Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? (12173 Views)

Uk Visa Which To Use Business Account Or Personal Account / US: We Don’t Issue New Type Of Work Visa, Don’t Become A Victim / Poland Work Visa (2) (3) (4)

Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 10:09am On Feb 11
I've been in a dilemma for some time now, trying to choose which pathway I should use for my japa plan.

I would prefer to go with a study visa(to Portugal or Malta) as I'm more familiar with the process and can do everything myself without much help, and it's also easier to get the visa.

My problem with it is that it's quite expensive, and it will take some time for me to start doing full-time work to save tangible funds and cover up the sources I used in getting the japa capital.

On the other hand, a work visa looks great, but I'm not familiar with the process (I will most likely seek assistance from travel agents I know in person), I don't know the possibility of getting a good job within the time-frame the visa will last.

With study, I'll have to target countries with favorable PR requirements, but with a work visa, I will go for any good one without considering much about PR possibilities.

My major motivation is financial, please which one should I go for

How legit is work visa, looking for jobs on arrival. I need your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by 1Alex: 10:42am On Feb 11
Which one is work visa? Or you mean Job seeker visa?

For work visa, you need to get a work in portugal first before you can apply for work visa.

Job seeker visa is not cheap also. You need a health insurance that is worth 30,000 euros for you to apply.

I wonder how they think a job seeker will raise 30k euros. If I have that amount, wetin I dey find go Portugal.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by 1Alex: 10:50am On Feb 11
Meanwhile you are not alone in this case. But I have concluded to work towards study route. I am a Graduate but going for postgraduate studies no make sense for me. Na money I dey find. So I have decided to Find a certificate or diploma course that will last about one year or at most 2 years. This is to give time for me to plan well while there. But it will be wise to find a course that will be of benefit to in case of emergency.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 11:05am On Feb 11
1Alex:
Meanwhile you are not alone in this case. But I have concluded to work towards study route. I am a Graduate but going for postgraduate studies no make sense for me. Na money I dey find. So I have decided to Find a certificate or diploma course that will last about one year or at most 2 years. This is to give time for me to plan well while there. But it will be wise to find a course that will be of benefit to in case of emergency.

I don't think it's mandatory to get a job from here for the job visa category I'm looking at. People are getting visas without a job offer, I guess you're talking about job visa sponsorship.

Studying is cool too, but why spend time studying when I can start working within a short time frame of arrival? That's why I'm looking for more ideas and insights.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by 1Alex: 11:13am On Feb 11
Bokeeto:

I don't think it's mandatory to get a job from here for the job visa category I'm looking at. People are getting visas without a job offer, I guess you're talking about job visa sponsorship.

Studying is cool too, but why spend time studying when I can start working within a short time frame of arrival? That's why I'm looking for more ideas and insights.

I'm not talking about visa sponsorship

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Aizenosa(m): 11:14am On Feb 11
Advice get a work visa, student visa is limiting and funding living and educational expenses is not for the faint hearted and sometimes it doesn't tally up. The only good part is that you get a degree.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by 1Alex: 11:16am On Feb 11
Aizenosa:
Advice get a work visa, student visa is limiting and funding living and educational expenses is not for the faint hearted and sometimes it doesn't tally up. The only good part is that you get a degree.
if na like that, everybody for don japa. No country gives job visa without a job offer first.

https://visaguide.world/europe/portugal-visa/work-visa/#:~:text=When%20you%20apply%20for%20a%20work%20visa%2C%20you%20will%20receive,job%20offer%20from%20your%20employer.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 11:23am On Feb 11
1Alex:

I'm not talking about visa sponsorship

Okay, But the ones I see getting it didn't get any job offer.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 11:25am On Feb 11
Aizenosa:

Yeah, I'm weighing my options....thanks for engaging.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by 1Alex: 11:28am On Feb 11
Bokeeto:

are you sure they are telling you the truth?

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by pseudonomer: 11:38am On Feb 11
1Alex:
Which one is work visa? Or you mean Job seeker visa?

For work visa, you need to get a work in portugal first before you can apply for work visa.

Job seeker visa is not cheap also. You need a health insurance that is worth 30,000 euros for you to apply.

I wonder how they think a job seeker will raise 30k euros. If I have that amount, wetin I dey find go Portugal.

I guess, to be worth 30k€ doesn’t mean you'd pay 30k for it; it means the policy should be able to cover incidents up to 30k€.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by pseudonomer: 11:40am On Feb 11
Bokeeto:

It’s prolly Job seeker visa, for this, you don’t need a job offer.

For a job visa, you need to have a job offer.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by 1Alex: 11:46am On Feb 11
pseudonomer:

I guess, to be worth 30k€ doesn’t mean you'd pay 30k for it; it means the policy should be able to cover incidents up to 30k€.
OK. May be.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 11:47am On Feb 11
pseudonomer:

It’s prolly Job seeker visa, for this, you don’t need a job offer.

For a job visa, you need to have a job offer.

Yes you're right, that's it.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by abuhusna1: 12:03pm On Feb 11
1Alex:
are you sure they are telling you the truth?
Yes it's true. Portugal job seekers doesn't require you get a job but to come on and search for job for 6 months. If you get job you stay back if not you go back your country

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by 1Alex: 12:20pm On Feb 11
abuhusna1:

Yes it's true. Portugal job seekers doesn't require you get a job but to come on and search for job for 6 months. If you get job you stay back if not you go back your country
read well. Op is not talking about job seeker visa. He said work visa.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11
1Alex:
read well. Op is not talking about job seeker visa. He said work visa.

I made a mistake, I was actually referring to the job seeker visa category

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Sibaa(m): 1:43pm On Feb 17
I can relate. It becomes stressful. This has landed me in a state of confusion.

I was using this travel agent who happened to be close friends with my big mummy. I Started conference visa stuff with him. He was not ready to start any telling of required documents to anyone until yiu have made a deposit of N1m.

I made deposit of N1m last year October. And he sent me long list of documents I am to start hunting. One of which is still pending.

According to the instruction, he was not going to submit any application until all documents are completed and after submission, if the visa is approved , then you balance a certain amount of money. But if the visa is denied he will refund you 550k

Those documents were too stressful and were making me travel to abuja n back and all that. I decided to give it a pause cos I was on a project at the the time and travelling up and down was costing me too much idle time with my team and subsequently affecting productivity, hence cost of running project became higher.

I came across another japa opportunity while yet still waiting to secure the last set of documents. This was different and it just requested few documents which I already had it clicked.

I am seeing worried how best to approach this man to refund money. I need it to prepare for my next trip. I pondered on it for days didn't know how to inform him. Alas, I informed him last 2 days that I have gotten an.oppoetunity somewhere else and that it was just few documents left to submit which I will need funds to sort out. The man just replied" Glory to God , congratulations keep me posted" and that's all.

I replied with " thank you sir".

I kept mute,after some minutes he sent me a message saying, when I arrive there I will help him secure some contacts in that country for him to start introducing to his clients. I said sure sir.

He did not say anything again since that chat. Could it mean he's forgotten I paid him or what could this mean?

Please guys what is your advise how do I present my point to him? I have the record of the transaction receipt I sent to him.

Help me come up with a strategic approach please I need the money to use it for one or two or things please

Thank you

I've been in a dilemma for some time now, trying to choose which pathway I should use for my japa plan.

I would prefer to go with a study visa(to Portugal or Malta) as I'm more familiar with the process and can do everything myself without much help, and it's also easier to get the visa.

My problem with it is that it's quite expensive, and it will take some time for me to start doing full-time work to save tangible funds and cover up the sources I used in getting the japa capital.

On the other hand, a work visa looks great, but I'm not familiar with the process (I will most likely seek assistance from travel agents I know in person), I don't know the possibility of getting a good job within the time-frame the visa will last.

With study, I'll have to target countries with favorable PR requirements, but with a work visa, I will go for any good one without considering much about PR possibilities.

How legit is work visa, looking for jobs on arrival. I need your opinions. Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Sibaa(m): 2:15pm On Feb 17
[can relate. It becomes stressful. This has landed me in a state of confusion.

I was using this travel agent who happened to be close friends with my big mummy. I Started conference visa stuff with him. He was not ready to start any telling of required documents to anyone until yiu have made a deposit of N1m.

I made deposit of N1m last year October. And he sent me long list of documents I am to start hunting. One of which is still pending.

According to the instruction, he was not going to submit any application until all documents are completed and after submission, if the visa is approved , then you balance a certain amount of money. But if the visa is denied he will refund you 550k

Those documents were too stressful and were making me travel to abuja n back and all that. I decided to give it a pause cos I was on a project at the the time and travelling up and down was costing me too much idle time with my team and subsequently affecting productivity, hence cost of running project became higher.

I came across another japa opportunity while yet still waiting to secure the last set of documents. This was different and it just requested few documents which I already had it clicked.

I am seeing worried how best to approach this man to refund money. I need it to prepare for my next trip. I pondered on it for days didn't know how to inform him. Alas, I informed him last 2 days that I have gotten an.oppoetunity somewhere else and that it was just few documents left to submit which I will need funds to sort out. The man just replied" Glory to God , congratulations keep me posted" and that's all.

I kept mute,after some minutes he sent me a message saying, when I arrive there I will help him secure some contacts in that country for him to start introducing to his clients. I said sure sir.

He did not say anything again since that chat. Could it mean he's forgotten I paid him or what could this mean?

Please guys what is your advise how do I present my point to him? I have the record of the transaction receipt I sent to him.

Help me come up with a strategic approach please I need the money to use it for one or two or things please

Thank you
]

Studying is cool too, but why spend time studying when I can start working within a short time frame of arrival? That's why I'm looking for more ideas and insights.[/quote]
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 2:35pm On Feb 19
Sibaa:
I can relate. It becomes stressful. This has landed me in a state of confusion.

Thank you

How legit is work visa, looking for jobs on arrival. I need your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Wow, your case is really a difficult one. You shouldn't have given him such a huge amount of money upfront. That was how an agent requested I should pay 1.7m upfront for a job visa sponsorship, and wasn't willing to open up to me about the whole process. I had to ditch them, started looking up for info here on Nairaland and YouTube, luckily I got a lot of reasonable info. I'm about to start the process doing it on my own. I'd hope more experienced people can respond to your question and tell you what to do.

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Doodoo10: 7:47am On Feb 21
Can we link up on how to go about this. I want to apply for my siblings who are still in Nigeria. I am currently residing in the UK.

Bokeeto:

Wow, your case is really a difficult one. You shouldn't have given him such a huge amount of money upfront. That was how an agent requested I should pay 1.7m upfront for a job visa sponsorship, and wasn't willing to open up to me about the whole process. I had to ditch them, started looking up for info here on Nairaland and YouTube, luckily I got a lot of reasonable info. I'm about to start the process doing it on my own. I'd hope more experienced people can respond to your question and tell you what to do.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Bokeeto(m): 9:19am On Feb 21
Doodoo10:
Can we link up on how to go about this. I want to apply for my siblings who are still in Nigeria. I am currently residing in the UK.

Okay, send me a PM.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by ednut1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 21
From what you wrote up there you don’t qualify for work visa dont let agents deceive you. Most beta countries give work visa to people with scarce skills like tech, nursing, doctors, accountants etc. not every tom dick and harry. For the hustler work visa like farm workers- many of them dont even have Nigeria on their list of countries . Even the ones that say you can come temporarily and come search for jobs they know Nigerians have bad record and economic instability at home they no even give you visa to enter. If work visa was easy most Nigerians wont go with study visa.

What is your occupation by the way

Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Utanisco(m): 6:02pm On Feb 21
Both as a mad man
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by thesolutions(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21
This question is the reason the world fears Nigeria. We can not be honest about anything.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Mopolchi: 6:03pm On Feb 21
Work visa naim sure pass
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Blackestjunior(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21
Bleepp

Mehnn

Ask Holy spirit
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by sameoldguy: 6:04pm On Feb 21
Just japa
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Emvico247: 6:07pm On Feb 21
Just negedu
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by oilyngbati(m): 6:08pm On Feb 21
You’re still asking questions at to which option to choose? All japa na japa.
I’d advise you to first go there by any means necessary, after which you’ll legalize your stay by marrying to a citizen.
Re: Study Or Work Visa, Which One Should He Go For? by Hezzyluv: 6:14pm On Feb 21
abuhusna1:

What about the language barrier? I mean someone who can't speak their official language?

Nigerian In Diaspora Faces Pressures From Home / The Bad Condition Of Some Roads In Ogba-ijaiye, Lagos / Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71