Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Thank God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank God (847 Views)

Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? / Have You Thank God This Morning? / 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God by HISchild: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
The Lord GOD is good!

We all have reason(s) to thank GOD daily for HIS many mercies and blessings. GOD is truly good (Matt 19:17, Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19), and kind and just among many, many, many wonderful things. Even and especially being alive is reason enough to be thankful to GOD, among other things we can and/or cannot count in each of our lives.  Especially considering the nature of this sin cursed world and blasphemous things spoken against GOD, The Lord JESUS CHRIST, everyday (i judge no one personally, GOD is The Judge- Psa 50:6, Psa 75:7, Ecc 3:17), yet we all enjoy the world (the rising sun, friends and family, travel, health, food, etc, etc).

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” - Matt 5:44-48

And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,” – Exo 34:6 

The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third
and fourth generation.
” – Num 14:18 

-------
A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that
hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him,
and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
” - Psa 100:1-5

The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.” – Psa 115:16 

But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies. For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.” – Lam 3:32-33 

"From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name is to be praised." - Psa 113:3 

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!” – Psa 107:8  (Psa 107: 15, 21, 31)

Re: Thank God by nodogma: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
All must beware of this OP @HISchild, a true wolf in sheep's clothing.  May 21 is judgment day he wrote, the world will end this year he writes, a false prophet if there ever was one!!!  He continues to come on this website, and we can only wonder what his true motives are.  All should be careful!

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.  Mt 7:15

By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. So by their fruits you will know them."  Matthew 7: 16-20
Re: Thank God by HISchild: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2011
It seems your only purpose is to attack me personally.  I am merely encouraging all, whenever possible in the holy, true word of GOD and warning as is proper. (to GOD be all glory and praise, i believe some benefitYou quote the holy Bible in which you do not believe, and incorrectly at that.  Do you even know who /what a false prophet is? I already explained May 21st and beyond to you, but you are hard of hearing.  You (and your other user names /aliases who typically post after you in agreement) seem to be the only one that has suffered some kind of monumental loss as a result of the May 21st spiritual judgment date. Judgment is coming, better believe it because the word of GOD says so.  Again, wait for it.  The Lord JESUS CHRIST is coming. Maranatha
------
"Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.  Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?" - Amos 5:18 

Many will rejoice at HIS coming, and i tell you also, "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." - Rev 1:7

(advice, just ignore me and wait to see what happens, or perhaps you just like to communicate /interact with me).  Either way, wait for judgment.  The year isn't even over yet. The U.S., at least, is testing it's Emergency Alert System today. Again, i say, wait.
Re: Thank God by nodogma: 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^^As for your assertions and implications that is up to you. You are doing great great harm and we all plead that you stop. @mazaje @martian have also spoken to you as well as many others. You are doing a great disservice with your false claims and if all you can do is say just wait, then we all hope you will stop after January 1, 2012. At least think about what is being spoken to you, you do not even realize the harm you do. You do not even realize.
Re: Thank God by HISchild: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2011
my intent and purpose is to faithfully, by GOD's grace and mercy, declare the word of GOD. he who has an ear to hear will hear. "For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" - 1 Cor 9:16. If the bridge were out, would you warn or keep silent and watch people plunge to their deaths? “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.” - Gal 1:10

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Rom 10:14-17
---------
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.” – 2 Cor 2:14-17

(1) (Reply)

Working On Your Believing / Final Showdown. Ww3 America Vs Iran In The Bible / A Pastor Prayed For A Mad Man And Become A Made Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.