Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business (17861 Views)

Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Shell To Divest Onshore Oil Stakes In Nigeria, Open Talks With FG / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by TheBillyonaire: 12:14pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:

Thank you very much. You have insight about the whole thing. Total wan run abandone their responsibility. That shouldn't be allowed until they clean the environment or the buyer must agree to take the responsibility.

Any buyer that is not indigenous to Niger Delta will still run, cos it is not their home. Any Niger Deltan owned company that buys the stakes and does not clean up their places, we will visit their families and extended relates and teach them a lesson. They can not run away.

I am all for Equities being handed over to host communities with a clear road map and monitoring & supervision by the Feds.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by oyebanji(m): 12:14pm On Feb 10
Why didn't they divest their gas assets too?

Racoon:
The ill ripple effects of the clueless leadership on ground is really gonna take its toll on the Nigerian economy though it is known that these Anglo companies are parasitic leeches milking this nation dry.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Acidosis(m): 12:15pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:

Because you don't have 🧠 to process it. No my fault, you know. grin

A simple Google search and a few minutes would save you this public embarrassment. For the sake of your children, go and study the HSE policies of Total Energy. I'm sure you won't find stuff like ransom for kidnapping, payment for bandits, weekly payment for community and asari thugs, and so on.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Feb 10
TheBillyonaire:

Any buyer that is not indigenous to Niger Delta will still run, cos it is not their home. Any Niger Deltan owned company that buys the stakes and does not clean up their places, we will visit their families and extended relates and teach them a lesson. They can not run away.

I am all for Equities being handed over to host communities with a clear road map and monitoring & supervision by the Feds.

Walter Smith is an indigenous company though but I don't know if the owner is from Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by forgiveness: 12:20pm On Feb 10
Acidosis:

A simple Google search and a few minutes would save you this public embarrassment. For the sake of your children, go and study the HSE policies of Total Energy. I'm sure you won't find stuff like ransom for kidnapping, payment for bandits, weekly payment for community and asari thugs, and so on.

That total are angles that came to develop your country. Stop fooling yourself.

French companies are leeches. You don't have any idea.

Keep being deluded with total side of the story.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by TheBillyonaire: 12:22pm On Feb 10
SoNature:

Oga, calm down. We and you no dey quarrel.

If you come here to claim that oil theft don't favour your people, you are only lying to yourself.

I don't have to mention a name. But I know prominent ND sons who have become so rich from that business and have given back to society and even the church. One of them even has chieftaincy title with a brother in the Senate at some point.

So, chill! Everyone benefits from oil theft, including company workers, government officials and locals. Spare me the blame game!

I should not quarrel because the international smuggling cartels are conniving with some of our corrupt brokers to break pipelines and pump the crude to barges? How much are they making?

Are you away that this is done with knowledge of Executives of the Oil companies because they do not want to account to FG?

Like I said, it is not your community, so you can be logical with zero emotion, but I have 14 oil wells at my backyard and it is my home being polluted so I have the right to quarrel and fight those who depend on us to live in pollution to power Nigeria and their international criminal partners.

Do not tell me to be calm.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by obesse: 12:23pm On Feb 10
sulaak:

Nigerians think that the West will lift them out of poverty. Nigeria must hold all those IOCs accountable for their pollution of the Nigerian ecosystem.

This is an opportunity for indigenous energy companies to replace these so called multinational
The same West you go cap-in-hand to borrow high-interest loans from, with a promise to pay back with crude oil worth 500% of the original value?
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by cucumbar: 12:29pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:
β€œWe want to divest our share of SPDC, and we are looking to reshape the portfolio. Fundamentally it’s because producing this oil in the Niger Delta is not in line with our (Health, Security and Environmental) policies, it’s a real difficulty,” Patrick Pouyanne,

See them. They didn't take note of the comment above.

The French are not interested in obeying Nigeria laws. They develop these oil wells without taken consideration of the environment. They destroyed the ecosystem will oil spillage and leave like that.

Now that laws are in place to check them, they don't want to continue because they were never interested in keeping the environment in good shape.
Dey play.. which laws Dey to check dem?
Some of you will never get sense in this life and in the life to come.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by tctrills: 12:33pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:

Show were total said they sold at a loss? Liar. grin
Oga I would try to educate you but I know you are a block head.
Now Total's onshore reserves are over 150 million barrels. At present oil price of about $70 per barrel, the value of their reserves is over 7 billion dollars.
Now they sell their facility at less than a billion dollars.
I am sure even a block head will understand this simple mathematics. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by forgiveness: 12:34pm On Feb 10
cucumbar:
Dey play.. which laws Dey to check dem?
Some of you will never get sense in this life and in the life to come.

If you have, you would had known the new Petroleum bill passed into law but no. grin
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Sundaymosez: 12:34pm On Feb 10
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by forgiveness: 12:36pm On Feb 10
tctrills:

Oga I would try to educate you but I know you are a block head.
Now Total's onshore reserves are over 150 million barrels. At present oil price of about $70 per barrel, the value of their reserves is over 7 billion dollars.
Now they sell their facility at less than a billion dollars.
I am sure even a block head will understand this simple mathematics. grin grin

Where did they sell for lesser? Show me proof. Bloody liar. grin
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by LucemFerre: 12:36pm On Feb 10
Shoprite make thesame mouth. Clear road a beg dem no dey go anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Konquest: 12:44pm On Feb 10
Amotolongbo:
Everything just dey japa
TotalEnergies are exiting the onshore production to focus on the more PROFITABLE and productive deep offshore oil and gas exploration and production. They are NOT leaving Nigeria. It's all about global efficiency.

The onshore oil fields and other assets have been sold to indigenous oil firms.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by tctrills: 12:45pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:

Where did they sell for lesser? Show me proof. Bloody liar. grin
Oga, how much are they selling for. Now you need me to show you proof because you refused to study for yourself.
Now please research on the SPDC. Totalenergies has 10% of it and are selling their 10% .
Do your research and then we can discuss like 2 educated people.
Find out the following,
1. What's the total oil reserve of the SPDC?
2. What percentage does Total own?
3. How much is Total selling their stake?
Hint, you can tell how much total is selling but looking at how much Shell sold off their 30% stake.
I am sure this is super complex for you so just leave this for the people that understand.

This vid below would help you understand better
https://youtu.be/y3enB_J0WCU?si=VihRUZO7B-Sjx2aY
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Tenumootito: 1:05pm On Feb 10
It's a good news. They don't want Nigeria to have her refinery functional because of the huge forex all these companies earn.
Let them go, how I wish top shot in total that are Nigerians can team up and acquire it.
It is time we Nigerians takes our destinies serious, all these foreign companies are here to use the nation and dump it.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Ckonnet: 1:05pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:
β€œWe want to divest our share of SPDC, and we are looking to reshape the portfolio. Fundamentally it’s because producing this oil in the Niger Delta is not in line with our (Health, Security and Environmental) policies, it’s a real difficulty,” Patrick Pouyanne,

The French are not interested in obeying Nigeria laws. They develop these oil wells without taken consideration of the environment. They destroyed the ecosystem will oil spillage and leave like that.

Now that laws are in place to check them, they don't want to continue because they were never interested in keeping the environment in good shape.

Agbadorians are irredeemable!!!
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by theamazonguru(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10
The environmental factors surrounding their operations onshore is no longer favourable to them.
Talk of oil theft from their pipelines.
Pipeline vandalism.
Environmental pollution arising from pipeline vandalism,yet they are made to take responsibility for the cleanup and hefty fines imposed on them to serve as deterrent.
The problems posed by the militants also is another ball game entirely.
The wahala associated with operating onshore assets is just numerous.
Compared to what obtains offshore.

For instance, last month there was an oil spillage that happened offshore in one of the assets operated by one of the multinationals. No one got to hear about it in the national newspapers or social media.
It was kept under wraps.

If that spillage happened onshore, I am sure the company could have gone almost bankrupt, due to the fines and penalty they will incur.

The bottom line is everywhere is looking out for his profit margin.
It's a case of put your money where your mouth is.

I can tell you confidently that there departure has nothing to do with Tinubu government.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Ckonnet: 1:06pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:

He should make enemies, right?

You need brain surgery, it is clogged with garbage!
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by ComeToJesus: 1:10pm On Feb 10
Racoon:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/667118-totalenergies-to-exit-nigerian-onshore-oil-business.html?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Let me use one of my Mum's proverbs to throw some light.

There's a particular game/bush meat that after hunting, it is slaughtered and barbecued.

In the process of roasting, somebody pointed out that the meat is getting burnt. Another man countered, that it's fat that is getting burnt.

Before long, it's discovered that everything is already up in smoke.

That is the situation of Nigeria. Little by little, or, like they say in music,poco a poco, the multinationals are exiting.. Nigeria is gradually getting reduced to rural economy.

As it presently stands, no one can re-engineer Nigeria to function. She is designed to fail. The present structure and staus-quo has to give way for a restructured system that allows the federating parts to look inward and redefine their identities and function as a unit.

Meanwhile, APC's paid online voltrons will always try to twist the narrative.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Ckonnet: 1:13pm On Feb 10
theamazonguru:
The environmental factors surrounding their operations onshore is no longer favourable to them.
Talk of oil theft from their pipelines.
Pipeline vandalism.
Environmental pollution arising from pipeline vandalism,yet they are made to take responsibility for the cleanup and hefty fines imposed on them to serve as deterrent.
The problems posed by the militants also is another ball game entirely.
The wahala associated with operating onshore assets is just numerous.
Compared to what obtains offshore.

For instance, last month there was an oil spillage that happened offshore in one of the assets operated by one of the multinationals. No one got to hear about it in the national newspapers or social media.
It was kept under wraps.

If that spillage happened onshore, I am sure the company could have gone almost bankrupt, due to the fines and penalty they will incur.

The bottom line is everywhere is looking out for his profit margin.
It's a case of put your money where your mouth is.

I can tell you confidently that there departure has nothing to do with Tinubu government.

The problem with single celled organisms is that they think everyone is like them and you spitted alot of garbage out there just to defend your little god.

Total didn't leave when militancy, vandalism and other nonsense you mentioned there was at its peak.
For your info, multi nationals forecast their business strategies ahead of time and work with it so now they understand that idiots are at the helm of affairs and they will wake up one day and churn out stupid policies like they do now without considering the consequences.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Konquest: 1:27pm On Feb 10
pocom16:

You are the highly ignorant one..

Go and check the profits declared by these companies and how their stock rises

The only time they had issues was in 2015/2016 where oil prices fell below the production cost..but that didn't last long and..
The years of profits were able to make up for the losses..

Do you think it has taken Exxon mobile and Aramco a century to reach the height they are in..

Even Folorunsho..a tailor.. immediately she was given an oil block in Agbami..became the richest woman in the Africa..
Someone that was just sowing clothes..

With her oil money she has built two towers in Lagos using Julius Berger..

Who was Arthur Eze before he got his block..

Dey whine yourself there
Let me step into your convo here.

Point of correction.

The Ikorodu, Lagos indigene, Mrs. Folorunso Alakija was NOT an "ordinary" tailor. She was a banker with IMB which was based on Victoria Island just near the Bar beach. I remember back in the 1980s when she left the banking sector to concentrate on raising her young children, she revolutionized the fashion industry by starting the fashion business outfit called "Supreme Stitches" which had high-end folks in the society as clients, including Maryam Babangida, General IBB's wife. Mrs. Alakija was a deeply connected woman being from a wealthy Ijebu-Yoruba family (the Ogbara family) from Ikorodu. I remember her Ikeja, Lagos-based company adverts were in magazines and newspapers and her brand was hugely popular alongside that of the iconic David Kolawole Vaughan (DAKOVA) back in the 1980s.

Second, in 1993 when she and some members of her family applied for the deep offshore licence, the savvy woman took a very big risk because NOT all oil wells produce oil and gas in commercial quantities. She was able to get foreign technical partners and that's how they struck oil at Agbami. I still have the 1993 Guardian newspaper articles and other documents listing the full names of all the Nigerians who bidded for oil blocks in the very risky deep offshore oil blocks in my archives.

Other guys who got oil prospecting licences did NOT even strike oil or they struck oil and gas that was NOT of commercial quantity. The Ibadan-born, Nigerian-American billionaire oil and gas mogul Kase Lawal and the M.K.O Abiola family through Summit Oil did not find significant oil and gas of commercial quantity while prospecting for oil. The Borno-born Alhaji Mohammed Indimi, Dr. Mike Adenuga, the late Ijaw High Chief Benson Lulu-Briggs who owned Moni Pulo Limited, Mrs. Folorunso Alakija, Arthur Eze, Chief Tunde J. Afolabi the Chairman/CEO of Amni International Petroleum Development Company Ltd, etc, were some of the fortunate people among the 1990 to 1993 set of deep offshore oil block owners who struck oil and gas in commercial quantities within 4 years of oil prospecting and oil mining. (Dr. Mike Adenuga was the first Nigerian whose indigenous oil firm CONOIL struck oil and gas after getting his oil block in 1990).

So, credit must be given to the business savvy Mrs. Folorunso Alakija, (the UK-trained secretary, banker, and super-fashion designer), for having the boldness to take the risk to get Famfa Oil among the indigenous deep offshore companies.

Last but not least, TotalEnergies are NOT leaving Nigeria, they have only divested their onshore assets to concentrate on the more LUCRATIVE deep offshore just like other oil majors such as Shell, Mobil, Agip, etc, are doing.

More that 90 percent of those responding to this topic are deeply and embarrassingly ignorant about the thrust of this article because as usual they don't read to understand, and stupidly started insulting the President of Nigeria thinking that TotalEnergies have left Nigeria finally. The OP himself did NOT help matters because he misled many posters and readers into thinking that TotalEnergies have left Nigeria. This is far from the truth! They are only concentrating on the risky but profitable offshore exploration and production for now. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Laopangjiaspice: 1:56pm On Feb 10
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by amadiama(m): 1:58pm On Feb 10
The indegenious companies will buy this onshore facilities and start paying the workers peanuts, oil industry don cast...black man is the problem of Blackman..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by sulaak(m): 2:19pm On Feb 10
obesse:

The same West you go cap-in-hand to borrow high-interest loans from, with a promise to pay back with crude oil worth 500% of the original value?

Why are you linking me to the poor decision of Tinubu government.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by tete7000(m): 4:06pm On Feb 10
forgiveness:

So you think Nigeria has laws? You must be deceiving yourself. If people come into your country and behave anyhow and go scout free, it is either you don't have laws or you don't have the means to enforce the laws you assume you have. It is more about you than it is about those who take advantage of clumsiness in your system.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by tnerro1(m): 4:39pm On Feb 10
Please sell to an indigenous company
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by toujurs: 5:13pm On Feb 10
Amotolongbo:
Everything just dey japa
Are you now mute? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. May God punish you and your house hold. For this calmity you support.

If you we're sensible, you should have asked yourself, if the igbo's had supported any candidate like this ever in the history of Nigeria.

I don't think there is any divided tribe like the igbo's, this is because it's all man for himself, but tribalism was your agenda.

I have Yoruba friends, and i support their business, with non interest loans, because they made the right choice. During the election. But you see those yoruba Muslims, God will punish all of them.

All of you that supported this administration, The universe and karma will Bleep you all up. This is the only country we have, and you all chose ethnicity over reliability.

God will punish you in particular. This mandate will choke you to depression, this is just the 9th month, 8years stil awaits πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€‘πŸ€‘

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by 123papas(m): 6:29pm On Feb 10
You are making assumptions. Total Energies is a responsible company. Let's see if the Nigerian companies will do any better environmentally.
forgiveness:

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Amotolongbo(f): 6:41pm On Feb 10
toujurs:
Are you now mute? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. May God punish you and your house hold. For this calmity you support.

If you we're sensible, you should have asked yourself, if the igbo's had supported any candidate like this ever in the history of Nigeria.

I don't think there is any divided tribe like the igbo's, this is because it's all man for himself, but tribalism was your agenda.

I have Yoruba friends, and i support their business, with non interest loans, because they made the right choice. During the election. But you see those yoruba Muslims, God will punish all of them.

All of you that supported this administration, The universe and karma will Bleep you all up. This is the only country we have, and you all chose ethnicity over reliability.

God will punish you in particular. This mandate will choke you to depression, this is just the 9th month, 8years stil awaits πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
You need anti rabies. Dog has bitten you.

You think what is happening in Nigeria has any effect on me?

Can you bring out my post where I supported Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by toujurs: 7:06pm On Feb 10
Amotolongbo:
You need anti rabies. Dog has bitten you.

You think what is happening in Nigeria has any effect on me?

Can you bring out my post where I supported Tinubu?
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„.

Oh you now deny the mandate. Anyways I don't blame you. It's typical.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Amotolongbo(f): 7:33pm On Feb 10
toujurs:
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„.

Oh you now deny the mandate. Anyways I don't blame you. It's typical.
Dig out my post supporting APC or Tinubu before the election. Is it too hard for you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market / Make Money Online - Free Class. / The Global Scam Called Omegapro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.