Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide (22823 Views)

400-Level Ogun Varsity Student Commits Suicide / Gang Kidnapped Bauchi Varsity Student Over $3,800 Yahoo Loot Sharing Formula / Roadside Petrol Dealer Reportedly Sets Varsity Student Ablaze In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Kingrshd3: 6:34am On Feb 12
K
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Mikkyjagga200: 6:38am On Feb 12
she shouldn,t hv taken her life over academic status,so sad sha
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by bluefilm: 6:41am On Feb 12
Caramia2020:
Hiss, imagine killing oneself over a degree that Buhari does not have, even Tinubu own is questionable, messing up without knowing that many graduates has forgotten where they kept their certificate. Wahala.

A very very daft move indeed!
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by OmoOshodi(m): 6:51am On Feb 12
Killing yourself over a certificate that can not put food on your table

Shame
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by CharlesJok3r: 6:56am On Feb 12
All because of a certificate you can even buy with money.

My heart is with her family.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Father254: 7:07am On Feb 12
post=128410766:

Source: https://punchng.com/kwara-varsity-student-commits-suicide/

Mumu boy. Better learn a skill than killing yourself.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by BBIA: 7:19am On Feb 12
lanrei:
Pls don't kill yourself, no matter what, I am owing the total sum 2.5 million Naira. Different creditors of mine are seriously after me, but never have I thought of ending it all. I don't have a solution to my problem yet but suicide is never an option.
You will see a miracle soon.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Opeyemifarms: 7:21am On Feb 12
What a lost
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Father4all: 7:22am On Feb 12
Mu mu lady when people with second class upper from prestigious universities in Nigeria are burning their Certificates because of unemployment.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by oyeb15: 7:27am On Feb 12
This country tire person jare. Anyone that die has finally go and rest. No more a slave to Nigeria problem s.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Superpack589: 7:39am On Feb 12
Such a waste of kpekus.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by trumpcoat(m): 7:40am On Feb 12
Dying of academic performance that job is not even sure for you after schooling hmmmm....
Rest in peace to the dead
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by samuel9000: 7:41am On Feb 12
U are senseless

Malroux:
Tinubulation continues.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Etranshub(m): 7:44am On Feb 12
I guess many of the people commenting didnt read the thread to the end... She commityed suicide over academic STATUS and i can relate to that because i have a nephew in that school with the same issue.

Many student in that school (hundreds of them) in different department at different level from 100-final year are having one issue or the other. These are stidents who can no longer login to the school portal because someone in the admission office didnt do their job
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by BBIA: 7:44am On Feb 12
Superpack589:
Such a waste of kpekus.
I swear.

Kpekus just waste cry

1 Like

Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by AfonjaScud: 7:49am On Feb 12
Malroux:
Tinubulation continues.

Mental illness.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Godsent05: 7:57am On Feb 12
Suicide its not an option I sleep and wake up with the thought of owning over 3million naira , I have been in my apartment for over one month never seen the day light outside only my wife goes out, but suicide has never been an option for me , I don't know what to do how to pay back or where to start from only God will help me out
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by YourGFsnatcher: 8:00am On Feb 12
Caramia2020:
Hiss, imagine killing oneself over a degree that Buhari does not have, even Tinubu own is questionable, messing up without knowing that many graduates has forgotten where they kept their certificate. Wahala.
I still dey shock say people dey worry over university grades. cheesy total nonsense. University certificate doesn't contribute 20% of people's success. In my cycle, from senior associates to my friends, none of us has ever even talked about certificate. If you know what you are doing in this life why will u depend on someone's grade on your life? How can full human believe what a paper said about him or her? Funny thing is that you may be smarter than the people grading u in real life, but they say u are not good, and u believe them... that your life is not good cos u didn't have good grades according to their standards. These are people who's biggest achievement is drive highlander oooooo with a salary of 400k. grin

1 Like

Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by bionixs: 8:01am On Feb 12
This is the time get guardian and counciling to work in all the schools. Mostly,in the Universities . Encouraging students to always pay visits to their guidance and counselors anytime they run into difficulties, is a way to go.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Omobude244: 8:03am On Feb 12
AllenSpencer:

Elections are over!

Move-on!
The consequences are here

1 Like

Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Omobude244: 8:06am On Feb 12
samuel9000:
U are senseless

How is he senseless ?
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Omobude244: 8:07am On Feb 12
AfonjaScud:

Mental illness.
You?
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by BrodaBenad: 8:08am On Feb 12
I remember when my brother had multiple carry over he had to stop school and start his life he's building his second house now with business in and out Nigeria

Education isn't 100% the criteria for good success
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by izubext007: 8:16am On Feb 12
Who good performance help?
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by theamazonguru(m): 8:21am On Feb 12
Malroux:
Tinubulation continues.

Stop this stereotype.
So it was Tinubu that was responsible for her poor academic results?

Yeah, it was a pity she died.
She didn't have to commit suicide now.
The fact that you failed academically does not make you a failure in life now.

And this is the problem here, where we place too much premium on academics.
No be everybody get braian for books.
We should understand this and accept the reality.

I for one, I never had 1 single carry over all through my years in the poly and University, 1st & 2nd MSC.
I recognize the grace of God that gave me the strength. But I must also say, I put in the very hard work, always burying my head in books.

During my external defence for my 2nd MSC the external examiner was so impressed that he offered me admission for PhD on the spot.
Why? My data analysis was so spot on.

Me wey I spend weeks learning about it on YouTube.

What happened to the system of apprenticeship?
This is what Canada does.

I am of the opinion that we need to rejig and review our approach to our education system.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Timiblanko(m): 8:28am On Feb 12
Kids would be commenting everywhere.

No iota of empathy.

Back the the news.

Parent, don't let work cut away communication from your children.

Sometimes all they need is encouragement and love.

As a parent, try know what your children are passing through.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by pocohantas(f): 8:33am On Feb 12
It looks like a suicide culture is creeping into Nigeria. Not just about the hardship. Young people are now committing suicide over the flimsiest reasons like heartbreak and low CGPA.

RIP to her.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by AJEEJA: 8:53am On Feb 12
I can NEVER commit suicide over academics. NEVER.
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by trentslawson(m): 9:01am On Feb 12
Fact here is depression, anything can lead anyone to depression which can result in this situation. Most people are already depressed na small thing remain to hope on living
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by tfelicityk(m): 9:09am On Feb 12
Because of your poor academic performance - you decided to take your life all in the name of what you assumed people will be saying. It is well with your soul.
Please those who are still out there facing such challenges - don't commit suicide please. Kindly, talk to someone who gives you attention.
You can do more better in your vocational skills and progress very well in life.
Say No To Committing Suicide
Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by DJBIGGY(m): 9:10am On Feb 12
I'm quite disgusted by the comments I'm reading. Never judge a situation till you are in the person's shoes. Some people face pressures from home and make them feel worthless if they don't have good school grades. Personally my dad called me a failure when I got 236 in jamb exams in 2007. I knew the mental trauma he gave me because of that.

Other people have high expectations based on academic performance and it's not everybody that has the balls to chest such pressures. People here be claiming like there are things that don't give them anxiety

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide by Tallesty1(m): 9:16am On Feb 12
pocohantas:
It looks like a suicide culture is creeping into Nigeria. Not just about the hardship. Young people are now committing suicide over the flimsiest reasons like heartbreak and low CGPA.

RIP to her.
Blame motivational speakers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DPO Used Tear Gas On Me, Called Me A Prostitute – Rape Victim / 3 Biggest Things Ever Stolen / Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.