself, trying to make a way out of this huge mess of a country without those saddled with the responsibility of protecting you and maintaining law and order, being the main source of harassment and extortion.

Absolute madness!!!

When my friends call me, the most consistent question is, "Demola, what are you still doing in that country?"

That question is really heartbreaking. You may not realize it but it is a very heartbreaking question.

What am I doing in my own country? Ahhhh, this is sad!

Credit: Omo GbajaBiamila

82 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by nlfpmod: 8:58pm On Feb 05
It also happened to another person.

So police officers came to my place this morning & handcuffed me saying I was under arrest (for a crime they wouldn’t tell me about).

After searching through all my rooms for whatever evidence they could find, then proceeding to search through my phones, laptops etc (at this point already figured what this was about).

Asked me what I do for a living, told them I build apps & mobile games, you could clearly see over a dozen of them installed on my phones, and dozens more on app stores.
Even just putting on my laptop right there on the screen was a mobile app I was developing.

Threatened that if they take me to the station the forensics would find anything implicating on my devices, even the ones I’ve deleted.

Told them unless they want to plant something on me, they wouldn’t see even as little as me charging someone an extra N100 for something not to talk of scamming.

Long story short, after looking through all my chats they figured I was clean, they then told me I should just be careful..

Apparently a neighbor of mine gave a “tip” to the police that they suspected I was into fraud. Cause they always see me at home and I seem to be doing so well.

Lol.

Funny cause I don’t even relate with a single neighbor in the estate

The only regret I have is not getting that officers contact, I really want to know who that neighbor is.

Credit: Somto

God Abeg,

Thank God you didn’t remember to get the details too, cos emotions can overrule and you would want to get back to the person.
I’ve been labeled a fraud person too cos I was running gen constantly last year when there was power outage and the neighbor was not revealed
Ayoade john

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by illicit(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05
🥵

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Anguldi(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05
Yeye neighbors giving your details to ex SARS police personnel tongue

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by DropsMic(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05
Tales from Naija can be very heartbreaking

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by iwaeda: 9:13pm On Feb 05
nlfpmod:

Credit: Omo GbajaBiamila
Most police officers are criminals. grin grin grin grin grin

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by MakingBrands: 9:14pm On Feb 05

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by DissTroy(m): 9:14pm On Feb 05
For remote workers or people who work a lot from home, use co-working spaces at intervals. Asides shielding you from nosy envious neighbours, it helps you connect with people with like minds to balance your social life.

Work some days at home and work in co-working spaces on other days. Or if you have friends who are also techies living close to you, you guys can work some days rotatingly at each other's apartments. One week or three days rotation. Helps balance your social life too.
You can talk about the fine girl your friend just met , or some crazy thing politicians are up to, or some Twitter trend while you work. Fun too. Then you go home to your nosy neighbours not getting into your business.

151 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by DohFahSo: 9:14pm On Feb 05
Nigeria must not try private ownership of guns if not, these thieves masquerading as policemen would be shot on sight.

A very disgraceful bunch.

Fish rots from the head. When their oga, Muyiwa, is always dishing false, stvpid news on Twitter, we shouldn't expect anything more from his foot soldiers.

Merry band of terrorists.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by veekid(m): 9:14pm On Feb 05
Awon wayre 100%

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by jojothaiv(m): 9:14pm On Feb 05
Too bad...

The country keeps churning out stories that makes one doubt one sanity, stories that makes a man's heart cold.

I used to high five Moss lines on Show Dem Camp Streets single but with I'm reading tonight I don't think the below lines hold water anymore.

Now the lifestyle is stay home
Go out, make bread
And barely show face

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by AImiron: 9:15pm On Feb 05
i just read the thread on twitter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Akasammyoka: 9:15pm On Feb 05
Does there still exist anything like fundamental human right in this country anymore. All this just infringe into civilian rights without any fear of the law.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Dotherightthing: 9:15pm On Feb 05
angry
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by BarrElChapo(m): 9:15pm On Feb 05
🤔
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by kelvincoke(m): 9:15pm On Feb 05
This is serious
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Dimaya: 9:16pm On Feb 05
grin
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Namaster: 9:17pm On Feb 05
Everything described.here is completely ILLEGAL.

Warrants should not be open-ended. Also, you need one warrant to search the apartment and ANOTHER to search phones.

Plus, there is ZERO reason not to hand over the search warrant.

Police and military in Nigeria are bandits in uniform. They act like CULTISTS.

If you have a remote job that pays well and you're not intent on "oppressing" people, pack your bags and LEAVE this shithole.

42 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Justoneweek: 9:18pm On Feb 05
Thats the story of an everyday average Nigerian.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and, improvement of your girth, stamina and infertility reach me kn WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.

1 Like

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Yorubafonja: 9:18pm On Feb 05
grin
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by bestman09(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05
Our policemen are armed robbers in uniform

8 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by money121(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05
Ok
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by sylve11: 9:19pm On Feb 05
See new format to search person house. Na wa o embarassed cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by michael1508: 9:19pm On Feb 05
Take the case up legally

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05
dem go kidnap u if u no run leave dat house 4 dem...

jez dey play fes!

grin

7 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Sonnobax15(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05
lipsrsealed
Nigerian police and harassment of innocent young citizens na two inseparable entities

6 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Nwaokunkpara: 9:20pm On Feb 05
This is Nigeria where we have to fear the Nigerian police personnel more than armed robbers

13 Likes

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by kareemkamil(m): 9:20pm On Feb 05
Can this happen without search warrant

1 Like

Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Mindlog: 9:21pm On Feb 05
Sad.
Re: FCT Policemen Disguised As NEPA Officials Searched My Home For Working From Home by Ebukamatth(m): 9:22pm On Feb 05
You get mind dey drag with police

If na my side, na mortuary you go dey now
By Tomorrow, we go dig six feet for you

Thank God they no kill you or carry small accusation put on top your head

I rest my case

The elders will tell you what to do

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Nabbed At Indian Airport For ‘Black Dollar Scam' / Elephant Tusks Intercepted By Customs In Kebbi Along Nigeria/Benin Border (Pics) / The Lady Caught Stealing Hotel Plasma TV Said Her Boyfriend Advised Her To Steal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.