Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads (27393 Views)

Who Have Advantage Of Wining Premier League Title Among Top Three Contenders / Testicular Cancer: Haller, Before & After Photos Of Dortmund Player (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Sao Tomé And Príncipe: AFCON 2023 Qualifier (10- 0) On 13th June 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by EmekaBlue(m): 10:28am On Feb 11
Let Nigeria win it...long time won last
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by santaclaws: 10:31am On Feb 11
It's a tie between Ademola Lookman and Osimhen

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Slayar: 10:34am On Feb 11
Ekong : He has been doing his job excellently at the back and still takes pressure penalities nobody wants to take.

Nwabali: without his saves ,we would probably be out.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Agunesinjaweola: 10:42am On Feb 11
Imagine Bukayo Saka seeing Lukman Ademola with a Trophy 🏆 will make him regret playing for England

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by ReubenE(m): 10:43am On Feb 11
bnanny:
Best player is Osimhen abeg. Man has been selfless not selfish to win golden boot. He's the reason we get to this final and other team work tea.
So for me. I'll give it to Osimhen
You are just being emotional. If he had not wasted some of the clear goal scoring opportunities, he still would have been with much goals despite being selfless.

You said he is selfless that's why he may not win the golden boot? But he has only one assist so that your line of thought is wrong. Golden boot will elude him not because he is not selfish in front of goal.

While Osimhen workrate has been superb for a striker, rating him above the goalkeeper and Troost Ekong in the team in this tournament is not a fair judgment IMO

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by robosky02(m): 10:45am On Feb 11
Samueltemi337:
Victor Osimhen will win it
After he scores and hattrick in the finals
And the Super Eagles of Nigeria lifts the trophy
Y'all will see it tomorrow

Anything is possible
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by onuman: 10:46am On Feb 11
I give it to Ekong. He is inspiring his team mates a lot of the time; he has courage and leadership qualities.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Uniquekriss(m): 10:46am On Feb 11
Osimhen will score a brace today.
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:46am On Feb 11
Osihmen,nwabali and Ekong in that order
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Focusmind: 10:52am On Feb 11
The truth is, no player has been that fantastic in this tournament. CAF will just use their discretion to give the award to any player or even a goalkeeper. If Osimen's cancelled goals had stood, he would have been a contender.
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Af0nja: 10:52am On Feb 11
Ekong for sure , or Osimhen.

Lookman did nothing spectacular. His goals were mid and he missed more chances than he utilized

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by bluefilm: 10:53am On Feb 11
Lookman can clinch it

I love the way he missed that very important goal against SA

Had it been he succeeded in doing what he had in mind, that goal would easily been picked as the tournament's best goal
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Kinzo0917(m): 10:58am On Feb 11
Bluntguy:
For me, it's Ekong, Nwabali, Osimhen and Lookman in that order. 1,2,3,4 Naija

You 4get to mention ola oina abi wetin be him name self

He has given good account of himself
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by AMAUCHESKY(m): 11:00am On Feb 11
Best disallowed goal goes to oshemi

Bad addiction is like bad politician that won't leave power unless death comes..contact me via my signature let's help you out
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Felicity001(m): 11:00am On Feb 11
Dikaveli:
My own list

Nwabali
Ekong
Frank onyeka
Calvin bassey
Ola aina
Lookman
Oshimen

What is frank Onyeka doing in your list? Lol

I think the context is would be BTW Victor Osimen and His goal stoper Nwabali

Victor Osimen to me will win it while Lookman will win the golden boot.

That you score goal shouldn't make you man of the tournament. Osimen has been instrumental in this tournament.
From the defense down to attack he has been instrumental, I think he deserves it.
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by rayray2020(m): 11:02am On Feb 11
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by zaksman1960(m): 11:03am On Feb 11
I think op is wrong with the number of goals ekong have scored ,he scored once during the group stage w penalty against ivory cost if am correct then twice against south Africa if you are to count goals scored during the penalty stage and during the normal game
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by greggng: 11:05am On Feb 11
I can't rule out the south African keeper
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Menclothing: 11:18am On Feb 11
Look man and nwabali
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by sexiestharam(f): 11:20am On Feb 11
If Nigeria wins the cup today, Nwabali will win Player of the tournament.
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by sexiestharam(f): 11:21am On Feb 11
greggng:
I can't rule out the south African keeper
Rule him out. He isn't in the final.
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by sexiestharam(f): 11:22am On Feb 11
Felicity001:

What is frank Onyeka doing in your list? Lol

I think the context is would be BTW Victor Osimen and His goal stoper Nwabali

Victor Osimen to me will win it while Lookman will win the golden boot.

That you score goal shouldn't make you man of the tournament. Osimen has been instrumental in this tournament.
From the defense down to attack he has been instrumental, I think he deserves it.
Unless Lookman scores 2 goals today, the golden boot belongs to an Equatorial Guinea player.
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by aswani(m): 11:30am On Feb 11
robosky02:

Sebastien Haller, Ademola Lookman, Victor Osimhen, AFCON 2023, Stanley Nwabali, William Troost-Ekong,

https://sportsbrief.com/football/58619-afcon-2023-player-tournament-contenders-nwabali-troost-ekong-lead/

Haller has no business being in that list, I doubt he is even the best Ivorian player in this tournament.

Win or lose, William Troost Ekong has marshalled about the greatest defensive display in AFCON, since the Cameroonian teams of the 80's and early 90's.

Nwabali for golden gloves.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by IronGalaxy: 11:42am On Feb 11
robosky02:
So guys

Who do you think should win the best player of this year AFCON 2023 and why

Victor Osimhen..... Nigeria
Ademola Lookman.. Nigeria
Sebastien Haller....Cote d ivore
Stanley Nwabali....Nigeria
William Troost-Ekong,...Nigeria
percy tau ...... South Africa
Emiliano Esue..... Equatorial Guinea
I'm SOuth African but I feel Percy Tau was poor in this tournament. especially his first touch. This is the guy who I think has been our best player apart from our goalie ofcourse

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by aswani(m): 11:46am On Feb 11
IronGalaxy:
I'm SOuth African but I feel Percy Tau was poor in this tournament. especially his first touch. This is the guy who I think has been our best player apart from our goalie ofcourse

Your defence has been really good, if that is Sithole in the picture then I agree with you, the best defensive midfielder in the tournament.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by IronGalaxy: 11:49am On Feb 11
aswani:

Your defence has been really good, if that is Sithole in the picture then I agree with you, the best defensive midfielder in the tournament.
That's him
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by Jen002: 11:53am On Feb 11
Bluntguy:
For me, it's Ekong, Nwabali, Osimhen and Lookman in that order. 1,2,3,4 Naija
Cool
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by aswani(m): 11:54am On Feb 11
IronGalaxy:
That's him

Great player, if he is at Sundowns, that will explain a lot about how that club is doing so well too.

He does all the dirty job quietly and he does it very well.
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by IronGalaxy: 11:54am On Feb 11
aswani:

Great player, if he is at Sundowns, that will explain a lot about how that club is doing so well too.

He does all the dirty job quietly and he does it very well.
He plays for Tondela in Portugal
Re: AFCON 2023 Best Player Of Tournament Contenders: Lookman, Haller, Ekong Leads by jackpot(f): 11:55am On Feb 11
Mokoena lost the last two critical penalties for South Africa. He should normally be out of contention for the award.

The only condition I see Nwabali winning it is if the match is decided by penalties and Nigeria comes out victorious.

If it is a cagey final with Ekong scoring the winning goal, then Ekong wins it.

If Osimhen scores in the final, Osimhen wins it.

If Lookman scores one or two goals in the final, then Lookman can win it.

If Frank Onyeka scores two goals (with one of them being an outside 18-yard shot), then I see him winning it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turkish Leagues Suspended After Club President Punches Referee (pics) / Super Eagles Arrive Swaziland Ahead Of Their Match Today (Photos) / Arsenal Reach £45m Agreement With Man City For Gabriel Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.