Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l (1190 Views)

How Good Is Mitsubishi Galant Es 2009 2.4l 4plug Tok For Bolt / What's The Difference Between The Engines 1.8L, 2.4L And 3.0L/3.5L? / Can A New Remote Be Programmed For 2008 Pathfinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 2:49pm On Feb 13
Hi house. My Accord 08 engine sump and front shocks were recently changed. Ever since, I've been hearing a lot of knocking sounds from the suspension, plus an ungoldy vibration when you press the brake in drive. Not in other gears, just drive.

The mechanic who changed both parts looked over it and changed two mounts, one at the base of the tranny on the driver's side and the other on the side of the passenger.

That didn't fix the vibrations, but the knocking sounds are even my first concern. Accelerating, decelerating, and sometimes turning causes the knocking sounds. The car feels wobbly when accelerating, especially between 20kmh-40kmh.

Another mechanic also checked the car, couldn't find the cause of the knocking sounds not the vibrations. Both techs confirmed that the engine mounts are all good, but there's still that rubbish vibration. Ball joints, tie rods are fine.

Pls what can I do next?
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by Nomerci: 3:56pm On Feb 13
Its last.you know why. Its an accord.
Ask for automanual
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 4:20pm On Feb 13
Cc nurey kingreign Auto manual hondajosh
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by kingreign(m): 4:45pm On Feb 13
Redo the whole suspension again. This time, let someone who's competent do the job.
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 6:20pm On Feb 13
kingreign:
Redo the whole suspension again. This time, let someone who's competent do the job.

Okay. Have any contact in Ibadan?
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by kingreign(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13
theadeola:

No sir
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 7:01pm On Feb 13
kingreign:

No sir

Alright. Finding a good Honda mechanic has been hard.

Will revert when I have found one. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by David50: 7:21pm On Feb 13
Its a very simple problem.
Your strut mounts were not tied properly. Most mechanics don't tighten it properly after strut replacement.

If you have the tools check them yourself.. you dont need a mechanic for this.

Ps: check the center nut especially. In some cars, it will need to be keyed into that hole. It must very very very tight. You may even have to use a washer for added advantage.

Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 8:33pm On Feb 13
I was just reading about this now, and opened nairaland and saw your post. I'll check this tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for the heads up.
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 12:26pm On Feb 14
At the mechanic's presently. This engine seat that was changed recently was removed and the mech said it's metal touches the side when in drive, and that's at least a cause of the vibration in drive.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by Supersaiyanlord: 12:02pm On Feb 15
theadeola:

Timifakay is in ibadan..I don't know if he is still on nairaland..look him up and ring him
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by Nomerci: 2:09pm On Feb 15
Go to gate.or go to Samonda.i can give u a mechanic location at gate. When u get to gate.drive to forte oil that is no longer active. Park by side of road.near where they sell car mats...tinting boys..ask of korede.na young guy of 27 years.he go tidy am for u. Forte oil by old ife Road at gate. Just after total

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by Emekayoung(m): 6:55am On Feb 16
theadeola:

Alright. Finding a good Honda mechanic has been hard.

Will revert when I have found one. Thanks for your reply.
Visit oyingbo. Mechanics plenty there. Na one day them dey know person.
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 9:27am On Feb 16
Update!

After much work, the gear seat I just replaced was found to be torn and shifted forward, which caused the vibration. It was a battle getting it out grin

So I got another one and this time it was seated properly, and brethren, no vibrations!!

The mechanic said it won't last for too long, that new mounts were usually not as good an strong as tokunbo. So I know I need to get good toks mount for the gear now.

As for the knocking sounds, the right side strut mount was not tightened properly, and was redone. Yet, knocking persisted. Ball joints were checked again and readjusted, then the bolt for the lower control arm was discovered to be worn. That was replaced.

Knocking reduced, but I'm not satisfied with that. The axles were checked and the left side inner cup is worn, causing the wobbling when accelerating.

So concluded to get toks axles and gear seat. But for now, vibration is greatly reduced and knocking is greatly reduced.
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 9:27am On Feb 16
Emekayoung:

Visit oyingbo. Mechanics plenty there. Na one day them dey know person.

Not in lagos
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26
Final Update: complete driveshaft replaced. Parts sourced from hondajosh, pleasant man to deal with.

No more wobbling on acceleration and knocking sounds. Finally!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by 2shure: 4:52am On Feb 27
Scrap
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 12:37pm On Feb 27
2shure:
Scrap

undecided
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by otosa(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08
theadeola:
Final Update: complete driveshaft replaced. Parts sourced from hondajosh, pleasant man to deal with.

No more wobbling on acceleration and knocking sounds. Finally!!!
Please can you share me his number I want to take my Acura MDX 2009 there tomorrow for general check-up?
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 6:43pm On Apr 08
otosa:
Please can you share me his number I want to take my Acura MDX 2009 there tomorrow for general check-up?

He's not a mechanic o. He's a part seller.

Anyway, here's his number: +234706 575 3660
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by otosa(m): 8:03am On Apr 09
theadeola:

He's not a mechanic o. He's a part seller.

Anyway, here's his number: +234706 575 3660
ok , thanks
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by otosa(m): 8:44am On Apr 09
otosa:
ok , thanks
but do u have any mechanic at that Oyingbo?
Re: Advice Needed For 2008 Accord 2.4l by theadeola(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09
otosa:
but do u have any mechanic at that Oyingbo?

Not at all. I'm in Ibadan, not lagos

(1) (Reply)

Help! / How Often Do U Change Ur Auto Gear Oil / Why Do Vehicles Break Down On Third Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.